Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
819,821 - 819,840 of 1,095,126 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why so many countries in Europe are struggling to stay afloat. They wanted "fairness" too until the government couldn't extract enough tax money anymore. France has already reached 75% and it still isn't enough.
But our beloved celebrities who worship Obama's idea of "fairness" are ever so happy to do their "fair share". Just wait until they have to fork over 75%.
This president wants big government by taxing everything that isn't nailed down. We've got four more years ahead. Unless more Americans snap out of it before November 2014.
(Reuters)- France's Constitutional Council on Saturday rejected a 75 percent upper income tax

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/29/us-...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>exlax? guess you're missing the affirmative action ambulance chaser early in the day.
but more importantly, when you can't dispute what is posted you and other libots criticize the source. kind of like when you defended John Edwards against the National Enquirer when the NY Times wouldn't discuss what a dirtbag he was.
Kerrrist, you rightwingers jump all over the damn place; stay tuned for Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton and the abortion doctor.

Take a pill or something, stupid woman.

Oh what the hell; what about Dave Ritter getting spanked with diapers! You rightwingers are sick in the head.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Can Christians Learn from the War in Iraq?

A number of commentators have been asking what lessons we might learn from the war in Iraq. With American troops having been so recently withdrawn from that nation, this is certainly an appropriate question. I feel compelled to ask a somewhat more narrowly focused question:“What can Christians learn from the war in Iraq?” I want to offer several thoughts on what I believe are lessons desperately needed.

As I name these lessons, I’ll refer to a “Larry King Live” interview with a number of Christian leaders just prior to the invasion of Iraq in March, 2003. What we find here goes a long way toward illustrating why the white evangelical church – and not alone – was so shamefully and persistently supportive of the war in Iraq. The deplorable use of scripture, the great ignorance of the just war tradition and the naive, blind faith in the Bush administration expressed by most of the participants in this program are emblematic of the utter failure of a great majority of evangelical leaders to lead in a genuinely Christian manner. The sorts of things said in this interview were repeated in countless pulpits and religious talk shows.

The lessons I believe can be drawn from the war in Iraq include the following six items:

First, Christians need to be aware of the fact that times of war are prime times for the abuse of the Bible.“How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy,” Friedrich Nietzche famously said. Bad biblical reasons are particularly abundant during times of war. Most of them are well worn and have long been discredited and disavowed by respectable scholars. But that doesn’t stop preachers and religious talk show hosts from endlessly regurgitating them.

Second, Christian leaders need to actually understand something about Christian views on war and peace before they open their mouths in public. Too often Christian preachers and pundits sanction war automatically with a nod toward the “just war” tradition. But it quickly becomes apparent that few of them have even the most basic grasp of the tradition. It is not enough to vaguely reference the concept of “just war” without showing how a specific war stands or falls before it.

Third, it is crucial that Christians in America learn to listen to Christians from other lands. Church leaders elsewhere in the world weren’t taken in by Bush’s claims about Iraq being an immediate threat to peace. They had a clearer vision about the injustice of the war and the possible destructive consequences. Many churches outside the U.S. condemned the war both before and after it started. I have not found one that offered support for it.

....Sixth, if the experience of the Iraq war is any guide, it suggests that Christian leaders who support war are even more untrustworthy and prone to cling to mistaken views than are hawkish politicians. Their credibility needs to be questioned. It should be no wonder that active church members continued to support the war in Iraq even after most of the country was souring on the war. So many of the leaders of their churches were tenacious war supporters.

No doubt there are other lessons from the war in Iraq that can and should be learned by Christians. But whether any of them will be absorbed by those who need the lessons the most is another matter. We can only hope and pray that something will be learned before the next war occurs.

http://www.redletterchristians.org/can-christ...

so i would say the gist of it is....Christians have no problem advocating violence against those who are different from them.

sound familiar?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Saudi Marathon Man
A twenty-year-old man who had been watching the Boston Marathon had his body torn into by the force of a bomb. He wasn’t alone; a hundred and seventy-six people were injured and three were killed. But he was the only one who, while in the hospital being treated for his wounds, had his apartment searched in “a startling show of force,” as his fellow-tenants described it to the Boston Herald, with a “phalanx” of officers and agents and two K9 units. He was the one whose belongings were carried out in paper bags as his neighbors watched; whose roommate, also a student, was questioned for five hours (“I was scared”) before coming out to say that he didn’t think his friend was someone who’d plant a bomb—that he was a nice guy who liked sports.“Let me go to school, dude,” the roommate said later in the day, covering his face with his hands and almost crying, as a Fox News producer followed him and asked him, again and again, if he was sure he hadn’t been living with a killer.
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment...
not NBC, or CBS, or CNN.....FOX.
yawn. the terrorist in the hospital bed was described as nice too. meanwhile, libs in high places and their media lapdogs were once again more than eager to blame the tea party.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Boston Bombers: Media Caught Wrongfully Accusing American Patriots – AGAIN!

April 22, 2013 at 12:33 pm in News by Tea Party
Tea Party Patriots Call on the Media, Obama Insiders, to Stop Defamation

Today, the Tea Party Patriots, the nation’s largest tea party organization, continued to mourn the tragedy of the Boston Marathon Bombing, and to pray for its victims – while calling on the media and top Obama advisors to stop using national tragedies to falsely accuse and defame American patriots.

“When will they learn their lesson and stop blaming American patriots first when tragedy strikes in America?,” said Jenny Beth Martin, National Coordinator for Tea Party Patriots.“Now that the Boston bombers have been identified as Chechnyans, it is time for the media and top Obama insiders to apologize, once again, for trying to blame another national tragedy on American patriots.”

Here are some recent examples of the media wrongfully accusing American patriots:
2013 – Boston Marathon Bombing – Accused Tea Partiers – WRONG

President Obama’s senior strategist David Axelrod explained why the President didn’t call the Boston bombings a “terrorist attack,” made a point of saying publicly that the Boston bombings occurred on “tax day”(the day often associated with tea parties, in the home city of the Boston Tea Party).

Government official Stephanie Johnson picked up the theme and wrote:“I fear nutty logic goes like this … Patriots Day. April 15. Tax Day. Bad government. Boston. Tea Party. Let’s show ‘em”

The Huffington Post’s Nida Kahn tweeted:“We don’t know anything yet of course, but it is tax day & my first thought was all these anti-gov groups.”

CNN’s Peter Berger said the attackers “might be some other kind of right-wing extremists.”

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews said,“Normally domestic terrorists, people, tend to be on the far right.”

Liberal activist Michael Moore tweeted,“Tax Day. Patriots Day.”

2012 – Colorado Movie Theater Shootings – Accused Tea Partiers – WRONG

ABC News falsely accuses a tea partier of the Colorado movie theater shooting, and later issues an apology and retraction:“ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect. ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted.”

2011 – Shooting of Congresswoman Gabby Giffords – Accused Tea Partiers – WRONG

Within an hour of the shooting, which killed 6 and injured 13 (including Rep. Giffords), the media launched a full-on assault to blame Sarah Palin and American patriots and tea partiers. When it was revealed that the shooter, Jared Loughner, was a lone crazed shooter, not a tea partier, Slate refused to let go of the false accusation, with Jacob Weisberg writing:“the Tea Party movement did make it appreciably more likely that a disturbed person like Loughner would react…in the crazy way he did.”

“We call on the media and all politicians to stop falsely accusing and defaming American patriots of crimes they did not commit. We are putting all media outlets on notice that false and defamatory attacks on the American people will no longer be tolerated. We demand apologies and retractions immediately,” said Martin.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so when FOX said it was a brown person.......?
John King from CNN was the first one to use 'dark skinned individual'.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's not his tax you fkn imbecile__he only just recently expressed a willingness to sign the legislation which levels the retail playing field.
Oh, I know, he's just a po minority, shufflin' along with his hands in his pockets, thinkin' bout you.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
To blame "Bush" for the blisters from thumb twiddling?
Even if the UN Inspectors had gone into Iraq and determined there were absolutely no WMDs after the UN's "serious consequences" resolution and the Iraq War never happened, does anyone really believe Saddam wouldn't have immediately rebuilt his WMD program once the world was temporarily satisfied?

Were the UN Inspectors going to remain there or continue ongoing inspections indefinitely?

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
(Reuters)- France's Constitutional Council on Saturday rejected a 75 percent upper income tax
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/29/us-...
Well, yeah...NOW they do. They're wising up. Maybe you should.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Appearing on Fox News Republican talk show “Hannity” Monday night, right-wing columnist Ann Coulter said she’s sad that not only does she think the Boston bombing should shut down the nation’s immigration reform debate, she would like to see the alleged bomber’s widow in jail too, not for committing a crime but for “wearing a hijab.”

“I don’t care if she knew about this,” Coulter said.“She ought to be in prison for wearing a hijab. This immigration policy of us, you know, assimilating immigrants into our culture isn’t really working. They’re assimilating us into their culture. Did she get a clitorectomy too?”

Fellow Republican talker Laura Ingraham said as much on Monday afternoon, suggesting that the U.S. shut down all immigration from majority Muslim nations.“I would submit that people shouldn’t be coming here as tourists from Chechnya after 9/11,” she said.“Dagistan, Checnya, Kergystan, uh-uh. As George Bush would say,‘None of them stans

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/23/coulter...

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

A car bomb has exploded outside the French embassy in the Libyan capital Tripoli, wounding two French guards and several residents.
The blast in Tripoli destroyed the embassy's ground-floor reception area and perimeter wall, as well as damaging neighbouring homes and shops.
French President Francois Hollande called on Libya to act swiftly over this "unacceptable" attack.
It is the first major attack on a foreign embassy in the Libyan capital.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-222608...
I was certain Obama assured us he personally had the enemy on the run. Could have sworn he did.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the UN Inspectors had gone into Iraq and determined there were absolutely no WMDs after the UN's "serious consequences" resolution and the Iraq War never happened, does anyone really believe Saddam wouldn't have immediately rebuilt his WMD program once the world was temporarily satisfied?
Were the UN Inspectors going to remain there or continue ongoing inspections indefinitely?
You're still chewing that bone?

Sadam Hussein was going to flood the market with his oil, trading in Euros.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why so many countries in Europe are struggling to stay afloat. They wanted "fairness" too until the government couldn't extract enough tax money anymore. France has already reached 75% and it still isn't enough.
But our beloved celebrities who worship Obama's idea of "fairness" are ever so happy to do their "fair share". Just wait until they have to fork over 75%.
This president wants big government by taxing everything that isn't nailed down. We've got four more years ahead. Unless more Americans snap out of it before November 2014.
That's right, but I have to think the vast majority of them believes they're exempt from any harm as long as they keep voting democrat.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Kerrrist, you rightwingers jump all over the damn place; stay tuned for Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton and the abortion doctor.
Take a pill or something, stupid woman.
Oh what the hell; what about Dave Ritter getting spanked with diapers! You rightwingers are sick in the head.
lily boca's fantasies increases in conjunction with her vodka intake
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

The father of the two Boston bombing suspects has said he will fly from Russia to the US to seek “justice and the truth” this week, as federal investigators seek to interview the American wife of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the elder Tsarnaev brother who was killed in a shootout with police.

In an interview on Sunday, Anzor Tsarnaev said he had “lots of questions” for police, and told the Associated Press he wants to “clear up many things”.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/22/boston-...

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Dance, Dave, dance!
Hey Flack.

Feel free to actually dispute what I wrote.

You know, with facts & opposing data.

If you have any.

Which obviously you have none.

Just as I would suspect.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>yawn. the terrorist in the hospital bed was described as nice too. meanwhile, libs in high places and their media lapdogs were once again more than eager to blame the tea party.
i keep seeing you nutjobs saying that, so....let's see it. you know, beyond what some right wing blog has to say.
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU, tranny phag.....
Wrong. I am happily married with my husband of 20 years and 3 kids, is that all you've got moron? And no debate skills?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> John King from CNN was the first one to use 'dark skinned individual'.
cite it.

i never believe what you guys pick up from you own 'media'. something about it always being hard to find a 'quoted''source' being cited by the likes of Breitbart and others of the same cut.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Never assimilated any common sense, did you Dumb Dave? Most of us know that olive is dark. By no means did anyone say, black or brown, liar.
As usual, you never provide a source, just bunk from your air filled head.
Later loser. You've had your quota of time and I can only take so much stupid in a single day from you.
CNN said none of those things like you inferred.

You keep thinking CNN was referring to someone coming out of a tanning salon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 8-20 8 min edogxxx 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min Chickenlittle 49,236
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Dale 176,661
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 22 min Nono 3,896
Chicago voters split on luring Obama presidenti... 24 min Bring it on home 2
Amy 8-20 30 min Sublime1 2
Shootings are in Chicago the Media is in Ferguson 32 min reality is a crutch 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 51 min Sublime1 97,732
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••