Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
817,741 - 817,760 of 1,084,947 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Real cute. A Progressive biotch playing another one of those media games of pretending to be scared and threatened by a nasty, mean Conservative! Lions and Tigers and Bears! Oh My!
Let's see how far the Liberal Media is willing to play along before some FOX newsperson laughs them off the air.
West and his wife are loose cannons, he's threatening students , he's a goner.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh go away dummy
Your wish comes true in 2016 because Obama has to leave.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too stupid for a conversation and you can't even spell bastard.
It's you retardicans who have no respect for the President of the United States, and human life. Perhaps you should experience a murder of a loved one and then you'll get it. You make me sick, now gfy
lily boca's motherly language becomes more apparent as Happy Hour grows to a close.
Concerned Father

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Why is Obama covering up the boston bombings? The saudi they said was not a suspect is now slated for deportation on national security grounds.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

1 min ago

There were reports earlier that people were trapped in the nursing home and in an apartment building.

Scanner traffic indicated that some residents of both the nursing home and apartment building were severely injured.

Children are among the victims, according to reports from the scene.

Two children were reported to be trapped on the second floor of the damaged apartment complex.

McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara said the area looked like a war zone.

He could not say whether there were any deaths and did not know how many people were injured.

Department of Public Safety troopers transported some victims to hospitals in patrol cars, said Gayle Scarbrough at the DPS Communications Center in Waco.

A triage area was first established at the intersection of Haven and North Reagan Streets, but it was later moved to Marable Street and Meadow Drive because of the potentially toxic smoke from the fire.

As many as a dozen helicopters were sent to the area and were landing at West High School stadium and at least two-dozen ambulances were waiting there to transport victims to hospitals.

The staging area was later moved because of the threat of an explosion from a second burning tank.

A number of buildings were reported to be burning, some in residential areas and evacuations were underway.

Authorities were going door-to-door checking residences in the area.

West Middle School was one of the buildings reported to be on fire.

Injured victims were being taken to area hospitals.

An officer was dispatched to provide crowd control at Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center in Waco, which issued a call to all staffers to report.

The explosion knocked out power to a large area of the community.

Oncor’s online outage site showed more than a thousand customers without power.

Oncor Outage Website
Interstate 35 remained open, but a number of emergency vehicles were on the highway headed to West and from West to hospitals.

The Texas Department of Transportation advised motorists to avoid the area.

“I-35 is likely to become clogged as the emergency vehicles come and go, and as the inevitable rubbernecking begins in passing traffic,” spokeswoman Jodi Whatley said.

“Please try to use alternate routes and leave I-35 as open as possible as the ambulances try to get the injured to hospitals and then come back to help more victims. Because of the force of the explosion, many businesses, homes, and possibly a nursing home and school are destroyed or damaged. Power and phone service is out in much of the town,” she said.

Fire crews from virtually every community in the area headed to the scene.

Waco firefighters and the department’s hazmat team were among the first to respond.

The Killeen Fire Department was sending its hazmat team and 10 firefighters to assist.

A woman who was passing through West on Interstate 35 at the time of the explosion said she and her boyfriend saw a fireball 100-feet wide shoot into the air.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Explosion-...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

XXXX out the 1 minute ago ...
in post above!

THAT was a copy!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox took off on CNN's "story" (admitedly ill-advisedly); they didnt "scoop it". That was left for the retards at CNN...
FOX was just a follower?

talk about irony.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Blacks comprise 15% of the US population, and on their own are inconsequential (except if you are talking about violent crime statistics). Without the intrusion of anglo leftist worms, they would undoubtadly become educated, smell the coffee, and abandon the left in droves to prosperity....
prosperity? and not austerity?

this must be a joke. so what's the punchline?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

The Mississippi man arrested in connection to letters covered in ricin that were sent to Sen. Roger Wicker and President Barack Obama used the same language to end a Facebook post as was used in the two letters.

“This is KC and I approve this message,” he wrote on April 11. The post was a link to a YouTube video by Jason Shelton, a Democratic candidate for mayor of Tupelo.

Shelton said Wednesday night that he knew who Curtis was but did not know him personally.

“The guy is definitely not a friend of mine. He’s never been a friend of mine,” Shelton said.

Shelton said that he had blocked Curtis on Facebook several days ago because Curtis would not leave him alone.

“I think he’s insane and out to harm people,” Shelton said.

Facebook posts made by Curtis on his fan site – Kevin Curtis Live (KC)– paint a picture of a main obsessed with conspiracies, and obsession that apparently alienated him from his family.

“My mother wants me to SHUT UP. My brothers fear me. My sister hates me. My cousins have hostility towards me (they work in healthcare) I have lost most of my friends,” wrote Curtis early Wednesday morning.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130417... -

right wing.

"I think he has some very serious psychological issues from my dealings with him. In the past I had read some of his Facebook postings and it was very far out there. He’ll get down on you and bash you with everything he’s got, even making up stuff, and I’ve seen that side of him."

very right wing.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

A senior Democratic senator who helped write President Obama's health care law stunned administration officials Wednesday, saying openly he thinks it's headed for a "train wreck."

"I just see a huge train wreck coming down," Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., told Obama's health care chief during a routine budget hearing that suddenly turned tense.

...It's like reading a breath of fresh air.

But it didn't take a rocket scientist to know this.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Smackers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Dood... you sound so "spiritual".
Aren't you the little boy who asked me what "spiritual" meant?

...and here you are using it in one of your primitive sentences!

There's hope for you yet.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
In this case, that's correct. In everything ELSE (including most importantly "ratings", I believe the reverse is true. BTW, I'm pretty sure CNN hit the bottom of the barrel today.
Now, didnt I tell you to go flush yourself?
flush? kind of like the recent FOX ratings?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
West and his wife are loose cannons, he's threatening students , he's a goner.
The loose cannons are those Liberal children playing on the deck of the Good Ship Lollipop.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The punchline is: a high percentage of that 15% US population figure for blacks is comprised of convicted felons who are unable to vote anyway. I know its dark humour, but I'm sure you probably get it....:-)
how high of a percentage?

nope. didn't get it.
Concerned Father

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Why is the Saudi who was detained and later declared to not be a suspect being deported for national security reasons?
http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/u-s-deporting-saud...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm sorry chumbo, but they are still giving CNN a major ass-whuppin....
oh sure.[?]

so how many Republicans watch FOX everyday?

how many voted for Romney?

get out your pocket calculator and give us a percentage on that one.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Gay. VERY gay....
very very right wing.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

I still hope the bomber is a white American

The identity of the person behind the Boston bombings will strongly affect our response -- even O'Reilly agrees!

I’m not the kind of person who hopes to ever find conservative Fox News host Bill O’Reilly agreeing with me. But with my Salon piece on the Boston bomber now on the front page of Drudge, I think it is worth pointing out that last night O’Reilly effectively agreed with my piece by confirming the very simple self-evident truth that the Boston bomber’s demographic profile will, indeed, dictate how America responds to the atrocity.

O’Reilly starts out by stating something every American almost certainly agrees with: We should all be first and foremost hoping that the perpetrator — whoever he or she is — is apprehended as quickly as possible. Then he moves into an analysis of the future reaction. As O’Reilly put it,“If this is an international terror attack, the repercussions will be severe,” but, he added,“if it’s home-grown” that will just “be another stain on American history.”

In stating such an obvious truth, O’Reilly has (inadvertently) spotlighted the double standard that drives so much of our public policymaking and our cultural attitudes toward national security.

As he said, if the bomber ends up being a foreigner there will be a “severe” response — and if history is any guide, that means potentially a full-scale mobilization of military assets, passage of draconian civil liberties legislation, police surveillance of entire demographic groups and even perhaps a scuttling of the pending immigration bill. By contrast, if the bomber is one of the many “home-grown”— read: white domestic terrorist — attacks we’ve seen in recent years, it will merely be chalked up as “another stain on American history,” but will not necessarily prompt any kind of societal mobilization against any one particular group.

The reason, then, to hope that the bomber ends up being a white American is because the double standard may prevent an overreaction to the heinous attacks in Boston. Indeed, if the bomber ends up being a white American, there’s a decent chance we will not see a redux of the post-9/11 period when we (among other things) initiated reckless wars, passed privacy-trampling bills like the Patriot Act, overspent on the Pentagon and targeted wide swaths of the population for surveillance/warrantless wiretapping.

The same cannot be said if the bomber ends up being a Muslim — in that case, the double standard will work in the opposite way, encouraging another post-9/11 redux and all the attendant bad policies that came with it.

By the way, you don’t have to be a person of color or a political liberal to hope the bomber ends up being a white American. You just have to be among the groups of Americans who don’t like stuff like preemptive wars, the Patriot Act, warrantless wiretapping, the drone war, an unsustainable Pentagon budget and a broken immigration system. By their own rhetoric, some of those groups must include many self-described conservatives — after all, they purport to care about civil liberties and say they want to reduce government spending.

That gets back to the original point: The reason to hope that the bomber is a white American is because in a country where white privilege and double standards so obviously affect our national security reactions, that outcome will better guarantee that the reaction to Boston is a bit more measured.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/17/i_still_hope_...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

WELL ITS ONLY OK IF FOREIGNERS GO POSTAL BOMBING IN AMERICA BUT AMERICANS WILL BE CRUCIFIED IF THEY GET TIRED OF THE B.S POLITICS AND THE WAY THE COUNTRY IS GOING

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

GOD FORBID AMERICANS OR WHITES ACTUALLY MAKE AN EFFORT TO MAKE SOMETHING WORTH LIVING IN ? WTF
SAVE THE SCAPEGOAT WOAH IS ME CROCODILE TEARS CRYING WOLF B.S

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,464
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min ISLAMIC TERROR APOLOGETIC 68,116
Ask Amy 8-1-14 1 hr Shari23 19
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr honeymylove 486
Abby 8-1-14 1 hr Mister Tonka 10
The Lollapalooza Music Festival is War on Cultu... 2 hr Culture Auditor 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Terry rigsby 49,032
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr PEllen 97,587
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••