Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
815,401 - 815,420 of 1,096,121 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Oh for God's sake! Now there's a little man with a machine gun in a checked black and white arab headress running back and forth on my screen. Help!
Homer

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
They're mantra is "FORWARD!" Right over the cliff - taking the rest of us with them.
But gotta go and make sure that stupid box is green this time.
Later flack.
..."their" mantra...sorry leosnana...still mad about having to start over again...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, having been a nurse, you could say that, but a glycemic control medication would certainly be more logically correct than "sugar pill."
No one cares what you think.
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Why is all this happening to me now? And what does Topix have to do with hiding computer viruses in the banner ads and forum sidebars?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
When Flack is the smartest rightwinger left posting on a thread you know it's time has passed.
I fixed it, leo! i fixed it! Please don't jump all up homer's a$$, it was just a typo!
SapphireInBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
You shot that poor elephant didn't you? I guess I knew it as soon as I saw the story. Speaking of stories, did you see the one about the monkey who shares his poop with the other monkeys when they're flinging it through the bars at humans? Yeah, monkey see, monkey doo. So monkey doo on you mister man.
You make me feel important.

Now I know how all truth seekers feel when attacked by liberal loons.

Thanks for that. Really.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> Now, back to the permanently ignore list witcha' floDUH...
lol
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
MSN
April 10, 2003
Instead of moving Congress nearer a grand bargain, Obama's proposals so far have managed to anger both Republicans, who are upset by higher taxes, and Democrats upset with cuts to Social Security benefits.
(Sorry, Homer. Couldn't resist.)
I figure if he pissing off both Republicans and Democrats he's probably on the right track. Homer is afterall an Independent.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
MSN
April 10, 2003
Instead of moving Congress nearer a grand bargain, Obama's proposals so far have managed to anger both Republicans, who are upset by higher taxes, and Democrats upset with cuts to Social Security benefits.
April 10, 2003

Interesting.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
ok ok, enough gay bashing by you rightwingers, let's get back to this birther issue.
I think it's funny how we have 2 left wingers bashing gays. Gays just can't get a break.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
ok ok, enough gay bashing by you rightwingers, let's get back to this birther issue.
Anal Fissure in Gay Population

Anal fissure, often confused with hemorrhoids, is common among male homosexuals. Anal and peri-anal ulcers are also common among male homosexuals and can also be confused with anal fissure so it is important to go to the doctor to obtain a diagnosis, Homer.

The Book of Colon and Rectal Surgeons states that if you are gay and have an ulcer or an anal fissure, it is recommended that you get tested for other conditions such as Syphilis, Chlamydia, Haemophilus Ducreyi, Cytomegalovirus, Herpes Simplex virus, HIV, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and Kaposi’s Sarcoma.

If you are gay Homer and practice anal sex, any fissure or anal ulcer should be tested for any of these conditions because you are at a higher risk of getting them.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
MSN
April 10, 2003
Obama, the great divider.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I fixed it, leo! i fixed it! Please don't jump all up homer's a$$, it was just a typo!
Waht? Wehn? Wehre?
Cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Hey, Repugnants.

Dow is at 14,800, a record level.

Bad news for you "Obama is destroying America" types.

You cry, I make money.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

SapphireInBlue wrote:
Oh for God's sake! Now there's a little man with a machine gun in a checked black and white arab headress running back and forth on my screen. Help!
Press the ctrl-alt-del keys together and head for the hills!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Anal Fissure in Gay Population
Anal fissure, often confused with hemorrhoids, is common among male homosexuals. Anal and peri-anal ulcers are also common among male homosexuals and can also be confused with anal fissure so it is important to go to the doctor to obtain a diagnosis, Homer.
The Book of Colon and Rectal Surgeons states that if you are gay and have an ulcer or an anal fissure, it is recommended that you get tested for other conditions such as Syphilis, Chlamydia, Haemophilus Ducreyi, Cytomegalovirus, Herpes Simplex virus, HIV, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and Kaposi’s Sarcoma.
If you are gay Homer and practice anal sex, any fissure or anal ulcer should be tested for any of these conditions because you are at a higher risk of getting them.
Well I am not gay. Do you think only gays have anal sex? Maybe you are not a homophobe but an assphobe or more likely just an ass
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
Hey, Repugnants.
You cry, I make money.
Occupy Wall Street much you loser??

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>What? When? Where?
Don't worry, I got your back.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote wrote:
Hey, Repugnants.
You cry, I make money.
What ever happened to OWS?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Cway wrote:
Hey, Repugnants.
You cry, I make money.
March 5. There is only one thing you need to know about finance: the stock market is not the economy.

This is worth remembering, because the stock market has been turning in some seductive performances, while the economy has been languishing. The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a new high of 14,222 today; if it remains that lofty throughout the day, it will beat the previous high of 14,164 on 9 October 2007.

Inevitably, seeing numbers like the Dow rise should feel good. Our gross domestic product isn't going up, having barely scraped out 0.1% last quarter. Our personal income isn't going up, as wages are stagnating. Our employment numbers aren't going up, as we're still short three million jobs lost in the recession. Our 401Ks are dispersed through the stock market and it's nice to feel a little rich, or at least better off. When many of the major economic indicators provide only a wheezing malaise, the Dow high provides a little spot of irrational exuberance that is a welcome antidote.

But don't trust the Dow. It doesn't have your best interests at heart. It lies to you. It's that narcissist who's always preening and trying to look powerful when in fact it barely deserves an invitation to the party.

Most Americans know that the Dow is composed of a basket of 30 industrial stocks that are largely impervious to the struggles of ordinary Americans. If you separated these stocks, their rise would not be exciting. It's hard to picture a family driving back from the food bank – poverty is also at all-time highs in America, by the way – chanting "three cheers for Alcoa! Let's hear it for Caterpillar!" Americans, no matter how patriotic, don't pull out the pom-poms when it's a good quarter for Cisco. We just wait quietly for the riches to trickle down, for the companies to start hiring and for the rest of us to feel rich.

That trickle-down is not happening, and we know it's not happening.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 47 min joey 25
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 4,640
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 176,797
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,633
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 557
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Ace 49,265
Abby 8-15 3 hr Kuuipo 19
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Toj 97,823

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••