Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#888590 Apr 16, 2013
Lily,
You are playing with fire.
Ask me anything you want about opera. I bet you don't know who Kathleen Battle is.
Now name me the three tenors without resorting to google.
Hurry up, slow poke.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#888591 Apr 16, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not change the fact that Obamacare is unworkable, as intended, and the only alternative will be a government takeover of the entire system.
Another Obama plan comes together perfectly.
There's another piece at world nut daily you can probably steal too Johnny.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888592 Apr 16, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Killed by Obama's buddies, who recognize that the US is now weak and apologetic.
Meanwhile, Obama continues to murder US troops in a meaningless "war" in Afghanistan.
You've got it all wrong; the Saudis are the Bush's friends, remember how he allowed them to all round up and leave the country after 9-11? The Bush's were in business with the Bin Ladens, never bothered you eh?
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#888593 Apr 16, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, & this act of terror is a manifestation of said hysteria. People have been truly on edge for a good while now. You can see it on show it's ugly face on this thread everyday bro. It's the division of America that should worry folks more than what happened yesterday. We have people on this thread pointing fingers at political parties as the culprit already,! The professionals still haven't a clue as to who is responsible. Crazy!
The "professionals" at the federal level are now political operatives and will only arrest politically incorrect suspects.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888594 Apr 16, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always race with you guys.
Saudis are "white" but Jesus was "black."
Grow up.
Saudis are far from white
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#888595 Apr 16, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
How about Joe Biden collecting $29K per year in Social Security benefits while "serving" as Vice President?
Can a person refuse social security benefits?

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#888596 Apr 16, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> He led us out of Bush's recession, out of Iraq, through the deaths of the top 10 Al Qaeda leaders, into Pakistan to get Bin Laden, stock markets breaking records, equal rights for woman in the work place as far as pay, universal healthcare, & plenty more. All with republican obstruction from day 1 of his presidency. Let me guess, you voted for Romney huh! Give NE list of Bush's accomplishments. There are none!
The recession was shared bipartisan neglect heeding Bush's warnings of the impending housing market collapse in the years leading up to it. The Democrats neglected to heed those warnings more than Republicans.

So, technically, it was the Democrats' recession.

The War in Iraq was over before Obama ran for presidency. The timeline to withdraw was already agreed upon before he even took office. Removing the remaining stabilizing troops in Iraq too soon according to an Iraqi general is irresponsible. It could undo everything that has been done. Obama's going to do it anyway.

There have been laws on the books for a long time protecting women in the workplace. Nothing has changed just because you bought into the hype.

Obstruction is in the eye of the beholder. Both sides have to be willing to give and take. It's always been Obama's way or the highway. Harry Reid is like a big wall in the Senate refusing to bring budget proposals passed by the House up for a vote when the Senate hasn't even passed a budget in three years.

Your perspective is from the wrong angle.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#888597 Apr 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Two brothers each lost a leg, what are the odds?
Pretty high if they were standing next to each other.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#888598 Apr 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you going to sue him?
Surgeon was a her. If it heals ok and there is no permanent damage, no.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#888599 Apr 16, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Lily,
Ask me anything you want about opera. I bet you don't know who Kathleen Battle is.
Hurry up, slow poke.
Too easy. Try something a tad more difficult.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888600 Apr 16, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Lily,
Hurry up, slow poke.
Sock puppet go away; right is right, wrong is wrong, dummy is dummy and that's you.
I've been going to the opera since I was 12

Ottawa

#888601 Apr 16, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
GM should be forced to pay back the taxpayers out of the UAW pension fund.
Fool. UAW pension fund is insolvent. Bankrupt. Thanks to who? GM and lack of govt oversight.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888602 Apr 16, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Surgeon was a her. If it heals ok and there is no permanent damage, no.
Did she say it would heal?

Ottawa

#888603 Apr 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, Jesus was black. and a woman.
white folks are just a genetic anomaly that natural selection will fix in a few hundred years. can you just imagine a world full of folks with a permanent tan? though something tells me you can't, just roll it around in your head for a few and see how that feels.
"guy with a tan". Heard from Berlusconi on Obama.

Oh, BTW, Berlusconi is a conservative. Surprised?
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#888604 Apr 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You've got it all wrong; the Saudis are the Bush's friends, remember how he allowed them to all round up and leave the country after 9-11? The Bush's were in business with the Bin Ladens, never bothered you eh?
Muslims around the world know that Obama is their brother and will stand by them in the crunch.

In “Audacity of Hope” Obama writes:“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#888606 Apr 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Saudis are far from white
Saudis are far from black.

If you called a Saudi man "black" in Saudi Arabia, you would be swiftly stoned to death.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888607 Apr 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Can a person refuse social security benefits?
By not applying for it, yes. Or you can accept it and gift it back to the U.S. Treasury

Ottawa

#888608 Apr 16, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not change the fact that Obamacare is unworkable, as intended, and the only alternative will be a government takeover of the entire system.
Another Obama plan comes together perfectly.
nobamaredux wrote : "the only alternative will be a government takeover of the entire system."

Exactly what it should be as in all other 33 OECD countries. Know what's amazing ? Even with 50 million non-covered and over 100 other million badly-covererd (don't get too sick, folks...) at huge premiums, health care per capita in the US is among the highest in the world. Go figure.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#888609 Apr 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Can a person refuse social security benefits?
Absolutely.

In fact, you need to affirmatively apply for Social Security benefits.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#888610 Apr 16, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Killed by Obama's buddies, who recognize that the US is now weak and apologetic.
Meanwhile, Obama continues to murder US troops in a meaningless "war" in Afghanistan.
You Grumpy Old Pricks really are getting crazier by the hour, or at least you're showing it more frequently. That "meaningless" war in Afghanistan was started by Bush, and allowed to be hopelessly mismanaged by Shrub in his rush into Iraq, which after we left after trillions were wasted, is worse off in standard of living and moves toward civil war. It's not Obama's buddies--the bin Ladens and the Saudi royals were BFF's with the Bushes--it's Bush's legacy. If you're eight years old and some country invading yours for no reason kills your mom and little brother, you're going to hate them the rest of your life, and if you're living a life that doesn't have much to recommend it, you might consider going for a little revenge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Cracker Jack 90
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr red and right 187,430
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr red and right 52,897
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,715
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Whiny1 5,919
Important! 5 hr Vote 1
Dear Abby 4-27-15 6 hr mrs gladys kravitz 10
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]