Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#887159 Apr 12, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It may not be. However the comma separates the two phrases. Separating people from the militia. But the people are the militia. One could even argue that it is everyone's constitutional responsibility to be armed.
The point is that the sentence is not clear. Those advocating for people to own nuclear weapons, tanks, RPGs & machine guns should not keep dragging out the Second Amendment as an absolute proof.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#887160 Apr 12, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, talk about morans...
Lots Of Liquor discusses herself
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#887161 Apr 12, 2013
Paul Ryan On Abortion:'We Want A Country Where It Isn't Even Considered'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/paul...
gfy ryan
lily boca lovesw abortion
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#887162 Apr 12, 2013
and maybe an extra "w" for George ...(Lots Of Liquor)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#887163 Apr 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So must the Pope & you right whiners. Access to free contraception drastically reduces the abortion rate.
You are such a moran!!! Why would I be against contraception? So does not screwing around till you are ready to have a baby. I don't feel that I should be forced to pay for other people's lifestyle choices. As far as abortion goes, if you want to kill your baby go right ahead. If you want to kill your future who am I to stop you. I will not pay for it however. I believe in personal responsibility. You must be ready to take responsibility for your actions. Otherwise this country and even civilization itself will not survive.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#887164 Apr 12, 2013
A party with ‘NO Moral Compass’ Another Liberal ‘Blumenthal ‘using Sandy Hook Tragedy to raise campaign cash… this is about as tasteless as it gets!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#887166 Apr 12, 2013
obammycare for illegals

Object Lesson:“Temporary” Amnesty Never Dies

By Michelle Malkin • April 12, 2013 09:37 Object

Does America lack “compassion” and “humanity” for uninvited foreigners? Quite the contrary. While open-borders activists rail against “injustice” and demand new “pathways to citizenship,” official U.S. policy rewards countless line-jumpers with permanent residency and taxpayer-subsidized benefits.

Case in point: the massive “Temporary Protected Status”(TPS) program run by the Department of Homeland Security.

In theory, as the DHS website describes it, the Secretary of Homeland Security “may designate a foreign country for TPS due to conditions in the country that temporarily prevent the country’s nationals from returning safely, or in certain circumstances, where the country is unable to handle the return of its nationals adequately.” Those conditions include hurricanes, environmental catastrophes, civil war, epidemics and other “extraordinary and temporary conditions.”

The U.S. allows illegal aliens from TPS-designated countries to live here, work here, be protected from detention or deportation, and travel freely. It’s essentially a bad-weather pass into the U.S. Whenever a natural disaster strikes, we allow legions of foreigners who entered illegally — mostly from Latin America — to stay here while their homelands recover.

In the meantime, TPS winners can apply for a panoply of other immigration benefits and protections and file for “adjustment of status” to pave the way to permanent legalization. In fact, the official draft application for OBAMACARE lists “Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and Applicant for Temporary Protected Status (TPS)” as an “eligible immigration status.”

Yep, that means you don’t even have to be a legit, approved TPS designee to qualify for Obamacare. If you merely filed paperwork to be an “applicant” for TPS, you’re in like Flynn! DHS documents are now officially pimping Obamacare to foreigners. And GOP Senate Budget Committee staffers estimate that covering illegal aliens could raise the cost of Obamacare by $120 billion to $200 billion in its first decade.

In theory, TPS beneficiaries are supposed to go home after their native countries improve. In practice, there is nothing temporary about these “temporary” reprieves for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens from around the world.

Last week, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano announced that TPS had been extended for at least 70,000 Hondurans and Nicaraguans “for an additional 18 months, beginning July 6, 2013, and ending Jan. 5, 2015.” Thanks to American generosity, these TPS winners have been here since 1998 — when Hurricane Mitch hit their homeland.

That was 15 years ago.

Another 250,000 illegal aliens from El Salvador first won TPS golden tickets after an earthquake struck the country … in January 2001. In addition, 60,000 Haitians received TPS after the earthquakes in 2010. Last fall, Napolitano extended their stay until at least 2014. Several hundred Somalis remain in the country with TPS first granted in 1991, along with some 700 Sudanese who first secured TPS benefits in 1997. Last March, the Obama administration extended TPS to an estimated 3,000 Syrian illegal aliens. Guatemala and Pakistan are lobbying for their own TPS designations.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#887167 Apr 12, 2013
John Adams recognizes the fundamental right of citizens, as individuals, to defend themselves with arms, however he states militias must be controlled by government and the rule of law. To have otherwise is to invite anarchy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#887168 Apr 12, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> lily boca lovesw abortion
last week the illegal alien landscapers did a terrible weedwhacking job on Looney Lily's plantation. because they were able to both "fit," she was able to legally abort them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Help

Brookland, AR

#887169 Apr 12, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
Where have all the lib'rals gone?
Long time paaass-ing.
Long time ago.
Gone to welfare everyone.
When will they ever learn?
When will they eeee-ver learn?
Why doesn't the left talk about welfare REFORM? It would solve so many of the problems - except they might lose some votes.
Of course, in that case, they will never learn.
(Now you-know-who will be posting shortly. He's been sitting up all night long waiting. I'll be back later on. Still haven't changed my email.)
So very true but wait until we don't have enough workers to pay for all to get that free stuff, even they won't be able to get a job, what then?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#887173 Apr 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The point is that the sentence is not clear. Those advocating for people to own nuclear weapons, tanks, RPGs & machine guns should not keep dragging out the Second Amendment as an absolute proof.
Roger Sherman, during House consideration of a militia bill (1790)

"Concieved it to be the privilege of every citizen, and one of his most essential rights, to bear arms, and to resist every attack upon his liberty and property, by whomsoever made. The particular states, like private citizens, have the right to be armed, and to defend, by force of arms, their rights, when invaded."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#887175 Apr 12, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
obammycare for illegals
Object Lesson:“Temporary” Amnesty Never Dies
By Michelle Malkin • April 12, 2013 09:37 Object
Does America lack “compassion” and “humanity” for uninvited foreigners? Quite the contrary. While open-borders activists rail against “injustice” and demand new “pathways to citizenship,” official U.S. policy rewards countless line-jumpers with permanent residency and taxpayer-subsidized benefits.
Case in point: the massive “Temporary Protected Status”(TPS) program run by the Department of Homeland Security.
In theory, as the DHS website describes it, the Secretary of Homeland Security “may designate a foreign country for TPS due to conditions in the country that temporarily prevent the country’s nationals from returning safely, or in certain circumstances, where the country is unable to handle the return of its nationals adequately.” Those conditions include hurricanes, environmental catastrophes, civil war, epidemics and other “extraordinary and temporary conditions.”
The U.S. allows illegal aliens from TPS-designated countries to live here, work here, be protected from detention or deportation, and travel freely. It’s essentially a bad-weather pass into the U.S. Whenever a natural disaster strikes, we allow legions of foreigners who entered illegally — mostly from Latin America — to stay here while their homelands recover.
In the meantime, TPS winners can apply for a panoply of other immigration benefits and protections and file for “adjustment of status” to pave the way to permanent legalization. In fact, the official draft application for OBAMACARE lists “Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and Applicant for Temporary Protected Status (TPS)” as an “eligible immigration status.”
Yep, that means you don’t even have to be a legit, approved TPS designee to qualify for Obamacare. If you merely filed paperwork to be an “applicant” for TPS, you’re in like Flynn! DHS documents are now officially pimping Obamacare to foreigners. And GOP Senate Budget Committee staffers estimate that covering illegal aliens could raise the cost of Obamacare by $120 billion to $200 billion in its first decade.
In theory, TPS beneficiaries are supposed to go home after their native countries improve. In practice, there is nothing temporary about these “temporary” reprieves for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens from around the world.
Last week, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano announced that TPS had been extended for at least 70,000 Hondurans and Nicaraguans “for an additional 18 months, beginning July 6, 2013, and ending Jan. 5, 2015.” Thanks to American generosity, these TPS winners have been here since 1998 — when Hurricane Mitch hit their homeland.
That was 15 years ago.
Another 250,000 illegal aliens from El Salvador first won TPS golden tickets after an earthquake struck the country … in January 2001. In addition, 60,000 Haitians received TPS after the earthquakes in 2010. Last fall, Napolitano extended their stay until at least 2014. Several hundred Somalis remain in the country with TPS first granted in 1991, along with some 700 Sudanese who first secured TPS benefits in 1997. Last March, the Obama administration extended TPS to an estimated 3,000 Syrian illegal aliens. Guatemala and Pakistan are lobbying for their own TPS designations.
seems like just yesterday the media was in an uproar when Joe Wilson called Obama a liar when he said ILLEGALS WOULDN'T QUALIFY FOR OBAMACARE.

Obama was/is the liar.

"During President Obama's major health care speech on Wednesday, South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson (R) yelled out "You lie!" when the President said the legislation would not mandate coverage for undocumented immigrants. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/09/gop-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#887176 Apr 12, 2013
Zacharia Johnson argued that the new Constitution could never result in religious persecution or other oppression because "The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them."

There are many, many more. It is quite clear what their intent of the second amendment was.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#887177 Apr 12, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>No, I would love to see you qualify this study. I am willing to look at something new, if it were true. What is the name of the study and who did the peer review. It mean since gay men have had a mortality rate of age 42, not counting AIDS and straight men were living to 79 years of age, I guess you would be proud if gay men lived to be 43. I can't help but notice that the study was not a US study and not done by the APA and it obviously was not done by the WHO. I guess you gays will take anything that you can.
Let me complete your study for you: Homosexual couples made up less than 1 percent of the study sample, so researchers cautioned that their findings may not be as representative of the population.(Not a valid sampling size)
Unlike the men, mortality rates have increased slightly for married lesbian couples, with rates higher than those of married gay men and heterosexual couples who live together. Researchers believe that it is because married lesbians were 60 percent more likely to die from cancer and six times more likely to commit suicide than married straight women, although the reasons why are unknown.
"Since the year 2000, same-sex married Danish lesbians have had mortality rates that are almost 90 percent higher than opposite-sex women in Denmark," he said to Live Science.
Suicide rates for same sex male couples were also higher than those for married straight couples.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57574052/...
IT IS OBVIOUS THAT I WAS ABLE TO REBUTT YOUR STUDY WITH YOUR STUDY. THE EVEN TRY TO PLAY GAMES OF OMIT AND INSERT WITH ME.
Are you too stupid to note the reference and google it for yourself? Don't bother answering that. The fact that the study was done in Denmark (also noted in my post) where gay marriage has been allowed since 1989, is another reason it is more valid than one done in a country where homosexuals are still treated as second class citizens. Don't bother trying to "rebutt" me--respond to me at all for that matter, Knock-knock--although it's commendable that you want to spout words that impress you in your community college class in social studies, they just don't impress me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#887178 Apr 12, 2013
SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
No one ever expects the very worst to happen. Until it does.
Being prepared for the worst is probably good advise.
Just my humble observation.

Foolish, condescending, obnoxious carol, if you want anyone to honor your observations, you should really work on making them "humble" and learn the difference between advise and advice--neither of which benefit from your use.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#887180 Apr 12, 2013
Paul Ryan On Abortion:'We Want A Country Where It Isn't Even Considered'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/paul...
gfy ryan
Jesus bless our babies.
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

#887181 Apr 12, 2013
Help wrote:
<quoted text>So very true but wait until we don't have enough workers to pay for all to get that free stuff, even they won't be able to get a job, what then?
Don't think Obama and most liberals have thought that far ahead. It's a pattern for them which, for the life of me, I don't think I'll ever understand.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#887183 Apr 12, 2013
MONTANA wrote:
Ooops, fingers on the wrong home keys ... "Even brilliant people are DRIVEN TO put their heads in the oven.
I almost sounded like NJBraider there for a second ...
Hope I'm interrupting the theater of the absurd just enough to make a future reader shake their heads in wonder ...
You can never sound like me. Regardless of spelling & punctuation mistakes, I'm real! You're no more than the author of a fantasy novel. Your opinion is coveted as much as the digested food we call waste, or the waste we call shit. You're ashamed of yourself, so you continually change names, but plastic surgery, a complete makeover, & govt witness protection program couldn't erase the flake behind the monitor. You are your fathers mistake, your mothers regret, your brothers punching bag, & your teachers pet.(Literally)! See wanting & pretending to be me will get you nowhere. You'll still PO, Broke, & Lonely, pale with no hair!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#887185 Apr 12, 2013
Sebelius tries to blame GOP for Obamacare Mess!! Sebelius, Not one Republican voted for Obamacare!! Let’s not forget, Pelosi on ObamaCare:“We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it” Sorry this is your Baby your Mess!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#887187 Apr 12, 2013
Patrick Henry in 1788. "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,656
Amy 10-24 1 hr your poor wife 15
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 179,475
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 5 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 5 hr reality is a crutch 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]