Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884814 Apr 7, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Sonic,
Post some more spam, why don'tcha?
oh you mean the kind that has a citation at the end?

somewhat unlike the 'everybody knows' meme that permeates the right wing spam, don't you think?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884815 Apr 7, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Sonic,
Gay people are freaks.
A lot of them are very nice people, but they are still freaks.
No ifs ands or buts about it. They are freaks.
so what about gay Christians? super freaks?

ok nutjobs, let's hear about how 'everybody knows' there are no gay Christians.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884816 Apr 7, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Already! 8:00am & you already posting nonsense!. First off your talking about what marriage wasthousands oof years ago. The point is, we're not talking about what marriage used to be to the ancients. What has marriage or how has it been defined since America was formed because it wasn't founded as folks always say, but how was it defined? 2nd the implication that children are as well off with gays as they are with straights is total bullshit! The truth is, a child raised in a gay household is more likely to be gay, & a child raised in a straight household is more likely to be straight. All those people doing tests are doing them with a bias to push their gay agenda &, with limited time spans for limited studies. We have life as far as ones mind can travel backwards to prove my point. Question, if bring gay is normal, why don't straight kids pray to be gay & commit suicide when they realize they're not?
8:00 am and two days of making a fool of yourself
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884817 Apr 7, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The black db rider!
lol

and as astute as someone who calls into the Limbaugh show asking for marital advice. just like his bruther.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884819 Apr 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Also intriguing is the sudden change in server location.
probably just the white db rider trying to hide his true color(s).

pun very much intended.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884821 Apr 7, 2013
African Americans are evenly split on the issue of same sex marriage. Forty-two percent feel that marriage is exclusively defined as between a man and a woman; while 40% would support gay marriages having the same rights as heterosexual couples. We also asked a question about ministers who oppose homosexuality and gay marriage.

The results were evenly split:
* One in three (34%) support the ministers;
* One in three (31%) say the ministers are wrong; and
* One in three (35%) have no opinion

http://www.blacknews.com/news/robert_l_johnso...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884822 Apr 7, 2013
Guns - Sixty-seven percent (two out of three polled) favor a ban on assault weapons, while 20% oppose such a ban. This includes a majority of all age groups.

Expressing a deep concern about reaction to crime in the Black community, seventy-five percent (three out of four) believe that the Nation pays less attention to Black on Black crimes than on gun crimes against whites.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884823 Apr 7, 2013
So, what did the poll, which I have chosen to entitle Black Opinions in the Age of Obama reveal? African Americans have an immense sense of pride in Barack Obama as President of the United States and he is unequivocally liked. He receives a 91% favorable rating. Seventy-two percent believe that President Obama's election has helped them while only 4% believe his election has hurt them.

Consistent with the data that shows that African Americans believe that President Obama's election has helped them, a majority of those polled - 62 percent - are optimistic about employment in the next four years.

Thirty percent (30%) of the respondents say they are doing better off financially than they were four years ago, about half say they are at least doing the same, and twenty-five percent (25%) say that "African Americans in general" are doing better while forty-four percent (44%) say they are doing about the same and twenty-one percent (21%) say they are worse off.

On race relations, tied to this feeling that the Obama presidency has been positive for African Americans fifty-three percent (53%) say that white-African American relations will improve, while only twenty-three (23%) are pessimistic.

When asked why they believed the Black unemployment rate was double that of whites. Responses include:
* Failure of the education system for minorities/African Americans (50%)
* Lack of corporate commitment to hiring minorities/African Americans (48%)
* Lack of good government policies (25%)

Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#884824 Apr 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's seasonal Carol, happens at WDW every year doll. On the other hand Disney is spending a few hundred million $ to rebuild Downtown Disney creating what will become Disney Springs. The project will create thousands of construction and related jobs.
By the way and as I predicted, the parents of the 12 year old who took the family Mach 10 to school will not be prosecuted because they kept the weapon and ammo in separate locations. Hah__that's a special exemption in the law for wealthy white folk.
Could be wrong but don't think Disney Co. preparing for seasonal layoffs would be all over the headlines.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#884827 Apr 7, 2013
"Season ticket on a one-way ride"

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#884830 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>The gay issue is a funny issue. Gays claim that their behavioral choices are accepted and they manufacture bogus claims of acceptance.
However, as it sits, only 9 state allow for same sex redefining of marriages. Only one of those 9 were voted into that state.
In fact, even the SCOTUS justices said that this experiment with same sex redefining of marriage is a new thing and only as of 2001, worldwide. In most cases, it is not a good thing.
The fact is this, marriages without children and with no shared biological children have a 300% higher failure rate. Here is what is relevant, if a gay brings his/her biological child into a same sex marriage, then that means either a previous divorce or a child out of wedlock. In each case, it means that a child is torn from one of his/her parents and only a dishonest person can see that as a good thing, with all things being equal.
Gays insist they're not after special rights, just equality. They lie. They've already been given special rights. See what happens when a gay gets his ass kicked, in a fair fight, with a normal person. All the gay has to do is proclaim his gayness and the fight becomes a "hate crime", punishable under a whole set of stricter guidelines. If ten gays jumped a normal person's ass, it doesn't constitute a "hate crime" unless it can be proven, by witnesses, he was attacked 'because' he was straight. If that's not 'special rights', what is?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#884832 Apr 7, 2013
Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be wrong but don't think Disney Co. preparing for seasonal layoffs would be all over the headlines.
Headlines? I had to google to learn that the "key operations" are in the TV-Movie and Consumer Products divisions where there is some reorganizing going on. The television group is laying of 5% of it's workforce, or about 400 people. Disney's earnings are topping forecasts in spite of Millionaire being cancelled.

Disney employs nearly 200,000 in the US not including vendors.

Every segment of the economy is improving, sorry that you're disappointed that DaBammy didn't kill the country. Maybe you should read past the headlines doll.
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#884833 Apr 7, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays insist they're not after special rights, just equality. They lie. They've already been given special rights. See what happens when a gay gets his ass kicked, in a fair fight, with a normal person. All the gay has to do is proclaim his gayness and the fight becomes a "hate crime", punishable under a whole set of stricter guidelines. If ten gays jumped a normal person's ass, it doesn't constitute a "hate crime" unless it can be proven, by witnesses, he was attacked 'because' he was straight. If that's not 'special rights', what is?
That's the problem with gay marriage. Once the definition is changed to "include" gays, it would "exclude" someone else.

My guess is pleuralists would be next demanding multiple wives under the new definition.

Who's to say their alternate lifestyle shouldn't be included too?
NJ raider 1

Elizabeth, NJ

#884834 Apr 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh my. a hypothetical question in CAPS. very intimidating.
most gay kids commit suicide because some azzhole like you makes sure they know the definition of: bully.
and this is an internet forum full of nutjobs just like you. your bully shtick is about as effective as some other nutjob who posts the same insult 100 times a day. get a grip. no one is scared.
Evidently you are, because I wasn't trying to scare you . I was waiting for you to say some dumshit about bullying. So your implying that gay kids commit suicide because they're bullied. Are try the only bullied kids? No! But straight kids ain't running around killing themselves. Why is that? Because they're not mentally confused! You answer my question backwards. I asked why don't straight kids pray to be gay & when they realize they're straight commit suicide? Because they're comfortable with themselves. Bullying has been a part of life since the beginning of time, yet suicide from bullying is a new phenomenon in the last generation. You all close your eyes to the statistics & push blame at the normal for you all confusing these kids. Y'all have them thinking about sex too early to process the issue correctly. In the past 10 years a shit load of pre teens have committed suicide because tall told them it was cool to be gay & totally f ucked their weak minds up.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#884835 Apr 7, 2013
Sonic,
I remember one homosexual who got shot in the hind quarters by his boyfriend for cheating, so the story goes.
That bullet went straight through and exited his wiener.
I saw it Sonic, for I was working in the ER.
He was in pretty bad shape and ended up with a double barrel colostomy after multiple surgeries.
NJ raider 1

Elizabeth, NJ

#884837 Apr 7, 2013
HERMES wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh oh, that may have been a little harsh. I typed it before I realized that you said you never attended high school. Oh, well, you can relive your "high school daze" with your idiot sons, before one (or both?) die in a hail of bullets after some teenaged oaf, who's been thrown over by some budding Newark streetwalker, has gone berserk and decided to take out a few of her potential suitors.
So basically your coming out the closet. That's what you said without saying as much!
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#884838 Apr 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Headlines? I had to google to learn that the "key operations" are in the TV-Movie and Consumer Products divisions where there is some reorganizing going on. The television group is laying of 5% of it's workforce, or about 400 people. Disney's earnings are topping forecasts in spite of Millionaire being cancelled.
Every segment of the economy is improving, sorry that you're disappointed that DaBammy didn't kill the country. Maybe you should read past the headlines doll.
Perhaps, you're right. Disney could possibly be immune from the Obamacare tax and punish law more so than other companies.

The Washington Times:
A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:

Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
Covidien - 595 layoffs
Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
Hill Rom - 200 layoffs

There's plenty more.

There's also the problem of a shift from full-time to part-time workers that is a direct result of Obamacare.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884840 Apr 7, 2013
Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
What headlines? The papers people like you read know exactly how to push your buttons, just like your politicians know how to use gay marriage and abortion to get you to the polls.
You're a sheep.
Have you not lived in Florida for many years? You know what happens here every summer?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#884841 Apr 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Headlines? I had to google to learn that the "key operations" are in the TV-Movie and Consumer Products divisions where there is some reorganizing going on. The television group is laying of 5% of it's workforce, or about 400 people. Disney's earnings are topping forecasts in spite of Millionaire being cancelled.
500,000 people left the job market last month. Lowest participation rate since 1979. What planet are you living on?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884842 Apr 7, 2013
The youngest son of Rick Warren, author of "The Purpose Driven Life," has committed suicide, the evangelical pastor said in a letter to members of his church on Saturday.

Matthew Warren was found dead of what appeared to be suicide by gunshot in his home in Mission Viejo, Calif., said Supervising Deputy Dan Aikin of the Orange County Sheriff-Coroner’s Department. The estimated time of death was 10 a.m. on Friday morning.

In spite of America’s best doctors, meds, counselors, and prayers for healing, the torture of mental illness never subsided,” Warren wrote to church members.“Today, after a fun evening together with Kay and me, in a momentary wave of despair at his home, he took his life.”

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/06/17...

Ok, years of suffering with mental illness and had a gun. Here we go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min KiMerde 50,607
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 70,024
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 1 hr no one 42
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Hot coed babe 47,487
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Frank 179,284
$15/hr. for fast food employees..... 3 hr joey 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Grau 68,643
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]