Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275924 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#888422 Apr 16, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
The administration is proposing to extend a freeze on the income brackets at which seniors are liable for the higher premiums until 1 in 4 retirees has to pay. It wouldn't be the top 5 percent anymore, but the top 25 percent.
"Over time, the higher premiums will affect people who by today's standards are considered middle-income," explained Tricia Neuman, vice president for Medicare policy at the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. "At some point, it raises questions about whether Medicare premiums will continue to be affordable."
http://news.msn.com/us/medicare-hike-could-al...
It's much more astonishing to me that the left is so astonished Obamacare is a disaster.
It will be this president's legacy.
We know that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit Carol and you have a penchant for picking points that would tend to validate your views so it's not surprising that you missed this little gem in the article you cited;
"Fiscal conservatives say it makes no sense for government to provide the same generous subsidies to people who can afford to pay at least some of the cost themselves. As a rule, taxpayers pay for 75 percent of Medicare's outpatient and prescription benefits. Even millionaires would still get a 10 percent subsidy on their premiums under Obama's plan. Technically, both programs are voluntary."
Are you carrying the liberal flag these days Carol?

Judged:

23

20

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#888423 Apr 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Security level pre-9/11? Our current security levels and precautions are post.
Are stupid enough to believe that the yellow, orange, red, & whatever color system was implemented after the attacks? So before 9/11 America was operating with out national security huh! Well obviously because bush was incompetent, but we sure weren't supposed to be dumass. We were already being lied to about the outcome of the UN inspections. I remember. Those inspector never found shit no matter where they searched. Then Bush lied & said Saddam was moving the nukes around, but still never found them. All bullshit!

Judged:

23

23

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#888424 Apr 16, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
The disaster that's coming is already causing a lot of nightmares for democrats. It will go down in history as their and Obama's legacy.
Passing a 2700 page monstrosity without one republican on board, with the majority of Americans against it, and the democrats not even knowing what's in it? Seriously?
This is what liberals will defend to their last breath?
(Probably posted twice. Sorry.)
Let's go over this one more time Carol. The ACA is less radical than a plan proposed by Richard Nixon, essentially the same as one proposed by Robert Dole, built from a blueprint drawn by the Heritage Foundation and actually signed into law in Massachusetts by Mitt Romney.
But of course you prefer that Big Insurance could pick and choose who they cover and when someone had the audacity to get sick use every trick in the book to delay or deny coverage.

Judged:

23

20

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#888425 Apr 16, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
NBC - Virginia's restrictions on abortion could force abortion clinics to close and join a rapidly growing list of states making it more difficult for women to terminate pregnancies.
An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday found that 52% of Americans believe abortion should be ILLEGAL with some or no exceptions compared with 45% who believe it should be LEGAL most or all of the time.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/12/17...
Hallelujah!!
We might just reverse becoming a barbaric nation yet!!
Yes Carol, that's the right wing version of government staying out of our lives and private affairs.
You're an idiot Carol!

Judged:

23

20

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#888426 Apr 16, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have forgotten my income is supplemental to our family income.
However, we are definitly in the middle class. Since we had to pay back the government in taxes, even if it was a modest amount, I imagine our taxes will be one of the first to go up when Obamacare hits the fan and the rest of us.
On January 1, everyone brought home less in their paychecks.
What happened, Lily? Please tell me Obama didn't lie to us about that too?
HEY STUPID! The 2% payroll tax holiday was never meant to be permanent and neither were the Bush tax cuts.
You're an idiot Carol!

Judged:

23

20

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

#888427 Apr 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of idiots, you...
did not answer the only question I had about selective news from your side. I did not say it was just as bad. I was remarking about the fairness/corruption on your side when it comes to news.
As usual, another post goes right over your head, moron.
There was no selective coverage liar, I got the story from both USA Today and CNN. It was also covered by all of the major news outlets.
You're an idiot!

Judged:

23

20

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#888428 Apr 16, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
God bless the injured and killed today. Sad day for America.
It was yesterday dingbat, now go do your "DemocRAT" thing and take some freedoms away from law abiding Americans that were just minding their own business with your leftwing gun control.

Judged:

24

24

24

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#888429 Apr 16, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no selective coverage liar, I got the story from both USA Today and CNN. It was also covered by all of the major news outlets.
You're an idiot!
Selective Weasel!

CBS and MSNBC did NOT cover it, dumbass.

Zip, Nada, zilch.

You are an ignorant moron.

Go pass some gun control laws with your fascist agenda, in the meantime, Obama's Muslim Brotherhood pals wipe out people in an instant with bombs. You got your "leg up" as body parts were flying and an eight year old is dead. Hundreds maimed and injured in a split second, yet you fascists moron DemocRATS want to take guns & magazines from lifelong patriots.

The timing just highlights how misguided the extreme leftwing (that would be you and all DemocRATS) are.

You are an idiot, a poster boy for morons all over.

Judged:

24

24

24

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#888431 Apr 16, 2013
uh oh wrote:
Little nostrilfuckface up all night bearing his old man dk.
morning, lily.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#888433 Apr 16, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Are stupid enough to believe that the yellow, orange, red, & whatever color system was implemented after the attacks? So before 9/11 America was operating with out national security huh! Well obviously because bush was incompetent, but we sure weren't supposed to be dumass. We were already being lied to about the outcome of the UN inspections. I remember. Those inspector never found shit no matter where they searched. Then Bush lied & said Saddam was moving the nukes around, but still never found them. All bullshit!
Republicans seem in denial but do nominate candidates in favor of rape

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#888434 Apr 16, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Selective Weasel!
CBS and MSNBC did NOT cover it, dumbass.
Zip, Nada, zilch.
You are an ignorant moron.
Go pass some gun control laws with your fascist agenda, in the meantime, Obama's Muslim Brotherhood pals wipe out people in an instant with bombs. You got your "leg up" as body parts were flying and an eight year old is dead. Hundreds maimed and injured in a split second, yet you fascists moron DemocRATS want to take guns & magazines from lifelong patriots.
The timing just highlights how misguided the extreme leftwing (that would be you and all DemocRATS) are.
You are an idiot, a poster boy for morons all over.
And carrying handguns would have done what?

We know it was Muslims?
Lincoln

United States

#888435 Apr 16, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Selective Weasel!
CBS and MSNBC did NOT cover it, dumbass.
Zip, Nada, zilch.
You are an ignorant moron.
Go pass some gun control laws with your fascist agenda, in the meantime, Obama's Muslim Brotherhood pals wipe out people in an instant with bombs. You got your "leg up" as body parts were flying and an eight year old is dead. Hundreds maimed and injured in a split second, yet you fascists moron DemocRATS want to take guns & magazines from lifelong patriots.
The timing just highlights how misguided the extreme leftwing (that would be you and all DemocRATS) are.
You are an idiot, a poster boy for morons all over.
....still more Hate America First stuff,
America in trouble, libertarians line up to show their ego centric hate for their own country.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#888436 Apr 16, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's go over this one more time Carol. The ACA is less radical than a plan proposed by Richard Nixon, essentially the same as one proposed by Robert Dole, built from a blueprint drawn by the Heritage Foundation and actually signed into law in Massachusetts by Mitt Romney.
But of course you prefer that Big Insurance could pick and choose who they cover and when someone had the audacity to get sick use every trick in the book to delay or deny coverage.
Good post!
Libertarians have to post from their government jobs

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#888437 Apr 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
....still more Hate America First stuff,
America in trouble, libertarians line up to show their ego centric hate for their own country.
Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit. The poster never stated that they hated America. Only the fascist policies of the democratic party, but to liberals, any disagreement with their positions is automatically labeled as hating America or racist, as they cannot defend their policies with reasonable facts.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#888439 Apr 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslim Brotherhood occupies both Cairo and the White House.
So now this slur slinging POS goes back to the old " Obama is a Muslim" lie.

Just how GD stupid are you?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#888440 Apr 16, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
As you say, "It's impossible to protect an entire big city marathon route." and I agree. But when it comes to 9/11, G.W. Bush was somehow at fault because he didn't protect New York City. Double standard by half-wits.
That's what half-wits do best. That, and hypocricy.

Example of based on the "half-wit double standard" of....

How could the current POTUS just have sat back and let these events just happen yesterday?

Hoping the evil-doers will soon be rounded up.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#888441 Apr 16, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
As you say, "It's impossible to protect an entire big city marathon route." and I agree. But when it comes to 9/11, G.W. Bush was somehow at fault because he didn't protect New York City. Double standard by half-wits.
Here is why Might Dumb Builder is such an azzhole.

Police did try to protect what they could for the marathon. There were lots of police present & an effort was made to provide security.

George W Bush IGNORED reports, IGNORED warnings & Did NOTHING.

My God you're an idiot.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#888442 Apr 16, 2013
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama Says Boston Bomber(s) Will Be Found And Punished.
Didnít we hear this exact same LIE from the Obama Administration concerning Benghazi? Of course we did.
And who was that guy that stood on the rubble of 9-11 & vowed justice & then a few years later call Bin Laden irrelevant & quit looking.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#888443 Apr 16, 2013
gene the dancing machine wrote:
Barry does not want to call it a terrorist attack because the chances are VERY good that some of his muslim homeys were behind it.
Rudimentary bombs of shrapnel type wound inflictors aint looking too good.

Low life Dirtbags, who ever they are.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#888444 Apr 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is why Might Dumb Builder is such an azzhole.
Police did try to protect what they could for the marathon. There were lots of police present & an effort was made to provide security.
George W Bush IGNORED reports, IGNORED warnings & Did NOTHING.
My God you're an idiot.
Why wasn't anything intercepted about these bomb placements at the finish line of the marathon yesterday?
A four hour monitering time frame, monitering in a 26 miles radius, is quite different from YEARS, monitering globally.

Why was the possibibility of terrorism ignored, and nothing done (especially in an even smaller area of finish line) to prevent this from happening?)
WTH were we doing in Benghazi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 197,039
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 43 min Red_Forman 6,419
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min IBdaMann 54,515
DONALD TRUMP REVEALED as NIGERIAN PRINCE ! ..bi... 12 hr TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 1
Loan shark, loan lender, Apply for loan offer 12 hr MonicaJ 1
Fast loan needed for urgent purpose?. Apply now. (Apr '14) 12 hr MonicaJ 2
Hillary fires up crowd in Iowa. 18 hr Pianolegs blows GAS 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages