Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,813)

Showing posts 816,241 - 816,260 of1,071,488
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ms wheeler

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Ms Wheeler's son Ben was killed along with 19 other children and six staff when 20-year-old Adam Lanza opened fire at his elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

The address was broadcast on radio and released as a video online.

This week senators are due to debate new laws that will extend background checks to gun sales made at gun shows and over the internet.

The measures are the result of a bipartisan deal struck between Republican and Democrat senators last week.

Senators later voted to debate the legislation, but no new laws have yet been passed.

A White House call for a ban on assault weapons and a limit to the capacity of ammunition magazines that can be sold has not gained traction among lawmakers.

In a statement President Obama said Ms Wheeler's message was one that "every American should hear".NOW MS WHEELER WANTS TO GO AFTER Ms Wheeler's son Ben was killed along with 19 other children and six staff when 20-year-old Adam Lanza opened fire at his elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

This week senators are due to debate new laws that will extend background checks to gun sales made at gun shows and over the internet.

The measures are the result of a bipartisan deal struck between Republican and Democrat senators last week.

Senators later voted to debate the legislation, but no new laws have yet been passed.

A White House call for a ban on assault weapons and a limit to the capacity of ammunition magazines that can be sold has not gained traction among lawmakers.

In a statement President Obama said Ms Wheeler's message was one that "every American should hear".Ms Wheeler's son Ben was killed along with 19 other children and six staff when 20-year-old Adam Lanza opened fire at his elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

In a statement President Obama said Ms Wheeler's message was one that "every American should hear".NOW

MS WHEELER WANTS TO GO AFTER LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THESE KILLING!GO AFTER OBAMA WHO WAS BEHIND FAST AND FURIOUS,GO AFTER THE OUTLAW GANGS,GO AFTER THE OUTLAWS!LEAVE THE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ALONE!!!!!!!!!!
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

NBC - Virginia's restrictions on abortion could force abortion clinics to close and join a rapidly growing list of states making it more difficult for women to terminate pregnancies.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday found that 52% of Americans believe abortion should be ILLEGAL with some or no exceptions compared with 45% who believe it should be LEGAL most or all of the time.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/12/17...

Hallelujah!!

We might just reverse becoming a barbaric nation yet!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
Editorial pieces Carol, do you understand what editorial pieces are?

I know exactly no one who is worried about their own health insurance yet I know plenty of people who are panicking about other people's health care insurance. I call those people right wing mutts.

I know plenty of people who are busting their azz to grow their companies to fifty plus persons and no one who is trying to cut back to fewer than fifty because of Obama care.

I also know what a budget proposal is__it's a proposal.
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Total bullsht__where and when did you find that gem Carol?
While you're explaining to me what I'm not getting in the MSN headline, could you also include an explanation of what I'm not getting in this NBC article?

"Two new independent studies of health insurance premiums and health care spending indicate both are rising at an accelerated pace despite President Obama’s 2008 promise to contain those costs and his pledge that his health care legislation would reduce premiums."

Of course, you believe Obama and his spokespeople - as confused and befuddled as they are too about the coming disaster.

They have no choice but to keep talking and hope someone buys it.

Like snake oil salesmen. Bet you have a cupboard full.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Editorial pieces Carol, do you understand what editorial pieces are?
I know exactly no one who is worried about their own health insurance yet I know plenty of people who are panicking about other people's health care insurance. I call those people right wing mutts.
I know plenty of people who are busting their azz to grow their companies to fifty plus persons and no one who is trying to cut back to fewer than fifty because of Obama care.
You're still a very special kind of stupid aren't you Realtime? You don't know where you're going but are on the way...
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

12 April: LA SINK HOLE EXPLAINED & UPDATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

LA SINK HOLE: BLUE RIBBON TEAM EXPOSED

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Editorial pieces Carol, do you understand what editorial pieces are?
You:

"I know plenty of people who are busting their azz to grow their companies to fifty plus persons"

Baaaawwwaaahhhhhh!!!!!

What a flocking liar.

I personally know three doctors and all three say Obamacare is bad for the public and the economy.

You are an idiot.
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
Just a heads up...snake oil really doesn't cure anything. It's an intoxicant that makes you feel better until it wears off again.

I'd lay off the stuff if I were you. You're buying into the hype.

I'm telling you this because I care. Real medicine is bitter but it really does make you feel better.

Now open up and swallow...

"During Obama’s term, between 2009 to 2012, premiums have climbed $2,370 for the average family with an employer-provided plan – a rate faster than the during the previous four years under President George W. Bush," according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.

...and give the medicine time to work.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
If there in a Fail system keep them there…The dumber they are Better for Liberals!!
You're an example of all systems failed.

Is English your first language?
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
Jake Tapper wrote the NBC "editorial", who is the ABC News' senior White House correspondent.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me what's not to understand in the MSN headine:
"Medicare hike could also hit some in middle class".
You can be sure MSN is candy-coating the bitter truth too.
There was math involved, did you consider the math???

Do you understand what MediCare part B is?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Dylan Quick was deaf requiring dual hearing aids, naturally he was teased thus the home schooling. He was also batsht crazy, dreaming about stabbing, slicing, necrophilia and such supposedly from an early age. Some who knew him at the college said he seemed like a nice kid but was strange, sometimes carrying stuffed animals.
He was a big guy who used both a scalpel and an exacto-knife on his victims.
He would have easily passed a background check at a gun store or show but apparently had know interest in shooting. With two hearing aids that makes sense.
Oh my word. His mamma and pappy should have kept that freak locked in the basement.
Necrophilia? Are his parents undertakers or something?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
The administration is proposing to extend a freeze on the income brackets at which seniors are liable for the higher premiums until 1 in 4 retirees has to pay. It wouldn't be the top 5 percent anymore, but the top 25 percent.
"Over time, the higher premiums will affect people who by today's standards are considered middle-income," explained Tricia Neuman, vice president for Medicare policy at the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. "At some point, it raises questions about whether Medicare premiums will continue to be affordable."
http://news.msn.com/us/medicare-hike-could-al...
It's much more astonishing to me that the left is so astonished Obamacare is a disaster.
It will be this president's legacy.
At $15.00 an hour, I highly doubt you are in that top 25%
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

I’m sure Obama told the Wheeler family prior to her speech he’s ‘Fired Up’ and probably said ‘If I had a son, he'd look like Ben'
Since MS Wheeler put herself into the Political arena I hope a journalist will simple ask the question ‘ MS Wheeler ‘ What part of this Gun Control Legislation that you support would have prevented Sandy Hook and would have prevented your son Death!”
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

"Our fractured and fragmented health-care system will become even more so as Americans are further divided by income, employment status, and the type of insurance they choose in the exchanges. Despite the modest tax penalties, many will choose to remain uninsured, shifting the cost of care they may need to everybody else."
~Dr. Philip Caper

(Dr. Philip Caper of Brooklin is a founding board member of Maine AllCare, a nonpartisan, nonprofit group committed to making health care in Maine universal, accessible and affordable for all.)

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2012/november/obamac...

Dr. Caper's solution? Simplify health care.

But how could Obama's big government control us if he simplified it?

"If you can't convince them, confuse them."
Harry S. Truman (D)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Rand Paul like the rest of us thought many in the black community would eventually figure out the herd mentality hasn't helped them change the empty promises spoon fed to them by democrats.
The Republicans are reaching out and getting the right message directly to them, something we should have been doing a long time ago.
I imagine minds are going to change when they hear this message enough.
(The part about using the teleprompter...you probably shouldn't even go there...)
Right on cue!! Classic! I just wish you had the guts to go stand before your black church friends and spew this rewriting of history. Are all of you a bunch of lying fools? It's amazing.

Do any of you have a single thought of your own? Ever?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a heads up...snake oil really doesn't cure anything. It's an intoxicant that makes you feel better until it wears off again.
I'd lay off the stuff if I were you. You're buying into the hype.
I'm telling you this because I care. Real medicine is bitter but it really does make you feel better.
Now open up and swallow...
"During Obama’s term, between 2009 to 2012, premiums have climbed $2,370 for the average family with an employer-provided plan – a rate faster than the during the previous four years under President George W. Bush," according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.
...and give the medicine time to work.
One more time doll, until recently I was paying 100% of the cost for mine and my wife's private health insurance. The price of our premiums increased about $350 over the course of Obama's first term, from about $12,500 per year to about 12,850 per year. I've posted those numbers before and once again Carol I'm not hearing these stories from real people unless they've had to change insurers.

What was the increase under Bush in the Kaiser study?
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
At $15.00 an hour, I highly doubt you are in that top 25%
You must have forgotten my income is supplemental to our family income.

However, we are definitly in the middle class. Since we had to pay back the government in taxes, even if it was a modest amount, I imagine our taxes will be one of the first to go up when Obamacare hits the fan and the rest of us.

On January 1, everyone brought home less in their paychecks.

What happened, Lily? Please tell me Obama didn't lie to us about that too?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my word. His mamma and pappy should have kept that freak locked in the basement.
Necrophilia? Are his parents undertakers or something?
Not sure if it's accurate but it was reported early on that he was raised by his mother.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
"Our fractured and fragmented health-care system will become even more so as Americans are further divided by income, employment status, and the type of insurance they choose in the exchanges. Despite the modest tax penalties, many will choose to remain uninsured, shifting the cost of care they may need to everybody else."
~Dr. Philip Caper
(Dr. Philip Caper of Brooklin is a founding board member of Maine AllCare, a nonpartisan, nonprofit group committed to making health care in Maine universal, accessible and affordable for all.)
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2012/november/obamac...
Dr. Caper's solution? Simplify health care.
But how could Obama's big government control us if he simplified it?
"If you can't convince them, confuse them."
Harry S. Truman (D)
Simplify Health Care is the good Doctors message__his opinion piece was about the effect of health care practices on the health insurance market and how the insurers are giving us the high hard one with each and every opportunity.

Caper has penned several opinion pieces for the Bangor Daily News
since 2011 on the topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 816,241 - 816,260 of1,071,488
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,549
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min HughBe 68,119
Abigail July 9 2014 6 min Julie 13
lawer matthew .scott .vanderpool i need (Jul '11) 29 min freddy 19
Would you do me a favor please? 49 min Asking Nicely 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min Hetero 48,678
How does a gay person ask for some? 55 min DropDrawersBendAndAccept 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 97,427
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE