Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,730)

Showing posts 814,581 - 814,600 of1,033,372
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>Scalia. not an argument though. an opinion of the Court. DC v Heller.

more goodies....

We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.”

We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.”

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....
I am not seeing it! Who is making the argument for the right to carry any weapon at any time?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so now the Daily Caller is a commie rag?
if you go over there and post that supposition your kin folk will call you a liberal.
Don't believe everything you read or see on the internet just because there's a picture or with a quote next to it sonicfiller..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
[yawn]
The eyes are useless when your mind is blind with cut-n-paste sonicfiller.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just like that didn't work for interracial marriage, it doesn't work for gay marriage.
Do you not realize you live in America?
Do you not realize gay people have the same God-given rights as everyone else?
Why should they be subjected to the whims of other people?
Ever hear of the tyranny of the majority stuff? Yeah, that's bad.
Nobody gets to take my rights away because I happen to be gay. Nobody should be voting on my rights - even in the states where we have won recently. Which of your rights are you willing to put up for a public vote?
Some of you don't even understand the great country in which we live and want to turn it into your personal likes and dislikes or your churches. That's not even smart, because it can be just as easily turned around on you.
Use your head. And think like a real American.
"Tony C"
You make a lot assumptions. Is that why you are such anass?
What gay folks do in the privacy of their bedrooms is none of my business and I could care less. That being said I am not for gay marriage, it is my right to disagree with gay marriage.
Interracial marriage bothers me not a wit. I know several interracial married couples good folks, have been to their homes and they to mine.
Why should I be subject to the whims of folks who would like to take away or restrict my right to own a firearm? Or to sell a firearm? Or to assemble with others of the same ilk.
Why should my right to not purchase a product, health care, that I may not want?
You should start thinking like a real American and understand that all do not agree with your stands. Do you realize that you live in an America where folks are permitted to have views that disagree with yours?
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not seeing it! Who is making the argument for the right to carry any weapon at any time?
there is no right to carry any weapon at any time. never has been.

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues.

Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

And Waxturd can go to bed in England, yet continue topost for the rest of the night from another proxy in FL.

How sick is that?? Waxturd sick.
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones and fertilizer. One will never disarm a deranged liberal..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
And Waxturd can go to bed in England, yet continue topost for the rest of the night from another proxy in FL.
<quoted text>
Don't assume my posts are about you nitwit. But if you're affected then that must mean you're guilty of something you idiot.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur is a police state Connecticunt Fascist..
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see background checks at every sale at a gun show.
I would like a ban on military-style weapons.
I would like a ban limiting magazines to 10 rounds.
Get over it. That doesn't infringe on anybody's constitutional rights any more than restrictions against yelling "fire" in a crowded theater or inciting riots.
If you have a problem with that, you're a mental case, and we'll take your guns away for being a mental case.
Agree, do you have a gun?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Nuculur is a police state Connecticunt Fascist..
And you're a fuggin retard
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Act like a dummy lily, expect to be treated like a dummy, dummy...
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
lily's motherly tongue makes a post-Happy Hour appearance.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Assault type weapons? Hah, that's another diversion lily, any weapon can be tricked up to appear "military" the simple 410 Saiga shotgun manufactured in Russia and then tricked up by Mississippi Arms is still a 410 shotgun. Kinda like putting 22 inch rims on a Toyota Tercel.
Many (too many) who own small arsenals own them for the wrong reasons. I can see why some folks want protection due to their neighborhood be it thugs or large animals but the fkrs that are arming against a government that might take their arms are the ones that need Baker Acted. The yayhoo factor__the ones that drive 900 miles to hear Ted Nugent spew 2A venom at a gunshow and somehow don't realize that he's only doing it for a handsome appearance fee.
Well you know way more about guns than I do. I was thinking about the clips that can fire 30 rounds in a few minutes. The yahoo factor is huge

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well you know way more about guns than I do. I was thinking about the clips that can fire 30 rounds in a few minutes. The yahoo factor is huge
Then get educated before asking for something to be banned. If clips could fire the rounds you wouldn't need the gun, dummy.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see how your logic looks when applied to this argument,
I would like to see background checks at every same-sex marriage.
I would like a ban on same-sex marriage.
I would like a ban limiting same-sex marriage to 10% acceptance rate.
You're pretty stupid.

Try again. But try to make sense this time.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no right to carry any weapon at any time. never has been.
Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues.
Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.
"Arms" is a generic term. The founding fathers used that term on purpose.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tony C"
You make a lot assumptions. Is that why you are such anass?
What gay folks do in the privacy of their bedrooms is none of my business and I could care less. That being said I am not for gay marriage, it is my right to disagree with gay marriage.
Interracial marriage bothers me not a wit. I know several interracial married couples good folks, have been to their homes and they to mine.
Why should I be subject to the whims of folks who would like to take away or restrict my right to own a firearm? Or to sell a firearm? Or to assemble with others of the same ilk.
Why should my right to not purchase a product, health care, that I may not want?
You should start thinking like a real American and understand that all do not agree with your stands. Do you realize that you live in an America where folks are permitted to have views that disagree with yours?
Peace
KMA
Re: firearms: you're really bad at this. No gay marriage was ever used to kill people.

You should not have a right to not purchase healthcare because if you don't purchase healthcare, then we all have to pay for you.(That's a completely conservative idea, btw.)

You can have all the bigoted opinions you want. Racists are still free to live in America, too.

But our laws don't reflect or respect the views of racists. Nor should they reflect the views of anti-gays.

Your opinion can't affect my marriage - unless America is full of crap and is only the land of the free for you.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Agree, do you have a gun?
Nope. And I doubt I ever will.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You should not have a right to not purchase healthcare because if you don't purchase healthcare, then we all have to pay for you.(That's a completely conservative idea, btw.)
You're confusing health insurance with healthcare.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: firearms: you're really bad at this. No gay marriage was ever used to kill people.
You can have all the bigoted opinions you want. Racists are still free to live in America, too.
But our laws don't reflect or respect the views of racists. Nor should they reflect the views of anti-gays.
Your opinion can't affect my marriage - unless America is full of crap and is only the land of the free for you.
Just because Ed does not like (homosexuals) steak, does not makes him a (bigot or racist) vegetarian... moron..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 814,581 - 814,600 of1,033,372
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

123 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min CDC 46,985
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min former res 64,921
Men charged with selling sewer covers, grates f... (Aug '12) 7 min Huh 4
Abby 4-16 7 min Mister Tonka 25
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min Sublime1 95,988
Abby 4-14 14 min Mister Tonka 48
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Professor Emeritus Fellow 42,921
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]