Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,725)

Showing posts 814,481 - 814,500 of1,034,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does end?
Good question.
I kinda think when we have a complete collapse of the dollar and the economy and Liberty and Justice and our Country as we know it.
That's when it will end.
Kinda of a sham...really
So many will suffer...only to serve as reminder as too who
we are as Americans and just what it is that set apart from
the rest of the world.
Guess Obama and the radical left think France or Germany will replace us as the guardians of liberty and freedom and will step up to the plate to protect us and the rest of the world from radical Muslims and communist Russia and China.

The only thing that will set us apart from the rest of the world is we'll be the ones who fall the fartherest and the hardest.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
If you’re an African-American and your children are Hungry you need to Thank a Democrat!!
The U.S. Census Bureau determined that 25.1 percent of African-American households and 29.2 percent of households with children are food insecure!! Like Bill Clinton would say ‘ I Feel Your Pain!”
The other problem is no one is minding the store and welfare fraud and abuse is becoming rampant - especially in the cities.

Food stamps should be the responsibility of each state. The federal government trying to oversee something this massive is like trying to restrain a bull in a china shop.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

HOW CAN SOME BLACKS;How Can Blacks Love Obama So Much When They're Doing So Bad;Is there a disconnect between the actual economic well-being of African Americans and their uncritical, unconditional love for their first black president: one opionion is "The short answer to the question is that Black folks are whores for symbolic signs of progress and achievement aided and abetted by an anti-intellectual bent and a "Black Media;that in essence constitutes Black Minstrel shows. We act like thumb-sucking children and we get treated accordingly.

We don't know how to even define substantive progress anymore.

Another major component/factor relates to our fragile emotional state: we PROJECT shit all the time. PROJECTION is what got Obama elected in the first place. We always want someone to "like" us or respect us even when we do little to earn it. Thus every slight at Obama is a slight against Black folks, at least that's how its interpreted. Blacks are so enthralled with White measures of their success that they can't find nor define their own metrics. Sad thing is expect matters to get worse as immigrants take the service industry and construction jobs. Black unemployment will be fixed at 25% and Negroes will STILL be raving about Obama.

This morning, I listened to Tom Joyner and his cohorts joke about the Atlanta test cheating indictments. TJMS won't have anyone on to discuss the immorality, coerciveness, and bankruptcy of No Child Left Behind or Race to the (Bottom). But they and millions of their viewers will guff it up about what is the appropriate punishment. Hardy har har.

We're a collective bunch of Minstrels acts/performances. It is what it is.

It will be 25 years before Blacks realize what harm Obama has inflicted, and even then I surmise less than 50% of those Blacks polled will have a negative opinion of him. Negroes will be lined up outside homeless shelters talking about, "If only they'd let Obama be Obama." Pathetic. We're screwed, but well entertained.
Ernest

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Leo, my darling, I love you in my manly way.
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>So higher insurance for a Pitbull but not a gun? Interesting.
You must aware that a gun doesn't have a mind of it's own & a pitbull does meaning, without someone dictating the actions of the dog, it can & does still have incidents of vicious attacks. I had a German Shepherd when I was young. Honestly, this dog was so strong on numerous occasions it popped tow truck chains when the neighbors dog would get loose and come in our yard. I've seen pitbulls jump shoulder high fences & I'm 6"2 so I understand the need for owner responsibility with pitbulls. That being said, I think gun owners should bear the same responsibilities giving the fact that it's legal guns stolen by friends & family members used in terrorist style mass killings! I'm on my phone, but can someone please pull up the stats on assault weapons used to fend off home invaders. I'm quite sure it's a small percentage if any at all. No one needs an assault rifle for protection. A gun like that does more harm than good in a situation like that. You'll wind up shooting someone in your family using that type weapon in such small quarters. The army had to modify the M16 for the Iraq war. It was too long & awkward in tight quarters in city settings.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

U.S. and Al-Qaeda: The Best of Frenemies
Not a word was spoken or written about the White House, the Pentagon, and the Congress now funding, training, and arming Al-Qaeda, our supposed enemy.”

The insanity of endless war has found the White House, the Pentagon, and the Congress in an alliance with Al-Qaeda in Libya, Syria, Mali, and possibly other countries. The goal, it seems, is to destroy secular governments in Northern Africa and the Middle East. Also targeted are the Shia dominated governments in Iran and Iraq. The White House, Pentagon, and the Congress are leading a coalition including, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey, The United Arab Emirates, Croatia, England, France, and Al-Qaeda to destroy and break up targeted countries. As Bush II and Obama have said, we Americans are not “into” nation building, we are “into” nation destruction.

This alliance of convenience finds the White House, the Pentagon, and the Congress in violation of the “Authorization for Use of Military Force” which was passed one week after the Saudi nationals crashed their hijacked airplanes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The AUMF effectively declared war on “those nations, organizations, or persons he [the President] determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons…” Subsequent amendments to the annual National Defense Authorization Acts (NDAA) identified Al-Qaeda, the Taliban and associated forces as well as any nation, organization, or person who is part of or is substantially supporting Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces. Bush II decreed he had the authority to detain indefinitely, without regard to international law or the U.S. Constitution, any person aiding our named enemies, including Al-Qaeda. Obama has gone further than Bush II and decreed he has the right to detain indefinitely or kill any U.S. citizen he thinks is aiding our named enemies including Al-Qaeda. This led recently to a short lived debate about this unilaterally decreed power. Ironically, the debate was led by the Senator Rand Paul, a Tea Party leader. There was a deafening silence from those in Congress who call themselves liberals/progressives.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Obama has gone further than Bush II and decreed he has the right to detain indefinitely or kill any U.S. citizen he thinks is aiding our named enemies including Al-Qaeda.”

However, not a word was spoken or written about the White House, the Pentagon, and the Congress now funding, training, and arming Al-Qaeda, our supposed enemy.

We have a long history with Al-Qaeda going back to the late 1970’s during the Carter Administration. The relationship is characterized by mutual benefit more than enmity. Zbigniew Brzezinski hatched a plan to give the Soviet Union “its own Viet Nam” by training, funding, recruiting, along with Saudi Arabia, and arming radical Islamist Fundamentalists to conduct guerilla warfare in Afghanistan to drive the Soviet Union out. Working closely with the dictatorship Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Pakistani military and intelligence organizations, the U.S.-led terrorists succeeded in forcing the Soviet Union to retreat from Afghanistan. Several years later the Taliban gained control of most of Afghanistan.

But our alliance with Al-Qaeda did not end there. Clinton I recruited Al-Qaeda to join the U.S. and NATO in their successful destruction and breakup of Yugoslavia. Al-Qaeda’s role was to train and fight alongside Bosnian Muslims, fighting Serbs. Again we have a resounding success in destroying a nation. Clinton I also convinced Osama bin Laden to send his “freedom fighters”(Ronald Reagan’s words) to Chechnya to assist the Chechnya terrorists in their campaign to separate Chechnya from Russia. That didn’t end up so good in spite of a brutal terror campaign inside Russia and Chechnya.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA AND HIS BOSSES We want to control all of Africa’s natural resources, especially people, and we want to drive China out of Africa.”
Today we have gone full circle. The divorce has been set aside and we are once again married to Al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda is too valuable in our never ending war because American people have been conditioned to treat it as a threat even when it is our ally. This alliance may enable Al-Qaeda to establish “franchises” in more countries than Starbucks. Look to Al-Qaeda “franchises” in African countries which already includes Mali, Algeria and Somalia. This convenience grants us the “right” under the AUMF to destroy African nations, all of which were given boundaries by European nations in the late 19th century. We want to control all of Africa’s natural resources, especially people, and we want to drive China out of Africa.

What is wrong with us that we have no reaction to this development? Are we so afraid that our brain has frozen? It is unlikely Obama will have himself detained or put on his own kill list as he has killed at least three U.S. citizens under the AUMF. Congress will keep its obedient silence and we will pay.

THE RACISTS USE A BLACK FACE AND SIMPLE BLACKS TO RAPE AFRICA
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Fascist filmmaker, Leni Riefenstahl, honest,

Appeared in Poland with pistol, outfitted in

Nazi uniform—if only Fox-box foot soldiers

Sharpton, Harris-Perry, Hannity, officers

O’Reilly, et al, appeared on air—in uniform…

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Ernest wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I love you though,(not admitting any weakness.) We're only a few years apart... just imagine if we were born apart together.
[Cohn:]“I can’t stand it to think my life is going so fast and I’m not really living it.”
[Jake:]“Nobody ever lives their life all the way up except bull-fighters.”
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
The other problem is no one is minding the store and welfare fraud and abuse is becoming rampant - especially in the cities.
Food stamps should be the responsibility of each state. The federal government trying to oversee something this massive is like trying to restrain a bull in a china shop.
Food stamps no longer exist dummy__the recipients are issued a card (EBT) and while there is still fraud it's nowhere near the amount back in the days of the coupons.

Obviously you haven't a clue as to how SNAP is administered.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Car-shopping website Edmunds.com has raised its full-year U.S. car sales forecast to 15.5 million vehicles, a level the industry hasn't seen since 2007, as car shoppers remain resilient in the face of fiscal issues in the U.S. and uncertainty in Europe.

"Car shoppers seem unfazed by fiscal issues in the news," said Edmunds chief economist Lacey Plache. "Even though consumer confidence has been up and down so far this year, there are "wealth effects" that are making Americans feel comfortable finally buying the new cars they've been waiting for."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/edmunds-lift...

Homer predicted this, I knew you rightwing fckers couldn't drive that old crappy car around forever.

Time to replace that old washer and dryer and your fridge has seen better days. You may want to get rid of that old oil burning furnace or at least upgrade to a more energy efficient model.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Obama to attend the opening of W.'s new library.

I wonder if they will have a copy of The Pet Goat in there?
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE wrote:
HOW CAN SOME BLACKS;How Can Blacks Love Obama So Much When They're Doing So Bad;Is there a disconnect between the actual economic well-being of African Americans and their uncritical, unconditional love for their first black president: one opionion is "The short answer to the question is that Black folks are whores for symbolic signs of progress and achievement aided and abetted by an anti-intellectual bent and a "Black Media;that in essence constitutes Black Minstrel shows. We act like thumb-sucking children and we get treated accordingly.
We don't know how to even define substantive progress anymore.
Another major component/factor relates to our fragile emotional state: we PROJECT shit all the time. PROJECTION is what got Obama elected in the first place. We always want someone to "like" us or respect us even when we do little to earn it. Thus every slight at Obama is a slight against Black folks, at least that's how its interpreted. Blacks are so enthralled with White measures of their success that they can't find nor define their own metrics. Sad thing is expect matters to get worse as immigrants take the service industry and construction jobs. Black unemployment will be fixed at 25% and Negroes will STILL be raving about Obama.
This morning, I listened to Tom Joyner and his cohorts joke about the Atlanta test cheating indictments. TJMS won't have anyone on to discuss the immorality, coerciveness, and bankruptcy of No Child Left Behind or Race to the (Bottom). But they and millions of their viewers will guff it up about what is the appropriate punishment. Hardy har har.
We're a collective bunch of Minstrels acts/performances. It is what it is.
It will be 25 years before Blacks realize what harm Obama has inflicted, and even then I surmise less than 50% of those Blacks polled will have a negative opinion of him. Negroes will be lined up outside homeless shelters talking about, "If only they'd let Obama be Obama." Pathetic. We're screwed, but well entertained.
You should stop taking & think for a second, giving the fact you can't do 2 things at 1 time. How can someone talk about a group of peoples shortcomings & how we try to measure our success by white merit, then turn around & measure our success on white merit? I don't know what black people you know since it's obvious you don't even know yourself, but we fine. Only time can heal wounds & tho shit is still f cked up, no on can deny the progress we've made in the last 20yrs. I challenge you like I challenge everyone who kicks the presidents back in. What are doing to make the situation any better besides talking shit on a internet thread? Like I thought, STFU!
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

The Assassination Of Dr. King And The Suppression Of The Anti-War And Peace Perspectives
Memory, individual and collective, is clearly a significant site of social struggle.”

(Aurora Levins Morales)
Unlike the celebrations organized around the birthday of Dr. King, with which the U.S. government severs Dr. King from the black movement for social justice that produced him and transforms his oppositional stances into a de-radicalized, liberal, integrationist dream narrative, the anniversary of the murder of Dr. King creates a challenge for the government and its attempt to manage the memory and meaning of Dr. King. The assassination of Dr. King raises uncomfortable questions -- not only due to the evidence that his murder was a “hit” carried out by elements of the U.S. government, but also because of what Dr. King was saying before he was killed about issues like poverty and U.S. militarism .

The current purveyors of U.S. violence will find attention to Dr. King’s anti-war and peace position most unwelcome, especially with a black president that has been able to accomplish what U.S. elites could have only dreamed of over the last few decades - the normalization of war-making as a legitimate tool to advance the geo-political interests of the U.S. and its’ colonial allies. So reminding people of Dr. King’s opposition to U.S. warmongering and the collaboration of liberals in that warmongering then and now, produces a strange convergence of political forces from both ends of the narrow U.S. political spectrum that have an interest in suppressing King’s anti-war positions.

The Suppression of the anti-war and peace movement and the pro-war coalition
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You should stop taking & think for a second, giving the fact you can't do 2 things at 1 time. How can someone talk about a group of peoples shortcomings & how we try to measure our success by white merit, then turn around & measure our success on white merit? I don't know what black people you know since it's obvious you don't even know yourself, but we fine. Only time can heal wounds & tho shit is still f cked up, no on can deny the progress we've made in the last 20yrs. I challenge you like I challenge everyone who kicks the presidents back in. What are doing to make the situation any better besides talking shit on a internet thread? Like I thought, STFU!
THIS CLOWN SPEAKS FOR BLACK PEOPLE WITH HIS GARBAGE OPINIONS see my post post and F/O
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

ESPN: Obama's Basketball Bricks 'Most Embarrassing Moment Of His Presidency' sort of reflects Obama’s Presidency!!
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

then and now

When Dr. King finally opposed the war on Vietnam he incurred the wrath of liberals in the Johnson Administration, the liberal philanthropic community, and even a significant number of his colleagues in the clergy. The liberal establishment was scathing in its condemnation of his position and sought to punish him and his organization, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC), in a manner similar to their assaults on the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), when it took an anti-war and anti-imperialist position much earlier than Dr. King and SCLC.

In today’s popular imagination of the anti-war and peace movement in the 1960s and 70s, the culprits have been re-imagined as the radical right, symbolized by President Richard Nixon. But it was the Kennedy Administration that escalated U.S. involvement in Vietnam, despite the liberal mythology around his supposed reluctance to do so, and it was Democrat Lyndon Johnson who dramatically expanded the war. When Johnson pulled out of the 1968 presidential race, Hubert Humphrey, the personification of contemporary liberalism, was slated to be the favorite to win the Democratic nomination. Humphrey, along with the rest of the liberal establishment, was firmly committed to Johnson’s war strategy, even in light of growing public opposition.

It should also be remembered that the Chicago police riot of 1968 against anti-war demonstrators took place at the Democratic National Convention, where the protestors were directing their fury at the Democratic Party -- which has controlled the Executive Branch during the escalation of almost every major military experience by the U.S. State from the Second World War onwards. The notion of democratic weaknesses on matters of “national defense” owes itself to the historical amnesia of the U.S. population and the successful propaganda campaigns of the more aggressive foreign interventionist elements of the radical right over the years.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Today the array of forces in support of U.S. military aggression is similar to what we saw from the establishment in 1968, except for one important factor: in 1968 there was an organized, vocal anti-war movement that applied bottom-up pressure on the liberal establishment in power and on the Nixon Administration. Today, however, not only have significant elements of the contemporary anti-war and peace movement voluntarily demobilized during the Obama era, many of those individuals and organizations have entered into what can only be seen as a tactical alliance with the Obama Administration and provided ideological cover for imperialist interventions around the world.

Even mainstream human rights organization have facilitated the cover-up, either by their silence on the question of war; by their tacit acquiescence as demonstrated by their pathetic pleading with the attacking powers (usually the West, under NATO) to adhere to the rules of war; or by the construction and articulation of some of the most noxious but effective white supremacist covers for imperialist dominance that may have ever been produced –“humanitarian intervention” and the “right to protect.” Operating from the assumption that the white West are the “good guys” and have a “natural” right to determine which nations deserve to be sovereign, when regimes should be changed, who the international criminals are and what international laws need to be enforced, the political elites have been able to mobilize majority support for imperialist adventures from Iraq to Libya and now Syria. In a nod to the civilizing assumptions of Western modernity that is at the base of the colonialist project justifying these interventions, progressives and even some radicals have muzzled themselves or have even supported these misadventures that entail the West, under the leadership of the U.S., riding in to save people from their “savage governments.” For these activists, if those humanitarian missions result in Western companies managing to secure water, oil and other natural resources and shifting regional power relations to favor the West, well that is just the price to pay for progress. As Madeline Albright said in response to a question regarding the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children due to U.S. sanctions,“we think the price was worth it.”
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

The murder of Dr. King was not just the murder of a man but an assault on an idea, a movement and a vision of a society liberated from what Dr. King called the three “triplets” that had historically characterized and shaped the “American” experience - racism, extreme materialism and militarism. On April 4, 1967 in the Riverside Church in New York, exactly one year to the day before he would be murdered, Dr. King took an unequivocal stand in opposition to the U.S. war on the people of Vietnam, and declared that the only way that racism, materialism and militarism would be defeated was if there was a “radical revolution of values” in U.S. society. Today, 45 years later, with a Black president in the White House, racism in the form of continued white supremacy has solidified itself on a global scale; extreme materialism characterizes the desires and consumption patterns of a debt constructed middle class, even as it feels the weight of a national and global economic crisis; and militarism occupies the center of U.S. engagement with the nations of the Global South.

While the current national and global reality could not have been prefigured by political elites in the U.S., the murder of Dr. King and the disarray within the civil rights movement on direction, goals and programs, allowed the government to e turn its repressive apparatus to the violent suppression of the Black liberation movement. As the leading element for radical social change in the U.S., the assaults on the Black liberation movement meant that the hope for fundamental change in the U.S. would not be realized. The radical revolution of values that King hoped would transform the country was repackaged by the early 1970s into an individualist, pro-capitalist, debt-constructed consumer diversion. The country began a more dramatic rightward move in the late 1960s that saw the emergence of Nixon; Ronald Reagan; New Democrats; a new and even more virulent ideological construction – neoliberalism; and a uni-polar world, where under Bush and now Obama, the U.S. and its Western colonial allies are able to engage in a form of international gangsterism -- invading nations, changing governments and stealing resources, in a manner that is similar to the early years of conquest when they first burst out of Europe in 1492

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 814,481 - 814,500 of1,034,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min Frijoles 65,120
Amy 4-19 7 min PEllen 10
Abby 4-19 9 min PEllen 15
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min Frick-N-Frack 47,064
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 20 min Evilgelicalling 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 54 min Whiny1 4,030
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 55 min Steve wilkos vict 339
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 96,137
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance