Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#890769 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime may answer, but I'd like a piece of you on this.
How do you know Hussein had WMDs which were secretly disposed of before Bush launched his war?
Did your GOP crystal ball tell you this? So many of you Repugnants have crystal balls upon which to divine the future.
Sorry, hon, but this is sheer speculation on your part.
The Iraqi gas attacks on the Kurds are irrelevant to the issue of their obligation to disarm which was several years later. No evidence has surfaced that Iraq was in possession of such weaponry at the time Bush made his case for war.
This is how I know. And most of the rest of the world who aren't in the throes of denial.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

Or if you prefer reading about it...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/new...
Voluntarist

United States

#890770 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd pour water up your nose in a heartbeat if I thought you might have information leading to more mass destruction. Especially if you were already responsible.
Do yourself a favor and wise up...and get some perspective while you're at it.
Why dont you give it a try? man up like mancow;
Keith Olbermann interviewed conservative radio host Erich
"Mancow" Muller tonigh about his experience being
waterboarded. Mancow said he agreed to be interviewed
because Olbermann is a "stand up guy" for agreeing to donate
$10,000 to a charity benefiting veterans (an offer previously
extended to Sean Hannity ) after Mancow was waterboarded.
Mancow reaffirmed that the practice was indeed torture and
said that his "psychological state" going into the experiment
was that he was "laughing at it. I was willing to prove, and
ready to prove, that this was a joke, and I was wrong. It was
horrific. It was instantaneous. And look, I felt the effects for
two days."
Mancow also revealed that his friend Sean Hannity "called me
and said 'it's still not torture.'"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/26/olbe...
Voluntarist

United States

#890771 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to ask Obama that question.
The Iraq War has ended.
Its a yes or no question
JusttheFacts

Russellville, KY

#890772 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with terror plots being intercepted that might kill another 3000 - or more - people the next time.
Why on God's green earth would you???
It's the one thing Obama and the Democrats got right. Extending the Patriot Act.
The one thing? What about the pirates that were hijacking American ships. They don't do that anymore since Obama called for the Seals to do head shots. You forgotten already Laden is dead because Obama said to go in?
Hussein did not do anything more wrong to the Iraq's or the Kurds than the founders of America did.
Killed most of the original inhabitants and then brought in slaves. Who's side would America be on if that was occurring today in another country?

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#890773 Apr 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Here We Go! Fox Starts Blaming Obama For Boston Bombings
http://www.newshounds.us/here_we_go_fox_start...
so get to it FOXbots!
oh. i see you already are. the FOX propaganda machine works very quickly. but just try to not act like your viewpoint is your own. it's bad enough that you're a FOXbot, but no point in making it so easy for the rest of us to point out your lack of an original thought.
Please. Stop. In the same article...

In his State of the Union address to the American people earlier this year, Barack Obama declared that he was "confident" of achieving "our objective of defeating the core of al-Qaeda".

Although he acknowledged the need to pursue the "remnants" of the terrorist group and its affiliates, the overall message was clear – al-Qaeda was badly degraded, the tides of war were receding and the US was winning this fight that was no longer even officially a war.

...So, in fact, he DID lead America into a sense of false confidence.
Voluntarist

United States

#890774 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with terror plots being intercepted that might kill another 3000 - or more - people the next time.
It's the one thing Obama and the Democrats got right. Extending the Patriot Act.
Do you know that you have a much much better chance getting killed by a doctor or even your own illegitimate government tha. a rogue terrorist?

Only a fool gives up liberty for security and deserves neither.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#890775 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to get some people to at least rethink what caused us to become so initially divided.
But you apparently, like Obama, thrive on it.
so you quit watching FOX?

because dividing is their main agenda, and we see how you're 'thriving' on fictional journalism.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#890776 Apr 20, 2013
TSM wrote:
Can any Liberal explain why the President thanked Putin for help in Boston?
Moscow. Russia and the United States agreed Saturday to step up cooperation in their fight against terror in the wake of news that two ethnic Chechens were suspected of organizing the deadly Boston Marathon bombings.

The Kremlin said Russian leader Vladimir Putin called US President Barack Obama to once again express his condolences and discuss ways the two sides can work more closely on security in the runup to the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#890777 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to get some people to at least rethink what caused us to become so initially divided.
But you apparently, like Obama, thrive on it.
Look inward babe.
Voluntarist

United States

#890778 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand why due process is important and without it there is NOTHING that you can do when even an.american is arbitrarely determined an enemy combatant?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#890779 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to ask Obama that question.
The Iraq War has ended.
it ended?

A bombing at a coffee shop in Baghdad has killed at least 27 people, police and medical officials say. The blast is the latest manifestation of a spike in violence ahead of Iraqi elections.

The blast, which was also said to have injured more than 50 people, occurred at 10 p.m. local time in a mostly Sunni Amriyah neighborhood of western Baghdad. Police said the bomber set off his explosive belt inside the packed café.

Officials said at least three children were among the dead. While there was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, al Qaeda militants are among the suspects after stepping up their campaign of violence in an apparent bid to stoke ethnic tensions between the Sunni and Shiite communities.

http://www.dw.de/iraq-coffee-shop-bomb-kills-...

it seems that what We started hasn't yet stopped.

so how many innocents have died now because we needed more oil?
Voluntarist

United States

#890780 Apr 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you quit watching FOX?
because dividing is their main agenda, and we see how you're 'thriving' on fictional journalism.
As if cnn was not involved in military propaganda?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#890781 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
In his State of the Union address to the American people earlier this year, Barack Obama declared that he was "confident" of achieving "our objective of defeating the core of al-Qaeda".
Although he acknowledged the need to pursue the "remnants" of the terrorist group and its affiliates, the overall message was clear – al-Qaeda was badly degraded, the tides of war were receding and the US was winning this fight that was no longer even officially a war.
And you are connecting the dots of al-Qaeda to two Russian bombers?
Wack-O.
Cway

United States

#890782 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my heavens. Say no more. I'm forcing myself not to go running into the streets screaming in total disbelief that you posted that.
Really. Say no more. Please.
Hon, you need a reality check if you think the CIA is credible.

Like the time they reported ousted Haitian President Aristide was mentally unbalanced. It was their way of supporting the military coup which overthrew him.

Clinton eventually found out the report was hogwash and Aristide was placed back in power.

The CIA lied us into Vietnam. They overthrew the democratic regime of Iran in 1953 and installed a dictatorship. That blew up in our faces 26 years later when the Shah was overthrown. Now they are understandably hostile.

Go read a book. Or better yet, go run outside screaming your head off as your post indicates you want to. I'm sure it won't be the first time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#890783 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean the group that didn't exist until we started a fake war?

and is FOX is blaming Boston on al-Qaeda? is anyone?

i know it's a big bummer for FOXbots that a couple of brown folks aren't responsible for Boston, but i'm sure FOX will invent some stuff that will make you feel better about not being able to show your bigotry.
Voluntarist

United States

#890784 Apr 20, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Moscow. Russia and the United States agreed Saturday to step up cooperation in their fight against terror in the wake of news that two ethnic Chechens were suspected of organizing the deadly Boston Marathon bombings.
The Kremlin said Russian leader Vladimir Putin called US President Barack Obama to once again express his condolences and discuss ways the two sides can work more closely on security in the runup to the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi.
Maybe the government should stop bombing themselves.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#890785 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
As if cnn was not involved in military propaganda?
just like the Weekly Standard? NRO? Heritage? and on and on with most every right wing site i can name?
Cway

United States

#890786 Apr 20, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I can guarantee that (slapping) would NEVER happen, fatboy....:-)
A guarantee that expires once I grab you.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#890787 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that you have a much much better chance getting killed by a doctor or even your own illegitimate government tha. a rogue terrorist?
Only a fool gives up liberty for security and deserves neither.
Nobama in the house?
Voluntarist

United States

#890788 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon, you need a reality check if you think the CIA is credible.
Like the time they reported ousted Haitian President Aristide was mentally unbalanced. It was their way of supporting the military coup which overthrew him.
Clinton eventually found out the report was hogwash and Aristide was placed back in power.
The CIA lied us into Vietnam. They overthrew the democratic regime of Iran in 1953 and installed a dictatorship. That blew up in our faces 26 years later when the Shah was overthrown. Now they are understandably hostile.
Go read a book. Or better yet, go run outside screaming your head off as your post indicates you want to. I'm sure it won't be the first time.
And the fbi covered up the okc bombing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Learn to Read 180,702
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Who 48,459
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr RACE 696
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 98,671
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 68,770
nazi fascist star folks knashing their teeth 7 hr MomFascistsHere 10
Barry knew Goober before he did'nt know Goober 7 hr Rowdy Yates 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago