Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891397 Apr 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
PBS Broadcasting: "Money and Medicine".
http://www.pbs.org/programs/money-medicine/
Just be prepared to change your perspectives about the health care problem...the REAL problem...not Obama's idea of a big government solution.
(You might want to remove your blinders first and take out your ear plugs...feel free to keep your hands over your eyes if the volume is turned up.)
Eliminating the middle man, insurance companies, will bring costs down. The government will set the costs of procedures which will be uniform; they can also negotiate the price of medications on behalf of American citizens. This is how it is done in Canada,
single payer healthcare paid through taxation and not attached to employment.

This is from your article; it appears that you are having a reading comprehension problem:

"The trillion-dollar question is how can we reduce unnecessary medical spending so that we can afford to provide affordable, high quality health care to all Americans? A number of recent studies estimate that a third of all health care expenditures are unnecessary and that eliminating wasteful spending would save over 800 billion dollars a year. Since every dollar of so-called unnecessary spending is a dollar of income to a health care provider, reigning in health care spending is much more easily said than done."

You claim that the GOP has a plan to reduce costs; oh really? Like what? The AHCA is far from perfect, but it is a beginning to the birth of universal single payer healthcare; it's inevitable.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891398 Apr 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to add his next sentence. "There's no need to defend myself...I did what I did and ultimately history will judge."
He's absolutely right. Most people were wrong about the necessity of the Korean War in the immediate aftermath.
South Koreans and history judge it very differently today.
President Truman (D) was sinking in the polls then too.
but don't you find this a bit disturbing?

The Iraq War, the 2007 troop surge there, the 2008 financial meltdown and the response to Katrina in 2005 are featured in an interactive exhibit called "decision points theater" where visitors can assess "the decisions that I had to make and the recommendations I received," he says.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...

it's like...'It might not be my fault that I screwed up. You decide.'

as i said....LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891399 Apr 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
trigger?
so why was the Bush admin talking about invading Iraq the day after Bush was inaugurated?
trigger? oil.
It seems that plan backfired, who got the oil?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#891400 Apr 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, we invaded because of "perceived requirements"?
perceived???
Shouldn't we know for sure???? Shouldn't we have found any bit of nuclear activity?
Oh lookie - it's Johnny one subject Dumb Dave blathering about Iraq, the war we won, yet again.

Like whoa man, far out man. WMD's man.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891401 Apr 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they are his parents. They're not capable of being objective.
Parents still love and protect their children even if they are killers.
I think the father should be detained if he comes here.
well, as long as we're already ignoring the Constitution in relation to....then yes, detain him.

i'm siding with the libertarians on this one.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#891402 Apr 22, 2013
Iraq Survey Group Final Report:

"Saddam’s initial approach under sanctions was driven by his perceived requirements for WMD and his confidence in Iraq’s ability to ride out inspections without fully cooperating."

"Iraq engaged in denial and deception activities to safeguard national security and Saddam’s position in the Regime. These surveillance activities and the suspect vehicle movements in and around sensitive sites made it difficult for Western intelligence services to distinguish innoculous security-related measures from WMD concealment activities which added to the suspicion of Iraqi actions."

"Senior military officers and former Regime officials were uncertain about the existence of WMD during the sanctions period and the lead up to Operation Iraqi Freedom because Saddam sent mixed messages. Early on, Saddam sought to foster the impression with his generals that Iraq could resist a Coalition ground attack using WMD. Then, in a series of meetings in late 2002, Saddam appears to have reversed course and advised various groups of senior officers and officials that Iraq in fact did not have WMD. His admissions persuaded top commanders that they really would have to fight the United States without recourse to WMD. In March 2003, Saddam created further confusion when he implied to his ministers and senior officers that he had some kind of secret weapon."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/rep...

He was sending mixed messages to the entire world, not just his generals.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#891403 Apr 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the Christians
http://www.google.com/imgres...
no. Its crazy people who call themselves christians.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#891404 Apr 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Dumbass FloriDUH thinks 9-11 had anything to do with Iraq.
Hey… Pee Brain what trigger the Iraq invasion?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#891405 Apr 22, 2013
IT'S FUNNY WE BLAME MUSLIM TERRORISTS WHEN MOST OF THE WESTERN LEADERS HAVE BEEN STUDYING ISLAM AND CONVERTING SLOWLY AS TONY BLAIRS WIFE AND MANY MORE wake up people ISLAM THE WORLDS LARGEST RELIGION IN A FEW MORE YEARS IN THE WEST CHRISTIANS WILL BE THE FACE OF TERRORIZM the world is being transformed before our eyes
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#891406 Apr 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Dumbass FloriDUH thinks 9-11 had anything to do with Iraq.
Clinton had a chance to take out Bin Laden, but you week DemocRATS sat like a deer in headlights, your M.O.

You leftards always ignore the 1993 trade towers bombing.

The only Dumbass here is you, nitwit. Go smoke another joint, spaceshot freak.

We just had our first terrorism event that was successful and killed/maimed people and Obama/Your Giberment was warned a year ago. You have brass kahonas, lowlife. If I were you, I'd STFU as your moron had this occur on "his" watch, douchebag.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#891407 Apr 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Iraq Survey Group put out a 1,000 page report saying Saddam Hussein intended to resume production of banned weapons when UN sanctions were lifted.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/371815...
Isn't that all we - and you - need to know?
You might actually be a dumber bitch than Fenny Bate and Eediot. Can you not comprehend this section from your source: ""The ISG has not found evidence that Saddam possessed WMD stocks in 2003, but [there is] the possibility that some weapons existed in Iraq, although not of a militarily significant capability."

"There is an extensive, yet fragmentary and circumstantial body of evidence suggesting that Saddam pursued a strategy to maintain a capability to return to WMD after sanctions were lifted... "

"The problem of discerning WMD in Iraq is highlighted by the pre-war misapprehensions of weapons which were not there. Distant technical analysts mistakenly identified evidence and drew incorrect conclusions."

Orlando, FL

#891408 Apr 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
but don't you find this a bit disturbing?
The Iraq War, the 2007 troop surge there, the 2008 financial meltdown and the response to Katrina in 2005 are featured in an interactive exhibit called "decision points theater" where visitors can assess "the decisions that I had to make and the recommendations I received," he says.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
it's like...'It might not be my fault that I screwed up. You decide.'
as i said....LOL
That's the case for any president.

Decisions are made based on the information received.

The debacle after Katrina was directly linked to the mayor not evacuating the citizens when hoards of school buses were sitting on standby UNUSED as well as the Governor refusing to give the federal government permission to send in ARMED national guardsman until the liberal media made sure Bush was blamed first.

Bush was not going to send in the National Guard UNARMED and Governors are, BY LAW, required to give any president permission.

Everyone knew Saddam was a threat. Only Democrats became weasels for political gain when the tides turned.

The surge was the best decision Bush made. Even Obama was forced to admit that.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#891409 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text>
probably lily boca, who gets well oiled, especially during Happy Hour

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#891410 Apr 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, Mighty Dumb Builder, is that you said nothing while Reagan & Bush gave Egypt piles of money & built up that military that they now control. It goes to your hypocrisy & immense dumbassedness.
Mubarak was a friend, regardless of how Obama felt about him. Radical Muslims orchestrated the Arab Spring, Obama, "the most informed president on earth" knew this. He helped facilitate Mubarak's overthrow, thus choosing a radical Islamist over a moderate friend. He was also briefed on Morsi's political history and knew everything about his leadership role in the Muslim Brotherhood. Morsi even tried to usurp dictatorial powers that would have given him Mubarak-like control, the same control Obama railed against. It was Morsi's fellow brotherhood pals who talked him back, Obama was conspicuously, silent. The players, circumstances and obligations, in Egypt, have changed and Obama helped change them. A prudent American president would NEVER have assisted an avowed enemy of America and Israel (most likely, that's why Obama did it).

LOL...I can't say I'm surprised you prevaricated Obama's responsibility with the standard, childish, Bush/Regan line - again.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#891411 Apr 22, 2013
THE ELITE HAS ALWAYS CHANGED IDEOLOGY AND RELIGION IN ORDER TO KEEP POWER and CONTROL THE PEOPLE THEY WILL be THE FIRST TO CALL YOU NON BELIEVERS and send you to the GALLOWS as they did in GERMANY so if you THINK OBAMA IS YOUR SAVIOUR HE ALREADY TOLD YOU HE IS NO PRESIDENT OF BLACKS HE IS THE PRESIDENT FOR THE POWERFUL NOT YOU YOU ARE NOT JAY Z, MAGIC JOHNSON NO YOU ARE JUST BLACK NOT IMPORTANT TO THE POWER ELITE DO YOU REALLY THINK MAGIC JOHNSON WANTS TO PAY FOR YOUR HEALTH CARE lololololololol

Orlando, FL

#891412 Apr 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people were wrong about the necessity of the Korean War in the immediate aftermath.
South Koreans and history judge it very differently today.
President Truman (D) was sinking in the polls then too.
Fortunately for Truman, he didn't have an Obama undoing everything that was accomplished in the Korean War.

Orlando, FL

#891413 Apr 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, we invaded because of "perceived requirements"?
perceived???
Shouldn't we know for sure???? Shouldn't we have found any bit of nuclear activity?
You should probably read the entire report before focusing on just one word.

I understand connecting the dots is very difficult for most liberals but I know you can do it.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#891414 Apr 22, 2013
Oh lookie - the vile lazy beast devoid of a shred of common sense calling someone else dumb!

Priceless!!!!

Baawwaaahhhh!!!!!
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You might actually be a dumber bitch than Fenny Bate and Eediot. Can you not comprehend this section from your source: ""The ISG has not found evidence that Saddam possessed WMD stocks in 2003, but [there is] the possibility that some weapons existed in Iraq, although not of a militarily significant capability."
"There is an extensive, yet fragmentary and circumstantial body of evidence suggesting that Saddam pursued a strategy to maintain a capability to return to WMD after sanctions were lifted... "
"The problem of discerning WMD in Iraq is highlighted by the pre-war misapprehensions of weapons which were not there. Distant technical analysts mistakenly identified evidence and drew incorrect conclusions."
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891415 Apr 22, 2013
<quoted text>
[chuckle]

Orlando, FL

#891416 Apr 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You might actually be a dumber bitch than Fenny Bate and Eediot. Can you not comprehend this section from your source: ""The ISG has not found evidence that Saddam possessed WMD stocks in 2003, but [there is] the possibility that some weapons existed in Iraq, although not of a militarily significant capability."
I have provided the entirety of the Iraq Survey Group's Final Report.

Like RealDave, perhaps you should read it too.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/rep...

UN Inspectors confirmed and agreed Saddam would resume his WMD program as soon as the world wasn't watching.

If you think he was just going to play nice if the UN gave up on their ongoing and neverending resolutions, you're cuckoo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Deputy Dog 98,857
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Earthling-1 49,243
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min JOEL 71,130
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 32 min Le Jimbo 20
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Jacques Ottawa 181,892
Abby 12-22 59 min cheluzal 3
Amy 12-22 1 hr cheluzal 8
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:31 pm PST

Bleacher Report11:31PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?
NBC Sports 8:09 AM
Marc Trestman: We'll talk about whether Jimmy Clausen starts again
NFL 8:57 AM
Dominic Raiola says Ferguson stomp was unintentional