Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,986)

Showing posts 819,701 - 819,720 of1,078,442
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dog peed in your Oatmeal again, hey?
i don't have a dog, but thanks for your concern.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

NRA, gun dealers await new surge of gun sales in wake of Boston shootout

NRA member Timothy Campbell of Dallas, Texas, says he has called Boston and MIT police departments over a dozen times since the murder of an MIT police officer last Thursday, but neither department has been willing to release the exact brands and models of guns used. While many cite fears that guns like the ones used in acts of terrorism or mass murder will be targeted for stricter regulation or even banning by the government, Campbell, an avid gun collector, says he recognizes that the odds that access to such weapons would be restricted are "essentially zero," he still is eager to purchase the guns as soon as the Tsarnaev weapons are identified. "I don't really know why I want to own them so bad," he said during an interview conducted this morning. "I guess it's probably a penis thing."

An executive with a prominent gun manufacturer said that having one of a company's guns used in an incident of mass murder or terrorism can represent a substantial boon to profits. The executive, who wished his identity and the name of his company to remain anonymous, noted that "the more vicious the crime, the bigger the surge in resulting sales is. When one of our guns was used in the murders at Sandy Hook, our dealers couldn't keep them on the shelves afterwards. We had to add another shift, we were selling so many."

A Boston-area Glock dealer who also wished to remain anonymous agreed. "Having one of our guns used in the shooting of an actual congressperson was probably the best advertisement we ever had. The sales were phenomenal afterwards." He says that while the company urged him to tell prospective buyers that the gun could likely face stricter regulation in the wake of the shooting, "It was nonsense, but I found I didn't even have to. Sure, everybody says those things, but the truth is people just want to own a gun that they know has become infamous. It makes them feel dangerous themselves, and that's what we're in the business of selling."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/20/1203...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

NBC: Boston Bombing Suspect Says Brothers Weren't In Touch With Overseas Terrorist Groups

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/bost...

not according to the right wing blogs. they've worked up a whole mythology that only an idiot would buy into.

idiots?(like i even need to ask....)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
NBC: Boston Bombing Suspect Says Brothers Weren't In Touch With Overseas Terrorist Groups
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/bost...
not according to the right wing blogs. they've worked up a whole mythology that only an idiot would buy into.
idiots?(like i even need to ask....)
Leave it to you to believe a terrorist.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

NASA's Kepler discovers its smallest 'habitable zone' planets to date
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Leave it to you to believe a terrorist.
better i should believe a right wing blog?

sorry, i'm not a right wing idiot.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

The Conservative Paranoid Mind

There’s a common thread linking conservatives’ positions on gun control, immigration, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: the constant need to stoke fear.

Conservatism, I fear (so to speak), can never be cleansed of this need to instill fear. Whether it’s of black people or of street thugs or of immigrants or of terrorists or of jackbooted government agents, it’s how the conservative mind works. I don’t even think it’s always cynical and manipulative; conservatives often do see enemies under every bed. But that doesn’t mean they’re there, and it most definitely doesn’t mean the rest of us ought to make law and policy based on their nightmares.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

What’s the Difference Between McVeigh and Tsarnaev?

The federal government managed to hunt down, arrest, charge, try, convict and execute Timothy McVeigh without junking due process.

When Jared Lee Loughner attempted to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, and shot dead a federal judge and a 9-year-old, grandstanding lawmakers did not demand that he be taken into military custody. Nor did they make that demand when James Holmes was arrested for killing 12 people and wounding 70 others at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater.

But now Senator Lindsey Graham is calling for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to be classified as an enemy combatant and “held and questioned under the law of war,” without a lawyer.

What’s the difference? The Boston Marathon bombings are closer to the colloquial and legal definitions of terrorism than the Aurora shooting, but not the Oklahoma bombing, or the Arizona attack.

The real difference is that Mr. Tsarnaev is a Muslim, and the United States has since the 9/11 terrorist attacks constructed a separate and profoundly unequal system of detention and punishment that essentially applies only to Muslims.

Mr. Graham and others who are demanding that prosecutors treat Mr. Tsarnaev differently from Mr. McVeigh are not even trying very hard to disguise the fact that they’re drawing distinctions based on religion and ethnicity.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/2...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotic demorat policies and laws were financially supporting the latest islamofascist America haters. Good work, Doorknob.
"doorknob" as an adecjetive lol.

Duh A Vey....are your screws in yer frame tight enough, or are they hanging out flapping a little thread barren today lol?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Dave dishes out a lot more than he gets.
That aside, with the National Defense Authorization Act, I've given up on both major parties.
I find it incredible the Congressional boobs haven't read the Posse Comitatus Act or the Supreme Court case of Ex Parte Milligan. Or perhaps they've gotten to the point where they don't give a damn. A plague on both their houses.
I just read a picto-graph article wit some of them thare kinds of descriptive in it...something about "indefatigus officeseekas" more commonly known as perpetual poliTicians.

Woof woof woof, give us all yer money...wooof woof woof, campaign promise number blah blah blah...(give us some more of all yer money)...next campiagn promise of nuffin but hotairus BS-us blah blah blah.

Poke 'em all with pitchforks, till they start actually having to use some braincellage again!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
What’s the Difference Between McVeigh and Tsarnaev?
The federal government managed to hunt down, arrest, charge, try, convict and execute Timothy McVeigh without junking due process.
When Jared Lee Loughner attempted to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, and shot dead a federal judge and a 9-year-old, grandstanding lawmakers did not demand that he be taken into military custody. Nor did they make that demand when James Holmes was arrested for killing 12 people and wounding 70 others at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater.
But now Senator Lindsey Graham is calling for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to be classified as an enemy combatant and “held and questioned under the law of war,” without a lawyer.
What’s the difference? The Boston Marathon bombings are closer to the colloquial and legal definitions of terrorism than the Aurora shooting, but not the Oklahoma bombing, or the Arizona attack.
The real difference is that Mr. Tsarnaev is a Muslim, and the United States has since the 9/11 terrorist attacks constructed a separate and profoundly unequal system of detention and punishment that essentially applies only to Muslims.
Mr. Graham and others who are demanding that prosecutors treat Mr. Tsarnaev differently from Mr. McVeigh are not even trying very hard to disguise the fact that they’re drawing distinctions based on religion and ethnicity.
http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/2...
Send 'em BOTH to Gitmo!!!

Dirtbags.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Dave dishes out a lot more than he gets.
That aside, with the National Defense Authorization Act, I've given up on both major parties.
I find it incredible the Congressional boobs haven't read the Posse Comitatus Act or the Supreme Court case of Ex Parte Milligan. Or perhaps they've gotten to the point where they don't give a damn. A plague on both their houses.
Yes, the moron, like you, dishes out more moronic bullshit than anyone on the thread. Usually you liberals are completely devoid of honesty, integrity, loyalty, sincerity and many good qualities.

Why are you being honest, plastic liberal?

Let's guess what you will post today. I'll go out on a limb and say the Iraq War and more about Bush! You are a very creative person.

Baaawwwaaaahhhh!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Americans don’t believe in shredding Constitution to fight terror

Defending the civil liberties of suspected terrorists is generally not considered a popular position. And yet, in a bit of a surprise, a new poll released today finds that a plurality worries more about government trampling constitutional rights while battling terrorism than it does about government not doing enough to fight it. From the Post:

Which worries you more: that the government will not go far enough to investigate terrorism because of concerns about constitutional rights, or that it will go too far in compromising constitutional rights in order to investigate terrorism?

Will not go far enough: 41

Will go too far: 48

Interestingly, despite the fact that the push for Tsarnaev to be held as an enemy combatant is coming from GOP officials, Republican respondents to the poll are even more strongly tilted towards worrying about government compromising constitutional rights, by 56-34. Conservatives tilt this way by 46-41. Democrats also agree by 48-43.

On top of this, the poll was taken from April 17-18 — well after the bombings had taken place, on April 15th.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

So why do the senators — whose call was echoed by Massachusetts senatorial candidate Gabriel Gomez — persist? Some candidates seem to feel that asserting a manly contempt for defendants’ rights is a winning political stance. But it’s also hard to avoid the impression that McCain, Graham, and some other hawks are rehashing the battles of the Bush era, in search of vindication. During the recent confirmation hearings for Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, McCain and Graham seemed most concerned about preventing a one-time Iraq war critic from heading the Pentagon, as if elevating him to the job would discredit a war that both senators vigorously supported.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/editorials/2013/04...

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I thank people who have something to offer.
That's why I will never thank you.
I always knew you were a Glenn Beck follower.

An uneducated ignorant uninformed racist fool following another uneducated ignorant uninformed racist fool.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! Saddam invaded Kuwait in 1990, 13 years before. He no longer had the capability to invade anyone.
You're an idiot!
HEY STUPID!

You just proved you are a liar and an idiot! We have video recordings of Democrats contradicting what you just said, numbnuts. In the video (link provided), there is Bill Clinton as president in 1998 warning us about Saddam/Iraq and WMD (including NUCLEAR!!!!) followed by John Kerry in 2002, and several other DemocRATS.

Get a flocking clue, Hitler Youth Boy. All you do is propagandize and lie, zero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

You, being a brain dead zombie buy into the Democrats politicization of that war (second link - below). It's OK to make an argument we should have never gone, but then you would need to blame Democrats as much as Republicans, which a Jim Jones moron like you wouldn't do! All you DemocRATS are just extreme leftwing idiots nowadays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

You area liar and an idiot!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I always knew you were a Glenn Beck follower.
An uneducated ignorant uninformed racist fool following another uneducated ignorant uninformed racist fool.
Dumb people love to use the race card.
NO MORE GUN LAWS

South Mills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

The AP reports that the men who detonated explosives to kill innocents at the Boston Marathons and later engaged in a shoot-out with police (after shooting an MIT security guard execution-style) didn't have gun permits, according to Massachusetts state police.

But wait a minute. I thought a rigorous system for regulating gun permits was supposed to prevent gun violence (that's what Massachusetts state officials insisted upon passing the nation's toughest gun laws back in 1998).

It's almost as if the Tsarnaev brothers -- terrorists, murderers, carjackers -- had no respect for the (gun) laws . WE HAVE TO MANY GUN LAWS,WHEN YOU SEE OBAMA CRYING ABOUT NEWTOWN AND NOT THE OTHER KIDS THAT HAVE GOT KILLED IN THE USA BY OUT LAWS HE IS CRYING TO TAKE
WE THE PEOPLE GUNS SO THAT WE CAN NOT PROTECT OUR KIDS!!!!VOTE OUT IN 2014 ALL THE PEOPLE THAT WANT MORE
GUN CONTROL!!!!!OBAMA HAS AND WILL HAVE 24/7 ARMED GUARDS AND HE DOES NOT AND I REPEAT HE DOES NO GIVE A
DAMN ABOUT YOU AND YOUR LOVE ONES ! HE IS NOTHING BUT
A CON MAN AND BULL SHITER!!

"Gunwalking", or "letting guns walk", was a tactic of the Arizona Field Office of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). They ran a series of "gunwalking" sting operations[2][3] between 2006[4] and 2011[2][5] in the Tucson and Phoenix area where the ATF "purposely allowed licensed firearms dealers to sell weapons to illegal straw buyers, hoping to track the guns to Mexican drug cartel leaders."[6] These operations were done under the umbrella of Project Gunrunner, a project intended to stem the flow of firearms into Mexico by interdicting straw purchasers and gun traffickers within the United States.[7]President Obama and Attorney General Holder to severely curtail gun rights in America. This is not to say that the subject isn’t relevant to the overall narrative; in fact, it is very important to consider the evidence Pavlich presents in support of her assertion that,“Under Eric Holder, the ATF was deputized to change the nation’s gun laws by putting in place a shadowy operation designed to prove a falsehood: that weapons sold by U.S. gun shops, especially ‘assault weapons,’ are the cause of Mexico’s drug violence. By creating public outrage, President Obama, Eric Holder, and other administration officials, all with longstanding records of hostility against the Second Amendment, hoped to reinstate the assault weapons ban, which had been one of their early, but failed, political goals”(p. 154). However, while Pavlich demonstrates the existence of these efforts, the overall narrative might have been better served by relegating commentary on them to a chapter or two at the end of the book.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

NO MORE GUN LAWS wrote:
The AP reports that the men who detonated explosives to kill innocents at the Boston Marathons and later engaged in a shoot-out with police (after shooting an MIT security guard execution-style) didn't have gun permits, according to Massachusetts state police.
But wait a minute. I thought a rigorous system for regulating gun permits was supposed to prevent gun violence (that's what Massachusetts state officials insisted upon passing the nation's toughest gun laws back in 1998).
It's almost as if the Tsarnaev brothers -- terrorists, murderers, carjackers -- had no respect for the (gun) laws . WE HAVE TO MANY GUN LAWS,WHEN YOU SEE OBAMA CRYING ABOUT NEWTOWN AND NOT THE OTHER KIDS THAT HAVE GOT KILLED IN THE USA BY OUT LAWS HE IS CRYING TO TAKE
WE THE PEOPLE GUNS SO THAT WE CAN NOT PROTECT OUR KIDS!!!!VOTE OUT IN 2014 ALL THE PEOPLE THAT WANT MORE
GUN CONTROL!!!!!OBAMA HAS AND WILL HAVE 24/7 ARMED GUARDS AND HE DOES NOT AND I REPEAT HE DOES NO GIVE A
"Gunwalking", or "letting guns walk", was a tactic of the Arizona Field Office of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). They ran a series of "gunwalking" sting operations[2][3] between 2006[4] and 2011[2][5] in the Tucson and Phoenix area where the ATF "purposely allowed licensed firearms dealers to sell weapons to illegal straw buyers, hoping to track the guns to Mexican drug cartel leaders."[6] These operations were done under the umbrella of Project Gunrunner, a project intended to stem the flow of firearms into Mexico by interdicting straw purchasers and gun traffickers within the United States.[7]President Obama and Attorney General Holder to severely curtail gun rights in America. This is not to say that the subject isn’t relevant to the overall narrative; in fact, it is very important to consider the evidence Pavlich presents in support of her assertion that,“Under Eric Holder, the ATF was deputized to change the nation’s gun laws by putting in place a shadowy operation designed to prove a falsehood: that weapons sold by U.S. gun shops, especially ‘assault weapons,’ are the cause of Mexico’s drug violence. By creating public outrage, President Obama, Eric Holder, and other administration officials, all with longstanding records of hostility against the Second Amendment, hoped to reinstate the assault weapons ban, which had been one of their early, but failed, political goals”(p. 154). However, while Pavlich demonstrates the existence of these efforts, the overall narrative might have been better served by relegating commentary on them to a chapter or two at the end of the book.
(right wing blog. fodder for the idiots.)
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

NO MORE GUN LAWS wrote:
Excellent point. Have you ever seen a program or agenda from Democrats lately that has helped anything?

Democrats have no respect for the Constitution. Connecticut just passed an anti-freedom gun law that does nothing except harass law abiding citizens and does absolutely ZERO to prevent a future act against children at schools.

Your post just pointed out how fake Democrat/Socialist gun laws are.

Democrats are idiots and liberalism is a mental disorder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 819,701 - 819,720 of1,078,442
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-23 4 min Pippa 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Frank 174,463
Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didn’t Protect ... 6 min Michael Snyder 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min danetoo 67,874
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 16 min Notthatitmatters 3,826
Debate: Marijuana - Chicago, IL (Aug '10) 19 min Brian Shepard 296
Amy 7-23 22 min Pippa 7
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••