Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,772)

Showing posts 815,421 - 815,440 of1,032,982
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Conservatives, frankly, have become purveyors of outrage instead of preachers for a cause. Instead of showing how increasing government harms people, how free markets help people, and how conservative policies benefit all Americans, we scream “Benghazi” and “Fast & Furious.”

We’re off key and off message. We’ve become professional victims dialed up to 10 on the outrage meter. Who the hell wants to listen to conservatives whining and moaning all the time about the outrage du jour? Seriously? Mitt Romney ran a campaign on just how bad things are, but he was rejected by a majority of Americans who felt like he really did not care about them and really had no plans to improve their lives.

Bitching about Benghazi doesn’t do that either.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/01/20/the-loyal-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Teflon Presidents and the Rally Effect

There is another point Dan McCarthy makes in his post on Benghazi and Republicans that I’d like to discuss a bit more:

The specifics are not exactly comparable, of course: Carter’s humiliations were seen as part of a deteriorating strategic picture for the U.S. in general, while Reagan’s Middle East debacle was not. But it seems clear that differences in each president’s reputation—a reputation influenced by his party’s overall brand—played as great a role as differences in the world situation in shaping voters’ responses to these setbacks.

The GOP is now in the position that Carter’s party was in, and in contrast Obama has acquired something like Reagan’s “Teflon” coating—as the Benghazi episode illustrates.

The comparison to the barracks bombing is a useful one, and it may help explain why the Benghazi attack didn’t become more of an issue in the election. Libya and Lebanon are comparable in the history of U.S. foreign interventions for being unnecessary and unpopular at the beginning, but having little or no effect on the president’s popularity at home. Reagan’s intervention in Lebanon was unwise and unnecessary, and when it turned into a disaster one would think that it should have damaged him politically, but that didn’t happen. Public support for the Libyan war was the lowest of any U.S. intervention since Lebanon, but it never translated into a political liability for Obama. Between the invasion of Grenada and the natural, albeit somewhat odd, tendency to rally to the president in the wake of an attack, Reagan’s approval rating actually improved in the fall of 1983 and public support for the mission in Lebanon likewise increased.

The more generally satisfied the public is with a president, the easier it is for him to absorb the damage from failures. In the event of attacks on Americans, a reasonably popular president is going to receive the benefit of the doubt whether he deserves it or not. Unlike Carter, whose reputation was daily taking a beating as the hostage crisis dragged on month after month, Reagan and Obama didn’t have to endure the constant drip-drip of negative coverage that such a prolonged problem brought with it. It also helped that Reagan and Obama could point to successes, whether here or overseas, that gave most of the public confidence that they generally seemed to know what they were doing. In the end, the public perceived these attacks as aberrations because they couldn’t be fitted into a story about general incompetence or failure, and the public was more inclined to hold the attackers responsible.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Stoneman wrote:
Just read there are almost 9,000,000 Americans receiving disability payments.
This along with over 40,000,000 Americans receiving EBT cards (food stamps).
The people getting disability can stop looking for work, so they no longer get counted as "unemployed". The unemployment rate goes down, Lord Obama brags about how the economy is improving under his brilliant leadership.
If the economy is recovering, can we stop paying unemployment checks to people for almost TWO YEARS? The length of time a person could receive unemployment was six months until it was decided that the economy was so bad that it needed to be extended. Can we stop?
Maybe you should not have voted for and continue to vote for the Republicans that spent under Bush & created the recession that caused so many to be unemployed & on food stamps.

Just a thought for you blithering idiot Right Whiners always b*tching about President Obama.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your home page!
http://dwave.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/inbr...
You have Obama's ears too!
You are a racist bigot, typical DemoKKK RAT
You injected race into your post not me.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should not have voted for and continue to vote for the Republicans that spent under Bush & created the recession that caused so many to be unemployed & on food stamps.
Just a thought for you blithering idiot Right Whiners always b*tching about President Obama.
you might ask him....recovering from what?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

O'Reilly Criticizes "The Demagogues On The Right" Who Took Issue With His Bible Thumper Comments

To Whom Might He Be Referring?

After Fox News host Megyn Kelly agreed with O'Reilly that the Supreme Court wouldn't give credence to religious arguments in the fight over same-sex marriage, O'Reilly asked, "so if you know that and I know that, and I would say 75 percent of The Factor viewers know that, the other 25 percent that were upset and wanted to be upset over this comment, and then the demagogues on the right primarily who threw it back at me, why do they do that?"

He went on to say that "the right - some people, they don't want a non-ideological guy assuming this kind of power," referring to himself.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/04/oreil...
OBAMA DIE HARDS

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Obama Budget Proposes Cuts to Social Security, Medicare

Friday, 05 Apr 2013 07:26 AM

By Newsmax Wires
Share:
More ...
A A |
Email Us |
Print |
Forward Article

inShare

President Barack Obama’s budget plan will incorporate deficit-cutting proposals that include changing the calculation for Social Security cost-of-living increases and tax brackets, according to a White House statement.

The plan, set for release April 10, will track the offer on spending cuts and revenue increases that Obama made to House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio as part of an end-of-the-year deal on expiring tax cuts, according to the statement e-mailed Friday.

“While this is not the president’s ideal deficit reduction plan, and there are particular proposals in this plan like the CPI change that were key Republican requests and not the president’s preferred approach, this is a compromise proposal” that will be part of the budget, according to the statement.

Obama’s offer to Boehner “still stands,” it said.

“That means that the things like CPI that Republican leaders have pushed hard for will only be accepted if congressional Republicans are willing to do more on revenues,” said the statement.“This isn’t about political horse trading; it’s about reducing the deficit in a balanced way.”

The plan includes a new inflation gauge that would effectively reduce cost-of-living increases for Social Security beneficiaries, a measure that is sure to draw opposition from many Democrats. It also proposes using the calculation for adjusting income tax brackets, which would mean higher payments for many taxpayers.

I HOPE THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR OBAMA ENJOY YOU PAY
CUT!!!!
CAN YOU BELEIVE THIS BULLSHIT??????????
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Megyn Kelly Questions Wayne LaPierre Over Limiting Magazine Clips
Kelly pointed out that many of the parents who lost children in the Newtown school shooting supported the new gun laws, specifically banning magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. LaPierre said that the new laws were just making the "law books thicker for law-abiding citizens." In order to keep kids safe, he said, there should be armed officers in school and the "broken mental health system" should be repaired.
"I appreciate that and you articulate your position well, but if I could circle you back ... If there's anything that has moved people in this country ... it's the Newtown tragedy," she said. "You hear the parents of those children killed ... say 11 children had the chance to escape while [the shooter] reloaded ... That is, to me, the most compelling argument ... for this limitation on [ammunition]."
"My response is that the criminals are not going to have less, one round in the hand of someone who is going to do horror is too many," LaPierre said.
"How do you know? How do you know, Wayne?" Kelly said, interrupting LaPierre. "Adam Lanza's mother was a legal gun owner. And how do you know that his mother would not have obeyed the law and limited the magazine clip, and then Adam Lanza would have been limited to 10 rounds instead of 30."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/megy...
And had there been armed and trained security personnel on site....
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
The fallout we're seeing already is more than concerning.
Do you know about the "navigators" yet?
Thousands of "navigators" will be hired to help Americans choose Obamacare options starting October 1. They could earn $20 an hour or more.
The number of navigators required still isn't clear. California, however, wants 21,000.
The navigators will come from the ranks of unions, health providers and community action groups such as ACORN and Planned Parenthood. They are required to provide unbiased advice.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/04/o...
As the article pointed out, anyone who believes the navigators will offer "ubiased" advice needs their head examined.
That's $5.00 more than you make, maybe you can get a job, ya know, since you're so unbiased and all....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha lily.
Looks like we have a bright one here!
She can "see" my proxy.
Problem, I am not using one you mucking foron!
Baawwaaahhhhh!!!!!!
DemoKKK RATS are mentally ill. For sure.
Some definitely are, obviously. What took you so long to figure THAT out?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
"How do you know?"

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
As there were at Columbine, Methmouth? Even you can't be that stupid...well, I might occasionally be wrong in my appraisal of southern trolls.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA DIE HARDS wrote:
Obama Budget Proposes Cuts to Social Security, Medicare
Friday, 05 Apr 2013 07:26 AM
By Newsmax Wires
Share:
More ...
A A |
Email Us |
Print |
Forward Article
inShare
President Barack Obama’s budget plan will incorporate deficit-cutting proposals that include changing the calculation for Social Security cost-of-living increases and tax brackets, according to a White House statement.
The plan, set for release April 10, will track the offer on spending cuts and revenue increases that Obama made to House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio as part of an end-of-the-year deal on expiring tax cuts, according to the statement e-mailed Friday.
“While this is not the president’s ideal deficit reduction plan, and there are particular proposals in this plan like the CPI change that were key Republican requests and not the president’s preferred approach, this is a compromise proposal” that will be part of the budget, according to the statement.
Obama’s offer to Boehner “still stands,” it said.
“That means that the things like CPI that Republican leaders have pushed hard for will only be accepted if congressional Republicans are willing to do more on revenues,” said the statement.“This isn’t about political horse trading; it’s about reducing the deficit in a balanced way.”
The plan includes a new inflation gauge that would effectively reduce cost-of-living increases for Social Security beneficiaries, a measure that is sure to draw opposition from many Democrats. It also proposes using the calculation for adjusting income tax brackets, which would mean higher payments for many taxpayers.
I HOPE THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR OBAMA ENJOY YOU PAY
CUT!!!!
CAN YOU BELEIVE THIS BULLSHIT??????????
Are you stupid? Did you read the article?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
O'Reilly Criticizes "The Demagogues On The Right" Who Took Issue With His Bible Thumper Comments
To Whom Might He Be Referring?
After Fox News host Megyn Kelly agreed with O'Reilly that the Supreme Court wouldn't give credence to religious arguments in the fight over same-sex marriage, O'Reilly asked, "so if you know that and I know that, and I would say 75 percent of The Factor viewers know that, the other 25 percent that were upset and wanted to be upset over this comment, and then the demagogues on the right primarily who threw it back at me, why do they do that?"
He went on to say that "the right - some people, they don't want a non-ideological guy assuming this kind of power," referring to himself.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/04/oreil...
Power? He's insane
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
Hey duplicitous dems.
Wtf is up with your glow bull warming?
It is the coldest Spring in recent hisory here in England - snow fell the entire day yesterday where i am.
March is also very cold back in DemoKrat Kommunist Konnecticut too.
You duplicitous DemoKKK RATS are so full o chit.
Awe chit now-

DO you have a zoning permit fer that kinnergarten sandbox of nasty litter box litter?

And PICK UP YO DAMNED ol' nasty trash!

NO sorry nasty azz littered loitering allowed! Just sorry azz nasty.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"How do you know?"
She learnt it at that thar Yale skews
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"How do you know?"
We don't, but that was once instance...(the others, not so much..but OBVIOUSLY, it's not like it will stop the insane, unfortunetly )

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid? Did you read the article?
Under Dumbya's "No Child Left Behind" the sign said, "Illiterate? Write for free help," but he couldn't...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>As there were at Columbine, Methmouth? Even you can't be that stupid...well, I might occasionally be wrong in my appraisal of southern trolls.
You show your blatant igorance everytime you project that ignorant term methmouth on me-becaues you couldn't be any more ignorant if you tried.

Liar-Leo-LOSER-tic.
Go back to sucking of some of your rotten, pickled puss eggheads some more now.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She learnt it at that thar Yale skews
Does your head turn 90 degrees as you spew you vomitus of envious hatred?

You're a losertic too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 815,421 - 815,440 of1,032,982
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]