Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
GW Bush

United States

#884749 Apr 6, 2013
Gee, what happened to my "No Child Left Behind" program? Over 1/3 of all highschool students are dropping out.

Wait a minute. If you take the reciprocal of 1/3, that equals 3. Only 3 kids dropped out during my eight years in office.

woo hoo!

(See what wonders fuzzy math can accomplish?)
youth

Cheyenne, WY

#884750 Apr 6, 2013
JOIN THE BIGGEST ONLINE YOUTH FORUM-THE YOUTH QUESTION, WHERE TOPICAL ISSUES CONCERNING THE YOUTHS ARE DISCUSSED..click here to see 4urself...http://www.facebook. com/430831030332341?refid=13
GW Bush

United States

#884751 Apr 6, 2013
Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you also find that 17 minute rambling answer to the question asked at a town hall meeting before the first election?
That's a classic. No one knew where he was going or what he was talking about anymore after the first 5 minutes.
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice and I'll climb up a tree and start screaming like a chimp. Until you give me a banana.

Fool me three times and... I double-dare you to fool me a fourth.

Fool me four times and... I'll git really mad.

Fool me five times and...
Uncle Dick Cheney

United States

#884752 Apr 6, 2013
Of course, you know who was REALLY running the country from 2001-2009.

Bah ha ha
Smackem

United States

#884753 Apr 6, 2013
I see Auntie Pearl, the biggest GOP cochroachie of them all just gave up the fight and scurried back under the fridge with the rest of her bretheren.

Here comes the Raid spray, coachroachies.

Sssss! Sssss!

Ah, GOP roachies lying on the ground with their legs up in the air, twitching. Life is good.
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#884754 Apr 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
"To use a broad brush and paint everyone who is against gay marraige as being against gays is an unfair and inaccurate statement."
No. You can't be my friend and be against my marriage. That's just something people tell themselves so they don't feel like bad people. You can't separate me from my husband. Rejected.
The same weak arguments you made about stigmas and children living with gay parents were made about interracial kids. Rejected. The problem there is with society, not with the interracial kids, not with the kids being raised by gay parents. And as time goes on, those problems correct themselves thanks to...what? INFORMATION and EXPERIENCE which wipe out the ignorance.
The fact is gay couples already do and will always raise children. Therefore those children must be addressed equally under the law. There is no rational reason to deny equality to their families, just because you're afraid of the unknown. You can't prove harm, game over, case closed. And all early studies show every indication kids in gay families are just fine. P.S. You don't ban single parents, so don't be a hypocrite and pretend this isn't about prejudice. Just because you can't imagine beyond your prejudice, doesn't mean the rest of us won't.
This is really about respecting your nation and your neighbors. We don't have to live by your rules.
There's no doubt in my mind homosexual couples are as fit to be good parents as heterosexuals. You're right that various studies have shown adoptive children of homosexuals are as well-adjusted as any other child.

But as loving as homosexuals might be as parents, they can't replace a loving mother and a father.

In any civilized society, there has to be a set of core values and boundaries so that everyone is at least reading the same chapter. Right now, we're reading different books. Add abortion to the mix, and we're in different libraries.

You get my drift.

Once we cross too many lines, the next version of what society must tolerate whether we like it or not is soon to follow. There is now a growing concern that infanticide is next in line. Something I hope you would find unacceptable too.

The definition of marriage is a stronghold in society that cannot be broken. As unfair as it seems to gays.

But life isn't always fair and there are some things we just have to accept. The ageless definition of marriage is one of them.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#884755 Apr 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>And you can keep on 'til hell freezes over before I deign to point out that you, Mud Builder of the Modulars, a legend among the mini-minded, doesn't know the difference between presence and presents. You "all" ruin every thread you're on and then go stalking because the discussions you generate among "yourselves" is totally boring even with half-sits. Just leave me alone...let someone else take your gun from you cold dead ass asap.
Like clockwork, are you predictable or what!
You're like a Slinky - absolutely useless, but it always brings a smile to my face when you're pushed down the stairs.
Custom built modulars??? LOL.
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#884756 Apr 6, 2013
GW Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice and I'll climb up a tree and start screaming like a chimp. Until you give me a banana.
Fool me three times and... I double-dare you to fool me a fourth.
Fool me four times and... I'll git really mad.
Fool me five times and...
Bush was not comfortable as a public speaker, granted. He had a reputation for being quite articulate and convincing in more intimate groups.

This is one of my favorites.

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber."
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#884757 Apr 6, 2013
Smackem wrote:
I see Auntie Pearl, the biggest GOP cochroachie of them all just gave up the fight and scurried back under the fridge with the rest of her bretheren.
Here comes the Raid spray, coachroachies.
Sssss! Sssss!
Ah, GOP roachies lying on the ground with their legs up in the air, twitching. Life is good.
You really don't think you're fooling anybody, do you? How many names does this one make in the last 30 minutes?
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#884758 Apr 6, 2013
Smackem wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... GOP scientific mumbo-jumbo.
Back to your cave, Moon Bat.
CBS? GOP mumbo-jumbo?

"New research suggests trees play a more complicated role in air pollution than previously thought with some species shown to worsen smoggy conditions that pose a health risk to humans."

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-205_162-544188.ht...

Oops. You bad again.
Fushnicken

Brooklyn, NY

#884759 Apr 6, 2013
Carol has the mensies soo much tampax decided to open up a factory in her vagina.
Aunt Mattie Pearl

Orlando, FL

#884760 Apr 6, 2013
Smackem wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, good for you and "USA Today". Try Human Rights Watch.
As if Obama sent in CIA and special forces operators to create the gangs of thugs now operating in that country.
Sorry, elephant. But your "spread the blame" game isn't working.
Faleh Abdul-Jabbar, the director of the Baghdad-based Iraq Institute for Strategic Studies, told the BBC the US withdrawal would be "counter-productive for so many reasons" pointing to Iraq's political vacuum and its "weak army and reviving insurgency".

"Withdrawal at this point would send the wrong signals to the political class, saying that the US is withdrawing no matter what. And second, it would send the wrong signal also to the insurgency - dormant or active - that we are withdrawing no matter what, and they would see it as a retreat," he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-1...

Apparently, Obama saw it differently. Time will tell who was right - Faleh Abdul-Jabbar or Barack Obama.
GW Bush

United States

#884761 Apr 6, 2013
Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't think you're fooling anybody, do you? How many names does this one make in the last 30 minutes?
I'll use my GOP fuzzy math skills to figure it out.

Yes... No... Maybe...

...i dunno

Can you repeat the question?
GW Bush

United States

#884762 Apr 6, 2013
Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
CBS? GOP mumbo-jumbo?
"New research suggests trees play a more complicated role in air pollution than previously thought with some species shown to worsen smoggy conditions that pose a health risk to humans."
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-205_162-544188.ht...
Oops. You bad again.
LoL... "Attack of the Killer Trees" brought to you by Auntie Moon Bat.

Hurry and cut them all down before they gitcha.

Woo hoo hoo! Yeah, you bad alright.
Smackem

United States

#884763 Apr 6, 2013
Aunt Mattie Pearl wrote:
<quoted text>
Faleh Abdul-Jabbar, the director of the Baghdad-based Iraq Institute for Strategic Studies, told the BBC the US withdrawal would be "counter-productive for so many reasons" pointing to Iraq's political vacuum and its "weak army and reviving insurgency".
"Withdrawal at this point would send the wrong signals to the political class, saying that the US is withdrawing no matter what. And second, it would send the wrong signal also to the insurgency - dormant or active - that we are withdrawing no matter what, and they would see it as a retreat," he added.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-1...
Apparently, Obama saw it differently. Time will tell who was right - Faleh Abdul-Jabbar or Barack Obama.
Auntie, stick with USA Today. It's about your speed.

You don't have the background knowledge to understand what's happening over there.

And once more, your GOP "spread the blame" game isn't working.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#884764 Apr 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
1. F*** you. Who the hell do you think you are?
2. I didn't give you any presents.(Yes, I'm making fun of your stupidity again.)
3. Normal people give each other the benefit of the doubt when it comes to respect in a discussion.
4. Shove your sympathy.
5. The law will bludgeon you with my normality soon enough.
Normal people?

Do you read the news? If gay marriage is imposed on society (it damn sure won't be voted in), do you think it would be possible a father could marry his son to avoid inheritance tax? Are you good with that?
Flori-DUH

United States

#884765 Apr 6, 2013
Did CBS say... Killer Trees?

Heavens to Betsy! Because if CBS said it, it must be true.
Fahlel Abdul Jabbar

United States

#884766 Apr 6, 2013
Obama pulled out too soon. My think tank told me so. The one financed by the American Heritage Foundation.

Spokane, WA

#884767 Apr 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I did Evidently you're as GD dumb as the slur slinging slug.
GFY
"real dumb"
If you posted the link once you can do it again. You will not. The reason? There is no link. Just more of the BS and lies you spread so freely.
Peace
KMA

Spokane, WA

#884768 Apr 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant thinking dumbass Eed.
One example.
Tell it to the guy who blew the head off his kid.
In my mind she should have called the police.
Inly in the world of dumbass Eed is B & E a death penalty crime.
"real dumb"
You prove you prove your stoopidity with every post you make. Call the police, listen up "real dumb" the piece of crap was in her home.
He was between her and the phone.
Break into my home and I will make it - home owner shoots intruder dead in his front room - police say no charges will be filed.
Please continue to post. You are stoopid.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 1 hr RACE 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 8 hr i need a bump to 22
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]