Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892025 Apr 23, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>whats not to love? between the 93% black unemployment rate and 92% illegitimacy rate--they asked themselves, are you better off today than you were in 2008? and they said yes--we get more foodstamps and have Obamaphones!
more wish guessing? sorry uber-nutjob....

When asked why they believed the Black unemployment rate was double that of whites. Responses include:
* Failure of the education system for minorities/African Americans (50%)
* Lack of corporate commitment to hiring minorities/African Americans (48%)
* Lack of good government policies (25%)

As to whether respondents felt they were overlooked or discounted as a serious candidate for employment because of their race, forty-seven (47%) percent said yes and thirty-nine percent (39%) said no.

When asked why the wealth gap has increased by $70,000 over the last 20 years, nearly half (47%) of respondents say that both the lack of jobs and a lack of access to capital are to blame for the wealth gap between whites and African Americans.

http://www.blacknews.com/news/robert_l_johnso...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#892026 Apr 23, 2013
the dumbas** FROM nj! WANTS TO BLAME BUSH FOR CRIMES COMMITTED IN THE BLACK COMMUNITYthis dunce wants to blame republicans and not the CRIMINAL in and FROM the BLACK COMMUNITY that does more damage to the Black community than any racists white man look at the BLACK ON BLACK crime,so if you BLAME the WHITEman what ARE YOU DOING TO UNDO WHAT THE WHITEman has done VOTE DEMOCRAT what does chuck shumer do for blacks in NYC when obama is gone you will go back to being militant hahahahlololol NDAA2012 thanks barack wait till BOSTON COMES TO YOUR HOOD the lock down will look a lot different hahahahahlolololololo I CANT WAIT lolololhahahahah

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#892027 Apr 23, 2013
Man charged in ricin letters released. FBI says it appears he was framed.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#892028 Apr 23, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, your mind couldn't be opened with a "Jaws of Life". Obamacare isn't his only accomplishment and while it's not perfect, there's no public option, it's certainly not the "train wreck " you describe . Here's some of his other accomplishments;
Passed the Stimulus: Signed $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009 to spur economic growth amid greatest recession since the Great Depression. Weeks after stimulus went into effect, unemployment claims began to subside. Twelve months later, the private sector began producing more jobs than it was losing, and it has continued to do so for twenty-three straight months, creating a total of nearly 3.7 million new private-sector jobs.
Passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession. The new law tightens capital requirements on large banks and other financial institutions, requires derivatives to be sold on clearinghouses and exchanges, mandates that large banks provide “living wills” to avoid chaotic bankruptcies, limits their ability to trade with customers’ money for their own profit, and creates the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (now headed by Richard Cordray) to crack down on abusive lending products and companies.
Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry: In 2009, injected $62 billion in federal money (on top of $13.4 billion in loans from the Bush administration) into ailing GM and Chrysler in return for equity stakes and agreements for massive restructuring. Since bottoming out in 2009, the auto industry has added more than 100,000 jobs. In 2011, the Big Three automakers all gained market share for the first time in two decades. The government expects to lose $16 billion of its investment, less if the price of the GM stock it still owns increases.
Improved America’s Image Abroad: With new policies, diplomacy, and rhetoric, reversed a sharp decline in world opinion toward the U.S.(and the corresponding loss of “soft power”) during the Bush years. From 2008 to 2011, favorable opinion toward the United States rose in ten of fifteen countries surveyed by the Pew Global Attitudes Project, with an average increase of 26 percent.
Kicked Banks Out of Federal Student Loan Program, Expanded Pell Grant Spending: As part of the 2010 health care reform bill, signed measure ending the wasteful decades-old practice of subsidizing banks to provide college loans. Starting July 2010 all students began getting their federal student loans directly from the federal government. Treasury will save $67 billion over ten years,$36 billion of which will go to expanding Pell Grants to lower-income students.
And there's more;
www.washingtonmonthly.com/.../obamas_top_50_a... ...
You obviously have a twisted sense of humor but I don't like it.

The Boy Messiah's activities are not humorous in any conceivable context.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#892029 Apr 23, 2013
flack wrote:
Obama administration doing everything they can to walk back the Syrian red line talk. As more and more evidence turning up the Obama administration is doing everything it can to find some way around the 'red line' threat to Syria!!! What a pansy we have for a president!!!
Liberals just don't like making anyone mad.

It's why too many parents and students walk all over teachers and administrators in the public schools.

It's also why terrorists become more emboldened.

It's probably not politically correct to grow a spine.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892030 Apr 23, 2013
As Usual, Interventionists Fail to Ask the Right Questions on Syria

Paul Pillar demolishes Jackson Diehl’s Iraq war revisionism:

The next topic in the column is al-Qaeda, with Diehl repeating the flypaper theory of counterterrorism by saying that “in Iraq, the United States faced down al-Qaeda and eventually dealt it a decisive defeat.” The fallacy with this theory is that it assumes there is a fixed number of terrorists, with the task simply being one of attracting them to where we can kill them. In fact, by its invasion and occupation of Iraq, the United States generated far more terrorists, including those of the al-Qaeda ilk, than it killed. There was no al-Qaeda in Iraq until after the U.S. invasion and the ensuing civil war created it. Moreover, the entire war was a propaganda bonanza for Osama bin Laden, lending credibility in many eyes to his accusations about the United States being out to kill Muslims, occupy their lands, and plunder their resources. The war unquestionably gave a major boost to jihadist terrorism.

Pillar sums up the flaws in Diehl’s account of the Iraq war very well. Diehl’s confusion about what happened in Iraq leads to his misguided view of what the U.S. should do in Syria. Because he can’t or won’t acknowledge that jihadists benefited from the invasion and occupation in Iraq, he doesn’t even consider that bringing the U.S. into the Syrian conflict could easily have the same effect. The rise of jihadist groups inside Iraq is another warning against intervening militarily in Syria. Indeed, doing so would be directly contrary to U.S. security interests.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Orlando, FL

#892031 Apr 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Saddam was a POS but he was a harmless POS. France, German, Italian and Turkish intelligence agencies, to name a few knew Saddam was a paper tiger. Israel also knew but didn't offer up their real intelligence. I don't know where you are coming from with the medical research bullsht__please provide a link that doesn't have (opinion) in the title.
Between 3200 and 5000 Kurds died as a result of the gassing and 7000 plus suffered injuries of varying degrees, some of them life shortening.
As usual Carol__you're lost on the subject and too fkn lazy to explore the details. Sad case you are!
The mere fact that you think Saddam was a "harmless POS" pretty much says it all.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#892034 Apr 23, 2013
BLACK GAY POLITICIAN SAID I HAVE A GAY AGENDA not A BLACK AGENDA so why should HETEROSEXUAL BLACKS VOTE FOR A POLITICIAN WHOSE VALUES OR AGENDA doesn't support why should you vote for his color,well that didn't work out voting for race

Orlando, FL

#892035 Apr 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have a twisted sense of humor but I don't like it.
The Boy Messiah's activities are not humorous in any conceivable context.
What IS funny is that it was a Democrat who helped write Obamacare, Senate Finance Committee Chairman, Max Baucus (D), who said Obamcare was "a huge train wreck coming down".

One week ago, West Virginia Senator Jay Rockefeller (D) said the law was “beyond comprehension.”

Kathleen Sebelius (D) said about the Obama Administration’s outreach efforts, "people have no idea what to do, what to expect.”

But it's probably best not to upset PDupont.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#892036 Apr 23, 2013
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text> first of all carol, you supported a lying sack of shit from bush's part, saddam had "NOTHING" to do with 911, it was a lie created by bush to fool stupid people like you and support him to go to an unesessary war, thanks carol for helping bush convince americans what a failure and a liar he was.
"...with nothing on the table to debate with, except for name calling..."???

Yeah, right, hypocritical lizard lips.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#892037 Apr 23, 2013
THESE POLITICIANS AND THEIR UGLY WIFE WHY IS MOOCHELLE not in CHIAGO COMFORTING THE FAMILY OF THE BOY KILLED IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD,O I FORGOT ITS THE MONTH FOR BLOOD SO THE JACKALS ARE ALL OUT nasty and tasteless obamas, photo ops all smiles REALLY nothing but smiles why would you want these people around your bed taking photos nasty nasty just to look at
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#892038 Apr 23, 2013
flack wrote:
Obama administration doing everything they can to walk back the Syrian red line talk. As more and more evidence turning up the Obama administration is doing everything it can to find some way around the 'red line' threat to Syria!!! What a pansy we have for a president!!!
What would you recommend ambassador Flacko?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892039 Apr 23, 2013
Fox News Scrubs Story Implicating Saudi Man In Terrorist Activity (ala Glenn Beck)

What can explain this odd self-censorship by two separate, unaffiliated web sites? The articles simply vanished with no comment or correction. Was there a discovery that they were so far off base that they put the publishers in jeopardy of being sued for libel? If so, simply removing them would not be an effective defense without an apology for any harm done. It would more likely serve to prove that they had an awareness of the potential for harm and sought to cover up their actions.

Another theory might be that Fox and Townhall are actually covert liberal agents who are in cahoots with Obama and the jihad movement and decided it would be better if they didn’t publicize these allegations. Plus they could sabotage Beck’s effort to reveal these harrowing truths and crush his credibility (if there were any left for crushing).

Alright, I know I shouldn’t be giving Beck any help in concocting his paranoid delusions. First of all, he’s better at it than I am. And secondly, it’s like giving a drug addict a fix. But what else might explain the behavior of Fox News, who ordinarily would leap at the opportunity to implicate Obama in some nefarious intrigue?

These missing articles create a mystery all their own, and it’s one that will likely never be solved because Fox is not forthcoming on matters related to their pseudo-journalistic endeavors. They rarely acknowledge errors in the best of circumstances, so we ought not to expect them to do so after having secretly excised a piece of dubious reporting. For all we are likely to ever know, these articles were just sucked into the black hole of Fox’s nightmare factory

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

[Note: Both pages remain in Google's cache and can be accessed here: Fox News cache --- Townhall cache]

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892040 Apr 23, 2013
Glenn Beck’s “Most Important Story In History” Just Another Epic Dud

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#892041 Apr 23, 2013
KEENEN IVORY WAYANS knows WHATS HOT it might be tanned but it ain't BURNT lololol swirling lolololol he must be saying once you go WHITE you stay allday allnight light bright moochelle pretty ha lololol
WOW

Bronx, NY

#892042 Apr 23, 2013
Boston Terror Narrative Starts Falling Apart
Chechen Brothers Did NOT Rob 7-11

We have no idea whether or not the Chechen brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were the Boston terrorists.

But several parts of the official narrative are already falling apart.

Initially, the claim that they robbed a 7-11 is totally false. USA Today reported on April 19th:

There was a 7-Eleven robbery in Cambridge last night, but it had nothing to do with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.

Margaret Chabris, the director of corporate communication at 7- Eleven, says the surveillance video of the crime was not taken at a 7-Eleven and that the suspect that did rob the 7-Eleven does not look like Tamerlan or Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

“The suspect in the photos for that particular 7-Eleven robbery looks nothing like the suspects,” Chabris says.“The police or someone made a mistake. Someone was confused.”

At an earlier press conference morning, when [State Police Superintendent Timothy Alban] described the manhunt and standoff that resulted in the death of an MIT police officer, he also said that the two brothers robbed a 7-Eleven.

Moreover, the FBI initially denied ever having spoken with either of the brothers. But CBS news notes:

The FBI admitted Friday they interviewed the now-deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev two years ago and failed to find any incriminating information about him.

Other oddities include the following:

According to the head cross country coach at the University of Mobile – a marathon runner who has run in numerous big races - bomb-sniffing dogs and a bomb squad inspected the runners … and authorities repeatedly announced over the loudspeaker that they were conducting drills. This occurred at the start of the Boston marathon. He believes that authorities must have had credible evidence of a bomb threat
Neoconservatives provided substantial support to terrorists in Chechnya
Chechens have previously been framed (by the Russians) for terrorist acts which they probably didn’t commit
Again, they might be guilty. But as Glenn Greenwald notes:

The overarching principle here should be that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is entitled to a presumption of innocence until he is actually proven guilty. As so many cases have proven – from accused (but exonerated) anthrax attacker Stephen Hatfill to accused (but exonerated) Atlanta Olympic bomber Richard Jewell to dozens if not hundreds of Guantanamo detainees accused of being the “worst of the worst” but who were guilty of nothing – people who appear to be guilty based on government accusations and trials-by-media are often completely innocent. Media-presented evidence is no substitute for due process and an adversarial trial.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#892043 Apr 23, 2013
WOW wrote:
the dumbas** FROM nj! WANTS TO BLAME BUSH FOR CRIMES COMMITTED IN THE BLACK COMMUNITYthis dunce wants to blame republicans and not the CRIMINAL in and FROM the BLACK COMMUNITY that does more damage to the Black community than any racists white man look at the BLACK ON BLACK crime,so if you BLAME the WHITEman what ARE YOU DOING TO UNDO WHAT THE WHITEman has done VOTE DEMOCRAT what does chuck shumer do for blacks in NYC when obama is gone you will go back to being militant hahahahlololol NDAA2012 thanks barack wait till BOSTON COMES TO YOUR HOOD the lock down will look a lot different hahahahahlolololololo I CANT WAIT lolololhahahahah
I don't know where you're from, & truthfully I don't care. I'll tell you something about me tho, dumass! I'm from the streets. Been playing the game since I was 12yrs old. I changed myself. It's not my job to change everyone else, but I'm also not the 1 pointing fingers & talking dumshit about something you evidently know nothing about. What are you doing to change things? Nothing, but flapping your lips to the tube of saying nothing that takes cognitive thought. If every man manned up like me, the change would happen naturally like evolution. What sense does it make to blame someone that's only been in office for a little over 4yrs, for an inequality that's been going on since the birth of this country/cooperation America? Had Obama went in office with a black agenda, it would've done nothing but, divided this country more than him bring the token black man. Shinning example of the heights black folks can reach through hard work. You keep riding Bush's nuts. The evidence is in on him. He can easily be judged a failure, without doubt!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#892044 Apr 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What would you recommend ambassador Flacko?
What I would do is not important. What President Obama does he. He got up there on TV and puffed out his chest and said 'If Syria uses chemical weapons against the rebels my administration will consider that crossing a red line!' Now he is trying to walk that back. What an empty suit for a president we have.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#892045 Apr 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The mere fact that you think Saddam was a "harmless POS" pretty much says it all.
He ran like a coward Carol, his retarded sons ran, the Baath Party folded with some running to Syria (there is your Iraq-Syria connection).

Saddam had nothing beyond a well paid entourage of azz kissers some of whom were screwing over the fool because was a dummy__like you.

Paper tiger Carol.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#892046 Apr 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals just don't like making anyone mad.
It's why too many parents and students walk all over teachers and administrators in the public schools.
It's also why terrorists become more emboldened.
It's probably not politically correct to grow a spine.
I agree being a Liberal is Spineless it’s the party that follows ‘The Path of Least Resistance, never ever having to say No’

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min OzRitz 49,191
sex 29 min rahul 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Jacques Ottawa 181,813
amy 12-20 47 min Pippa 5
abby 12-20 1 hr Pippa 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,917
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:28 am PST

Bleacher Report11:28AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
Bleacher Report11:39 AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler