Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233380 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Cgay

Pompano Beach, FL

#890887 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the CIA lied us into Vietnam, not Iraq, Waxbrain.
Learn to read.
The Thee-I-A ?

Judged:

12

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#890888 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So americans should give up all of their liberty for security and leave their lives in the hands of incompetent government?
There were bomb sniffing dogs at the finish line, did the government protect anyone that day?
The leftwing Obama mindset is that civilian use of military vehicles, SWAT teams, dog patrols, police overtime, and all the rest of that crap is a substitute for intelligence.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#890889 Apr 20, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
The rich get richer because they are smarter and work harder.
Envy sucks.
They will never understand that. It is all a big conspiracy to keep them poor. Never mind the fact that it helps no one for there to be poor people. Unfortunately you have more and more people who think they are entitled to more and more stuff just simply because they exist. They think if they work 40 hours a week they are entitled to health insurance, a nice car, a big house, retirement funds, and a two week vacation every year. It is all BS.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cgay

Pompano Beach, FL

#890890 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Bravo, Carol.
Now who was president on September 11, 2001? You know, the guy Tenet warned about an impending attack six weeks in advance.
Begins with a B... ends with an H.
You may recall before 9-11 we didn't have all the airport baloney which followed.
Barack Obamah

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#890891 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Bravo, Carol.
Now who was president on September 11, 2001? You know, the guy Tenet warned about an impending attack six weeks in advance.
Begins with a B... ends with an H.
You may recall before 9-11 we didn't have all the airport baloney which followed.
Don't think anyone minded their bags being checked at the airport and walking through a metal detector post 9/11.

It was in 2010 that the Democrat-controlled Congress overreacted after they fumbled the underwear bomber incident and began the intrusive inspections.

Look up the definition of perspective. Maybe it will help.
Cway

United States

#890892 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
In the words of the late Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, "Liberals want the poor to be poorer provided the rich are less rich."
Don't think anyone could have said it any more succinctly.
Hi flack.
An idiotic statement which flies in the face of the facts. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time a smug-faced conservative lied their azz off to take a cheap shot at the left.

Judged:

12

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#890893 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So americans should give up all of their liberty for security and leave their lives in the hands of incompetent government?
There were bomb sniffing dogs at the finish line, did the government protect anyone that day?
The most pathetic thing yesterday was when the wimp Governor of Massachusetts "ordered" the citizens of Boston to hide in their closets like frightened school children instead of standing on their feet, armed to defend their homes.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#890894 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
In the words of the late Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, "Liberals want the poor to be poorer provided the rich are less rich."
Don't think anyone could have said it any more succinctly.
Hi flack.
Hi Carol. They spew their nonsense without even thinking about what it means.

Sure glad that clown is gone. He was starting to give me a headache.

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#890895 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull. A lot of lazy bast@rds who work at financial exchanges, cushy CEO positions, inherited wealth, Wall Street crooks, etc.
They work hard, all right. Hard at hiring K Street lobbyists to corrupt both parties.
Wealth envy is so uncool.

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#890896 Apr 20, 2013
Anyway, gotta go.

By the way, we should all thank flack for getting rid of you-know-who once and for all.

(Hope you don't mind me saying that, flack.)
Cway

United States

#890897 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted I was disconnected from reality when we were discussing the topic of the Kurd massacre and said about the video I posted to prove it, you wouldn't watch that ratty video - or something to that effect.
Do you think Saddam had WMDs and used them?
Let's start again from there.
Carol, let me help you with this.

Bush and Cheney insisted Iraq had WMDs.

None were found.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#890898 Apr 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Carol. They spew their nonsense without even thinking about what it means.
Sure glad that clown is gone. He was starting to give me a headache.
Just glad it seems some of them are starting to emerge from their Obama comas.

Everyone should thank you for getting rid of "the topix headache". You know I do.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#890899 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Anyway, gotta go.
By the way, we should all thank flack for getting rid of you-know-who once and for all.
(Hope you don't mind me saying that, flack.)
Not at all.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#890900 Apr 20, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
The leftwing Obama mindset is that civilian use of military vehicles, SWAT teams, dog patrols, police overtime, and all the rest of that crap is a substitute for intelligence.
What intelligence? The military and CIA excel at torturing the innocent. And boneheads like you put on your cheerleader dresses and root for it.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#890901 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, let me help you with this.
Bush and Cheney insisted Iraq had WMDs.
None were found.
Not THEN!! How long did the UN give Saddam to get rid of them?

He wasn't thumbing his nose at them 15 different times for no reason.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#890902 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is spying on americans without warrants freedom to you?
Get a clue. Your HATRED and anti-americanism is NOT worthy of freedom.

And besides-Those who have no intent on harming anyone else-need not worry about it.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#890903 Apr 20, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think martial law is justified?
WTF are you twistedly delusionating about?

Was the Reality too much for you to watch?

GREAT JOB BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#890904 Apr 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Wealth envy is so uncool.
Then you must be most uncool.

We can that to list of your personal qualities such as rank ignorance, hypocrisy, fascism, etc.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cgay

Pompano Beach, FL

#890905 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
An idiotic statement which flies in the face of the facts. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time a smug-faced conservative lied their azz off to take a cheap shot at the left.
Flyth in the faith of the facth? You thmug-faithed Obama worthipper!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#890906 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
An idiotic statement which flies in the face of the facts. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time a smug-faced conservative lied their azz off to take a cheap shot at the left.
Just to have to answer this before I go.

Tell me, how does the rich being less rich help the poor - many of whom can't even help themselves?

Lack of education, children out of wedlock and addiction are the primary causes of poverty.

Of course, nowadays it's Obamacare strangling the job market.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 5 min Red_Forman 5,243
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 min Red_Forman 6,001
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Guru 189,981
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Earthling-1 53,570
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 7 hr Scott Greczkowski 114
abby 5-25-15 7 hr blunt advice 6
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 10 hr _Zoey_ 410
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]