Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
816,401 - 816,420 of 1,082,539 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure can. By keeping my mouth shut rather than coming up with dumbazzed jokes like that one.
so you're a stick in the mud with no sense of humor?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
A true Republican you are, meaning you play fast and loose with history.
To begin, there were terror attacks under Reagan such as the Achille Lauro incident and Pan Am bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland.
The first atttack on the Twin Towers occurred in February, 1993 just five weeks into Clinton's first term.
Using your logic, that means Reagan and GHW Bush were responsible.
Clinton had no advance knowledge of 9-11, nor of the attacks on the African embassies or USS Cole. I might add, the Navy was fully aware of the risks in having the Cole where it was.
Bush was warned by Tenet five weeks before 9-11 struck and did nothing. Did Clinton freeze Bush's brain? Something must have.
<quoted text>
Strictly your opinion. I would argue Bush's two unfinished wars, doubling of the national debt and the Republican Party's failure to rein in the banks created a point of no return.
Bush was warned of what? Tell us, exactly what the warning was , what would happen and where?

Tell us where in our history the bad guys were willing to die ?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the circumstances, doesn't it?
<quoted text>
Under Clinton, the repeal of Glass-Steagall Act was passed by a GOP majority in Congress. Yes, Clinton signed off on it. But we all know why the GOP deregulates in this fashion, which is to turn loose the business wolves on the public. The Jeff Skillings of this world, so to speak.
The Republican congress of that period also passed legislation which grossly weakened accounting standards, allowing corporations to play fast and loose with their financial reports. This led to the Enron, Tyco and Worldcom meltdowns.
They also pressured the Clinton administration so heavily in pursuit of their agenda, they shut down the government at one point. Not to mention constant investigations of Clinton which went nowhere.
Merely your ill informed opinion. No where was the "public" forced to give one dime to any bank.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Education for ignorant libs tonight:

The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown

by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.

Something for nothing, the libs have been using it for decades.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read Fletcher Prouty's "The Secret Team" which I am slowly and painfully grinding my way through.
Prouty, a former USAF focal point officer (coordinated with the CIA in black ops) had both an intimate knowledge of CIA covert operations and knew many of the top officials within the agency.
Much of the secrecy surrounding the CIA is not for the purpose of national security, but to shield it from revelation of its criminal activities.
Prouty further makes the case that the agency has its own agenda. Many of the presidential advisors in State, Defense and the Pentagon are Agency assets pretending to be independent voices of reason.
OK, what has your hero Oblamer done to rein them in? Many countries do what is best for their countries, only in this country do liberals expect us to do what is best for other people, not us. This will be the ruin of this country, libs refuse to see it. Deny it.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the circumstances, doesn't it?
<quoted text>
Under Clinton, the repeal of Glass-Steagall Act was passed by a GOP majority in Congress. Yes, Clinton signed off on it. But we all know why the GOP deregulates in this fashion, which is to turn loose the business wolves on the public. The Jeff Skillings of this world, so to speak.
The Republican congress of that period also passed legislation which grossly weakened accounting standards, allowing corporations to play fast and loose with their financial reports. This led to the Enron, Tyco and Worldcom meltdowns.
They also pressured the Clinton administration so heavily in pursuit of their agenda, they shut down the government at one point. Not to mention constant investigations of Clinton which went nowhere.
This present government needs shut down , it is out of control. Example-$90-100 billion wasted on green energy failures, many got extremely rich, taxpayers got stuck with the bill.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been thinking about it more in recent times.
Still, this is no justification for us to play world bully in the same manner as cold war Russia.
We have come a long way since FDR's Good Neighbor policy. And I don't mean that as a compliment.
I would love nothing more than for all of our troops to be brought home, neither party will do it.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read Fletcher Prouty's "The Secret Team" which I am slowly and painfully grinding my way through.
Prouty, a former USAF focal point officer (coordinated with the CIA in black ops) had both an intimate knowledge of CIA covert operations and knew many of the top officials within the agency.
Much of the secrecy surrounding the CIA is not for the purpose of national security, but to shield it from revelation of its criminal activities.
Prouty further makes the case that the agency has its own agenda. Many of the presidential advisors in State, Defense and the Pentagon are Agency assets pretending to be independent voices of reason.
You should read "Animal farm"
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... NO, I didn't!
WW I was the result of German militarism. They declared war on Russia and France, then invaded Belgium. European colonialism was not a major factor. The Balkan crisis was the key conflict, with Austria backed by Germany on one side, and the Serbs backed by Russia on the other. With France allied to Russia by a defensive alliance.
WW II was also the result of German militarism, although to be more fair, it was the Nazi political movement which brought it about. Very few Germans would have given Hitler their vote had they known of his plan to launch another European war.
European turf wars, we should have stayed out.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>The economic disaster would be partially under Bush, a few months and primarily under Obama.
In a pig's eye. As stated earlier, once recessions are launched, they carry a great deal of momentum and are difficult to check.

You would have us believe the 500,000 jobs lost each month during Bush's final quarter, the banking crisis and the raising of the national debt to 11.4 trillion was merely a blip on the radar screen. Something anyone could have dealt with in a few months.

Of course, this view is the height of dishonesty. I need not say anything more.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak.
I'm perfectly content with the 3 judge it's I received for my efforts.

"<quoted text>
I have it on good authority Dave and his goat's relationship would be strictly platonic, something about Dave losing his manhood in a steel mill accident."

No reason everything on here has to be so serious, it's entertainment.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
In a pig's eye. As stated earlier, once recessions are launched, they carry a great deal of momentum and are difficult to check.
You would have us believe the 500,000 jobs lost each month during Bush's final quarter, the banking crisis and the raising of the national debt to 11.4 trillion was merely a blip on the radar screen. Something anyone could have dealt with in a few months.
Of course, this view is the height of dishonesty. I need not say anything more.
Obama begged for the job, remember? He said he would fix it, remember? He said he would half the deficit, remember?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Just for Cway:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
At President Clinton’s direction, no fewer than 10 federal agencies issued a chilling ultimatum to banks and mortgage lenders to ease credit for lower-income minorities or face investigations for lending discrimination and suffer the related adverse publicity. They also were threatened with denial of access to the all-important secondary mortgage market and stiff fines, along with other penalties.
The threat was codified in a 20-page “Policy Statement on Discrimination in Lending” and entered into the Federal Register on April 15, 1994, by the Interagency Task Force on Fair Lending. Clinton set up the little-known body to coordinate an unprecedented crackdown on alleged bank redlining.
The edict — completely overlooked by the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission and the mainstream media — was signed by then-HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros, Attorney General Janet Reno, Comptroller of the Currency Eugene Ludwig and Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, along with the heads of six other financial regulatory agencies.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

For Bush's efforts he was called racist and that he hated the poor.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love nothing more than for all of our troops to be brought home, neither party will do it.
Lou, of all people, TSM has shown me the light. Or perhaps, better put, shown me the final straw which broke the camel's back.

That our Congress would make themselves exempt from insider trading laws is incredible. The passage of the Patriot Act under Bush and the National Defense Authorization Act under Obama... the draconian anti-drug statutes which have begun to turn us into a police state... anti-gun laws in defiance of the 2nd Amendment... the GOP's endless support of big business crooks... the Democrat's failure to rein in Medicare... both party's failure to rein in spending... our hideous foreign policy... failure to rein in the CIA...

Lou, I've had it with the two of them. They've both betrayed us.

From here on out, I vote third party.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
Just for Cway:
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
At President Clinton’s direction, no fewer than 10 federal agencies issued a chilling ultimatum to banks and mortgage lenders to ease credit for lower-income minorities or face investigations for lending discrimination and suffer the related adverse publicity. They also were threatened with denial of access to the all-important secondary mortgage market and stiff fines, along with other penalties.
The threat was codified in a 20-page “Policy Statement on Discrimination in Lending” and entered into the Federal Register on April 15, 1994, by the Interagency Task Force on Fair Lending. Clinton set up the little-known body to coordinate an unprecedented crackdown on alleged bank redlining.
The edict — completely overlooked by the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission and the mainstream media — was signed by then-HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros, Attorney General Janet Reno, Comptroller of the Currency Eugene Ludwig and Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, along with the heads of six other financial regulatory agencies.
Lou, I may get around to researching this. However, 1994 is not 2004. The lending standards of the banks did not decline under Clinton like they did under Bush. And Democrats were a minority in Congress at that point.

I've said this a million times... the banks volunatarily made bad loans knowing they'd keep the payments and get the property by default as well, which was good in a time of rising real estate value.

The game blew up in their faces when the supply of housing peaked and demand fell. Home prices dropped and the banks now suddenly had thousands of homes below market value.

Please... please... please... try to remember this.

But suffice to say, I give up on both Parties. A plague on both their houses.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama begged for the job, remember? He said he would fix it, remember? He said he would half the deficit, remember?
Lou, they all promise the moon when they run for office.

Regardless, in my opinion, the Bush years were an irreversible turning point for the worse.

But suffice to say, my defense of the Democrat Party seems an increasingly usless exercise. At best, it is a defense of the lesser of two evils. They're both jerks.

For example, U.S. support of Israel. What do we taxpayers and the Israelis get out of it?

I'll tell you what. The Israelis get 3 billion in foreign aid and a blank check of unlimited military suppport.

What do we get in return? Enemies.
World Champion

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Hey is Bazooka Joe protected under the 2nd ammendment? This could be a hell of a court battle as joe had his bazooka many milleniums before all this crybabies we are the world crap.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

They ask, "Why don't they like us? Why don't they vote with the republicans". We respond, "Because we know what you think of us and feel about us."

http://globalgrind.com/news/port-canaveral-po...
DEATH

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

YOU SILLY KIDS. I'M GOING TO DESTROY YOU. I TOLD YOU BEFORE.... BUT YOU DON'T LISTEN. WELL HEAR ME NOW... THIS THREAD... IS DEAD. IF YOU MAKE THE MISTAKE OF BELIEVING OTHERWISE, THEN YOU'RE GOING TO FEEL VERY, VERY BADLY IN JUST A MINUTE... IT'S NOTHING PERSONAL, MIND YOU... IT'S JUST WHAT I DO. YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED HOW FEW OF YOU ARE LEFT? COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT. I LOVE MEN: THEY ARE EVER HOPEFUL OF THEIR VICTORY. TESTOSTERONE, WHAT'RE YOU GONNA DO?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-29 2 min edogxxx 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min wojar 174,981
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Terry rigsby 48,950
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min Eric 68,423
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 13 min hearon 3,837
Am 7-29 14 min Mister Tonka 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min ritedownthemiddle 45,854
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search