Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#889467 Apr 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
people?
hasn't the Supreme Court ruled on that issue?
the law of the land is such that abortion is legal.
so when a minority of Americans can somehow figure out how to pressure our lawmakers into making the 'accidental' murder of children by a parent or sibling legal, get back to me.
Up to 150 years or so slavery was legal. Still didn't make it right.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#889468 Apr 18, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, note republicans seem marginalize and divided.
Republicans seem to hate Women, Blacks,Latinos, etc and may be looking for new supporters .....
5 Democrats in the Senate carried the vote against background checks. 5 Republicans voted for it.

We're not as divided as this administration wants you to believe.
Lincoln

United States

#889469 Apr 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Very moving video of Boston hockey fans joining in the singing of the National Anthem before the game.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/boston-bru...
This is what makes us who we are. Just wish it didn't take another attack for us to remember.
It reminded me we're really not at war with each other or as divided as some would have us believe.
American United ! Great video.
Love health care for all Americas, a Christian Idea
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#889470 Apr 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You should control your daughter better. There was nothing remotely threatening in his posts. A warning to leave his wife alone. You libtards are so sensitive when you are being called to the carpet.
My daughter transferred to UF. Don't worry, West is a big mouth, easy to push over the edge. He'll likely get banned from the campus, but he's so stupid, he'll probably show up waving a gun.
I'm entertained watching his total demise. His wife was probably getting kickback money from GEO. I'll keep you posted.
He posted a lengthy tirade on facebook! What a dolt. It's in writing!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#889471 Apr 18, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They are their own worst enemy, and, the source of our best campaign material. You forgot gays, veterans, elderly....
Meanwhile, our friend Allen West is causing a raucus at FAU; his wife was in favor of the funds from GEO group!
I hope he gets banned from there and the students obtain restraining orders. Maybe his big mouth will land him in jail.
Does he still think he's a sergeant in the Army?
Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firearms"

Some times even the L.A. Times gets it right.

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'. The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

-- Columnist Burt Prelutsky, Los Angeles Times
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#889472 Apr 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Five Democrats broke with their party and voted against the amendment assuring that the measure would come up short of the 60 votes needed for passage.
Five Republicans voted for the amendment.
The Democrats have the majority in the Senate.
One Democrat claimed the proposed system would not have prevented Newtown and would not stop criminals.
Of course, he or she is right in spite of all the emotions surrounding this issue.
Of course, why have emotions when children are murdered. This is a prime example of why we need filibuster reform in the Senate. This should have passed. It's not going away.
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#889473 Apr 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wayne La Pierre is paid nearly a million dollars a year to promote the lies of the NRA in order to dupe the feeble minded right whiners into thinking the NRA really give a crap about anything except fomenting the sale of guns to whoever wants to buy them regardless of their background.
Se Grassley said the criminals avoid background checks. Well, then, expanding background checks would shrink the places where criminals can buy guns making it more difficult.
But hey., you right whiners are just too stupid top get it.
"Instead we hear "OMG OMG OMG they're taking our guns" "OMG OMG OMG they making a registry" " OMG OMG OMG
You people are so ridiculous it would be funny if it weren't killing our children.
What lies is he promoting?
It does not matter what they do with background checks, bad things will still happen.
More rules and regs. only effect those that follow the law in the first place.....its just that simple.
Criminals do not concern themselves with the laws....so to
make new laws is pointless.

We don't need more laws, what we need is more Freedom.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#889474 Apr 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a guy who said people could get all the abortions they wanted & he wouldn't care as long as he didn't pay for it.
Are you ever going to understand, in context, what you read. Exactly I don't care. It's none of my business as long as I don't have to pay for it. You want to kill your future, be my guest! Most likely just somebody else I won't have to pay to raise, feed, cloth, school, house, incarcerate, and provide medical care for.

Orlando, FL

#889475 Apr 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> And they wonder why the German people didn't stop Hitler.
As with any major news story, Fox is the first to report it. The mainstream media eventually has no choice but to cover it when it becomes too big for them to keep ignoring.

The atrocities - which were horrific - inflicted on born alive full-term babies by this abortion doctor would shed a bad light on abortion and Planned Parenthood.

It's better to keep liberals in the dark on such issues. They might just think for themselves and step out of line.

This is more true than they want to believe. Otherwise, why have the mainstream remained silent on this story?
Lincoln

United States

#889476 Apr 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>95% of Obama followers are ignorant, the other 5% Obama's rich elite keep lily that way.
Smile :
You are the party of the famous 47% on video

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#889477 Apr 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it said that the trial was being ignored. didn't mention who was ignoring it, did it? that was all you wasn't it?
because the right wing media hadn't been reporting it either. which is why you have to resort to Reuters instead of using some right wing crazy site.
That's funny because I've been reading about it since it started.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#889478 Apr 18, 2013
Here it the text of West's post:
"I completely understand the Alinsky tactics and have no issue with the insidious and incessant personal attacks by the left against me. However, I am warning you, end your harassment of my wife Angela. The students from Florida Atlantic University who have gone to my wife's office, stalked her at the FAU Board of Trustee meetings, and sent letters to her company headquarters, end it now. This is not a threat, it is a promise that if Angela calls and tells me of one more incident, you will face me, the side of me that you do not want to see. My wife Angela is an American citizen and if you believe that you can intimidate her to surrender her freedoms you are mistaken. Those left wing groups and lawyers associated with these individuals supporting their antics, I recommend you disassociate yourself. How dare you animals attack my wife and her professional reputation. This is your one and only advisory notice."

In his post, he seemed to have been referring to Saul Alinsky, a community organizer from the 1950s.

He also Tweeted: "To FAU students stalking my wife at Bd of Trustee mtgs, end it now. If u believe you can intimidate her, u are mistaken. Nxt time u face me."

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2013/0...

He's such an idiot.

Orlando, FL

#889480 Apr 18, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice that you're so elated about something that cost some of your fellow human beings their lives and destroyed their homes and property. How very Christian of you Carol.
It's not the people in Iran who want to annhilate other countries. It's most definitely a tragedy for them.

But the earthquake had to have shaken their leaders having been so close to their nuclear facilities. The same leaders Iranis took to the streets to protest risking their lives.

Why do you always assume the worst about someone's intentions?

Iran wanting to nuke Israel or anyone else doesn't concern you?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#889482 Apr 18, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Very moving video of Boston hockey fans joining in the singing of the National Anthem before the game.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/boston-bru...
This is what makes us who we are. Just wish it didn't take another attack for us to remember.
It reminded me we're really not at war with each other or as divided as some would have us believe.
I saw that! Brought tears to my eyes. To bad we can't be that united all the time.
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#889484 Apr 18, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, note republicans seem marginalize and divided.
Republicans seem to hate Women, Blacks,Latinos, etc and may be looking for new supporters .....
Well I could claim that Liberals hate Freedom and Justice
and Prosperity the Flag and ice cream and pets
and lawn chairs...but that would be just as stupid of a comment
as yours was.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#889485 Apr 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Up to 150 years or so slavery was legal. Still didn't make it right.
covers both viewpoints, don't you think?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#889486 Apr 18, 2013
More West nostalgia:

GOP congressional candidate Allen West told "tea party" activists that they needed to do more to get accountability from Rep. Ron Klein (D-Fla.).

"Let me tell you what you've got to do," said West, a retired lieutenant colonel. "You've got to make the fellow scared to come out of his house. That's the only way that you're going to win. That's the only way you're going to get these people's attention."

(He's an idiot. It's only a matter of time before he snaps)
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#889487 Apr 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That's funny because I've been reading about it since it started.
cite it. see if you can beat the 'lib' media coverage that started in 2011.

Orlando, FL

#889488 Apr 18, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
American United ! Great video.
Love health care for all Americas, a Christian Idea
I would love health care for all Americans too. Pretty sure everyone does. Our health care system had gotten so out of whack no one knew how to fix it.

Even the Democrats didn't like Hillary's version of Obamacare for the same reasons the majority of the country didn't like Obama's version. It was too complicated and presented even more problems.

Simplifying the system by lowering costs of health care is the obvious and most common sense approach.

But since when does government do anything using common sense in spite of Republicans offering those kinds of solutions?

More Americans are going to be uninsured under Obamacare. Read some credible sources, man.

Prominent democrats are now backpedaling from this "train wreck" that's about to happen.

Are you always this stubborn when it comes to accepting reality?
PEOPLE CONTROL

Davenport, IA

#889490 Apr 18, 2013
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/312207-1

MOST OF THE GOP AND SOME DEM ARE THE ONLY ONE HAS ANY DAMN
SENSE UP IN WASHINGTON!VOTE OUT REST OF THE TRASH 2014!!!!!!!!!!1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min Zap Brannigan 98,238
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 69,402
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min loose cannon 178,099
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr God Still Loves You 49,881
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr James 68,514
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Twisted Nixon 46,740
Amy 9-20 3 hr Kuuipo 6
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info