Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
814,081 - 814,100 of 1,082,382 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
TonyC, hope this didn't post twice but hope you still took the time to read it.
From my own observation, more men are averse to homosexuality than women. Even so, most people, both sexes, have become accustomed to this lifestyle in the mainstream whether we all condone it or not. To use a broad brush and paint everyone who is against gay marraige as being against gays is an unfair and inaccurate statement.
Redefining something as stablizing and consistent as marriage in any society sanctioning a man marrying a man and a woman marrying a woman stretches the definition to the point of negating its original intent - the psychological and stablizing factor of children having both a mother and a father.
That certainly doesn't mean all mothers and fathers are good parents any more than gays are not good parents. But adoptive children in a heterosexual relationship is uniquely different in itself. Adoptive children in a homosexual relationship is a rather recent development and it has yet to be determined the long-term social and psychological adjustments.
Children can be as cruel to adoptive children of gay couples as gay children themselves. No matter how many walls have been broken down, it is still considered an alternative and different lifestyle and the number of gay parents are in a small minority.
It would be hard to imagine a child growing up without having any stigma attached to having homosexual parents in contrast to most, if not all, their friends having heterosexual ones.
We have become a society where children are more of an afterthought than the primary consideration. We already see that with the widespread apathy concerning abortion.
We must be very careful or risk unraveling the very fabric of remaining a civilized and structured society. Since we've already become apathetic in preserving human life, once the definition of marriage has no meaning other than a self-serving one as well, the structure and foundation of this last remaining stronghold could easily become a free-for-all mentality and further blur the lines of a civilized society for children. Whitney was right. The children are our future. What we teach them is how they will lead the way.
Any society without boundaries or structure becomes more barbaric than civilized. Rome is the perfect example.
This is where I believe most of us who are against gay marriage stand. I feel fairly safe in speaking for most of them as well.
Well let's start off with the fact that marriage has already gone through a fundamental transformation over the ages. It started off as a business deal exchanging a piece of property, the woman, from her father to her husband in exchange for money, livestock service. It is now a civil contract between two consenting adults. If someone wants to have their marriage blessed and performed by a priest, minister, rabbi or imam then they are free to do so.
As the effect on children the American Academy of Pediatrics has weighed in on the subject stating;
“The academy’s new policy statement says same-sex marriage helps guarantee rights, benefits and long-term security for children, while acknowledging that it does not now ensure access to federal benefits. When marriage is not an option, the academy said, children should not be deprived of foster care or adoption by single parents or couples, whatever their sexual orientation….”
“The academy cited research finding that a child’s well-being is much more affected by the strength of relationships among family members and a family’s social and economic resources than by the sexual orientation of the parents.“There is an emerging consensus, based on extensive review of the scientific literature, that children growing up in households headed by gay men or lesbians are not disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents.”

Opponents of marriage equality are simply trying enforce their own beliefs on others.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Like most gun owners in this country, I’m not an NRA member. It’s possible that Wayne LaPierre got my name off a mailing list from catalogs that sell hunting gear.

LaPierre is the NRA’s perpetually apoplectic “executive vice president.” You see him on TV preaching against gun control, practically levitating with paranoia. He signed the letter that arrived with the nifty duffel-bag offer.

One thing about Wayne, he likes to underline. He’s also fond of bold-face type, and of capitalizing important words. This rises to a fever pitch when he’s writing about “anti-gun members of Congress”:

And they will not stop until they BAN hundreds of commonly owned firearms, PROHIBIT private transfers of firearms, CLOSE gun shops and shows, and DESTROY your freedom to defend yourself, your home and your loved ones.

Here’s another beauty:

Remember, gun ban politicians and their media allies are on the attack. And the future of your freedom is at stake.

LaPierre might seem like an under-medicated whack job, but he’s just acting. His job is to frighten people, and to sell more guns.

Major firearms manufacturers such as Smith &Wesson and Beretta have given millions of dollars to the NRA. Sturm & Ruger donated a dollar from every gun sale to the organization from May 2011 to May 2012, raising $1.25 million.

This isn’t mentioned in Wayne’s letter. He calls the NRA a “grassroots membership organization,” when in reality it’s a cold-hearted lobby for the gun industry.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/06/3325725...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

and i bet the irony will escape the nutjobs...

Ironically, pro-gun white nationalists have tried to stand the "Hitler took the guns" idea on its head by arguing that he was in fact a staunch supporter of the right to bear arms—for Aryans. William Pierce, author of the race war fantasy The Turner Diaries, made this claim in his book Gun Control in Germany, 1928-1945. So who's behind the effort to paint Hitler as anti-gun? The Jews, of course.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/01/hitle...

so who was a William Pierce fan?

an ATF hating right wing terrorist who looked like an Aryan.

Timothy McVeigh, responsible for the Oklahoma City bombing, was found carrying an envelope containing pages from "The Turner Diaries" after the attack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turner_Diari...
Uncle Felix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
CBS? GOP mumbo-jumbo?
"New research suggests trees play a more complicated role in air pollution than previously thought with some species shown to worsen smoggy conditions that pose a health risk to humans."
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-205_162-544188.ht...
Oops. You bad again.
Wrong doofus. You are parroting Ronald Reagan. He was wrong and so are you. "Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do."
Reagan was falsely referencing the photochemical reaction that causes ground level ozone pollution (GLOP), also known as photochemical smog. Smog is created when automobile and power plant emissions are broken down into ozone and other chemicals by strong sunlight. These reactions are amplified by the presence of various volatile organic compounds, or VOCs. During hot weather many tree species release volatile organic compounds into the atmosphere, notably terpenes and isoprenes (pine pitch is a terpene). Other VOCs that contribute to GLOP include gasoline, kerosene, paint, paint thinner and other industrial solvents.
Reagan's statement and your's, is false because volatile organic compounds produced by trees do not cause pollution any more than the sun causes pollution. You might as well say, "the sun causes more pollution than automobiles do." Photochemical ozone pollution is created when automobile and power plant pollution is broken down by strong sunlight in the presence of any number of volatile organic compounds.
GLOP or photochemical smog is only created in areas that receive large amounts of pollution from automobiles and power plants. Trees are not required to create it. Without the input of large amounts of man made nitrogen oxides by cars and power plants, the VOCs released by forests on a summer day have nothing to react with and they do not create any pollution. You're circulating false information and lies. So dummy up there with the propaganda Doofus. Oops. You bad again.
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>The gay issue is a funny issue. Gays claim that their behavioral choices are accepted and they manufacture bogus claims of acceptance.
However, as it sits, only 9 state allow for same sex redefining of marriages. Only one of those 9 were voted into that state.
In fact, even the SCOTUS justices said that this experiment with same sex redefining of marriage is a new thing and only as of 2001, worldwide. In most cases, it is not a good thing.
The fact is this, marriages without children and with no shared biological children have a 300% higher failure rate. Here is what is relevant, if a gay brings his/her biological child into a same sex marriage, then that means either a previous divorce or a child out of wedlock. In each case, it means that a child is torn from one of his/her parents and only a dishonest person can see that as a good thing, with all things being equal.
For one thing you're a liar. Three states have accepted marriage equality by popular vote; Maine, Maryland and Washington. Sexual orientation is not a choice ignoramus , it's how someone is born.
There are many marriages that have lasted even without children and many with children fail. Same sex marriages don't necessarily bring in a child from divorce or out of wed lock, many adopt or in the case of a union between two women use a sperm donor to have a child.
The bottom line is that gays and lesbians go to work, pay taxes and vote like any other citizens and deserve the same rights under the 14th Amendment ; equal rights and protections under the law.
You're a bigot and an idiot.
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's start off with the fact that marriage has already gone through a fundamental transformation over the ages. It started off as a business deal exchanging a piece of property, the woman, from her father to her husband in exchange for money, livestock service. It is now a civil contract between two consenting adults. If someone wants to have their marriage blessed and performed by a priest, minister, rabbi or imam then they are free to do so.
As the effect on children the American Academy of Pediatrics has weighed in on the subject stating;
“The academy’s new policy statement says same-sex marriage helps guarantee rights, benefits and long-term security for children, while acknowledging that it does not now ensure access to federal benefits. When marriage is not an option, the academy said, children should not be deprived of foster care or adoption by single parents or couples, whatever their sexual orientation….”
“The academy cited research finding that a child’s well-being is much more affected by the strength of relationships among family members and a family’s social and economic resources than by the sexual orientation of the parents.“There is an emerging consensus, based on extensive review of the scientific literature, that children growing up in households headed by gay men or lesbians are not disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents.”
Opponents of marriage equality are simply trying enforce their own beliefs on others.
Already! 8:00am & you already posting nonsense!. First off your talking about what marriage wasthousands oof years ago. The point is, we're not talking about what marriage used to be to the ancients. What has marriage or how has it been defined since America was formed because it wasn't founded as folks always say, but how was it defined? 2nd the implication that children are as well off with gays as they are with straights is total bullshit! The truth is, a child raised in a gay household is more likely to be gay, & a child raised in a straight household is more likely to be straight. All those people doing tests are doing them with a bias to push their gay agenda &, with limited time spans for limited studies. We have life as far as ones mind can travel backwards to prove my point. Question, if bring gay is normal, why don't straight kids pray to be gay & commit suicide when they realize they're not?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Already! 8:00am & you already posting nonsense!. First off your talking about what marriage wasthousands oof years ago. The point is, we're not talking about what marriage used to be to the ancients. What has marriage or how has it been defined since America was formed because it wasn't founded as folks always say, but how was it defined? 2nd the implication that children are as well off with gays as they are with straights is total bullshit! The truth is, a child raised in a gay household is more likely to be gay, & a child raised in a straight household is more likely to be straight. All those people doing tests are doing them with a bias to push their gay agenda &, with limited time spans for limited studies. We have life as far as ones mind can travel backwards to prove my point. Question, if bring gay is normal, why don't straight kids pray to be gay & commit suicide when they realize they're not?
gay bias?

and straight people have no bias?

all we have to do is read your post to answer that question.
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The left lies as a matter of practice. The majority knows gay people should not be able to twist the system for financial and flamboyant gain and would vote gays down. The circus courts are the only way the sick gays corrupt society
HEY STUPID! What part of equal rights and protections under the law don't you understand? The fact is that the majority of Americans, 58% say that same sex marriage should be legal. Even Republicans and Republican leaning independents age 18 to 34 say that it should be legal 52%-43%.
www.washingtonpost.com/.../gay-marriage-suppo... ...
Ignorant bigots like you are a dying breed.
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
For one thing you're a liar. Three states have accepted marriage equality by popular vote; Maine, Maryland and Washington. Sexual orientation is not a choice ignoramus , it's how someone is born.
There are many marriages that have lasted even without children and many with children fail. Same sex marriages don't necessarily bring in a child from divorce or out of wed lock, many adopt or in the case of a union between two women use a sperm donor to have a child.
The bottom line is that gays and lesbians go to work, pay taxes and vote like any other citizens and deserve the same rights under the 14th Amendment ; equal rights and protections under the law.
You're a bigot and an idiot.
You have all the same rights whether you're gay or not &, gays even have a few more out of the guise of equality, but let me get this correct. Your plans are to rewrite the law, the Bible, & the definition of marriage, all to satisfy gay folks yearning to feel normal. Let me guess, you're Christian also!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Controversial faith leader Rob Bell spoke over the weekend at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco, Calif., where the former pastor openly endorsed gay marriage. When asked about the controversial issue by The Very Rev. Dr. Jane Shaw, who was moderating the event, he offered up a clear and concise response – one that will serve as a surprise to many conservative evangelicals.

“Yes, I am for marriage. I am for fidelity. I am for love,” he said, going on to get more specific.“Whether it’s a man and a woman, a woman and a woman, a man and a man — and I think the ship has sailed and I think the church needs to just — this is the world we’re living in and we need to affirm people wherever they are.”

Bell also addressed the political association that is generally attached to American Christians. Rather than embracing the notion that most believers are conservative in nature, he said that dynamic no longer holds true.

“I think we are witnessing the death of a particular subculture that doesn’t work. I think there is a very narrow, politically intertwined, culturally ghettoized, Evangelical subculture that was told ‘we’re gonna change the thing’ and they haven’t,” Bell said.“And they actually have turned away lots of people. And i think that when you’re in a part of a subculture that is dying, you make a lot more noise because it’s very painful. You sort of die or you adapt.”

The pastor and author went on to say that some of the methods that Christians have used to discuss God have not been inclusive and have done little to bring people into the fold. He even called some policies that Christians have embraced “destructive” and he called for believers to “repent.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/19/wh...
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
gay bias?
and straight people have no bias?
all we have to do is read your post to answer that question.
Then evidently you can't read, because I clearly stated go back in history as far back as America was formed to define marriage. As far as gay in general, it's an abomination, but I could care less what dude does what with what dude, & the same with women. Since you was so quick too respond answer the question I asked. WHY DON'T STRAIGHT KIDS PRAY TO NOT BE GAY, THEN COMMIT SUICIDE WHEN THEY REALIZE THEY'RE STRAIGHT?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You sonicfiller don't want to hear the truth because you don't want your deranged delusions and illusions destroyed.. You say you dream big.. I say you think small...The reason your eyes are useless when your mind is blind..
deranged delusions and illusions? dream big? think small? mind is blind?

I'm not a Christian.

(;-/
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Employees at the Walt Disney Co. are bracing for layoffs that are expected in the coming weeks as part of a reorganization of key operations.

How long do we have to wait before some good news? Layoffs are becoming an epidemic. Isn't the goal of economic recovery to create jobs?

Meanwhile, the number on welare is growing by leaps and bounds.

Somethin' just ain't right.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Then evidently you can't read, because I clearly stated go back in history as far back as America was formed to define marriage. As far as gay in general, it's an abomination, but I could care less what dude does what with what dude, & the same with women. Since you was so quick too respond answer the question I asked. WHY DON'T STRAIGHT KIDS PRAY TO NOT BE GAY, THEN COMMIT SUICIDE WHEN THEY REALIZE THEY'RE STRAIGHT?
oh my. a hypothetical question in CAPS. very intimidating.

most gay kids commit suicide because some azzhole like you makes sure they know the definition of: bully.

and this is an internet forum full of nutjobs just like you. your bully shtick is about as effective as some other nutjob who posts the same insult 100 times a day. get a grip. no one is scared.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
deranged delusions and illusions? dream big? think small? mind is blind?
I'm not a Christian.
(;-/
You're not losing your brain sonicfiller. You're getting rid of it... You have no intention of finding it again idiot...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh my. a hypothetical question in CAPS. very intimidating.
most gay kids commit suicide because some azzhole like you makes sure they know the definition of: bully.
and this is an internet forum full of nutjobs just like you. your bully shtick is about as effective as some other nutjob who posts the same insult 100 times a day. get a grip. no one is scared.
You are an extraordinary parade of deranged and delusional bullshit sonicfiller..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You are an extraordinary parade of deranged and delusional bullshit sonicfiller..

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Sonic,
Gay people are freaks.
A lot of them are very nice people, but they are still freaks.
No ifs ands or buts about it. They are freaks.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
Employees at the Walt Disney Co. are bracing for layoffs that are expected in the coming weeks as part of a reorganization of key operations.
How long do we have to wait before some good news? Layoffs are becoming an epidemic. Isn't the goal of economic recovery to create jobs?
Meanwhile, the number on welare is growing by leaps and bounds.
Somethin' just ain't right.
It's seasonal Carol, happens at WDW every year doll. On the other hand Disney is spending a few hundred million $ to rebuild Downtown Disney creating what will become Disney Springs. The project will create thousands of construction and related jobs.

By the way and as I predicted, the parents of the 12 year old who took the family Mach 10 to school will not be prosecuted because they kept the weapon and ammo in separate locations. Hah__that's a special exemption in the law for wealthy white folk.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Sonic,
You're a freak too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search