Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236452 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#887519 Apr 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I was referring to Rand Paul and the rest of your "herd" completely omitting the fact that those Dixiecrats left the Democratic Party and became Republican and still are to this day.
It's the GOP who is the party of white supremacists and racists, homophobes, sexists, xenophobes.
Tell me about this "movement" against President Obama's policies; and what are those policies specifically?
Gay marriage?
Abortion?
What does the Republican party have to offer anyone, other that the uber rich? Nothing. They use abortion and gay marriage to keep you in the loop because you're too damn dumb to get it. Talk about "herding", mooooooo.
You're STILL blaming republicans for southern democrat racists infiltrating their party and then running back to their own party when the civil rights issue failed to become a states rights issue?

Only one republican governor, Goldwater, suggested it be a states rights issue in the first place.

Southern democrats couldn't run back to their fellow southern racists quick enough as soon as they realized that wasn't going to happen.

Give it a rest, Lily. There has never been a bloc of Republicans against civil rights like the southern democrat bloc - ever - at any time in history.
DEATH

Orlando, FL

#887520 Apr 13, 2013
THIS IS NO GAME, SAPPHIRE. THIS IS LIFE... AND DEATH. YOUR EXTRAORDINARILY SIMPLISTIC MIND PUTS YOU SQUARELY IN THE CROSSHAIRS OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT VIEW LIFE AS A COMPETITION, RATHER AS SOMETHING TO BE ENJOYED PEACEFULLY. IT IS YOU WHO ENCOURAGE OTHER CHILDREN LIKE... KIM JONG UN TO PLAY FOTTSIE WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS BECAUSE HE CAN COUNT ON YOUR FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN... THE X FACTOR. BE QUIET... OBSERVE... WITNESS THE MYSTERY OF LIFE INSTEAD OF PRETENDING YOU ALREADY KNOW THE (VERY DARK) ANSWERS, WHICH YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT.

I'M COMING FOR YOU, "SAPPHIRE." I'M GOING TO TAKE YOU HOME IN THE VERY WORST WAY IMAGINABLE. YOU MAY NOT BE SMART ENOUGH TO REGISTER BUT, BOY, YOU SURE BOOKED IN ADVANCE.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DEATH

Orlando, FL

#887521 Apr 13, 2013
I FIGURED OUT WHAT MY MOTHER SCREAMS EVERY FEW HOURS. SHE'S YELLING, "I WANT A BIGGER CAR AND A NICER HOUSE!" WHO KNEW?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#887522 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
No. I was referring to Rand Paul and the rest of your "herd" completely omitting the fact that those Dixiecrats left the Democratic Party and became Republican and still are to this day.
It's the GOP who is the party of white supremacists and racists, homophobes, sexists, xenophobes.
Tell me about this "movement" against President Obama's policies; and what are those policies specifically?
Gay marriage?
Abortion?
What does the Republican party have to offer anyone, other that the uber rich? Nothing. They use abortion and gay marriage to keep you in the loop because you're too damn dumb to get it. Talk about "herding", mooooooo.
Besides, Lily, you just don't know your history when it comes to the black exodus to the Democratic Party.

In the years immediately following the New Deal after the Great Depression, a huge number of blacks had already moved out of the south to the north and west. The New Deal attracted the majority of blacks and by 1937 nearly all identified themselves as Democrats.

Look it up if you don't believe me. That was long before the "southern strategy" and the ongoing spin about the "dixiecrats"

I've learned a lot being on this thread. This was one of the most important things I learned.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#887524 Apr 13, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention another serial killer Gosnell who is on trail in PA for cutting the throats with scissors of living breathing infants on a delivery table. This is his interpretation of late term abortion. Slaughter them after birth.
so you're saying that making sure we have no more abortions is as important as making sure that those who shouldn't have guns have no guns?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#887525 Apr 13, 2013
TSM wrote:
Sebelius tries to blame GOP for Obamacare Mess!! Not one Republican voted for Obamacare, Let’s not forget, Pelosi on ObamaCare:“We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it” as we peel back the onion its Ugly…Sorry this is your Baby your Mess!!
Hard to believe...but true.

Well, actually...not THAT hard to believe. Democrats always find someone else to blame for their mistakes.

Always...always...always.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DEATH

Orlando, FL

#887526 Apr 13, 2013
HMMM... 145 USERS AT 3:30 ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON. CAN'T BE A GOOD SIGN. YOU DON'T IMAGINE YOU'RE "LOSING" DO YOU? PERHAPS IT'S JUST SPRING?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#887527 Apr 13, 2013
Liberals/Democrats the revisionists, but here’s a short History Lesson…Democrats oppose freeing the Slave, Lincoln freed them Republicans supported it!! That’s the short and long of it!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#887528 Apr 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He won't believe you. He lives in a libtard dreamworld. Actually he's looking for someone else to pay his employee's health insurance costs.
Wow, I have news,you lying POS f*ckhead.

I pay for mr health insurance. I am my employer.

The exchanges will permit me to buy insurance cheaper because I will be part of a larger group. NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS PAYING FOR IT.

Now I realize hat a GD dumbass Redneck like you is just too GD dumb to get it.

My God, you bitch about Obamacare & you don't even know how it works!

How stupid is that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DEATH

Orlando, FL

#887529 Apr 13, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> street-walking is very unattractive
ONLY WHEN YOU'RE USING A WALKER, DEAR. THAT'S WHY WE ALL LOOK AWAY. VERY, VERY SOON I'M GOING TO TAKE YOUR WALKER AWAY. THEN YOU'LL BE BEAUTIFUL AGAIN. TRUST ME.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#887530 Apr 13, 2013
Anti-Abortion Republicans Guilty of Outrageous Hypocrisy

Each week that goes by brings another attempt by Republicans to circumvent the law by introducing legislation that undermines Roe v Wade.

I do not care what your individual views are on abortion and neither do other women, or those in need of having an abortion. When you go buy a gun, do you consider what other people’s religion says on the subject? When you are having sex, do you want to know what your Congressman thinks about it? Nope and definitely not.

Here’s what I really do not understand about Republicans who claim to be for small government, for limiting the role of government in our lives. How do you reconcile that attitude with a stance opposing abortion? Congressman and failed vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) has this to say on government:

“The oath that all of us take is to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, under which government is limited and the people are sovereign.”

The people are sovereign, unless Ryan disagrees with you, in which case Ryan would actively seek to destroy the very nature of your sovereignty. How can he be for limiting the role of government and increasing it at the same time?

.....Republicans only wish to prevent abortion or talk about sex when they consider it to be politically expedient or in-line with their own personally held beliefs. To Republicans, abortion is about a deeply held moral belief concerning the sanctity of life which propels them to legislate against half of the U.S. population. But, when it comes to gun control or fiscal issues, Republicans paint them as fundamental attacks on our freedom, liberty, privacy, and the very document that governs us. But what could be more central to the tenants of the Constitution then the right to choose the course that is best for us in life?

Republicans claim to be the defenders of the Constitution, but the only thing they are defending is a way of life that has never and will never exist, while the rest of us suffer the continued erosion of our privacy and freedoms in the futile hopes that legislation against abortion will one day result in the America they wish to see reflected back at them.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/24528/anti-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#887531 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't have a paycheck; I pay myself and, my business is up 20% over last year. I'm not complaining.
That's nice. I hope you don't mind giving more of your business profits to Obama's "vision".

Yours too, apparently.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#887532 Apr 13, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually...not THAT hard to believe. Democrats always find someone else to blame for their mistakes.
Like your side blaming us for the debt and recession that occurred under Bush?

Like blaming Clinton for 9-11 when it happened under Bush?

You are the hypocrite of the ages.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DEATH

Orlando, FL

#887533 Apr 13, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL, IT'S A SORT OF BALANCE, DEAR. WE BLAME YOU FOR OUR MISTAKES WHILE YOU CLAIM TO NEVER HAVING MADE ANY. GO PAINT YOUR TOES, I'M TIRED AND CHOOSE NOT TO HUMILIATE YOU FURTHER IN PUBLIC.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#887534 Apr 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I have news,you lying POS f*ckhead.
I pay for mr health insurance. I am my employer.
The exchanges will permit me to buy insurance cheaper because I will be part of a larger group. NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS PAYING FOR IT.
Now I realize hat a GD dumbass Redneck like you is just too GD dumb to get it.
My God, you bitch about Obamacare & you don't even know how it works!
How stupid is that?
Republicans refuse to let facts get in the way of their opinions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SapphoInBlue

Orlando, FL

#887535 Apr 13, 2013
ALL I WANT IS FOR THINGS TO BE THE SAME AS WHEN I WAS A GIRL! CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#887536 Apr 13, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
A coalition of 1,300 black pastors will go to Houston for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) convention this week to host a protest against the NAACP’s decision to follow President Obama in backing gay marriage.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/black-pastors-t...
Rev. William Owens, leader of the Coalition of African-American Pastors, said he was launching a nationwide campaign urging African Americans not to vote for President Obama unless he withdraws his support for same sex marriage.
http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/08/02/black-...
Ruh roh...you wrong again.
Too bad that DaBammy can't seek a third term so the "don't for for" lose all of it's sting eh?

Ruh roh.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#887537 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Gay marriage?
Abortion?
Re-check your timeline. This is a re-writing of history

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DEATH

Orlando, FL

#887538 Apr 13, 2013
OOPS! ONLY 135 USERS NOW... WHAT DO YOU SUPPOSE THAT MEANS?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#887539 Apr 13, 2013
Did Obamatard commit Hairy Kerry to fix the middle east and N. Korea?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 189,878
abby 6-2 5 min mrs gladys kravitz 15
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min OzRitz 53,597
amy 6-2 27 min Mister Tonka 14
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 1 hr Grandma 54
Crime161 murders in 151 days in Chicago - 46 in... 2 hr Jeff Davis 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cheftell 70,044
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]