Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
819,781 - 819,800 of 1,079,668 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

moshx wrote:
<quoted text> dave maybe you could solve this question I have, acording to libs it would be racist to ask for id when someone votes because minoritys can't afford id . So wouldn't it also be considerd racist to ask for background checks as well seeing one would need an id to have one done? I tell you what dave, I'll take your side on background checks as long as no one has to provide an id to do one. I wouldn't want to be considerd a racist by you libs for wanting proof of id.
First of al, voters now can be asked for ID. The question was a Photo ID.

Republicans passed voter photo ID requirements even though there is no statistical evidence o any voter fraud that this photo ID would prevent.

In other words, it was voter suppression. No one said it was racist. The motivation was to reduce the number of Democrats voting. Not racially motivated.

With background checks for gun purchases, the motivation is public safety.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypocrisy of “states’ rights” conservatives
The 10th Amendment is sacred to the right -- except when it comes to fighting abortion and gay rights
http://www.salon.com/2011/08/07/kilgore_state...
that was too easy.
Salon? Fer chris sake, why don't you also post a link to Media Matters if you want to demonstrate you frequent anti-American extreme left websites.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
your selective memory is a real hoot. you've almost got carol beat.
It's easy to point out your hypocrisy. You don't like being a fool, do you? Then why are you such a big one? Keep posting...

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the jobs lying douchebag Oblamer promised, Doorknob?
Where's the $92 billion wasted on green energy boondoggles?
Where's your spine? MIA ?
Obama has created millions of jobs.

92 billion was never spent on green initiatives

Let me know when you have something more concrete to whine about.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

RIP Richie Havens, died yesterday, age 72
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
Obama’s 'war’
April 22, 2013
Is Dzhokhar Tsarnaev an “enemy combatant”? The Obama administration says “No.” Then again, it almost had to.
From the day he ran for president, Barack Obama has advanced two certainties: that military commissions are bad, and that the way his predecessor prosecuted the War on Terror was not just wrong but immoral, unconstitutional and perhaps criminal.
He staffed his White House with people who thought the same. Attorney General ERIC HOLDER LAUNCHED A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION AGAINST THE CIA INTERROGATORS. Harold Koh, once State’s legal adviser, worried Bush’s legal structure could “license genocide.” And let’s not forget Obama’s pick for the Office of Legal Counsel at Justice, Dawn Johnsen, a lawyer who called for “outrage” over the supposedly lawless nature of virtually every aspect of Bush war policy.
As these views hardened into policy, we have had incoherence in the face of attack. A man tries to blow up a plane as it is landing over Detroit — and we discover that a new elite interrogation unit designed for such terrorists is not yet in place. An attack on Fort Hood soldiers by an Army major shouting “Allahu Akbar!” is labeled “WORKPLACE VIOLENCE.”
Even if we accept the administration’s version of events in the Benghazi killings on 9/11, its first instinct was to blame an anti-Muslim video.
And with the Boston bombing and the apparent foiling of what Canadian authorities yesterday called “an al Qaeda-supported attack” on a passenger train, the White House dances around the obvious: the planned murder of innocent Americans by men inspired by radical Islam.
The Bush administration made its mistakes. But it did recognize something Obama has not: Our legal system was not designed to handle this new threat. SO AMONG THE BUSH GOALS WAS TO PASS ON A LEGAL INFRASTRUCTURE THAT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER FOR SUCCEEDING PRESIDENTS TO DEFEND THIS NATION AGAINST ATTACKS.
FOR YEARS, PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS DONE ALL HE COULD TO DE-LEGITIMATE THESE EFFORTS. By now, even some on his own team must recognize that the effect has been to limit Obama’s own options. The disturbing part is that so long as he makes his political point, the president doesn’t seem to care.
Read more: Obama’s 'war’- NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editoria...
Go buy some exlax; you're backed up again. Who wrote that? Pamela Geller?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Jumping to Delusions: Liberal Media Damage Their Reputations Covering Boston Marathon Bombings

Numerous media outlets jumped on the horrific Boston marathon bombings to levy unfounded accusations and smear-job insinuations that “right-wing” extremists and even the GOP were possibly responsible.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/04/46970-left-wi...

Liberals are scumbags
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Salon? Fer chris sake, why don't you also post a link to Media Matters if you want to demonstrate you frequent anti-American extreme left websites.
oh sure, because you pretty much have to ignore the message.

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
Oh look. Stupid is back.
What a bunch of crap.
Earth to libtard...
30 round magazines jam and as Boston just proved, criminals & terrorists get the weapons anyways. Take away guns and you just get bombs that kill and maim more efficiently.
Moron
next...
<quoted text>
Yes, I already acknowledged your return.

This is the right whiner thinking that is so stupid.

Despite our drunk driving laws, we still have accidents & deaths caused by drunk driving.

According to Waxman, we should just make drunk driving legal because, hey, people still get drunk & drive.

You people get dumber every GD day.

BTW, I love this right whiner's argument.

"we need the assault type rifles with 30 round clips for self defense" " 30 round clips jam"

What kind of fricken moron would want a gun that jams for self defense???

Evidently a dumbass right whiner.

You people are too stupid to be alive.

TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so he had a lot in common with Don?
Aint none of my business if he did. Probably none of yours either.

Maybe you could go compare desperation notes with the other two doorknobs on here...start yew own lil cwub--lowlife ghetto guttersnipes of a feather...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

KABUL, Afghanistan — Officials say a helicopter owned by an Afghan company has made an emergency landing in a Taliban-controlled area of eastern Afghanistan, and the insurgents took all nine people who were aboard hostage.

A district administrator in the area says the helicopter landed on Sunday afternoon in strong winds and rain in a village of Logar province, southeast of Kabul and about 30 kilometers (or 20 miles) from the Pakistan border.

Hamidullah Hamid said on Monday that the Taliban captured all nine aboard the aircraft and took them from the area. He says the crew and passengers are all civilian.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/tali...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

A Necessary Reckoning With Torture

The Constitution Project's report on detainee treatment is but a first step toward the truth—and reclaiming our national honor.

A new report by the Washington D.C.-based Constitution Project’s Task Force on Detainee Treatment appeared last week, and it should once and for all end the largely partisan debate about whether the United States engaged in torture as part of its counterterrorism effort. A rehashing of the pros and cons regarding the handling of terrorists might well have been considered old news but for the Task Force’s well documented unanimous judgment that in the aftermath of 9/11 the U.S. government had indeed carried out acts that were indisputably torture. A second finding maintains that the top officials in Bush administration bear full responsibility for enabling the practice, having entered into detailed discussions before committing what amount to war crimes.

....The report notes that those Bush loyalists and CIA apparatchiks who persist in arguing that torture is effective might also consider the classified 6,000-page Senate Intelligence Committee report, which used government records to examine in detail every interrogation carried out by the Agency. It reportedly agreed with the Constitution Project Task Force, concluding that torture never produced any information that could not have been obtained by less coercive means.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
Jumping to Delusions: Liberal Media Damage Their Reputations Covering Boston Marathon Bombings
Numerous media outlets jumped on the horrific Boston marathon bombings to levy unfounded accusations and smear-job insinuations that “right-wing” extremists and even the GOP were possibly responsible.
Liberals are scumbags
so when FOX said it was a brown person.......?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Senator Baucus announces he won't run for reelection in 2014, yet he still voted no on gun control.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

The third video, Hardball is really funny. They were so wrong. The liberal moron with Chris Mathews is a joke.

The second video is telling as well.

Democrats are scumbags, blame America first crowd. Democrats are church going, Hate your neighbors types.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so when FOX said it was a brown person.......?
I believe it was referred to as darker or olive type skin, like Mediterranean or middle east, which ended up being correct.

I really need to stop talking to idiots like you.

The hook nose was a dead giveaway.

You are an idiot.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

'Fairness' has reared it's ugly head again. Obama's Internet sales tax will decimate another industry. It's amazing how much you liberals will swallow if you're told you're helping someone, somewhere. Under Obama, fairness, of any kind, can only be enjoyed if someone else is made to pay for it. Fairness has become a rare commodity that no one can live without and he (his government) has the exclusive authority to confiscate it from one and distribute it to another, at a price, of course.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

A car bomb has exploded outside the French embassy in the Libyan capital Tripoli, wounding two French guards and several residents.

The blast in Tripoli destroyed the embassy's ground-floor reception area and perimeter wall, as well as damaging neighbouring homes and shops.

French President Francois Hollande called on Libya to act swiftly over this "unacceptable" attack.

It is the first major attack on a foreign embassy in the Libyan capital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-222608...

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those "green investments" have failed, dipstick? We can start at Solyndra and go on from there. And before you accuse me of being "anti-green", I have owned and operated my own off-grid utilities (ALL of them) for 20 years. Call me when you even APPROACH my level of sustainability. Never happen....
The green investments were made to companies with promising ideas & were riskier than most investors would prefer. The hopes were to help these people get their ideas out there & make advancements. Some did not make it.

This risk was known when the program was designed. There was a fund established to cover the losses. I believe it was 10 billion. Most of the fund remains unused.

Lets talk Solyndra. Solyndra's panels were not of the typical design & were not silicon based as most panels. The price of silicon was going up & up & this made Solyndra's panels not only innovative but cost competitive.

Two things then happened, the price of silicon dropped dramatically & China invested tens of billions in their panel manufacturing. These things killed Solyndra. Market conditions that were not present when Solyndra was approved.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I already acknowledged your return.
This is the right whiner thinking that is so stupid.
Despite our drunk driving laws, we still have accidents & deaths caused by drunk driving.
According to Waxman, we should just make drunk driving legal because, hey, people still get drunk & drive.
You people get dumber every GD day.
BTW, I love this right whiner's argument.
"we need the assault type rifles with 30 round clips for self defense" " 30 round clips jam"
What kind of fricken moron would want a gun that jams for self defense???
Evidently a dumbass right whiner.
You people are too stupid to be alive.
yes, we know Dumb Dave. Everyone but you is dumb.

You say the same thing every day about roughly ten people, and the ten people say the same about you.

Hmmmm....

I wonder who is correct?

Baaawwwaaaahhhhh!!!!

Moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Brian_G 45,781
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 56 min Uzi 67,930
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 3 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 5 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 6 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••