Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
817,161 - 817,180 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#888654 Apr 16, 2013
A powerful earthquake, magnitude 7.8, rocked Iran and Pakistan today collapsing houses and business and claiming lives according to U.S. and foreign authorities.

It was centered about 50 miles east of the city of Khash, Iran, but shook tall buildings as far away as New Delhi, nearly 1,500 miles away.

...Second earthquake to hit Iran this year. After the first one, I said nature could take care of Iran for us and Israel and the rest of the world. It might be more true than I thought.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#888655 Apr 16, 2013
TSM wrote:
This was Axelrod explanation/excuse why Obama called Boston Bombing a ‘Tragedy whether than a Terrorist Attack!’ Axelrod: Obama Thinks Boston Bombings Could Be Related to 'Tax Day' Hilarious, what’s amazing how fast they were able to get a Photo of Obama on the Phone!!
I'm sure you picked this up but, who's effected by "tax day"? Taxpayers. And who are the taxpayers? Well, like I said, you picked it up.

Orlando, FL

#888656 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol and Nobama gone or new names?
I'm right here. Had to register with a new name - the last one, thankfully.

Not sure what happened to John Galt/Nobama. He just disappeared rather suddenly. Hope he's okay.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888657 Apr 16, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll call you, if I need you.
Jerry Sandusky thinks this is a dating site
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888658 Apr 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm right here. Had to register with a new name - the last one, thankfully.
Not sure what happened to John Galt/Nobama. He just disappeared rather suddenly. Hope he's okay.
Oh come on, he's nobamaredux, back to PA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888659 Apr 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I think there are some good reasons for that. Care to guess a few?
Publicly traded insurance companies and multi million dollar ceo salaries. Healthcare should not be a for profit business.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#888660 Apr 16, 2013
carol wrote:
Step it up troops! Only 185 users on topix right now. If this continues, God knows how much longer it's going to take us to take this glorious country back to the 1950's, where we all know it belongs.
If you're honest and have a decent bone in your whole body, that is.
God Bless victims and their families everywhere!
Whoa, how does topix count viewers, there are presently 129 on the Orlando Forum, and 190 on the US Politics Forum.

Orlando, FL

#888661 Apr 16, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
OBAMACARE IMPLODING
I know you think the C-Span Channel that broadcasts all those Congressional hearings is boring, but, really, you should have been around
to watch the Senate Finance Committee's hearing Wednesday on the Affordable Health Care Insurance Oversight.
You haven't seen so many faces of misery since you watched Les Miserables for three and a half hours...and they were all Democrats. And one of them, Senator Max Baucus, was the primary sponsor of Obamacare in the Senate!
It seems that Nancy Pelosi was right; you DO have to pass Obamacare to find out what's in it...and the Democrats are now learning what the Republicans warned them about. It's an unworkable mess that is throwing millions of Americans off the health care rolls!
Apparently, tens of thousands of American employers began throwing workers off their health care plans and opting to pay the much lower
federal fine for not offering health care for their workers. Thousands more are even now converting their full time workers to part time workers by limiting working hours per week to less than 30, in compliance with Obamacare rules. Remember when Paul Ryan and the Republicans predicted employers would do this? Remember when Democrats were warned that employers would move to save operating expenses by moving their entire work force into federal healthcare exchanges?
Now, these workers who have lost their health care benefits are busy trying to sign up for state health care exchanges. However, when
these American workers, soon to be without employee provided health care, go to the Health Exchange to sign up, they are finding they are not
qualified! It seems that during the signup process, applicants are required to fill in various income and benefit data, which then flows over to IRS computers who then are to spit out what your premium costs will be and how
much federal tax credits you'll receive in order to receive subsidies to help you afford health care premiums that are as much as 30% more than you were paying under your employer’s plan!
Big Problem! The IRS is only allowing somewhere around 9% subsidy support for Obamacare Health care Exchange premiums that are priced so much higher than the worker was paying under his employer plan!
Second Big Problem! The IRS computers won't mate up with the Health Care Exchange computers because the IRS computer system is obsolete! So when
workers try to sign up for Obamacare the IRS and the Health Exchanges are telling applicants to go to pound sand!
And so fireworks really broke out at the Finance Committee hearings on Obamacare yesterday afternoon. Senator Max Baucus,(Dem), said.."how could this happen? I'm hearing from my constituents that they and their families
have been left out in the cold and are without health care because the Exchanges are not accepting them!". Quote from Senator Bill Nelson,(Dem), Florida "my constituents are not going to be happy to hear this administration failed to implement the necessary changes to accommodate
health care applicants...someone has to pay for this!" Similar outrage was professed by Senator Ron Wyden (Dem) from Oregon.
Sadly, Obama Program Director for the Health care Affordability Act was on hand to lend testimony. All he could seem to do was sympathize with his
Democratic buddies, saying that maybe the problems could be ironed out by the end of 2014 but could offer no ideas about how that could be done.
An Update! This morning a Harvard economics professor came on CNBC and announced that, according to a federal study his group just completed, the Health and Human Services Secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, is going to be
forced to come back to this same committee, hat in hand, and request $700 billion dollars more be allocated to Obamacare just to pay for those
automatically covered under current federal programs.
It wasn't a huge stretch to know this was going to happen. Connecting the dots stumps most Democrats. Oddly enough.

Orlando, FL

#888662 Apr 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Shame you for not crediting the anon author Nasara who posted this bullsht piece at the beforeitsnews site and elsewhere.
Kathleen Sebelius admitted they underestimated the problems with Obamacare.

Now, if SHE is willing to admit THAT, you better believe there's bigger problems in paradise.

So why do you always shoot the messenger? It's the message that's important. You might need to hear it sometimes.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#888663 Apr 16, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>No they didn't. They voted to authorize the president (Shrubnuts) to use force as part of negotiations, but expected him not to be an actual retard and return for another vote before invading a sovereign nation with trumped up evidence...as to your personal insults, no, no one has ever said that, and do you spend that much time staring at scrotums that it's your first response...as previously stated, you Gormless Old Pervs get crazier by the hour.
So then what is Obama's basis of Obama's continuing assertion of unilateral power? The Democrats could have easily defunded operations, end of story. Obama has had four years, so what's your excuse, Obamabot?

As far as name calling, you are the queen on this thread for that...

Pot, kettle, hypocrite...

Orlando, FL

#888664 Apr 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see Tagg or Track, or whatever his name is, Romney being interviewed in Boston? As if this is about him? Oh barf.
The journalist asked him how he and his were? Oh please, people are dead and wounded and they ask about effing Trick Romney?
I can't stand it.
What I can't stand are the headlines not reading "President Romney" in all newspapers and articles.

We'd be back on the right track already. Democrats would only be worrying about keeping their seats warm next year instead of having Obamacare nightmares about losing them.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#888665 Apr 16, 2013
President Obama on Tuesday called the Boston Marathon bombings a "heinous and cowardly act" and said the FBI is investigating the incident as an act of terrorism.

"Anytime bombs are used to target innocent civilians, it is an act of terror," Obama said at the White House.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...

Orlando, FL

#888666 Apr 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
nobamaredux and aunt betty lou or something like that; maybe Aunt Bea? Andy Griffith show?
Who killed Carmens husband?
Just tried to go with something similar to a few other former names that were also stolen to avoid any more possible confusion.

But I like having a green box. It's my safe place.

Orlando, FL

#888667 Apr 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
So then what is Obama's basis of Obama's continuing assertion of unilateral power? The Democrats could have easily defunded operations, end of story. Obama has had four years, so what's your excuse, Obamabot?
As far as name calling, you are the queen on this thread for that...
Pot, kettle, hypocrite...
We need a leader - not a reader.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#888668 Apr 16, 2013
Boy, 8, killed in Boston Marathon attack while cheering for runners

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/16/boy-8-ki...

I wonder if this kid can be used by the left for their agenda. If he could, you can bet Air Force 1 would be bringing his family back to D.C. like they just did in Connecticut when the moron & chief visited here last week.

What's that saying President Axlerod said?

Never let a good disaster go to waste?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#888669 Apr 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I think there are some good reasons for that. Care to guess a few?
Many of the other countries aren't plagued by the sort of poverty and illiteracy found in places like your hometown of Appalachia?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#888670 Apr 16, 2013
U.S. Practiced Torture Post-9/11

The U.S. tortured people. A nonpartisan, 577-page report on the United States’ interrogation program concludes that “it is indisputable that the United States engaged in the practice of torture,” and that top officials were responsible for it. The 11-member panel was organized by the Constitution Project and was led by two former members of Congress: a Republican, Asa Hutchinson, and a Democrat, James Jones. The report confirms that waterboarding was more widespread, and was practiced against Libyan militants as well as Al Qaeda prisoners. Torture also damaged the U.S.’s standing in the world and risked the safety of U.S. troops.“As long as the debate continues, so too does the possibility that the United States could again engage in torture,” says the report.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2013/04/1...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#888671 Apr 16, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Kathleen Sebelius admitted they underestimated the problems with Obamacare.
Now, if SHE is willing to admit THAT, you better believe there's bigger problems in paradise.
So why do you always shoot the messenger? It's the message that's important. You might need to hear it sometimes.
Anonymous poster Nasaras was the messenger and the message was homestyle bullshyte which Nobama stole from a crap blog site.

Orlando, FL

#888672 Apr 16, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Saudis are far from black.
If you called a Saudi man "black" in Saudi Arabia, you would be swiftly stoned to death.
John Galt? Is this you? Sure hope so. Wondered where you went.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#888673 Apr 16, 2013
The economic news in America has gone from bad to worse.

First, we found out the jobs numbers are collapsing. Then retail sales figures were released- they show across the board contraction.

Next, we found out U.S. business inventory figures were a disappointment.

Finally, consumer confidence not only collapsed, but it was the largest miss from expectations in U.S. economic history

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 58 min the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 2 hr lucy 2
chief keef 2 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••