Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#889193 Apr 17, 2013
Arrest made in the Texas states attorneys murders__Oh my____!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#889194 Apr 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Because the both of you are trying to put a 2013 perception on a 1607-1878 time frame. It cannot be done. Oh and I was not replying to you that was for Realtime. The way things then were considered normal, right or wrong. The real problem begins with the Thirteenth amendment. Why after 150 or so years do a lot of blacks still for the most part live on the plantation. You know I don't understand. My daughters come home and tell of the disruptions in class because some people consider it 'being white' to learn. Please explain that to me. I see this as a plague that is spreading across all levels of society. This must be stopped and turned around.
They are fed a regular diet of victimization in the cycle of poverty - sometimes self-inflicted, sometimes not - by their parents, other blacks and the government.

They are not getting the right message from enough black leaders on how to break the cycle.

It's really that simple...in my opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#889196 Apr 17, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you thought you'd answered, it was not to my satisfaction. There are genetic disorders that only affect .001% of the population; that doesn't translate to saying they weren't born that way. I don't know how anyone could think that one could "choose" his/her sexual orientation. Trust me, most working women at times have longed for a wife, but just in the kitchen. Honestly, you think you could just decide to start having sexual desire for men? Your suicide stats are weak and out of date, and the "money" seems to be going for people like Marcus Bachmann and his crazy-eyed wife to pray away the gay which just doesn't work. I hope my child grows up knowing that love is love--same for gay and straight--and marriage between the two should be equal.
Genetic, meaning they lack a gene of some sort, or it's in their family genes. Neither fits gay habits. There is no gay gene, & gay is not hereditary. It may be a disease, but its not hereditary. No, I could never look at a man like that, then again I wasn't coaxed as a child before my brain was able to process the situation. A child is born dumb & had to learn anything. Sexual orientation is no different. Look at grade school kids, they haven't learn their sexual identity yet. They see boys in the same light they see girls & normally choose to play with boys over girls. Do me a favor Leo, name something else a child is born with besides genetics & diseases! Again not arguing, just debating.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#889197 Apr 17, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Boy Messiah lies and plays to select crowds with those lies, why would you follow his words as being truthful?
Because of your racism, Dood.
The Boy Messiah will say anything to get elected to power, to retain that power and to exercise that power.
Lying works. To wit: ImaginaryDave falls for it continuously.
Here we go again, the racial slur lowlife calls me a racist because I point out his obvious racism. Why else would you post slurs? Explain it to me. Do you think it is cute? Clever? smart?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#889199 Apr 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I was taught there are 3 types of people, or 3 ways of learning better said. Those that listen & learn, those that need to see it done & use memory as a learning tool, & those that learn hands on. Teachers aren't the same anymore. They expect to teach 1 specific way & everyone to learn, or they label them with a learning disability when it's not the case at all. When a child doesn't understand, they seek attention sometime inn a bad way. It's a cry for help! A true teacher should be able to analyze each student & proceed accordingly.
This is very true. But if a child's parent(s) sees the school as free daycare and teachers as free babysitters and believe their child is beyond reproach or discipline, without a home environment that supports even the best efforts on the part of an educator, these students simply don't stand a chance.

They will eventually continue the vicious cycle of poverty, sadly. Especially in the inner cities.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gettysburg, PA

#889200 Apr 17, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant?
Thank You.
I believe you do believe that your slinging of racial slurs is a sign of intelligence.

I have news, sling racial slurs is a sign of ignorance. You are very ignorant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#889201 Apr 17, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Obama said un-arrest the Democrat.
It's another vote.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#889202 Apr 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
They are fed a regular diet of victimization in the cycle of poverty - sometimes self-inflicted, sometimes not - by their parents, other blacks and the government.
They are not getting the right message from enough black leaders on how to break the cycle.
It's really that simple...in my opinion.
That is total bullshit! There are white kids acting out the same way for the same reasons, & it has nothing to do with being black or white. If a child isn't learning, the teacher isn't teaching right unless the child really has a learning disability, which is hardly ever the case. Too much parent interference, not enough parenting & extended parenting. The child is in the custody of the school while in school. The teachers used to look at it like that in the day. Now they're afraid of the parents so they don't put in that extra effort to a child that really needs it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#889203 Apr 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Would you prefer theirselves? With a red line under it?
How about FOX and CNN are looking very fkn stupid in their quest to be first to break an arrest story?
That depends. A "poof", or maybe, "abracadabra"?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gettysburg, PA

#889204 Apr 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Because the both of you are trying to put a 2013 perception on a 1607-1878 time frame. It cannot be done. Oh and I was not replying to you that was for Realtime. The way things then were considered normal, right or wrong. The real problem begins with the Thirteenth amendment. Why after 150 or so years do a lot of blacks still for the most part live on the plantation. You know I don't understand. My daughters come home and tell of the disruptions in class because some people consider it 'being white' to learn. Please explain that to me. I see this as a plague that is spreading across all levels of society. This must be stopped and turned around.
You & Rand Paul? Lets repeal the 13th Amendment? Really.

Freeing slaves was the problem????

You forget that blacks were legally discriminated against until just 50 years ago in many areas before the Civil Rights Act passed

That's less than two generations.

They had fewer educational opportunities. Fewer economic opportunities.

I lived in Kentucky for a couple of years & racism is alive & considered normal there.

This idea that blacks have had equal opportunity since the 13th amendment is ridiculous. To think they did after 1964 is ridiculous.

You don't hold a entire race under your thumb for 250 years, & then expect the effects to dissipate in one generation.

Being smart in school is frown upon by many kids regardless of race.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#889210 Apr 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
Speaking of gay marriage, New Zealand just joined 12 other countries legalizing same-sex marriage.
Which countries you ask?
Uruguay.
Argentina.
The Netherlands.
Belgium.
Canada.
Spain.
South Africa.
Norway.
Sweden.
Iceland.
Portugal.
Denmark.
No surprise. Either the most liberal or inconsequential countries on the planet.
Think of all the countries in Asia and Europe alone who refuse to redefine marriage. Most countries in South America even get it.
Okay, let's break it down.

Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands - the model countries for liberalism - these 4 are a given.

South Africa and Iceland. Who cares?

Uruguay and Argentina. The only two countries in Latin America.

Spain and Portugal. Big deal.

Canada. No surprise. They have a failed socialized health system too.

The overwhelming number of countries on 7 continents still say no to gay marriage.

Maybe the liberals here should move to Iceland...or South Africa...or any one of the other few other countries left to choose from.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#889211 Apr 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> There are white kids acting out the same way for the same reasons, & it has nothing to do with being black or white.
I stand corrected. You are absolutely right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#889212 Apr 17, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> There are white kids acting out the same way for the same reasons, & it has nothing to do with being black or white.
However, it is primarily blacks in the inner cities who are most at risk.

Also, unemployment in these cities among blacks is reaching 15%.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#889213 Apr 17, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Those leftist wimps at CNN getting their worthless hands slapped by the FBI. Good times.....:-)
FBI:'Exercise Caution and Attempt to Verify Information Through Appropriate Official Channels Before Reporting'
3:06 PM, Apr 17, 2013 By DANIEL HALPER
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/fbi-exerc...
After multiple media outlets (especially CNN) wrongly reported that an arrest had been made in Boston, the FBI is urging media to "exercise caution and attempt to verify information through appropriate official channels before reporting."
"Contrary to widespread reporting, no arrest has been made in connection with the Boston Marathon attack. Over the past day and a half, there have been a number of press reports based on information from unofficial sources that has been inaccurate. Since these stories often have unintended consequences, we ask the media, particularly at this early stage of the investigation, to exercise caution and attempt to verify information through appropriate official channels before reporting," says the FBI's Boston office in a statement to the media.
you forgot to mention FOX.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#889214 Apr 17, 2013
As of 2:35 p.m. EDT, here's what's being reported. CNN: No arrest, no one in custody. Globe: Suspect in custody. Herald: Suspect arrested. Fox News: Suspect arrested. NBC: "Solid leads." CBS: No arrest. AP: Suspect in custody.

http://deadspin.com/reports-suspect-identifie...

FOX has since made a 'correction' that doesn't mention the fact that they got it wrong.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#889215 Apr 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Some farmers I have know do call their livestock names when not behaving. Then there are a lot who name their nonfood livestock with human names just like slaves. I will read it but IMO this is the 21th century and $50 trillion dollars has been spent. Again IMO some serious attitude adjustments need to be done to stop the downward spiral and for people to learn to TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES!!! We are not heading, under this administration, in the right direction!!!
Yeah, like where did the term "fuggin ahole and dumbass" come from ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#889216 Apr 17, 2013
Background Checks Die At The Hands Of Senate Filibuster

About nine out of 10 Americans support universal background checks, according to polls. The failed vote reflects the enduring power of the National Rifle Association, which opposed the bill and threatened to target lawmakers who voted in its favor.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/04/se...

so it seems that a radical minority is still in charge of Congress as once again the will of the majority is ignored.

that won't help the minority much in 2014. keep up the good work nutjobs.
Boston Marathon Tragedy

Piscataway, NJ

#889217 Apr 17, 2013
Guys we need more support for Boston marathon runner's. We have some donations already but what we're focusing on is Facebook support. If we get enough Likes and support CNN's Don Lemon will run a story and really take us Global. The goal is Alleviate the financial burden from the Richard family. They lost the 8 year old boy and the poor man's daughter and wife were severally injured in the blast. If you could just like the page or even read the updates I'd greatly appreciate it. Anyone who does when we donate every single name of supporters who like the page and donate will be put on a card to Bill Richard the father. Thanks all.www.facebook.com/BostonMarathonTragedySup...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#889218 Apr 17, 2013
When IEDs Come Home: What Boston Looked Like to Iraq Veterans

It wasn't like seeing the Iraq war break out on the Boston streets, they said, but they found their experiences rushing back while watching the news as they tried to figure out what kind of bomb it might have been. Because, for a year or more of their adult lives, what happened on Monday was a regular experience. Some worried the attack could become another pretense for war. Some tried to stifle a feeling that Americans don't care about the people overseas who are blown up all the time.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/...
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#889219 Apr 17, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
However, it is primarily blacks in the inner cities who are most at risk.
Also, unemployment in these cities among blacks is reaching 15%.
True, but there's so many components that result in the UE rates among blacks. Too many to cover, but the #1 reason is, failure of the system. The system is designed for the black youth to fail. Go to the ghetto, there's a liquor store on every corner. Where are most of the drugs funneled into? The ghetto. Assuring a good percentage will be in the system, & once in the system they'll never get out. That's where I feel Obama failed so far. Not a black thing, but an equality thing. Give the kids a fair chance. Their parents made sacrifices for it & still are!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min rabbee yehoshooah... 70,995
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 181,755
Marcus Bachmann acts like a sissy 2 hr LOL 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,913
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 4 hr Le Duped 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr market indicators 98,836
How long to do this? 4 hr Jako Hondasaki 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info