Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
819,661 - 819,680 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
For Real

El Monte, CA

#891743 Apr 23, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with "Negro" again. Racist pig.
I see you can't defend Bush. So you lose, sucker.
Guilty as charged.
As for Obama, has he waged any wars-by-lies? Outed any CIA agents? Raised taxes on anyone except the top 1%? Suffered any 9-11s?
Try NO. What he's doing is wrestling with the mess you supply-side bozos left behind.
You're shooting blanks, junior. That's why you keep losing elections.
cway, that's the way! Very true.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
For Real

United States

#891745 Apr 23, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
First-I am NOT a "Republican". Never have been, never will be. EITHER major party label is just Too lock step, mindless jack-boot licking for me!
Second-Yours aren't the only posts that get the roastings. Look at poor ol duh A veys lol.
oh but you defend the republican party and attack obama in every chance you get, if you don't consider yourself a republican, come out of the party you come from, or are you a coward? Oh i forgot you are.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#891746 Apr 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You must thrive on the apprehensions of the unknown and derisiveness.
His only "accomplishment" was Obamacare. Democrats who wrote it are calling it a "train wreck".
Besides strangling the private sector and job creation, accelerating the drone program resulting in a deeper animosity towards the US, campaigning or on vacation, exactly what else has he done?
I will try and keep an open mind.
Carol, your mind couldn't be opened with a "Jaws of Life". Obamacare isn't his only accomplishment and while it's not perfect, there's no public option, it's certainly not the "train wreck " you describe . Here's some of his other accomplishments;
Passed the Stimulus: Signed $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2009 to spur economic growth amid greatest recession since the Great Depression. Weeks after stimulus went into effect, unemployment claims began to subside. Twelve months later, the private sector began producing more jobs than it was losing, and it has continued to do so for twenty-three straight months, creating a total of nearly 3.7 million new private-sector jobs.
Passed Wall Street Reform: Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession. The new law tightens capital requirements on large banks and other financial institutions, requires derivatives to be sold on clearinghouses and exchanges, mandates that large banks provide “living wills” to avoid chaotic bankruptcies, limits their ability to trade with customers’ money for their own profit, and creates the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (now headed by Richard Cordray) to crack down on abusive lending products and companies.
Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry: In 2009, injected $62 billion in federal money (on top of $13.4 billion in loans from the Bush administration) into ailing GM and Chrysler in return for equity stakes and agreements for massive restructuring. Since bottoming out in 2009, the auto industry has added more than 100,000 jobs. In 2011, the Big Three automakers all gained market share for the first time in two decades. The government expects to lose $16 billion of its investment, less if the price of the GM stock it still owns increases.
Improved America’s Image Abroad: With new policies, diplomacy, and rhetoric, reversed a sharp decline in world opinion toward the U.S.(and the corresponding loss of “soft power”) during the Bush years. From 2008 to 2011, favorable opinion toward the United States rose in ten of fifteen countries surveyed by the Pew Global Attitudes Project, with an average increase of 26 percent.
Kicked Banks Out of Federal Student Loan Program, Expanded Pell Grant Spending: As part of the 2010 health care reform bill, signed measure ending the wasteful decades-old practice of subsidizing banks to provide college loans. Starting July 2010 all students began getting their federal student loans directly from the federal government. Treasury will save $67 billion over ten years,$36 billion of which will go to expanding Pell Grants to lower-income students.
And there's more;
www.washingtonmonthly.com/.../obamas_top_50_a... ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

El Monte, CA

#891747 Apr 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Phag, I must admit you are pretty gamey for a guy who is getting his ass beat up & down these boards.
Oooops; jut remembered you LIKE getting your gay ass beat. Always a simple explanation for everything..:-)
actually the ones getting their azz kicked here are you, dimbulbelectr0n and the rest of the dimwits with nothing on the table to debate with, except for name calling, try again.
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

El Monte, CA

#891748 Apr 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I supported Bush's decision to take down Saddam and was happy the surge finally put an end to the unexpected resistance, I would have loved to know what the UN's "serious consequences" were after the supposed "final" resolution.
first of all carol, you supported a lying sack of shit from bush's part, saddam had "NOTHING" to do with 911, it was a lie created by bush to fool stupid people like you and support him to go to an unesessary war, thanks carol for helping bush convince americans what a failure and a liar he was.
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#891749 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Get a brain idiot.
Kuwait didn't set their own oil wells on fire-and neither did we.
HEY STUPID! Saddam invaded Kuwait in 1990, 13 years before. He no longer had the capability to invade anyone.
You're an idiot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jeff

Bridgewater, MA

#891750 Apr 23, 2013
first of all, Obama being black has nothing to do with it....he's half white, so that should end your mindless debate....secondly, we have a stronger military than the next 13 countries combined (all of which are allies) so if anything can take a cut, it's the military budget, lastly I wish Obama will get all Django Unchained on us all, that;s what we need, a super Liberal, at least that would level the playing field
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#891751 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Saddam the Insane-wonderous Kurd murdering, Kuwaiti invading, oil-pilfering rogue nutcase that lead his own country to FAILED statehood, and utmost INstability in the mid-east.
That's your hero- eh Duhmpont? You must really be loving current conditions in the area now.
"Idiot".
When did I ever say he was my hero imbecile? He was a brutal dictator who at the height of his brutality was being supported by the Reagan administration. Republican administrations have also supported and even put into power despots like the Shah of Iran and Augusto Pinochet.
You're an idiot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

United States

#891753 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Then stop blaming ALL potus's-including Bush, for Sociopathic/evil people's actions, stop hating America, and blame those who actually should be blamed!

Then, elect people that will at least ADMIT that such is REALITY, rather than lie to the public about it-and those willing to actually WORK to reform BAD policies that need reformed!
Instead of biotching and whining and LAME-(no)brainedly blame gaming like flipping ten year olds.
dems didn't blame bush for his failures in saving us from 911, his actions did, what did he do to prevent it when he was warned we were going to be attacked? NADA, ZERO.
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#891754 Apr 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that the French helped us during the American Revolution along with Poles and many others and many other entities loaned us funds. You seem to be lost and locked into a fetal position with your tiny appendage jammed into your mouth, Dood.
HEY STUPID! There's a huge difference between providing financial and logistical aid and the presence of individuals like Lafayette, Kosciusko and Pulaski to train our troops and sending in our armed forces invade a country. The French fleet did blockade the English at Yorktown but they never sent in ground troops in large numbers.
You're an idiot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#891755 Apr 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I supported Bush's decision to take down Saddam and was happy the surge finally put an end to the unexpected resistance, I would have loved to know what the UN's "serious consequences" were after the supposed "final" resolution.
Unexpected resistance Carol? Sure when foreign troops invade your country, destroy your infrastructure, kill and torture your citizens there's not going to be any resistance at all is there?
Are you really that stupid? Yes you are!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

United States

#891756 Apr 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dog peed in your Oatmeal again, hey?
i don't have a dog, but thanks for your concern.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891757 Apr 23, 2013
NRA, gun dealers await new surge of gun sales in wake of Boston shootout

NRA member Timothy Campbell of Dallas, Texas, says he has called Boston and MIT police departments over a dozen times since the murder of an MIT police officer last Thursday, but neither department has been willing to release the exact brands and models of guns used. While many cite fears that guns like the ones used in acts of terrorism or mass murder will be targeted for stricter regulation or even banning by the government, Campbell, an avid gun collector, says he recognizes that the odds that access to such weapons would be restricted are "essentially zero," he still is eager to purchase the guns as soon as the Tsarnaev weapons are identified. "I don't really know why I want to own them so bad," he said during an interview conducted this morning. "I guess it's probably a penis thing."

An executive with a prominent gun manufacturer said that having one of a company's guns used in an incident of mass murder or terrorism can represent a substantial boon to profits. The executive, who wished his identity and the name of his company to remain anonymous, noted that "the more vicious the crime, the bigger the surge in resulting sales is. When one of our guns was used in the murders at Sandy Hook, our dealers couldn't keep them on the shelves afterwards. We had to add another shift, we were selling so many."

A Boston-area Glock dealer who also wished to remain anonymous agreed. "Having one of our guns used in the shooting of an actual congressperson was probably the best advertisement we ever had. The sales were phenomenal afterwards." He says that while the company urged him to tell prospective buyers that the gun could likely face stricter regulation in the wake of the shooting, "It was nonsense, but I found I didn't even have to. Sure, everybody says those things, but the truth is people just want to own a gun that they know has become infamous. It makes them feel dangerous themselves, and that's what we're in the business of selling."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/20/1203...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891758 Apr 23, 2013
NBC: Boston Bombing Suspect Says Brothers Weren't In Touch With Overseas Terrorist Groups

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/bost...

not according to the right wing blogs. they've worked up a whole mythology that only an idiot would buy into.

idiots?(like i even need to ask....)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#891759 Apr 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
NBC: Boston Bombing Suspect Says Brothers Weren't In Touch With Overseas Terrorist Groups
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/bost...
not according to the right wing blogs. they've worked up a whole mythology that only an idiot would buy into.
idiots?(like i even need to ask....)
Leave it to you to believe a terrorist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#891760 Apr 23, 2013
NASA's Kepler discovers its smallest 'habitable zone' planets to date

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891761 Apr 23, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Leave it to you to believe a terrorist.
better i should believe a right wing blog?

sorry, i'm not a right wing idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891762 Apr 23, 2013
The Conservative Paranoid Mind

There’s a common thread linking conservatives’ positions on gun control, immigration, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: the constant need to stoke fear.

Conservatism, I fear (so to speak), can never be cleansed of this need to instill fear. Whether it’s of black people or of street thugs or of immigrants or of terrorists or of jackbooted government agents, it’s how the conservative mind works. I don’t even think it’s always cynical and manipulative; conservatives often do see enemies under every bed. But that doesn’t mean they’re there, and it most definitely doesn’t mean the rest of us ought to make law and policy based on their nightmares.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891763 Apr 23, 2013
What’s the Difference Between McVeigh and Tsarnaev?

The federal government managed to hunt down, arrest, charge, try, convict and execute Timothy McVeigh without junking due process.

When Jared Lee Loughner attempted to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, and shot dead a federal judge and a 9-year-old, grandstanding lawmakers did not demand that he be taken into military custody. Nor did they make that demand when James Holmes was arrested for killing 12 people and wounding 70 others at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater.

But now Senator Lindsey Graham is calling for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to be classified as an enemy combatant and “held and questioned under the law of war,” without a lawyer.

What’s the difference? The Boston Marathon bombings are closer to the colloquial and legal definitions of terrorism than the Aurora shooting, but not the Oklahoma bombing, or the Arizona attack.

The real difference is that Mr. Tsarnaev is a Muslim, and the United States has since the 9/11 terrorist attacks constructed a separate and profoundly unequal system of detention and punishment that essentially applies only to Muslims.

Mr. Graham and others who are demanding that prosecutors treat Mr. Tsarnaev differently from Mr. McVeigh are not even trying very hard to disguise the fact that they’re drawing distinctions based on religion and ethnicity.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/2...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#891764 Apr 23, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotic demorat policies and laws were financially supporting the latest islamofascist America haters. Good work, Doorknob.
"doorknob" as an adecjetive lol.

Duh A Vey....are your screws in yer frame tight enough, or are they hanging out flapping a little thread barren today lol?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min J RULES 68,990
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Brian_G 46,316
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr SLY WEST 7,749
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr SLY WEST 570
Abby 8-29 2 hr pde 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000