Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264375 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#890739 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
I give up. No wonder we're so screwed.
The left will always believe Pelosi - not only that Bush lied but the CIA lied to her.
Pelosi's the one who couldn't wait for us to find out what's in Obamacare too. Now Democrats are trying to dismantle it calling it a "train wreck".
But you people on the left go on kissing Pelosi's ring like the good little tools you are.
Nevermind all the evidence contrary to her political neurosis.
What's your hard one for Pelosi all about babe__are you surprised that a politician would tell a lie or talk in circles?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#890740 Apr 20, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know the three "really bad guys" were guilty of any crime? Because the CIA said so? Wow, there's a "credible" group.
Oh my heavens. Say no more. I'm forcing myself not to go running into the streets screaming in total disbelief that you posted that.

Really. Say no more. Please.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#890741 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Daniel Larison is free to think whatever he wants to think.
From everything I've read in his other blogs, he seems to think defending Obama's record makes him right too.
So there you have it.
defending Obama's record? i've never seen him do that.

stop making excuses for Bush and people will stop easily demonstrating that you're full of shyte. anyway, your whole 'Bush didn't do anything wrong' BS is just a way for you to more easily attack Obama because he's 'worse' than Bush. but just try to find a poll that agrees, which as we all know, you won't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#890742 Apr 20, 2013
NO RESPECT wrote:
Thatcher Funeral Snub
Wednesday, 17 Apr 2013 04:26 PM
Share:
More ...
A A |
Email Us |
Print |
Forward Article
inShare
President Barack Obama’s failure to send any top officials of his administration to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s funeral Wednesday sparked some heated criticism.
Politico catalogued negative comments from a variety of sources.
A New York Post editorial was unimpressed with the U.S. delegation, headed by former secretaries of state George Schultz and James Baker.
“As the world bids farewell to Lady Margaret Thatcher today, it’s hard not to notice that America’s official presence at the state funeral for England’s most significant prime minister since Winston Churchill will be underwhelming,” the Post editorial read.
“Instead of sending a high-ranking member of his own administration to lead the official delegation, President Obama has dispatched two former Republican secretaries of state, George Shultz and Jim Baker. Nothing against these men, but we can forgive the British for regarding Obama’s choice as yet another snub.”
Editor's Note: Should ObamaCare Be Repealed? Vote in Urgent National Poll
Breitbart’s Debra Heine noted that Obama offered Thatcher high praise when she died last week.
“But actions (and inactions) speak louder than words,” she wrote.“Obama did send an official delegation to Caracas to attend last month’s funeral for the deceased Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.”
Thatcher ally and Member of Parliament Liam Fox had similar feelings.
“I think it would be both surprising and disappointing if after President Obama’s fulsome tribute to Lady Thatcher, the American administration did not send a senior serving member to represent them,” he told the London Daily Mail.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/Obama-Criti...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Obama is a Jive-ass punk and not a leader or a man of dignity. The left is notorious for putting hate & differences before anything else.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#890743 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Critics will claim that no gains could be worth the price we paid [in Iraq]-- over 4,400 lost lives and untold hundreds of billions of dollars. But we paid a far higher price in the Korean War (36,000 dead). Few would have thought in 1953 that this war, which ended with a deadlocked and ravaged peninsula, was a raging success. The outcome looks considerably better nearly six decades later, now that South Korea has become one of the most prosperous and freest countries in the world.
Max Boot, Jeane J. Kirkpatrick Senior Fellow for National Security Studies, Council on Foreign Relations
You seem to have left out the part about North Korea launching an unprovoked attack across the border.

Compare that with the "justification" for going to war in Iraq which was a pack of lies told by Bush and Cheney.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#890744 Apr 20, 2013
Howdy, dumbfk. Do you always harp about ancient history when we just had a successful terrorism attack on "your" presidents watch (5th year now, retard).

Idiot.
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you go back to Langley and not only update your propaganda skills, but those who taught you as well.
How do you know the three "really bad guys" were guilty of any crime? Because the CIA said so? Wow, there's a "credible" group.
Do you know how many of some 700+ "high value" prisoners held at Gitmo were charged with any crime? Try 5. And I recall one was simply Bin Laden's chaffeur.
If some idiots want to voluntarily waterboard themselves, so be it. I might add, the degree of physical pain can vary greatly depending on how much water is poured on the recipient.
The bottom line on waterboarding is that if done correctly, it produces a powerful gag reflex sufficient to crack the ribs. The Spanish Inquistion did employ it because it was lacking in pain.
Kinder and gentler torture, Aunt Bettie Lou? Please. You repugnants are such twisters of the facts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#890745 Apr 20, 2013
Why the GOP Remains in Bush’s Shadow

Mark Murray interprets a new poll result showing Bush’s low favorability rating (via Doug Mataconis):

Yet buried inside Bush’s poll numbers is a striking finding: He fares well among the demographic groups that have favored Republicans, including defeated 2012 presidential nominee Mitt Romney, and he performs poorly among the demographic groups with whom Republicans have struggled.

I’m not sure this is all that striking. It sounds like what one would expect from strong partisan and ideological voters. If you voted Republican for president in 2012 or 2008, the odds are good that you belong to the hard core of the Republican coalition. This is something that not even the disasters of the Bush era could weaken, which is how the extremely poor McCain/Palin ticket still managed to get almost 46% of the vote during a recession and a financial crisis.

Bush’s continued popularity on the right is relevant to the debate over what Republicans have to do to get out from under the shadow of the Bush administration. Unfortunately for the GOP, the party is in something of a bind. Most Americans outside the party view Bush unfavorably because they regard him (correctly) as a failed president whose policies inflicted serious damage on the country. Most people inside the party see him in an entirely different light. If 65% of Republicans and 60% of self-identified conservatives view Bush favorably, it’s not surprising that there is so much resistance on the right to acknowledging Bush’s errors and learning from them. It’s also possible Bush’s overall unpopularity may be contributing to his popularity inside the Republican tent out of some sort of perverse need to defy the prevailing view that Bush’s presidency was a disaster. There is a strange rally effect in partisan politics that can cause people to remain loyal to their worst leaders simply for the sake of opposing critics from the other “side.” Even worse than this are the loyalists that genuinely can’t see failure for what it is.

This brings to mind the question Romney was asked in the second presidential debate last year. The woman asked Romney:

Governor Romney, I am an undecided voter, because I’m disappointed with the lack of progress I’ve seen in the last four years. However, I do attribute much of America’s economic and international problems to the failings and missteps of the Bush administration [sic]. Since both you and President Bush are Republicans, I fear a return to the policies of those years should you win this election. What is the biggest difference between you and George W. Bush, and how do you differentiate yourself from George W. Bush?

Romney’s answer wasn’t very good, since his attempt to differentiate himself from Bush just confirmed that he didn’t disagree with Bush on anything important. Like many other Republicans over the last four years, Romney couldn’t identify many big differences with Bush because they didn’t exist. More important, he didn’t really understand why he needed to do this. He didn’t understand why because he didn’t accept the premise that “the failings and missteps of the Bush administration” were responsible for America’s “economic and international problems.” Instead, Romney spent most of the campaign pretending that Bush didn’t exist and that the Bush years never happened while proposing to do almost all of the same things that Bush had done. Bush loyalists also don’t know how to answer the question Romney was asked, and it is even more difficult for them because they are so busy being offended that someone has the temerity to hold Bush responsible for his failures.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#890746 Apr 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Right You were defending Bush's declaration of Bon Laden Being irrelevant & said killing him did nothing. i.e. a waste of time.
First, this shows how dumb you are. The elimination of the Al Qaeda leadership definitely hurt that organization. Secondly, Bin Laden was a fund raiser for the organization.
Taking out the Al Qaeda leadership has been very effective.
But hey, you keep defending your pal & hero George W Bush.
"real dumb"
One more time you prove yourself to be a lying sonofabitch. At no time did I defend Bush's declaration of in your words 'Bon' Laden being irrelevant. The killing of bin Laden did one thing it got rid of one of the murdering terrorists. All the terrorists should be offed. But if you could read and understand you would have note bin Laden is dead, the terrorists murders continue.
Keep responding your idiotic posts are a source of amusement for all clear thinking folks. Even the looniest of the liberal trolls laugh at the crap you spew.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#890747 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
We paid a far higher price in the Korean War (36,000 dead). Few would have thought in 1953 that this war was a raging success.
Six decades later, South Korea has become one of the most prosperous and freest countries in the world.
Can anyone argue South Koreans aren't grateful for the sacrifices we made for their freedom?
And speaking of freedom...Paul McCartney wrote this song after 9/11 and has sung it many times since.

How quickly we forget about the importance of "freedom" - which even McCartney said is what we stand for. Why would we not want to die for others' freedom?

Orlando, FL

#890749 Apr 20, 2013
Freedom
Paul McCartney

This is my right, a right given by God
To live a free life, to live in freedom

Talking about freedom
I'm talking about freedom
I will fight for the right
To live in freedom

Anyone tries to take it away
Will have to answer 'cause this is my right.

To live in freedom, yeah oh...

Talking about freedom
I'm talking about freedomI
To live in freedom.

Everybody talking about freedom
We're talking about freedom
We will fight for the rightTo live in freedom, oh..

Talking about freedom
To live in freedom

We will fight for the right
To live in freedom.

...Some of us believe we will fight for the right for all mankind to live in freedom.

I'm one of them.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#890750 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, of course, you would know all of these things first-hand.
Do tell...how do you get so much inside information that no one else knows but you?
Plenty of people know/understand Carol__that you don't is your problem. And worse is that you're not even the least bit curious but happy spread the right wing line.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#890751 Apr 20, 2013
Here We Go! Fox Starts Blaming Obama For Boston Bombings

http://www.newshounds.us/here_we_go_fox_start...

so get to it FOXbots!

oh. i see you already are. the FOX propaganda machine works very quickly. but just try to not act like your viewpoint is your own. it's bad enough that you're a FOXbot, but no point in making it so easy for the rest of us to point out your lack of an original thought.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#890752 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
And speaking of freedom...Paul McCartney wrote this song after 9/11 and has sung it many times since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =M17qFKXSMiwXX
How quickly we forget about the importance of "freedom" - which even McCartney said is what we stand for. Why would we not want to die for others' freedom?
Of the 33 nations the US has bombed and/or invaded since 1946, which one exactly was to protect our "freedom".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Voluntarist

United States

#890753 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a little late. This is old news.
Pouring water up three really bad guys' noses is still up in the air as far as being "torture". They weren't maimed and a physician was present. The CIA agents also had to be waterboarded. Would we "torture" our own guys?
Leon Panetta, the Director of the CIA, clearly implied it was this type of interrogation which helped put the puzzle together to find bin Laden's courier.
Thanks for the crazy response, illogical and absurd.
If it isnt so bad why dont you do it?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#890754 Apr 20, 2013
Two more Democrats went berserk and killed people, this time in Boston.

Democrat: A loser who is dissatisfied with his/her position in life and allows their own hate and resentment to overtake common sense.

That's basically what the uncle said about the two "losers"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#890755 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no WMDs THEN! After he was given plenty of time to get rid of them.
Are you just plain stupid or is just pretending 5000 Kurds - mostly women and children - weren't found lying dead in the streets from a Saddam WMD your preferred mechanism of denial?
Realtime may answer, but I'd like a piece of you on this.

How do you know Hussein had WMDs which were secretly disposed of before Bush launched his war?

Did your GOP crystal ball tell you this? So many of you Repugnants have crystal balls upon which to divine the future.
Sorry, hon, but this is sheer speculation on your part.

The Iraqi gas attacks on the Kurds are irrelevant to the issue of their obligation to disarm which was several years later. No evidence has surfaced that Iraq was in possession of such weaponry at the time Bush made his case for war.
Voluntarist

United States

#890756 Apr 20, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Freedom
Paul McCartney
This is my right, a right given by God
To live a free life, to live in freedom
Talking about freedom
To live in freedom
Anyone tries to take it away
Will have to answer 'cause this is my right.
To live in freedom, yeah oh...
Talking about freedom
I'm talking about freedomI
To live in freedom.
Everybody talking about freedom
We're talking about freedom
We will fight for the rightTo live in freedom, oh..
Talking about freedom
To live in freedom
We will fight for the right
To live in freedom.
...Some of us believe we will fight for the right for all mankind to live in freedom.
I'm one of them.
What kind of freedom do you have with the nsa listening to every phone call, random bag searches, tsa putting their hands down your pants and denial of due process when a politician decides to list you as an "enemy combatant".

Orlando, FL

#890757 Apr 20, 2013
This is also a very moving rendition of Simon and Garfunkel's "America" performed by David Bowie at the McCartney fundraiser concert after 9/11.

Remember when we were united before Democrats took that away from us too for political gain?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#890758 Apr 20, 2013
TSM wrote:
Will the president Man-Up and charge this piece of Crap as an Enemy Combatant?
"TSM"
I hope I am wrong but my bet is that president nobama and his AG, holder, will try this as a simple civil crime. After all a crime of terrorism would be incorrect. No acts of terrorism can occur on nobama's watch.
Peace
Voluntarist

United States

#890759 Apr 20, 2013
TSM wrote:
Will the president Man-Up and charge this piece of Crap as an Enemy Combatant?

It doesnt take a man to violate due process , that is a coward.
A man will take it before a jury with facts and evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amy august 2 33 min Blunt Advice 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Jacques Ottawa 194,696
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 53 min Sublime1 100,305
Abby August 3 54 min Blunt Advice 7
Ask Amy August 3 56 min Sublime1 8
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ariel Sharon 70,148
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr nag 1,198
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages