Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
816,361 - 816,380 of 1,079,668 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone else notice that conservatives are the only ones that ever mention animals as potential sex partners?
lily boca is a conservative?
NJ raider 1

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I knew that, I know about everything there is to know.
Did you know that both world wars were the European imperialist colonialists fighting over their spoils they stole from the rest of the world? India didn't volunteer to be ruled by Britain for 200 years.
The overall thrust of my argument is that there are always 2 sides to any argument, 2 sides to any war we entered. I believe Iraq and Afghanistan were mistakes, along with WWI, WWII and the Civil war, especially for those who gave their lives.
President Oblamer has not ruled out war with Iran, I doubt either of us will support that.
You don't rule out war with Iran when that man has publicly announced he withwipe Israel poff the map if he get nuclear capability. That's the only war in need of support by the American people. 1st Israel then America. He's been in opposition of America since he's took control.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Raider didn't say it was, idiot stick. He asked "Where in the constitution does it say man & man & man shall have the same rights as man & woman in regards to marriage?"

God are you a moron.

Speaking of losers, my bet is Raider has accomplished far more than you.

He is a better person. You are nothing but a spiteful, frustrated, imp.

Grow up.
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage of any type was not mentioned in the Constitution, Loser, and prohibiting felons from owning guns is covered in the Fifth Amendment. "This phrase is commonly attributed to the Constitution, but it comes from the Declaration of Independence. The 5th Amendment does offer protections to our "life, liberty, or property," noting we cannot be deprived of any of them without due process of law.
Marriage
In 2004, a lot of controversy began to swirl around the topic of marriage as homosexual marriage entered the news once again. In 1999, the Vermont Supreme Court ordered that the state must make accommodations for gay unions, bringing the issue into the public eye. Vermont created civil unions as a result. In 2004, the Massachusetts Supreme Court went a step further, and ruled that the state must accommodate not just an institution equal to marriage, as civil union was designed to be, but that gay marriage itself must be offered in the state. Subsequently, mayors in New York and California began to offer gay marriage in their towns and cities, citing civil rights concerns. Those opposed to gay marriage began to urge that an amendment to the Constitution be created to define marriage as being between a man and a woman only. Opponents of the amendment pointed to the failed Prohibition Amendment as a reason why such social issues should stay out of the Constitution. In the absence of any such amendment, however, marriage is not mentioned in the Constitution at any point."

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

KALI SPELL wrote:
Whoops, it just slid to 353 ...
Go ahead and make it 352.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Sure thing propaganda queen...

Researchers have found that suicide among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) youth is comparatively higher than among the general population. LGBT teens and young adults have one of the highest rates of suicide attempts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_among_LG...

Let me guess, you are one of the gross gay people.

Disgusting.
sonicfilter wrote:
10 Anti-Gay Myths Debunked
Ever since born-again singer and orange juice pitchwoman Anita Bryant helped kick off the contemporary anti-gay movement more than 30 years ago, hard-line elements of the religious right have been searching for ways to demonize gay people — or, at a minimum, to find arguments that will prevent their normalization in society. For the former Florida beauty queen and her Save Our Children group, it was the alleged plans of gay men and lesbians to "recruit" in schools that provided the fodder for their crusade.
But in addition to hawking that myth, the legions of anti-gay activists who followed have added a panoply of others, ranging from the extremely doubtful claim that sexual orientation is a choice, to unalloyed lies like the claims that gay men molest children far more than heterosexuals or that hate crime laws will lead to the legalization of bestiality and necrophilia. These fairy tales are important to the anti-gay right because they form the basis of its claim that homosexuality is a social evil that must be suppressed — an opinion rejected by virtually all relevant medical and scientific authorities. They also almost certainly contribute to hate crime violence directed at the LGBT community, which is more targeted for such attacks than any other minority group in America. What follows are 10 key myths propagated by the anti-gay movement, along with the truth behind the propaganda.
MYTH # 8
Gay people are more prone to be mentally ill and to abuse drugs and alcohol.
THE ARGUMENT
Anti-gay groups want not only to depict sexual orientation as something that can be changed but also to show that heterosexuality is the most desirable "choice" — even if religious arguments are set aside. The most frequently used secular argument made by anti-gay groups in that regard is that homosexuality is inherently unhealthy, both mentally and physically. As a result, most anti-gay rights groups reject the 1973 decision by the American Psychiatric Association (APA) to remove homosexuality from its list of mental illnesses. Some of these groups, including the particularly hard-line Traditional Values Coalition, claim that "homosexual activists" managed to infiltrate the APA in order to sway its decision.
THE FACTS
All major professional mental health organizations are on record as stating that homosexuality is not a mental disorder.
It is true that LGBT people suffer higher rates of anxiety, depression, and depression-related illnesses and behaviors like alcohol and drug abuse than the general population. But studies done during the past 15 years have determined that it is the stress of being a member of a minority group in an often-hostile society — and not LGBT identity itself — that accounts for the higher levels of mental illness and drug use.
Richard J. Wolitski, an expert on minority status and public health issues at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, put it like this in 2008: "Economic disadvantage, stigma, and discrimination ... increase stress and diminish the ability of individuals [in minority groups] to cope with stress, which in turn contribute to poor physical and mental health."
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone else notice that conservatives are the only ones that ever mention animals as potential sex partners?
Anyone else notice that Democrats have taken over as the largest group of pedophiles?
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

CISPA, the controversial bill that greatly threatens the privacy of anyone online, is making its way to Congress after passing in a closed-door vote by the House Intelligence Committee by a huge margin. There were no changes to the language to protect personal privacy. How is this happening after the internet so loudly cried foul, and why is it being ignored in the press?

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/what-priv...
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG STUPID! The Second Amendment reads;
“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
Get that Carol? A well regulated militia. And who regulated the militia? The government. The idea was that citizens formed into military groups in time of peril were preferable to a standing army.
You're an idiot Carol!
What an ignorant, uneducated buffoon you are. The 2nd amendment and the right of the citizens to keep arms was put in specifically to allow the people to have a means to protect themselves from a tyranical GOVERNMENT, the federal government.

What a stupid embarrassment you are. Now go read a history book, doofus.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cway… Your continuous Alibis/excuses just elevates Obama’s incompetents and removes all doubt or perception’ He’s In Over His Head’
This is your best shot? I lay down the facts. Unable to contest them, all you can do is mutter "alibis... excuses..."

By the way, I'm a bit more informed with regard to the National Defense Authorization Act. I no longer have faith in either of the two major parties.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What an ignorant, uneducated buffoon you are. The 2nd amendment and the right of the citizens to keep arms was put in specifically to allow the people to have a means to protect themselves from a tyranical GOVERNMENT, the federal government.
What a stupid embarrassment you are. Now go read a history book, doofus.
Its was the progressive Republicans too that stripped us of our 2nd amendment right on July 9, 1868 with their flawed 14th amendment which we didn't get our 2nd Amendment Right back Under US Constitution Bill of Rights until 2010 when SCOTUS used the Incorporation Clause of the 14th Amendment in McDonald v Chicago to Force the 2nd amendment down to the State level.

Incorporation of the Bill of Rights

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of...

The Fourteenth Amendment: The Framing of America's Second Constitution

The 14th Amendment is not only the most important amendment to the United States Constitution, according to constitutional scholar Garrett Epps ’91, it also effectively sets out all of the constitutional principles we live under today.

“None of the guarantees in the Bill of Rights applied against state government. States were free to restrict freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, and freedom of religion, and many of them did

http://law.duke.edu/news/1730/

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Amend...
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I posted 4 or 5 quotes made during the writing of the Constitution. I could have posted a hundred more. It is quite clear the people's right to bear arms was the subject of the day. Not a militia.
The militia part is a subordinate phrase, with the main thought being Congress shall not infringe upon the right of the people to bear arms.

So I agree.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Including the right to bear arms against a tyrannical government.
Hugo Chavez Obama will never leave office voluntarily, despite any Constitutional limit on terms of office.
Chavez's Party changed the Constitution legally which allowed him to stay in power.

I might add, Chavez is an angel compared to the Argentine military junta of the 1980s, the death squad government of El Salvador and Pinochet of Chile. The latter three being regimes enthusiastically supported by Reagan and Bush elder.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Real Dumb Dave desires to marry his goat.
Weak.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Leadass Lou, that would be 22% of his gross income.
You pay tax on your taxable income that takes charitable contributions, deductions, etc into account.
Then, you idiot, if you are in the top bracket & filing jointly, you pay 39% only on the taxable income over $390K, not the entire amount.
Oblamer is a phony, lying ass hypocritical scumbag who doesn't pay his fair share, stop denying it, you look like a fool.

Is he the only one allowed to take exemptions, tax breaks, etc.?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak.
can you do better?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Chavez's Party changed the Constitution legally which allowed him to stay in power.
I might add, Chavez is an angel compared to the Argentine military junta of the 1980s, the death squad government of El Salvador and Pinochet of Chile. The latter three being regimes enthusiastically supported by Reagan and Bush elder.
Not true, they were just better than having the communists take over and enslave the majority of the people. Like in Cuba, N. Korea, Viet Nam, etc.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I knew that, I know about everything there is to know.
Did you know that both world wars were the European imperialist colonialists fighting over their spoils they stole from the rest of the world?
LOL... NO, I didn't!

WW I was the result of German militarism. They declared war on Russia and France, then invaded Belgium. European colonialism was not a major factor. The Balkan crisis was the key conflict, with Austria backed by Germany on one side, and the Serbs backed by Russia on the other. With France allied to Russia by a defensive alliance.

WW II was also the result of German militarism, although to be more fair, it was the Nazi political movement which brought it about. Very few Germans would have given Hitler their vote had they known of his plan to launch another European war.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have it on good authority Dave and his goat's relationship would be strictly platonic, something about Dave losing his manhood in a steel mill accident.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Case closed? Surely you jest and surely we want to know why you're leaving out president Oblamer and his so far $6 trillion in new debt.
Let me write it out:
$6,000,000,000,000 in new debt, so far.
PS, Clinton was indeed restrained by a republican congress, wisely he didn't fight it too much, he was practical and not the rigid ideologue Oblamer is.
Obama's debt was compelled by the economic disaster your chimp left behind.

Case closed.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You don't rule out war with Iran when that man has publicly announced he withwipe Israel poff the map if he get nuclear capability. That's the only war in need of support by the American people. 1st Israel then America. He's been in opposition of America since he's took control.
I agree, but by liberal logic, it's none of our business, just like Iraq. Right?

Who from your family will sign up to go to war with Iran?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 min voice of peace 67,928
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 2 hr joey 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 4 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 4 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 5 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••