Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,817)

Showing posts 816,321 - 816,340 of1,071,381
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

In January 2011, shortly after Gosnell was charged, Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams told CNN,“It was a house of horrors beyond any type of definition or explanation I can humbly try to give.”

Keeping Them Honest, the question is how did these alleged practices go on with no one stopping it? Tonight you’ll see how the grand jury laid out several oversight failures over two decades.

One glaring example in its report details a former employee of Gosnell who filed a complaint with the State Board of Medicine and exposed “the whole scope of his operation: the unclean, unsterile conditions; the unlicensed workers; the unsupervised sedations; the underage abortion patients; even the over-prescribing of pain pills with high resale value on the street.”

It turns out in 2010, the FBI raided Gosnell’s facility after reports that painkillers were being improperly distributed. But what they allegedly found was much more gruesome.

Anderson Cooper

For two decades the doctor engaged in unsafe practices in his abortion clinic and later it was found that he has cutting the throats of babies who were born alive, but no one from State Health inspected the facility.

A woman died at his clinic from an overdose in pain killers.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it a rest, Lily. There has never been a bloc of Republicans against civil rights like the southern democrat bloc - ever - at any time in history.
As long as you realize the Southern Democrats were a totally different creature than Liberal Democrats of the Northeast.

Following Goldwater's anti-Civil Rights speech in 1964, the Southern states began shifting to the Republican camp. By the mid-1980s, it was a solid GOP block.

Are you trying to make the case that those racist attitudes magically disapppeared once they joined the GOP?

Surely you're not that stupid.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cway of course we can use’ Liberal Logic’ Clinton is responsible for 9/11!! Bush was in Office for only 8 month Obama’s been in Office for over 4 years and Liberals still blaming Bush for Obama’s Economy…You do agree 9/11 was Clinton Fault…Right!!
The recession started 15months before Obana took office.

We do't blame Bush or 9-11. We blame him for Iraq.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cway of course we can use’ Liberal Logic’ Clinton is responsible for 9/11!! Bush was in Office for only 8 month Obama’s been in Office for over 4 years and Liberals still blaming Bush for Obama’s Economy…You do agree 9/11 was Clinton Fault…Right!!
As I told Sappy Saphire, the amount of time the plot took is irrelevant.

The man on duty has the responsibility of stopping it.

Bush was warned by Tenet and did nothing.

As for the Bush recession, it was in full swing before Obama took over. 500,000 jobs being lost each month during Bush's final quarter. Banks in crisis and government debt doubled from 5.7 to 11.4 trillion during his two terms.

And you would have us believe Obama came into office with the nation in some kind of economic paradise?

Try the snake oil pitch on the lame-brains of your party. It won't work anywhere else.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

In fact, despite performing illegal late-term abortions, Gosnell's clinic still got no inspections or negative sanctions from the state -- specifically, the Grand Jury report stated, due to pro-choice politics, which demanded that, contrary to the law, no abortion clinic should have any inspections or scrutiny.

So the state looks the other way while a clinic operates unsafely and illegally and this is better than back alley abortions?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>NO friend, Obama has a prior history before the presidency of being for gay marriage perversion and he only came out in May 2012, because of North Carolina stance on marriage and $25 million in gay and entertainment donations he was about to lose in one week if he did not come out then. As for the Clinton's, Hilary came out for gay marriage perversion in 2008. Yes, all citizens have equal rights to marriage and your attempt to change that makes you the bigot. Perhaps, you want to stick to the issue instead of name calling. I assume that you are for incest, pedophilia and bestiality allowances in marriages, since your desire is to pervert the meaning of marriages.
Also, you might want to study the facts and issues, instead of repeating gay sound bites. I find it odd that so-called straights profess to support gays but all they do is repeat what gays say, which means that they are being led by gays and incapable of leading their own thoughts.
In case you are wondering, in 2008 and for 5 years now, I have done extensive studying on the issue. I have studies all the arguments that gays have tried to use and all the lies.
For instance, gays know that they are not born gay, the scientific evidence, conducted even by gays proves that, so what gays attempt to do is manipulate the blind masses which is a media trick.
so you lost those 5 years?

it's not like anyone who's sane is going to buy into your 'research'.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The recession started 15months before Obana took office.
We do't blame Bush or 9-11. We blame him for Iraq.
And ended four months after Obama was in office.
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the lamest of excuses.
What's lame is you closing your eyes and screaming "I CAN'T SEE! I CAN'T SEE! WHO TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS? OBAMA TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS! HE MAKES ME SO MAD...."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Researchers announced today that homosexuality isn’t strictly genetic. But before the homophobes break out their party hats to celebrate this as proof of same-sex attraction being “unnatural,” note that the study in the Quarterly Review of Biology argues that homosexuality is passed from parent to child.

The key here is epi-marks, which control how genes are expressed, and they just might explain the evolutionary stumper of why, if homosexuality is hereditary, it hasn’t been eliminated from the gene pool.

As a press release explains in almost comprehensible terms, the study finds “sex-specific epi-marks, which normally do not pass between generations and are thus ‘erased,’ can lead to homosexuality when they escape erasure and are transmitted from father to daughter or mother to son.”

U.S. News translates that:“A lesbian will almost always get the trait from her father, while a gay man will get the trait from his mother.”

http://www.salon.com/2012/12/11/study_there_i...

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> The person here that's clueless is you. If you libtards had a clue we could have fixed health insurance without the broad government over reach that is Obamacare. That monstrosity is going to ruin medical care and medical insurance in this country. The proof is out there but you libtards just refuse to see or believe it. Oh by the way I know exactly how it's going to work and it is nowhere near what you sheeple think it is.
You don't know sh*t.

Yesterday you wondered how the state were going to pay 10% f the subsidies for people to buy insurance when the states don't contribute to that part

You were too uninformed to know the ACA is paid for.

You have no clue how the exchanges save buyers money.

Adding 30 million to the ranks of the insured does not ruin healthcare. What a dumb comment.

The Republicans had from 1993 through 2006 to do something about healthcare.

What did they do about it????????

Not a GD thing.

So if you don't like the way Democrats tackled it blame your buddy right whiners for doing NOTHNG.

Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

By the way, I see Obama signed off on the National Defense Authorization Act a year ago.

Of course, it passed with the blessings of both parties.

Suffice to say, I'm going third party. The two major ones are both damned.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Deficit Hawks, Rejoice! We’re in a Golden Age of Deficit Reduction

There’s been no grand bargain. And you’ll never get deficit hawks to admit it. But in four years Obama has presided over a remarkable deficit reduction.

This is the Golden Age of deficit reduction. Really.

You wouldn’t know it if you listen to the professional deficit hawks, who have plowed hundreds of millions of dollars and countless op-eds into a fruitless effort to drive a grand bargain on taxes and spending. But it is. Policy is nobody’s idea of optimal. But nonetheless the gridlock of the past few years has produced spending restraint and higher tax rates. President Obama has proposed more of both in the budget he released on Wednesday. The sequester has just kicked in. And sustained economic growth, the miracle deficit cure, continues to work its magic. The expansion is now in its 46th month.

While the national debt mounts, I’ve noted that the primary deficit—the annual mismatch between revenues and expenditures—is melting away. Check out the March Treasury Monthly Statement, which was released Wednesday. In March 2013, the government collected $186 billion in revenues and spent $292.5 billion, for a deficit of about $106 billion. Pretty bad. But in March 2012, revenues were substantially lower and spending was significantly higher. Then, revenues were $171.2 billion and spending was $369.37 billion, for a deficit of $198 billion. From last March to this March, revenues rose 8 percent while spending fell 21 percent, and the monthly deficit shrank 46 percent.

Now, monthly numbers can move around—if a big tax payment comes in on March 31 one year and arrives on April 1 the next year, or if a benefits payment that went out on March 1, 2012, instead went out on Feb. 28, 2013. So it’s useful to look at the trend. The fiscal year is now six months old. And guess what? It shows more deficit melting. Through the first six months of this fiscal year, revenues are $1.196 trillion, up 12.5 percent from $1.063 trillion in the first six months of fiscal 2012. Meanwhile, the government has spent $1.797 trillion in the first six months of fiscal 2013, down 2.4 percent compared with the first six months of fiscal 2012. The deficit for the first half of the fiscal year is $600.5 billion, down 22.5 percent from $775 billion in the first half of fiscal 2012.

The last six months of the fiscal year are always good ones for the government, as tax payments tend to produce surpluses in April and again in September. Should the current trends continue for the rest of the year, we’ll be looking at an annual deficit of about $850 billion for fiscal year 2013, down from $1.089 trillion in fiscal 2012.(The Obama administration projects a $972 billion deficit for the current fiscal year, but it will surely be less than that.) Put another way, that’s $240 billion in deficit reduction in a single fiscal year—in the absence of a grand bargain. The reduction is even more impressive when you consider that in fiscal 2009, the deficit was more than $1.4 trillion. It’s hard to envision a time in recent history when the deficit has shrunk so much in dollar terms in the space of four years.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
And ended four months after Obama was in office.
Is this what I'm hearing from these loony libtards? 9/11 was 8 months into Bush's term so it's his fault but Obama has been in office over 4 years and the economy is Bush's fault. Libtards are SO stupid!!! The economy would better off if Obama did nothing. In fact I'm sure his policies and Obamcare are responsible for making it worse. With more to come.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

The 'Emerging Democratic Majority' Isn't Assured—Unless the GOP Refuses to Change

....Perhaps the next GOP candidate’s rebranding effort will combine immigration reform with a Sister Souljah moment on cultural issues:“I believe in evolution, I support contraception, there’s no such thing as legitimate rape, I like science, I think climate change is real, and I’m willing to compromise.” But even if modest changes are sufficient to keep the GOP competitive in 2016, over the next two decades the party will face constant pressure to revise its positions. Just because the Democrats might not have a permanent majority doesn’t mean Republicans won’t need to change to avoid becoming a permanent minority.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/112870/eme... #
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know sh*t.
Yesterday you wondered how the state were going to pay 10% f the subsidies for people to buy insurance when the states don't contribute to that part
Adding 30 million to the ranks of the insured does not ruin healthcare. What a dumb comment.
Not a GD thing.
So if you don't like the way Democrats tackled it blame your buddy right whiners for doing NOTHNG.
The only thing you spew is shit, libtard.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yep. You notice his handler who is never more than ten feet away? Can't be letting him get any capitalistic idea.
With the cost of golf in China that kid could teach capitalism at college level. The club his father belongs to costs nearly $150,000 per year.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know sh*t.
Not a GD thing.
ACA = oxymoron

RealDave = moron
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The 'Emerging Democratic Majority' Isn't Assured—Unless the GOP Refuses to Change
....Perhaps the next GOP candidate’s rebranding effort will combine immigration reform with a Sister Souljah moment on cultural issues:“I believe in evolution, I support contraception, there’s no such thing as legitimate rape, I like science, I think climate change is real, and I’m willing to compromise.” But even if modest changes are sufficient to keep the GOP competitive in 2016, over the next two decades the party will face constant pressure to revise its positions. Just because the Democrats might not have a permanent majority doesn’t mean Republicans won’t need to change to avoid becoming a permanent minority.
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/112870/eme... #
Perhaps that guy could challenge for POTUS but he can't make it through the primaries not to mention the debates.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
What's lame is you closing your eyes and screaming "I CAN'T SEE! I CAN'T SEE! WHO TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS? OBAMA TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS! HE MAKES ME SO MAD...."
Another silly response.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Then go get a job at pre-recession wages. No, the recession is still going on so stop lying. Or, do you think as idiot Obama does "we do not have a job problem, we have a skills and education problem and you need to go get more education in a different area." Duh, Obama, the hardest hit sector in the economy was banking, mortgage, loans and real estate, so mr. president you are suggesting that people no longer need housing, loans and finances? You are wrong, what Obama wants is for us all to become part of NAFTA and get out in the fields and pick strawberries, lemons, grapes and mangoes.
On the official records it ended May 2009. Four months after Obama entered office. So no, I do not feel the left can claim this continuing mess of an alleged recovery-that hasn't happened- can be blamed on anyone but the person who is in office.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 816,321 - 816,340 of1,071,381
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

94 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min edogxxx 97,426
Amy 7-10 12 min VAdame 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min baby 48,677
Abby 7-10 15 min Toj 9
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 34 min In Your Face 69
Chicago Democrats a Protected Species on the Na... 34 min bensley reality 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,533
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search