Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
819,341 - 819,360 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891352 Apr 22, 2013
American Committee for Peace in Chechnya

Formerly called the American Committee for Peace in Chechnya, the American Committee for Peace in the Caucasus (ACPC) is a project of Freedom House that claims to be "dedicated to monitoring developments in the region and providing expert analysis of their implications for security, stability and the human rights situation."

ACPC was founded in 1999 by Freedom House, a neoconservative organization that has worked closely with the U.S. government, receiving funds from the National Endowment for Democracy and other U.S. democratization initiatives. ACPC updated its name to include the broader region after conflicts erupted between Russia and other Caucasus enclaves such as Ingushetia, Dagestan, Kabardino-Balkaria, Karachay-Cherkessia and North Ossetia.

ACPC's activities include organizing public education programs, developing policy recommendations for lawmakers, and collaborating with activists, journalists, and scholars. It also works closely with a range of nongovernmental policy groups and think tanks, including the neoconservative policy outfit the American Enterprise Institute and the right-wing Jamestown Foundation. The committee distributes a weekly email news service and newsletter entitled News of the Week.
http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Americ...

ACPC supports the Chechen rebel movement, apparently as a strategy to weaken Russia and establish better U.S. ties in a region of increasing geopolitical value, which has vast, unexploited natural resource reserves including rich oil, gas, and hard mineral deposits.

ACPC is perhaps the only U.S.-based organization in which national security militarists and neoconservatives openly support an insurgent movement that is not only nationalist but also largely Islamist.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891353 Apr 22, 2013
Freedom House

As of mid-2011, Freedom House’s executive director was David Kramer, a former assistant secretary of state during the George W. Bush presidency whose experience includes working as a fellow for the Project for the New American Century and the German Marshall Fund. Chair of the board of trustees was William H. Taft IV, a professor at Stanford Law School and deputy secretary of defense in the second Ronald Reagan administration.

Freedom House touts itself as having a "bipartisan character," and to a great extent this is reflected in its board of trustees. However, as of mid-2011, the board included a number of people who have been associated with rightist advocacy endeavors....

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/profil...
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891354 Apr 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rand Paul did just fine at Howard University, thank you very much. Or at least, that’s how he remembers it.
Paul, GOP senator from Kentucky, told the Christian Science Monitor on Wednesday that his recent visit to Howard didn’t go so bad at all. He said any perception to the contrary was created by — all together now — the “left-wing media.”
Knowing what we do about the political right’s capacity for self-deception, we may trust that he’s telling it like it is — or at least, telling it like he believes it to be.
But reality-based Americans know it wasn’t left-wing media that insulted students at the historically black school by acting as if a visit to their campus was like a visit with headhunters.“Some have said that I’m either brave or crazy to be here,” Paul said, somehow resisting the urge to add,“Me come-um in peace.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/20/3354037...
The retardican s are our best campaign resource.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891355 Apr 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq Survey Group head Charles Duelfer said Iraq's nuclear capability had decayed not grown since the 1991 war.
But in a 1,000-page report his group said Saddam Hussein intended to resume production of banned weapons when UN sanctions were lifted.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/371815...
Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and other Democrats all saw the same intelligence back when Clinton was President and George Tenet headed the CIA. They all claimed Iraq had WMD which threatened America. If there really were no WMDs, why were they not held equally accountable for misleading the American people?
http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/07/dont_b...
What did the weapons inspectors say? Why didn't Bush wait for the final report before invading?

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#891356 Apr 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq Survey Group head Charles Duelfer said Iraq's nuclear capability had decayed not grown since the 1991 war.
But in a 1,000-page report his group said Saddam Hussein intended to resume production of banned weapons when UN sanctions were lifted.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/371815...
Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and other Democrats all saw the same intelligence back when Clinton was President and George Tenet headed the CIA. They all claimed Iraq had WMD which threatened America. If there really were no WMDs, why were they not held equally accountable for misleading the American people?
http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/07/dont_b...
The evidence and information needed to apply pressure through the UN or sanctions is not the same as the that required for invasion.

The evidence that smoking is a factor in breast cancer may be enough to lead one to quit smoking but not necessarily enough for smokers to get their breasts removed.. That would require much more proof.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891357 Apr 22, 2013
funding...

National Endowment for Democracy

The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) was created by the Reagan administration in the early 1980s to push democratic reforms and roll back Soviet influence in various parts of the globe. In his 1983 speech inaugurating NED, President Ronald Reagan said: "I just decided that this nation, with its heritage of Yankee traders, ought to do a little selling of the principles of democracy."[1]

The private, congressionally funded NED has been a controversial tool in U.S. foreign policy because of its support of efforts to overthrow foreign governments.

http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Na...

Gettysburg, PA

#891358 Apr 22, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as when you visit IhateAmericadotcom, dweeb.
I'm sorry but I don't visit Mitch McConnell's home page.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891359 Apr 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Chris Nogy, the husband of a Republican Party official in Arkansas, suggested it was a shame that voters couldn't just threaten to shoot GOP state legislators who voted for the state's Medicaid expansion.
In an essay titled "Scathing" in the April edition of the Benton County Republican Party newsletter, Nogy slammed those Republican lawmakers who voted last week to approve Medicaid expansion and argued that the Second Amendment offered one way to handle the situation...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/21/chri...
Thanks tea party, please continue to give us more campaign material!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891360 Apr 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
If you get Netflix or can find it anywhere else, everyone see "Medicine and Money"!!
It proves beyond any doubt that it is the HIGH COSTS of health care that is the problem. Most costs are ABSOLUTELY NOT NECESSARY. The costs are not producing outcomes and results equivalent to those costs.
Obamacare is NOT the solution to the health care problem. It is the health care system itself.
The GOP was right. LOWER THE COSTS of health care!!!
Lol
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891362 Apr 22, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks tea party, please continue to give us more campaign material!
they're in a mood this morning...

....I am deeply, deeply disturbed by the games being played by pro-immigration advocates on the right, including staff in Senator Marco Rubio’s office, Grover Norquist, and others.

They are attacking other conservatives who disagree with them as racists, slavery supporters, bigots, haters, baby killers, un-Christian, etc. They are waging a coordinated attack between Senator Rubio’s office and others against conservative stalwarts like the Heritage Foundation and Jim DeMint.

They are proposing a plan that thus far appears to be unworkable, is wholly too complicated, and is a distraction from issues that we could all agree on in the name of getting a plan acceptable to Democrats. In the process, their attacks on conservatives designed to intimidate, browbeat, and silence them opens old wounds and does exactly what the Democrats hoped to do — divide the right and play directly to the fears of Hispanic voters who have for so long seen political leaders of both parties demagogue the issue.

Many of the people who want an immigration solution frankly could care less about hispanic voters. They see this as an issue the GOP has to get right on and they will do whatever it takes to get right on the issue. They are playing political games. Seeing self-styled conservatives and libertarians trying to pass any legislation that is labeled “comprehensive” should always be a red flag.

I have seen friends paint others as racists, as sympathizers to abortion advocates, and as haters all to try to steam roll through their preferred policy solution. I have seen good conservative organizations attacked and lumped in with fringe groups. I have seen mainstream groups characterized as fringe. I have seen people whore their faith in the name of immigration reform.

I have seen shameful things. What will be the cost paid in these attacks? These are not liberals attacking, but other members of the center-right. They now claim that maybe Boston would not have happened had this bill been passed or, at worst, at least with this bill millions of new immigrations coming into the country will be known instead of unknown. I’m sure the dead eight year old and his family will be consoled by that.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/04/22/i-have-see...
TheIendependentM ajority

Hazard, KY

#891363 Apr 22, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>

Now go put your head back in the vice.
He can't pull it out of his jackboot-licking, sticky melted cwayon, rose colored-gwasses hemmorrhoid afflicted arse long enougn to do that lol.
TheIendependentM ajority

Hazard, KY

#891364 Apr 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get your information about Muslims from "Ihatemuslimsdotcom, what do you expect.
I loathe terrorists and terrorism.
I don't care WHAT race, creed or color they are.

Want to hate America? LEAVE.

Want to brutally and barbarically maim and murder innocent people based on the tenets of any sociopathic extremist agenda?
A. Die
B. Rot in Gitmo
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891365 Apr 22, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
The bombing has EVERYTHING to do with immigration reform.
At the least, the older brother should have been denied re-entry to the US after his 6-month training mission in Dagestan.
I tend to agree with this
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891366 Apr 22, 2013
TheIendependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't pull it out of his jackboot-licking, sticky melted cwayon, rose colored-gwasses hemmorrhoid afflicted arse long enougn to do that lol.
You would be great at writing retardican campaign slogans, you're a natural

Gettysburg, PA

#891367 Apr 22, 2013
TheIendependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I loathe terrorists and terrorism.
I don't care WHAT race, creed or color they are.
Want to hate America? LEAVE.
Want to brutally and barbarically maim and murder innocent people based on the tenets of any sociopathic extremist agenda?
A. Die
B. Rot in Gitmo
We all hate terrorists.

Your problem is that you call all Muslims terrorists.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891368 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I tend to agree with this
problem is...training mission?

Parents Of Boston Suspect Describe His Russia Trip

The parents of Tamerlan Tsarnaev insisted Sunday that he came to Dagestan and Chechnya last year to visit relatives and had nothing to do with the militants operating in the volatile part of Russia, with his father saying he slept a lot of the time.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/parents-of-...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#891370 Apr 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but I don't visit Mitch McConnell's home page.
Why not Davey? You keep quoting him. Dumber than a box of rocks Democrat, such is life.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891373 Apr 22, 2013
the LOL of the day....

George W. Bush:‘There’s No Need To Defend Myself’

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...

good luck with that one carol.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#891374 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You would be great at writing retardican campaign slogans, you're a natural
You should know; you do them for the demotards.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#891375 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Lol
PBS Broadcasting: "Money and Medicine".

http://www.pbs.org/programs/money-medicine/

Just be prepared to change your perspectives about the health care problem...the REAL problem...not Obama's idea of a big government solution.

(You might want to remove your blinders first and take out your ear plugs...feel free to keep your hands over your eyes if the volume is turned up.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 1 hr lucy 2
chief keef 1 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 3 hr bing 9662 51
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE