Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263841 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#891017 Apr 20, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Strange most other nations around the world don't spend 20% of all their income on war and seem to be quite free. Never hear about Canada always ready to go to war.
Did you ever stop and wonder why? Do you not understand what would happen if we pulled out? Do you not realize that we would have to ship everything back over there in under 10 years because those people hate each other and without us around they would go back to killing just like the last two times!!! FRIGGIN' LIBTARDS ARE SO STUPID!!!!!
Cway

United States

#891018 Apr 20, 2013
Right is Right wrote:
<quoted text>Watch out. Solar fueled airplanes are next.
Followed by solar powered brains for people like you.
Cway

United States

#891019 Apr 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
over ten years before Bush invaded. Little stupid to use that as an excuse in 2003
They do seem choronologically challenged on the fact that the gas attacks on the Kurds preceded the surrender terms of the First Gulf War.

Or else they're employing weasel logic to make their point.

Repugs, take your pick.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#891020 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Followed by solar powered brains for people like you.
Solar powered planes are undergoing test flights as we speak in California. They have already been successfully tested in Europe.
Cway

United States

#891021 Apr 20, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, what did I tell your retarded azz about posting on my thread?? Dont make me horsewhip you in the town square...
You do an excellent job horsewhipping yourself without any help from me whatsoever.

All I have to do is sit back and enjoy it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#891022 Apr 20, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Au Contraire--
terrorism, the threat or use of violence, often against the civilian population, to achieve political or social ends, to intimidate opponents, or to publicize grievances. The term dates from the Reign of Terror(1793–94) in the French Revolution but has taken on additional meaning in the 20th cent. Terrorism involves activities such as assassinations, bombings, random killings, and hijackings. Used for ***political***, not military, purposes, and most typically by groups too weak to mount open assaults, it is a modern tool of the alienated, and its psychological impact on the public has increased because of extensive coverage by the media. Political terrorism also may be part of a government campaign to eliminate the opposition, as under Hitler
Mussolini, Stalin and others, or may be part of a revolutionary effort to overthrow a regime.
Terrorist attacks also are now a common tactic in guerrilla warfare.
Governments find attacks by terrorist groups difficult to prevent; international agreements to tighten borders or return terrorists for trial may offer some deterrence.(freedictionary)
Official United States Government Definition of Terrorism
"[An] act of terrorism, means any activity that (A) involves a violent act or an act dangerous to human life that is a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State; and (B) appears to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping."
(United States Code Congressional and Administrative News, 98th Congress, Second Session, 1984, Oct. 19, volume 2; par. 3077, 98 STAT. 2707 [West Publishing Co., 1984])
----------
The young man is a US citizen. No need to deport for trial anywhere else.
Guilty.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-marathon-bomb...
Well, gee wiz, perfessor. You just made your mud a little more clear. Now it REALLY looks like mud. Thanks for that.

You originally used the term Political Terrorism. Now you jump all the way back to the French Revolution and call Terrorism something

* Used for ***political***, not military, purposes.

* Terrorist attacks also are now a common tactic in guerrilla warfare.

Huh?

And now you declare that the young man need not be deported for trial anywhere else. Who said that he should be deported for trial? Deported to where?

You're not making any sense here, Dood.

Stay away from kids and young adults. Please.
Cway

United States

#891023 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been reading recent pieces blasting Liberal historians for dumping on Bush(and, to a lesser extent, Reagan and Margaret Thatcher) without their first reading through archives, declassified documents or yet-to-be declassified documents, pouring through interviews or actually interviewing past members of that administration, etc., etc., etc....
Historians(READ: Academia)(READ: Liberal) are no longer neutral, uninterested parties documenting the passing scene but are instead full-fledged Progressive Operatives.
He who controls history controls the future.
The Boy Messiah has legions of liars throughout academia and the media sworn to his evil movement. It is no big surprise when we see such widespread, incredible, disingenuous tripe filling the airways, internet media and social networks.
It is the age of Liberal disinformation gone wild.
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Now show us the WMDs, Mr. Truth.
Cway

United States

#891024 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Cway kneels when he kisses her butt.
And you can play frogman in my spit.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#891025 Apr 20, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> This talk of a record by Obama is totally false. Now be a good boy & post Bush's record accomplishments. Make sure to mention 7 embassies (not consulates), EMBASSIES attacked, 10s of dozens of people killed. Hundreds of thousands more killed in the 2 bullshit wars (bothBush's fault). Hurricane Katrina debacle, biggest recession since the great depression, lying to the American people to push his agenda ect...
NJ raider 1….Let’s stay Focus, but I’ll participate in the Liberal blame game!! Using Liberal Logic if Clinton had taken out’ Osama’ neither 9/11or the Iraq war would have Happen!! What was the Trigger that led to the Iraq War’’9/11’…. it’s Clinton Fault!!
Cway

United States

#891026 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
God keeps a special place prepared for hypocrites like the Boy Messiah.
Then I wonder what's waiting for people like Bush who wage war-by-lies and order the torture of prisoners?

And people like you who enable them.

Hmmm, suddenly the hereafter not an attractive prospect, Shiny?

Lapeer, MI

#891027 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The Rolling Stones and The Who were also at the 9/11 fundraiser concert where David Bowie sang his heartfelt rendition of "America".
So sissy music to you is musicians honoring the dead and the heroes of 9/11?
Like I said...you're just too far beyond help.
Cway and his ilk are what you might call Cultural Terrorists.

A lot of brainless browbeating , innuendo and unsubstantiated smarmy partisan banter that is meant to actually look like a 'political discussion'.

I heard he also flicks boogers at Conservatives in Starbucks.
Mamba snake

United States

#891028 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Snakes can't stand up.
Get between me and my burrow and you'll find out otherwise, GOP rat boy.

Ssss

Lapeer, MI

#891029 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Carol rubbed her crystal ball and now knows the thoughts of every Israeli and South Korean on the planet.
As for killing innocent people "being worth it", I guess it's okay as long as cheerleaders like you are safe on the sideline.
<quoted text>
The right, with its CIA overthrow of democracies around the world, its wars of criminal aggression like Iran-Contra and 2003 Iraq, along with drone strikes, have made us unnecessary enemies.
Ah, Cway rubbed his crystal ball and now knows the thoughts of every Iraqi, Kurd and Kuwaiti on the planet and they all hate George Bush, right?

The mighty Liberal throne you sit on has a toilet seat on it.

Use it.

Lapeer, MI

#891031 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, you are too disconnected from reality for anyone to take seriously.
....and that's why you keep returning with vague, evasive rhetoric and insults.

Got it:]
Mamba snake

United States

#891032 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee. Didn't Obama's namesake(Hussein) attack Kuwait unprovoked? Didn't he kill a million of his own citizens unprovoked? Didn't he attack Iran unprovoked?
You think perhaps that you are very skilled in the propaganda technique of lying by way of selective avoidance of history but you fall flat on your face - both of them, Janus.
First, try not to confuse your wars, Sonny. Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in 1990 was not a cause for war by GW Bush in 2003.

Shining Electron: Uh... Uh... Uh...

Well, if you think Hussein killing his own people was justification for launching a war on him in 2003, then why didn't Bush bring that issue before Congress and the American people?

Instead, he conjured up a pack of WMD lies, didn't he?

Shiny Electron: Uh... Uh... Uh...

As for Iraq's attack on Iran, I recall the Reagan administration backed Hussein and sent him bio-chemical weapons.

Shiny Electron: Uh... Uh... Uh...

And aren't you a horse's arse for trying to use Iraq's attack on Iran in 1979 as justification for Bush's declaration of war in 2003? The two events are separated by nearly a generation.

Okay, pressing on, there's this swelling compassion you seem to have with regard to the murdered victims of political tyranny.

So, where was all this compassion by you hypocrites when thousands were being tortured and executed in the Reagan-GHW Bush supported regimes of Chile, Argentina, El Salvador, Brazil and Honduras?

And you have no problem with our CIA and miitary using all sorts of torture on people who mostly turn out innocent, correct?

You see, Shiny, I don't have to exert myself much to horsewhip you in public. Like Fenrig, all that's necessary is to let you open your mouth and the truth takes care of it for me.
Cway

United States

#891033 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime and Cway would fold themselves up into WELCOME Mats and cover dog piles so the Boy Messiah could walk by undsoiled.
Not necessary since we have you to throw down instead.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#891034 Apr 20, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
NJ raider 1….Let’s stay Focus, but I’ll participate in the Liberal blame game!! Using Liberal Logic if Clinton had taken out’ Osama’ neither 9/11or the Iraq war would have Happen!! What was the Trigger that led to the Iraq War’’9/11’…. it’s Clinton Fault!!
You call it liberal logic, I call it non logic. Clinton did his job. He left his predecessor basically with the blueprint of the foreign policy at that time. Using conservative logic, Clinton should've flown off half cocked like Bush did in Iraq except it would've been Afghanistan. 2nd if the Bush's wouldn't have been doing business with the Bin Laden's, America wouldn't have got caught in the middle. Clinton gave Bush everything he needed to not allow 9/11 to happen. Basically you're saying you wanted Clinton to be the president of the president, but talk wanted him out when he was president. What since does that make?
Cway

United States

#891035 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Cway rubbed his crystal ball and now knows the thoughts of every Iraqi, Kurd and Kuwaiti on the planet and they all hate George Bush, right?
Whoa, hold on there, rat boy.

You GOP mental midgets constantly pretend you can read minds and tell the future. I see it in your posts all the time.

So don't lay that BS on our doorstep.

Crystal ball prognostication is your self-proclaimed GOP trait. So live with it, Astro. Try not to hoist on others the kooky behaviour your side is guilty of.

Court is adjourned.
Cway

United States

#891036 Apr 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
....and that's why you keep returning with vague, evasive rhetoric and insults.
Got it:]
No, rat boy.

It's you and Carol who respond with mostly insults, evasion and rhetoric.

Say hello to Fenris, your other alter ego sock puppet.
Onlooker

Hazard, KY

#891037 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>

I am busted, broken and dead in this debate.
Yeah , you are. Too ignorant to even comprehend that FACT no doubt as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min woodtick57 194,622
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Jane Dahlinger 100,285
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min jimi-yank 54,327
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 70,147
Truly evil folks 3 hr Concern Citizen 5
News Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision (Jul '14) 4 hr MyNameIsToby 75
Chicago One Direction concert on the 23rd! 6 hr Tristascottcom 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages