Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#888123 Apr 15, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? That's interesting; I think John Kerry was an excellent choice for Secretary of State. In addition, he is far from being an idiot.
You rightwingers love that war stuff, don'tcha?
Who would you have preferred? John Bolton? LOL
He's a clown who just told the world that North Korea doesn't have nuclear weapons at the same time a government report came out saying they did. he is a clown and these idiots running this country are going to get a lot of people killed. Plus they are destroying this country.

John Bolton wouldn't be my choice but he would be a heck of lot better than Kerry!!!
Lincoln

United States

#888124 Apr 15, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of Democrats are having some serious nightmares...
November 2014 elections are right around the corner...
But I really don't think Obama believed he'd win a second term by the time his plan to destroy the economy kicked in.
Payback is hell.
Nightmare is over as the republican lost, although the republican still are trying to destroy the economy.
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#888125 Apr 15, 2013
Sorry to have to be the bearer of such bad news by the WSJ and Fiscal Times today...

...better to know the truth than to keep singing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds in your head I would think...

Until we meet again...happy trails...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888126 Apr 15, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it , lush.
Hi Killer, just get out of the big house?
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#888127 Apr 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Nightmare is over as the republican lost, although the republican still are trying to destroy the economy.
The Republicans are sitting back watching the reality of Obamacare unravel. Not one of them voted for it, remember? They were told to be quiet and get out of the way...or something to that effect.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888128 Apr 15, 2013
Major Democratic financial backers, including trial lawyers and teachers, are gushing about Charlie Crist and his prospects for 2014. Crist has not announced plans to run for governor again, but polls show him trouncing Republican Gov. Rick Scott by double digits.

The lifelong Republican-turned-Democrat at this point looks like he could grab the Democratic nomination without even a serious challenge.

But oh-so-quietly, veteran Democratic fundraisers and strategists across Florida worry about another scenario: A Charlie Crist train wreck that would ensure a second term for one of America’s most-vulnerable Republican governors.

The wariness and even downright hostility to Crist’s candidacy is part of what’s fueling speculation about Sen. Bill Nelson entering the race.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/14/3344297...
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#888129 Apr 15, 2013
Pedaling, pedaling, it just became apparent to sources in the know that Obama intends to recess appoint Tiger Woods as the Ambassador to Japan and to SKIP OVER the Kennedy girl. I wonder what SHE didn't do? Just imagine if she were the Ambassador and was killed in a raid by Islamic insurgents on our embassy there? Then the libs would be jumping up and down like fleas I can tell you.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/03/opini...

I'm just dying to let you all in on the juicy tidbit I found in the Sun Times about Cal Ripkin's body being left to science. Turns out it wasn't a bat he was swinging after all! Wink, wink.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#888130 Apr 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> John Kerry is an idiot and should never been made Secretary of State. The United States is in the hands of clowns. There hasn't been this much incompetence since right before WWII. Wonder why now?
Surely you don't mean to imply that Shrub Bush, Condi, Rumsfeld and Darth Chaney were competent, do you? Even the Whites of West Virginia would find that lot to be a bunch of morans.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888131 Apr 15, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
Sorry to have to be the bearer of such bad news by the WSJ and Fiscal Times today...
...better to know the truth than to keep singing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds in your head I would think...
Until we meet again...happy trails...
Get back to us when you have some more bad news.

We're Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
We hope you will enjoy the show
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Sit back and let the evening go

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#888132 Apr 15, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans are sitting back watching the reality of Obamacare unravel. Not one of them voted for it, remember? They were told to be quiet and get out of the way...or something to that effect.
Perhaps the Republicans will propose single payer healthcare through taxation? Open up Medicare for all?
gene the dancing machine

Trussville, AL

#888133 Apr 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal's has never seen a tax they didn't like !!!!
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#888134 Apr 15, 2013
Oh look at that! Marco Rubio is backing a bipartisan plan on immigration! And they say we never learn to compromise. In the new plan illegal immigrant will be allowed to stay in Florida but must adopt names like, Richard, Sid, and Helouise. I knew we'd find a way to get it done.
gene the dancing machine

Trussville, AL

#888135 Apr 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
you retards and your boy messiah is destroying the country,you monkeyass retard !!!!
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#888136 Apr 15, 2013
Lord God Jehovah, save me from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...

Whether or not you take me today or next week sometime I am ready, Jesus..
gene the dancing machine

Trussville, AL

#888137 Apr 15, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
Oh look at that! Marco Rubio is backing a bipartisan plan on immigration! And they say we never learn to compromise. In the new plan illegal immigrant will be allowed to stay in Florida but must adopt names like, Richard, Sid, and Helouise. I knew we'd find a way to get it done.
their not called illegal aliens...their called un-documented Democrates
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#888138 Apr 15, 2013
gene the dancing machine wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously gene is not the grammar machine...
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#888140 Apr 15, 2013
I just called my daughter and told her I had a dream that she was pregnant again by Leon.

Lord God almighty I don't know WHAT this family is going to do with two mixed race children?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#888141 Apr 15, 2013
gene the dancing machine wrote:
<quoted text>
"Liberal's has"???'bama Bubbas has never seen a language they could mangle, but the only know a little of one.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#888142 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Hi Killer, just get out of the big house?
lily boca runs several behind her warehouse
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#888143 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Get back to us when you have some more bad news.
We're Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
We hope you will enjoy the show
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Sit back and let the evening go
lily boca, tuning up for Happy Hour

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min ritedownthemiddle 53,023
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Guru 187,818
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cold Front 69,793
College Scandals 4 hr music 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Red_Forman 5,947
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr Red_Forman 5,211
News 1 dead 4 injured in separate shootings across C... 7 hr reality is a crutch 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]