Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,813)

Showing posts 816,241 - 816,260 of1,034,241
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
I Come Covered With Yeast

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
So the public option passed and I just missed it?
Yep, the GOP robots keep screaming about "Obamacare" without realizing health insurance is still controlled by the private sector.

That's what happens when you let Rush Limbaugh do your thinking for you.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

HERMES wrote:
<quoted text>
A self-respecting baboon wouldn't read your illiterate sh!t, except to take a dump on it. Cram it, Unk! I'm picturing you beating off at your gubmint computer, like an agitated ape in an enclosure. Except that the ape has more dignity.
What the hell is a "tree jumper" and how did you become one? Did the shameless sock get confused with tree hugger and horse humper...is he ever anything other than confused?(Rhetorical question)
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
This is getting old. You're an idiot, we get it.
You're getting old. You're an idiot, we get it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
National and local conservative activists are up in arms because former South Dakota Gov. Mike Rounds (R), a leading contender in the state's open U.S. Senate race next year, declined to give total assurances that he won't raise taxes if he makes it to Capitol Hill.
A story published Sunday in the Argus Leader of Sioux Falls, S.D. quoted a number of right-wing leaders who expressed misgivings about the former governor's refusal to accept the anti-tax pledge, as well as his spending record while in office.
Rounds told the Argus Leader that pledges lead to bad governance.
“While we may know how we would feel about a particular issue right now, when things change, when circumstances change, a good legislator or congressperson should have the ability to reconsider their own position on an issue,” Rounds said.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
so being in touch with reality doesn't sit well with the wingnuts.
now watch the FOXbots go after that one.
Rounds will be castigated as a "RINO" and marked for defeat. There's no room for independent thinking in the GOP.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Calling Ben Carson's words 'hurtful, offensive,' Hopkins CEO brings clarity to debate

The letter from Rothman puts an end to the politicized nonsense stirred up by Fox News and Hannity, one of its most compromised hosts. Carson's words were not misinterpreted, and furthermore, his boss believes they were hurtful and offensive.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-04-05/e...
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

I Come Covered With Yeast wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the GOP robots keep screaming about "Obamacare" without realizing health insurance is still controlled by the private sector.
That's what happens when you let Rush Limbaugh do your thinking for you.
You forgot to include the silent majority that now regrets electing your robot leader, jizznose.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you think there was logic in there? Lets try it another way.
While black people vehemently reject being considered mentally ill, they have no problems regarding those who dislike black people as mentally ill or afraid.
Yep.
There is nothing wrong with being gay. But people who still have a problem with gay people, even with all the information available today, definitely have some kind of mental/emotional issues and/or are afraid.
You will all be regarded with the same shame as we now regard racists.
AGAIN... YOU homosexual bigots, seek to be another "hump" on the back of this black camels back... You deviants equating and using blacks for your deranged equality, you parasitic loser..
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the extra exposure. My posts are quite good.
The only post good as far as your concerned is the one that is shoved two feet up yours.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, you're threat of "steamrolling" anyone is rather empty.
California voters pretty much "steamrolled" over this issue already. It was predominantly black and Hispanic democrats who carried the vote. Asians and whites were both closer to 50/50.
Also, 39 states who had gay marriage on the ballot voted it down.
Good luck.
Perhaps you should start reciting this to yourself: God grant me the serenity to accept those things I cannot change.
You have no sense of perspective.

California is about to be overturned. Even if the court rules they have no standing, prop 8 is overturned. Even if they say there is standing but they choose not to rule on it, prop 8 is overturned. They only way prop 8 is upheld is if 5 justices explicitly uphold it. Good luck with that.

We won EVERY vote on the ballot in the last election.

So let's take some more states and put them BACK on the ballot. Let's start with my state, Florida. Let's do it in 2016 with Hillary running for President, supporting us. Please, let's do it. I may organize it myself depending on what we hear in June.

80% of people under 30 support same sex marriage. Do you not realize all we have to do is wait a few more years and we will have a national supermajority? How do you not see that?

You really should be ashamed of yourself as an American. You especially, because you're not one of these dumb-@sses saying bad things about gay people in general, so you should know better.

My marriage is every bit a marriage as yours. Deal with that.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was just measuring Obama by his own Benchmarks….He’s Failed!!
No, I think you're measuring Obama by your benchmarks. We know how that goes.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Racist scumfk, for sure.
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
The Natural Law of Violence In The Hood.
Got it.
(yawn)
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Breitbart Article Debunks Previous Breitbart Articles On Gun Control Conspiracies

The notoriously dimwitted hacks at Breitbart News practice a form of pseudo-journalism that reeks of ultra-rightist propaganda (or just plain reeks). They rarely bother to fact check their stories as was demonstrated recently when they published a false item about Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel receiving donations from an organization that, it turns out, doesn’t exist. Likewise, they posted a story as “news” that they sourced to site that produces satirical articles. And to make matters worse, they had previously mocked the Washington Post for falling for an article from the same site.

Today, however, the BreitBrats deserve credit for an article that accurately and comprehensively takes apart a collection of conspiracy theories revolving around a perfectly ordinary transaction by the Department of Homeland Security.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine that Gimpy McCain and Caribou Barbie had taken the reigns of the nation in 2009.
Oh, and it seems as though the right wing loons have overlooked that the baby boomers have created a nightmare with +/- 10,000 per day retiring-leaving the work force-going on the dole etc etc etc. It's not as though people didn't retire previously__but never at anywhere near at the same rate as the BB's.
But then many of the right wingers are lousy at math__history and geography too.
Please, I still have nightmares thinking about those 2 running the country.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is George W Bush is stupid. He might actually believe there are 57 states. Obama isn't. He made a mistake.
Get over it, you sound really silly.
stupid?? The consequences of you rimming.

In third-world countries, the drinking water supply often gets contaminated with feces, resulting in a disease outbreak. Homosexuals, however, get (shit) feces directly from the source via rimming, eating it.

Not surprisingly, the worms and microbes that occupy their digestive tracts span a good range of parasite diversity: Neisseria gonorrhea, herpes simplex virus, Chlamydia trachomatis, Treponema pallidum, Campylobacter jejuni, Campylobacter fetus fetus, Shigella flexneri, Entamoeba histolytica, Clostridium difficile, Giardia lamblia, and many others, including worms.

Just because someone does not like (homosexuals) steak, does not makes them a (bigot) vegetarian... moron..
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it, do you?
All the new jobs will be on the government insurance payroll which you and I and anyone who still has a job will be paying for.
hey, this might be a good thing for the chronically unemployed, the semi-literate, the striking fast food workers who've been on the job for 10 years and still make only minimum wage....they can all be Navigators for Obamacare (with probably about the same work ethic and IQ as TSA workers named Tamika and Shamika--the ones that let bombs through but pat down babies and 90 year olds thoroughly):

'See — Obamacare is already creating jobs

The Affordable Care Act will be made a bit more expensive because evidently those who sign up will have to be issued a taxpayer-provided personal red tape sherpa to help them navigate the treacherous and unpredictable “pass it to find out what’s in it” landscape:

Tens of thousands of health care professionals, union workers and community activists hired as “navigators” to help Americans choose Obamacare options starting Oct. 1 could earn $20 an hour or more, according to new regulations issued Wednesday.

The 63-page rule covering navigators, drawn up by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, also said the government will provide free translators for those not fluent in English — no matter what their native language is.

“The proposed requirements would also include that such entities and individuals provide consumers with information and assistance in the consumer’s preferred language, at no cost to the consumer, which would include oral interpretation of non-English languages and the translation of written documents in non-English languages when necessary to ensure meaningful access,” said the regulations.

The rules also addressed conflict of interest and other potential issues that navigators could face as the public’s first stop on the Obamacare trail.

It is still not clear how many navigators will be required. California, however, provides a hint. It wants 21,000.

That could be an expensive proposition. The proposed rules, now open for public comment, suggest an estimated pay of $20-$48 an hour.'
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN... YOU homosexual bigots, seek to be another "hump" on the back of this black camels back... You deviants equating and using blacks for your deranged equality, you parasitic loser..
Tony C stands for Tony Comeinmyface.
Reverend Al

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN... YOU homosexual bigots, seek to be another "hump" on the back of this black camels back... You deviants equating and using blacks for your deranged equality, you parasitic loser..
Flori-DUH!

Mah main man... how are you today? Rabid I see.

Tell us once more how Obama is not electable.

WOO HOO HOO HOO!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to include the silent majority that now regrets electing your robot leader, jizznose.
the silent majority?

did you get that from the 'everybody knows' site?

link please.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Tell it to YOUR butt butty! For your info gay dude, I'm talking into my phone so if the phone spells your instead of you're, who the fuck cares. That's just the defense YOU put up to get the topic off YOUR sadistic anal obsession. YOU'RE gay, & YOU'VE prayed that you weren't. Well here's gem YOU should remember gay dude. People don't pray to change good fortune into bad fortune, or something good into something bad. The fact that YOU'VE felt the need to pray is evidence that the devil was in the details from the beginning! Now go reopen YOUR book of faith & see if YOU can find some hope, because it's more than obvious YOU'RE thinking with YOUR butt, & not YOUR brain!
That was grammatically much improved. Good boy.

Find me a gay person born before 1980 who didn't pray to be straight when they first found out.

The problem isn't with us, it's with society making us feel that way. Including you.

Then when you learn better, you give thanks and praise for the life God gave you.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Applying for benefits under President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul could be as daunting as doing your taxes.

The government’s draft application runs 15 pages for a three-person family. An outline of the online version has 21 steps, some with additional questions.

Seven months before the Oct. 1 start of enrollment season for millions of uninsured Americans, the idea that getting health insurance could be as easy as shopping online at Amazon or Travelocity is starting to look like wishful thinking.

At least three major federal agencies, including the IRS, will scrutinize your application. Checking your identity, income and citizenship is supposed to happen in real time, if you apply online.

That’s just the first part of the process, which lets you know if you qualify for financial help. The government asks to see what you’re making because Obama’s Affordable Care Act is means-tested, with lower-income people getting the most generous help to pay premiums.

Once you’re finished with the money part, actually picking a health plan will require additional steps, plus a basic understanding of insurance jargon.

Oh come on, what could possibly be difficult to understand about this?

others have commented:

On April 4th, 2013 at 1:30 pm, SHoward said:
And notice the ranks from which these dweebs will be hired: You have to already be an in-the-tank liberal or you can’t get the job.

On a brighter note, however, there is one area of the economy the Choom admin has greatly increased jobs: every gun store I know has been busy, and many are expanding.

#2On April 4th, 2013 at 1:40 pm, rambler said:
Jobs program for idiots! Then those idiots will be as useful as a whistle on a plow. Yup, the clip-board crowd will get jobs which will require no skills, knowledge or intellect, so we can look forward to having them shut off the phones while they have one conference after another. Too bad sequester didn’t apply here.

#3On April 4th, 2013 at 1:45 pm, DesertLover said:
That proposed wage scale would go from a low end of $41,600.00 a year to a high end of $99,400.00 a year …

Now if we extrapolate the mid-point as an average wage of $34.00 an hour times the requested 21,000 “Navigators” in California it would cost us a mere $1,485,120,000.00 a year …And that’s just 1 state …

#4On April 4th, 2013 at 1:48 pm, RedDog said:
This is the nightmare that keeps returning and all the monsters have “Crazy Eyes” Pelosi’s face.

Since no one in Congress or the SCOTUS read the damm thing, at least someone should know what the h*ll is in it. Although a more appropriate name instead of “navigators” should be “boatmen”, as in Styx boatmen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 816,241 - 816,260 of1,034,241
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 43,013
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,124
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Frank 167,628
Abby 4-19 2 hr Mister Tonka 23
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr cheluzal 96,140
gay (May '13) 2 hr anthony23 10
Music Artists A to Z 2 hr _Zoey_ 93
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••