Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275921 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#885698 Apr 9, 2013
Louisville wins national championship!

Woot!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#885699 Apr 9, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you're not a liberal or a Democrat, what are you?
A libtard!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#885700 Apr 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about getting help to buy insurance. Not some indirect benefit that some undocumented people might receive. Right now, an undocumented person can get emergency care at a hospital that might receive federal funding.
The "help" that has now been pushed even a year further backwards??

No exchanges ready till 2015?

Just more TAX and FINE robbinghoodietic gouge of the working class some more?

Shameful!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#885701 Apr 9, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
President Obama's Taxpayer-Backed Green Energy Failures
blog.heritage.org/.../president-obamas-taxpay... ...
Ashe Schow
by Ashe Schow - More by Ashe Schow
Oct 18, 2012 – President Obama and Congress's foray into subsidizing green energy companies is an unmitigated failure, and the number of companies going ...
Another one bites the dust..........
News for fisker electric car company
Sydney Morning Herald
Fisker Struggles Mark Blow to Obama's Electric-Car Goal
Businessweek &#8206;- by Angela Greiling Keane &#8206;- 4 hours ago
Fisker Struggles Mark Blow to Obama's Electric-Car Goal ... drivers of Obama's goal, the company had planned to make its second model more ...
Electric car maker Fisker lays off 161 workers
The Star-Ledger - NJ.com &#8206; - 2 days ago
But but...didn't Yustin Beaber buy heself one dem?

Wasn't dat rich kids dolluh enough to save the Uhmerican oconomy?

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#885703 Apr 9, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
The "help" that has now been pushed even a year further backwards??
No exchanges ready till 2015?
Just more TAX and FINE robbinghoodietic gouge of the working class some more?
Shameful!
So how is the working class taxed more for the ACA?
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#885704 Apr 9, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody commits suicide because they want to be one sexual orientation or the other you vomitous cretin. Gay teens commit suicide because of the bullying they put up with at the hands of kids who are raised by ignorant pieces of fecal matter like you.
I go with evidence gathered according to scientific protocol by groups of professionals whose objective is to ascertain facts. You on the other hand just pull stuff from your butt.
I have never at any time claimed that this country was based on Christianity and have in fact on numerous occasions cited the Treaty of Tripoli to refute those who have made that claim. You're either a goddamned liar or have the reading comprehension skills of a hamster. So which is it?
At the end of the day ignoramuses like you are becoming increasingly irrelevant.
What exactly does that mean,"becoming irrelevant?" I should've never been relevant to you in the first place. My relevancy is priceless to those that matter to me, so your opinion ain't worth the American penny to me! See you've never been relevant. How does it feel so I'll know when I"become irrelevant?" You, your gay lover, his gay lover, & the rest of the gay community can have a gay parade, festival, carnival, & orgy all in one night for all I care. It ain't my butt! What you can't do is hide the statistical facts that gay kids are 2-3 times more likely to commit suicide that straight kids. Bullying has nothing to do with it. Children are the most cruel beings on this planet & people get bullied for alot more than just being gay. Poor kids get bullied for being poor & having bummy clothes. Fat kids get bullied for being fat. Ugly kids get bullied for being ugly. Yet their suicide rates are far more lower than gay kids. You were right about one thing. It's not being gay that actually forces them over the edge. It's exposure. As long as they can hide it, they're fine. Look at the college dude that killed himself cuz his roommate caught him & taped him. No straight dude would've killed themselves if their roommate taped them having sex with a female. None! Gay dude couldn't take the fact that everyone found out. He wasn't thinking about that when he had his ass in the air now was he? You talk fact, show me a straight kid or dude that offed themselves because he was exposed for having sex with a female. You can't! Also there are no facts to back up the theory of people being born gay. Infact, the fact support the opposite. But you'll still argue this bullshit gay gene theory to make someone feel comfortable when they shouldn't. Like I said tho, have your parade & all that! I honestly don't care! I just won't lie to make people feel normal when there's something mentally wrong with them. Sometimes honesty is brutal!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#885705 Apr 9, 2013
Homosexuality ultimately a result of gene regulation, researchers find

The search for a "gay gene" may be off-target, new research finds. Another process called epigenetics that switches genes on and off may explain why homosexuality runs in families.

Epigenetics are heritable changes caused by factors other than DNA. Instead of traits getting passed down through the genes, epigenetic change happens because of the way genes are regulated, or turned on and off.

These genetic regulators may be the reason homosexuality persists in nature despite the fact that gay people are less likely to reproduce, suggests the new study published in the journal The Quarterly Review of Biology.

"These things have evolved because they're good for the parents, but they sometimes, not [with] high frequency, but sometimes carry over" into offspring, study researcher William Rice, an evolutionary geneticist at the University of California, Santa Barbara, told LiveScience. In a male fetus, Rice and his colleagues write, an epigenetic change that benefited the mother may lead to "feminization" of sexual preference — homo- or bisexuality. The same may be true for epigenetic changes passed down by dad to a female fetus.(The terms feminization and masculinization of sexual preference refer to sexual orientation only — not to physical or personality traits of the offspring.)

The findings add to past research suggesting gay men haven't died out, because female relatives of gay men tend to have more children on average than other females. The study researchers specifically found that two genes passed on through the maternal line could produce this effect.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/12/11/homo...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#885706 Apr 9, 2013
Why Conservatives Think the Ends Justify the Means

...For liberals, generally speaking, honoring procedures—means—is the core of what being "principled" means. For conservatives, fighting for the right outcome—ends—even at the expense of procedural nicety, is what being "principled" means. Think of it it, allegorically, this way: imagine in Washington DC, near Capitol Hill, a little old lady is crossing a hazardous street. A fastidious liberal congressmen, proud of always acting in a principled way in all things, stops to help her across the street—even though that means he might be late for a key vote (the sacrifice of an end, in itself, confirms his principled nature). A fastidious conservative congressman, on the other hand, leaves the lady to her fate and makes the vote (because the upholding of the end, in itself, is where honor lies—and dishonor rests, in the ultimate term of derision righties reserve for each other, in being a "squish").

In short, if you're a conservative, isn't the point of an election to win, so you can bend the world to your will, no matter the means it takes to get there? Even if you don't necessarily have the majority's support?

http://www.thenation.com/blog/173703/nothing-... #
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#885707 Apr 9, 2013
Following Criticism, Hannity Softens Defense Of Rutgers Coach: "Do I Think This Coach Went Too Far? By A Long Shot"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/08/foll...

'No I'm not an idiot. I just get paid to act like one.'

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#885708 Apr 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The President can not choose to end programs that Congress created, dumbass.
Fool. He instructed the Justice Dept. to ignore any DOMA issues.

I take that back. You're not a fool but a lying jerk.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#885709 Apr 9, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What exactly does that mean,"becoming irrelevant?" I should've never been relevant to you in the first place. My relevancy is priceless to those that matter to me, so your opinion ain't worth the American penny to me! See you've never been relevant. How does it feel so I'll know when I"become irrelevant?" You, your gay lover, his gay lover, & the rest of the gay community can have a gay parade, festival, carnival, & orgy all in one night for all I care. It ain't my butt! What you can't do is hide the statistical facts that gay kids are 2-3 times more likely to commit suicide that straight kids. Bullying has nothing to do with it. Children are the most cruel beings on this planet & people get bullied for alot more than just being gay. Poor kids get bullied for being poor & having bummy clothes. Fat kids get bullied for being fat. Ugly kids get bullied for being ugly. Yet their suicide rates are far more lower than gay kids. You were right about one thing. It's not being gay that actually forces them over the edge. It's exposure. As long as they can hide it, they're fine. Look at the college dude that killed himself cuz his roommate caught him & taped him. No straight dude would've killed themselves if their roommate taped them having sex with a female. None! Gay dude couldn't take the fact that everyone found out. He wasn't thinking about that when he had his ass in the air now was he? You talk fact, show me a straight kid or dude that offed themselves because he was exposed for having sex with a female. You can't! Also there are no facts to back up the theory of people being born gay. Infact, the fact support the opposite. But you'll still argue this bullshit gay gene theory to make someone feel comfortable when they shouldn't. Like I said tho, have your parade & all that! I honestly don't care! I just won't lie to make people feel normal when there's something mentally wrong with them. Sometimes honesty is brutal!
Excellent points and sound logic. Waaaay over the head of PDUPONT.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#885710 Apr 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Following Criticism, Hannity Softens Defense Of Rutgers Coach: "Do I Think This Coach Went Too Far? By A Long Shot"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/08/foll...
'No I'm not an idiot. I just get paid to act like one.'
sonicfiller can't differentiate the difference between communist propaganda, fact, fiction, or opinion. A ventriloquist's dummy.. Fox News, sonicfiller's assisted living center...
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#885713 Apr 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that a vote should be allowed to reduce the rights of certain segments of the population. Not me.
What "rights"?

Can't reduce something that doesn't exist.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#885714 Apr 9, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
So what does it matter when? The bottom line is that gays and lesbians are citizens and deserve the same rights as every other citizen in this country. What part of equal rights and protections under the law don't you understand?
What is your logic for approving homosexual marriage, but opposing plural marriage?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#885715 Apr 9, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>sonicfiller can't differentiate the difference between communist propaganda, fact, fiction, or opinion. A ventriloquist's dummy.. Fox News, sonicfiller's assisted living center...
we already know you watch Hannity.

the repetitive insults are a clear indicator.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#885717 Apr 9, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
I think that PDUPONT is advocating for gay marriage only so that in the future he can petition the court to marry his dog.
Dog or boyfriend, no difference.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#885719 Apr 9, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody commits suicide because they want to be one sexual orientation or the other you vomitous cretin. Gay teens commit suicide because of the bullying they put up with at the hands of kids who are raised by ignorant pieces of fecal matter like you.
Homosexual teens commit suicide because they are deeply conflicted individuals who recognize that they do not fit in society.
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#885720 Apr 9, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
The Left Says Your Children Belong To Them
In a 30-second promo for MSNBC’s Lean Forward campaign, Dr. Melissa Harris-Perry advocates that society end the “private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families,” and instead institute a “collective notion” that kids “are our children,” they belong to the community.
In the MSNBC advertisement, Perry says,“We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we’ve always had kind of a private notion of children: your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven’t had a very collective notion of these are our children.”
*****
These people are f**king scary.
Ayn Rand, creator of the philosophy of Objectivism, on collectivism.

"Collectivism means the subjugation of the individual to a group. Throughout history, no tyrant ever rose to power except on the claim of representing the common good. Horrors which no man would dare consider for his own selfish sake are perpetrated with a clear conscience by altruists who justify themselves by the common good."

...Enter North Korea and "collective punishment" enslaving hundreds of thousands of citizens in prison camps, including children.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#885721 Apr 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So how is the working class taxed more for the ACA?
"Working class" is anybody who has a job, regardless of income.

That is, unless your weak mind is mired in Socialist class warfare.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#885722 Apr 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
In short, if you're a conservative, isn't the point of an election to win, so you can bend the world to your will, no matter the means it takes to get there? Even if you don't necessarily have the majority's support?
Absolutely not.

Conservatives believe in the supremacy of the individual over the state, while the left wants to submerge individuality to serve the state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru 197,029
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Into The Night 54,514
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Pennie Lane 6,418
DONALD TRUMP REVEALED as NIGERIAN PRINCE ! ..bi... 7 hr TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 1
Loan shark, loan lender, Apply for loan offer 8 hr MonicaJ 1
Fast loan needed for urgent purpose?. Apply now. (Apr '14) 8 hr MonicaJ 2
Hillary fires up crowd in Iowa. 14 hr Pianolegs blows GAS 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages