Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,710)

Showing posts 814,181 - 814,200 of1,071,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
More proof that the GOP hates children:
As Tennessee prepares to consider two bills to reduce welfare assistance for needy families whose children are not doing well in school, a Change.org petition has popped up to fight the measure. The petition was started by Clergy for Justice, a Tennesse-based organization of clergy that has previously advocated for causes including immigration reform, health care, and anti-bullying laws. Within 36 hours, their petition garnered over 2,000 supporters from at least 145 cities and towns in Tennessee.
HB 0261 and SB 0132 would make family benefits from the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program conditional on a child’s educational performance. While Tennessee already ties welfare assistance to students’ attendance, this new proposal would essentially make poor children responsible for keeping their families afloat.
In an email to ThinkProgress, Clergy For Justice co-organizer Kathy Chambers highlighted one petition comment by Melissa Jennings, a former TANF recipient who pointed out that the bill penalizes children who are already being left behind by schools:
http://thinkprogress.org/
thinkprogress.org ...Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha...
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Carol defending her white supremacist leanings. You're incredible.
lily really, really loves the race card

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Remember Obama telling us if we pass the Stimulus Caterpillar would be able to re-hire thousands of Laid-Off employees back wasn’t true, today Caterpillar laying off another 460 employees due to Obama’s Policies!! What the Stimulus didn’t do Obama’s policies is doing …Killing Jobs!!
No, we don't remember it because he never said it...is there something in the Grumpy Old Prick DNA that makes them allergic to truth, fairness, and writing skills?
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

More proof that the GOP hates children:
As Tennessee prepares to consider two bills to reduce welfare assistance for needy families whose children are not doing well in school, a Change.org petition has popped up to fight the measure. The petition was started by Clergy for Justice, a Tennesse-based organization of clergy that has previously advocated for causes including immigration reform, health care, and anti-bullying laws. Within 36 hours, their petition garnered over 2,000 supporters from at least 145 cities and towns in Tennessee.
HB 0261 and SB 0132 would make family benefits from the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program conditional on a child’s educational performance. While Tennessee already ties welfare assistance to students’ attendance, this new proposal would essentially make poor children responsible for keeping their families afloat.
In an email to ThinkProgress, Clergy For Justice co-organizer Kathy Chambers highlighted one petition comment by Melissa Jennings, a former TANF recipient who pointed out that the bill penalizes children who are already being left behind by schools:
http://thinkprogress.org/
The Welfare Reform Act signed by President Clinton was to benefit only those who were working and earning some kind of income.

Many people are now being rewarded for not working.

Why would anyone want to work? Shouldn't there be some kind of incentive built into receiving welfare benefits?

That is never going to happen anytime soon because more and more jobs are disappearing. Thanks to Obamacare.

Are you purposefully not paying attention?
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Carol defending her white supremacist leanings. You're incredible.
I'm not a Democrat from the deep south. Think again. You'll get it eventually.
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Alisa LaPolt Snow, the lobbyist representing the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified that her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion should be left up to the patient, the woman seeking an abortion, and her abortion doctor.

Rep. Jose Oliva asked the Planned Parenthood official: "I think that at that point the patient would be the child struggling on the table, wouldn’t you agree?”

"That’s a very good question. I really don’t know how to answer that," Snow said.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-pla...

Time to wake up people.
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

CNN - The U.S. Labor Department's monthly report showed that the economy added only 88,000 jobs in March, the lowest monthly gain since last June and far below expectations.

Nearly 500,000 people dropped out of the labor market.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/05/investing/sto...

Time to wake up people.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal rights for all. Why can't you comprehend that? This is a secular country not a theocracy.
White supremacists say what you said about blacks. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Just face it lily, blacks (and hispanics) are not gay friendly.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was wondering. Just because Disney is apparently safe from the ObamaCare "disaster in the making" so far, other massive layoffs aren't that significant enough, I suppose.
Did you see the drop in Nasdaq, S&P and Dow last Friday? The line graph provided by CNN Money looked like the sheer surface of K9.
See what I mean? Looks like a descent off Mt. Everest last week.
It could have been a lot worse. The internals are all spooky.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Democrat from the deep south. Think again. You'll get it eventually.
Get what? That Louis Farrakhan is behind white supremacy? LOL!
First of all Louis Farrakhan represents himself and the Nation of Islam; he doesn't represent black people, I know you white supremacists think all blacks look alike, think alike, vote alike.
They don't; I don't know anyone who would even give Louis Farrakhan the time of the day for a second. Besides you.
Muslims and white supremacists hate Jews! Therefore, blacks are behind white supremacy! You're totally off your rocker.
You hate the Jews more than any other group. You may be all for defending Israel; but we all know where that stems from. I hear it all the time; the good Christians amongst each other with their extreme antiSemitic comments. You fool no one.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's start off with the fact that marriage has already gone through a fundamental transformation over the ages. It started off as a business deal exchanging a piece of property, the woman, from her father to her husband in exchange for money, livestock service. It is now a civil contract between two consenting adults. If someone wants to have their marriage blessed and performed by a priest, minister, rabbi or imam then they are free to do so.
As the effect on children the American Academy of Pediatrics has weighed in on the subject stating;
“The academy’s new policy statement says same-sex marriage helps guarantee rights, benefits and long-term security for children, while acknowledging that it does not now ensure access to federal benefits. When marriage is not an option, the academy said, children should not be deprived of foster care or adoption by single parents or couples, whatever their sexual orientation….”
“The academy cited research finding that a child’s well-being is much more affected by the strength of relationships among family members and a family’s social and economic resources than by the sexual orientation of the parents.“There is an emerging consensus, based on extensive review of the scientific literature, that children growing up in households headed by gay men or lesbians are not disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents.”
Opponents of marriage equality are simply trying enforce their own beliefs on others.
"pdumb"
Sounds like you are trying to enforce your views on others.
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but he jumped from the twentieth floor. She's been out hawking her memoir it...I don't know from the interviews if she mentions the gay rumors about him, but she has come out in support of her lesbian daughter. I Warren's case, I believe the son lived alone, so he probably had his own gun to be taken from his cold, dead hand.
Lol...fake teachers say what? Wow!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
First of all Louis Farrakhan represents himself and the Nation of Islam; he doesn't represent black people, I know you white supremacists think all blacks look alike, think alike, vote alike.
They don't; I don't know anyone who would even give Louis Farrakhan the time of the day for a second. Besides you.
Muslims and white supremacists hate Jews! Therefore, blacks are behind white supremacy! You're totally off your rocker.
You hate the Jews more than any other group. You may be all for defending Israel; but we all know where that stems from. I hear it all the time; the good Christians amongst each other with their extreme antiSemitic comments. You fool no one.
lily gets aroused using the race card

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> 500,000 people left the job market last month. Lowest participation rate since 1979. What planet are you living on?
"flack"
They are living and loving it on planet put your hand out. Why work? Just take advantage of food stamps, rent subsidies.
Peace

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That must have given you the thrill of your life. I don't know how a person like you could be allowed into the medical profession, you probably tell your family and friends all the personal things about patients. You're sickening. You should be fired.
"silly"
You are in fine form. One more time you rail against freedom of speech. The poster gave an example, he named no names, he slandered no one. You are a hypocrite.
Peace
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Chicago Tribune
October 3, 1985

Members of a white racist organization led by the former head of the California Ku Klux Klan provided Louis Farrakhan, the Black Muslim minister, with information about "Jewish extremists" and recently attended a rally by Farrakhan in Los Angeles contributing $100 according to members of both groups.

The contacts between the two groups are puzzling federal officials and worrying Jewish organizations who say an alliance may be forming between radical whites and radical blacks.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-10-03...

I didn't write for the Chicago Tribune.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Face it, the Grumpy Old Pricks don't work a lick (that almost rhymes), and are on paid vacations about half the time. What else do they have to occupy their energies with besides wasting more taxpayer money attacking attractive, successful (might as well face it) people of color.(Ileana and Mario? Their roots go back to the Mayflower, no doubt.)
If it weren't for Republicans providing the tax money, people such as you wouldn't be able to leech by so-called teaching, Work 9 months, 6hrs a day, 5 days a week, for 25-30,000 dollars.
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Lily, here's a little gem hidden in that Chicago Tribune article.

"Metzger`s group opposes integration and advocates white separatism. As a member of the Ku Klux Klan, Metzger recruited people to join the antiblack, anti-Jewish organization. In 1980, Metzger won the Democratic primary for a California congressional seat but was repudiated by state and national Democratic leadership and lost the general election."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-10-03...

Sounds like Democratic Metzger in 1985 was your Republican Akin in 2012...only worse.

Republicans "repudidated" Akin too. Didn't seem to matter then.

I'm just trying to help you, Lily. You have it wrong about who is mostly behind white supremecy.

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
CNN - The U.S. Labor Department's monthly report showed that the economy added only 88,000 jobs in March, the lowest monthly gain since last June and far below expectations.
Nearly 500,000 people dropped out of the labor market.
Time to wake up people.
FloriDUH wants us to wake up & go back to losing 750,000 jobs a month.
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It could have been a lot worse. The internals are all spooky.
The good news is even Democrats are starting to frantically back pedal on Obamacare.

The reality is finally sinking in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 814,181 - 814,200 of1,071,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••