Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
817,181 - 817,200 of 1,100,250 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#888674 Apr 16, 2013
When False Flags Don't Fly Anymore

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

James Corbett

After hundreds of documented examples people are learning the truth .... This clip from early 2010 is worth replaying in light of the Boston Marathon Bombing...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/when-fals...
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#888676 Apr 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
A powerful earthquake, magnitude 7.8, rocked Iran and Pakistan today collapsing houses and business and claiming lives according to U.S. and foreign authorities.
It was centered about 50 miles east of the city of Khash, Iran, but shook tall buildings as far away as New Delhi, nearly 1,500 miles away.
...Second earthquake to hit Iran this year. After the first one, I said nature could take care of Iran for us and Israel and the rest of the world. It might be more true than I thought.
I feel so much safer with Obama letting the threat of nuclear war increase.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#888678 Apr 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Publicly traded insurance companies and multi million dollar ceo salaries. Healthcare should not be a for profit business.
Close but no cigar. Try again!!! Oh and we aren't a communist country. People in the medical field have a RIGHT to make a profit. You can't give a right to someone by taking a right from someone else.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#888679 Apr 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
The economic news in America has gone from bad to worse.
First, we found out the jobs numbers are collapsing. Then retail sales figures were released- they show across the board contraction.
Next, we found out U.S. business inventory figures were a disappointment.
Finally, consumer confidence not only collapsed, but it was the largest miss from expectations in U.S. economic history
we?

cite it. just go the the Everybody Knows site.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#888680 Apr 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Kathleen Sebelius admitted they underestimated the problems with Obamacare.
Now, if SHE is willing to admit THAT, you better believe there's bigger problems in paradise.
So why do you always shoot the messenger? It's the message that's important. You might need to hear it sometimes.
Nothing is allowed to dull the glow that is Lord Obama! Haven't you noticed that?
Lincoln

United States

#888681 Apr 16, 2013
<quoted text>
We stayed at the Copley Plaza last summer; classic big government rightwinger response. Ban backpacks!! Why do you always want a big government police state solution to everything?
Some of these plots get foiled by the FBI, some fall between the cracks.
interesting ! thanks for the identity of our friends
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#888682 Apr 16, 2013
Late Monday night, law enforcement officials descended on an apartment building in the suburb of Revere, about five miles north of Copley Square, linked to a man the police took into custody near the scene of the bombings. But on Tuesday morning, one law enforcement official said investigators had determined that the man, who was injured in the blast and was questioned at the hospital, was not involved in the attack.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/17/us/official... ;
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#888683 Apr 16, 2013
The Worst Conservative Reactions To The Boston Bombings

Conspiracy Radio Host Alex Jones: U.S. Gov't Is "Prime Suspect" In Attack

WND Columnist Erik Rush's Attempt At "Sarcasm": Kill All Muslims In Response To Attack

Hoft: Bombings Make Obama The "Worst. President. Ever."

Beck Mentioned Bombing To Promote Owning Gold

Ingraham Uses Bombing To Stoke Fears About Immigration Reform

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/16/the-w...

and the day is not over.
Lincoln

United States

#888684 Apr 16, 2013
car star wrote:
<quoted text>
You got a leader.
Ted Nugent.
Lord Ted
Nuke of Nugent

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#888685 Apr 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Many of the other countries aren't plagued by the sort of poverty and illiteracy found in places like your hometown of Appalachia?
That part but not all of it. Oh by the way there are about 1.5 million people in WV. There are about 1.5 million people in Hampton Roads. Bet I can guess which has more. Hint: It's not WV.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#888686 Apr 16, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you picked this up but, who's effected by "tax day"? Taxpayers. And who are the taxpayers? Well, like I said, you picked it up.
Sorry, Mud, but you've misused effect for affect...again. When you Greedy Old Pervs were in school, did they call you "special."

I wouldn't be greatly surprised to find that the Tea Party Taliban had something to do with it...they're losing control of elections that aren't primaries, ya' know. Then there are also a growing number of our wonderful troops, whom you all support at the top of your piously shrieking voices until you see what that supports costs. Thank god that you'll all die off soon.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#888687 Apr 16, 2013
Pat Robertson On Boston Bombing: "Don't Talk To Me About 'Religion Of Peace,' No Way"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/16/pat-...

Christian Jihad

Laying Down the Sword: Why We Can’t Ignore the Bible’s Violent Verses,

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

whatever.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#888688 Apr 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. I'm supposed top stop identifying the post where you decided to post racial slurs on this day.
Wow, just how f*cking stupid are you?
You can't stop slinging slurs for a single day.
Does your racism run that deep?
That you think finding inhumane, barbaric, cruel acts of terrorism against humanity, constitutes "racism", says a lot on just how ignorant apparently you are.

Wow dhm"fk"--and I was giving you more credit that that.

Not any more.

Does your ignorance consume all of your self?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#888690 Apr 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
So then what is Obama's basis of Obama's continuing assertion of unilateral power? The Democrats could have easily defunded operations, end of story. Obama has had four years, so what's your excuse, Obamabot?
As far as name calling, you are the queen on this thread for that...
Pot, kettle, hypocrite...
If we defunded you old farts would have crucified us as not supporting the troops with everything they needed to survive in battle (as good old Rummy had done going in), and we might have added more like this: "Millay, 24, pleaded guilty last month to attempted espionage and other counts. A sentencing panel of male military members heard testimony on Monday.

Military prosecutors said Millay was a white supremacist who was fed up with the army and the US, and was willing to sell secrets to an enemy agent even if that would cost his fellow soldiers their lives. Defence attorneys said Millay was an emotionally stunted attention-seeker and was a candidate for rehabilitation."

White supremacist? Guess he was one of your ilk to begin with...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#888692 Apr 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Pat Robertson On Boston Bombing: "Don't Talk To Me About 'Religion Of Peace,' No Way"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/16/pat-...
Christian Jihad
Laying Down the Sword: Why We Can’t Ignore the Bible’s Violent Verses,
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
whatever.
Do they teach English classes in other countries?
I thought they did too.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#888693 Apr 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Homoerotic fantasies? Who are you ? Jerry Sandusky?
lily boca loves her sexual fantasies
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#888695 Apr 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Jerry Sandusky thinks this is a dating site
lily boca gets aroused over Jerry Sandusky
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#888697 Apr 16, 2013
<quoted text>
They're not white either, and, there are black Saudis.
lily boca loves the race card
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#888698 Apr 16, 2013
Salivating Over The “T” Word

Others have kicked this around a bit already — the media’s, and our collective, obsession with the word “terrorism.” But it was still nagging at me late into the night and early this morning, and it wasn’t until an hour or two after President Obama’s remarks yesterday that I put my finger on exactly why.

Two reasons really. Starting with the first: Why were so many people in the media standing on pins and needles, wondering whether Obama would call what happened in Boston terrorism? Obviously the word is heavily charged, and carries great political and legal significance, and if reporters were really interested in how Obama himself viewed what happened — and thus how he might respond to it — it would be perfectly appropriate.

But thinking back over the past decade, I could only come up with one other instance in which anyone was quite so fixated on the president’s initial description of a violent tragedy in quite the same way, and it was the election year fake outrage over when exactly Obama described what happened in Benghazi as terrorism.

That was so recent, and such a big story in the campaign — leading up to the iconic “please proceed, governor” moment in the second debate — it’s hard to escape the conclusion that it instilled bad habits among the people who covered it. The media was listening for that word yesterday because they identified it as a potential source of a future, contrived political controversy; reporters were acting as opposition researchers for the people they cover, and identified a sin of omission. Like the inverse of when Obama said the private sector was “doing fine” and the press corps zeroed out everything else he said in the same press conference.

But what makes this all feel even more contrived is that a number of outlets made an editorial decision before Obama’s remarks to describe what happened as terrorism. Now of course I don’t think any outlet made that call in order to set up a story about whether Obama would follow suit.

But I do have a strong sense that most major media outlets typically distinguish terrifying violence from violent terrorism by examining motive. No political or ideological motive? Not terrorism. You might disagree with that distinction, but it’s been pretty consistent. It’s why everyone feels comfortable calling the Unabomber a terrorist, but not the perpetrators of the Sandy Hook massacre.

Then yesterday, the same outlets disregarded their own bright line. I think that’s probably because yesterday’s weapons were explosives, not guns. But that was an arbitrary editorial call on their part. And it’s quite a stretch to create a story out of the fact that the President of the United States declined to adhere to the editorial protocols of the cable nets.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2013/04...
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#888699 Apr 16, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL!
Lots Of Liquor

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min litesong 46,323
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 18 min Dems Suk 1,904
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 20 min Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 21 min Union Corrupt 7,561
Abby 8-30 33 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Amy 8-30 41 min edogxxx 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,935
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••