Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,685)

Showing posts 813,681 - 813,700 of1,036,630
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no words to adequately describe my reaction to this video.
Whatever inspired this man to make that speech, let's hope it's contagious. In fact, let's get down on our knees and pray it is.
The voice of common sense and reason. What America is starving to hear.
Oh, for goodness sakes, bets, what america is starving to hear is, "Oh, BOB! that's the biggest one I've ever seen!" Well, half of us are... the other half want to hear, "Hey, honey, I bought you a 5 carat perfect pink diamond today to thank you for all you do around here. here you go, sweetie. Now, I have to go back to work, are you going to be alright here by the pool until I get home... around... 11 pm or so?"
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

It is telling that while President Obama has recently done interview after interview in which he has weighed in with his support on same-sex marriage, by comparison, his support of affirmative action in recent years has seemed perfunctory at best.(A Google search of "Obama on affirmative action" yields 44.4 million results, while a search of "Obama on same sex marriage" yields 506 million.)

I am glad that LGBT Americans are finally on their way to being accepted fully as Americans who have just as much right to the American dream as the rest of us. But I think it is unfortunate that a year from now, it is very possible that white, gay Americans will talk about their status as minorities with nostalgia, if they talk about it at all.

Meanwhile, their brown and black LGBT brothers and sisters will still struggle daily for economic equality -- in part because politicians, media and the Supreme Court were too busy focusing on making one already privileged group happy while forgetting that the struggles of the others still exist.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>All that meth you are inhaling from your lab is killing millions of your brain cells.
Nothing to say about your buddy who stays up night after night pretending to be carol?
Waxman

Leamington Spa, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Betsy wrote:
I can't wake up, hubby! Hoe do you know when a man's dead?
When he tells you he is a Democrat, of course.
DCobamafool

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

WaxmanIdiot wrote:
<quoted text> better off being a zero to the right that will give us millions in numbers, unlike a zero to the left who republicans normally are, you'll always be more than a zero to the left and to the dems. Typical wrong wing idiot.
lowlifebottomfeedingObamaworsh ippingmoronforsure say what? LOL
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you ever disciplined by your parents?
Why is it liberals equate discipline with a beating? Were you beaten as a child? I sure hope not. If so, at least that would explain your own personal view.
If not, were you ever disciplined? And did you never do anything wrong as a child? Because the perfect child doesn't exist.
Most children whose parents cared enough to teach them right from wrong when they were growing up love them even more after becoming adults themselves.
True for me anyway.
Not really, it wasn't necessary, my father gave serious looks that we're extremely effective, mother pulled our hair a few times. We were obedient. Different times, older parents, farm life etc.
I don't believe in corporal punishment either, didnt hit my children, violence begets violence.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Too weird for me. I just look at those pictures and say who is that flashback hippie dressed like an ancient Jew?
Can't be THAT ancient, sweetie, he was up and around yesterday, right?
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

The government’s employment numbers maintained by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics support Mr. Jealous‘ latest criticism. The black unemployment rate was 12.7 percent when President George W. Bush finished his second term and Mr. Obama took office.

It soared over the first three years of Mr. Obama’s first term to 16.7 percent by September 2011, the worst jobless rate for black Americans since 1983. Unemployment among black teenagers exploded to 39.3 percent in July 2012.

“Statistics show that the African-American community is in bad shape under the Obama administration,” the widely read black website Your Black World said this week.Earlier this month, Rep. Marcia L. Fudge, Ohio Democrat, the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, let loose with some stinging criticisms of Mr. Obama’s record on his appointments in his second term.“The people you have chosen to appoint in this new term have hardly been reflective of this country’s diversity,” she said in a letter to the president.“Their ire is compounded by the overwhelming support you’ve received from the African-America community.”Ms. Fudge and other CBC members complain that Mr. Obama has not devoted enough attention in his agenda to many of the critical economic issues within the black community, especially severe unemployment.”I think we are going to hear more voices of opposition coming from all sectors of black leadership, and certainly from the most hard-pressed sections of the black population,” said Tony Monteiro, professor of African-American studies at Temple University in Philadelphia.

Unfortunately, most black leaders do not understand that it is Mr. Obama’s economic policies that have contributed to the high level of unemployment among all Americans, especially blacks.

The NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus still think that Mr. Obama’s $800 billion economic-stimulus plan, largely made up of public works, infrastructure and other government spending, was the smart way to create jobs and boost economic growth. If anything, they wanted him to spend more.

There were no economic-growth incentives in his plan, though, that would have boosted venture-capital investment, the mother’s milk of business expansion, new business formation and job creation.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some folks at fort hood that beg to differ.
Well that's just because they're military morons in the chemical weapons department. What's the point of making the damn things if we never get to use them?
Betsy

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Try a dictionary. You can find one online by googling "dictionary."
Don't nned a dictionary to know the definition of those words separately.

The specifics I was asking you about is why you think Obama is "doing a good job" as a single phrase.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

...check...
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Soon after Mr. Obama’s stimulus plan became effective and the money began flowing out across the country, a look at the list of recipients revealed that it included hundreds of federal agencies and programs. It expanded government programs and maybe some of the money trickled down to workers, but it created relatively few permanent jobs.Once the stimulus funds were spent on roads, bridges and other public works projects, the jobs ended.The proof that Mr. Obama’s Keynesian spending didn’t work is in the numbers: high unemployment that is still skirting 8 percent, and that is 14 percent when you include workers who want and need full-time employment but are forced to take part-time jobs.

The economy isn’t getting stronger, as we can see in the economic-growth numbers that measure the gross domestic product. It grew at a barely moving pace of 0.4 percent in the last three months of 2012, according to the Commerce Department’s latest estimate Thursday. The Federal Reserve says unemployment will remain high this year and next and that economic growth will remain weak for at least the next two years.

Now Mr. Obama is calling for a $9-an-hour minimum wage, which the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus have supported in the past and no doubt support now. This is a job killer, however, particularly for small businesses and especially for minorities. It will kill entry-level jobs, and that will drive black employment even higher.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Waxman

Leamington Spa, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

WaxmanIdiot wrote:
<quoted text> better off being a zero to the right that will give us millions in numbers, unlike a zero to the left who republicans normally are, you'll always be more than a zero to the left and to the dems. Typical wrong wing idiot.
How long have you had this mental condition?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Try a dictionary. You can find one online by googling "dictionary."
Typical liberal. Makes statements he can't back up.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, it wasn't necessary, my father gave serious looks that we're extremely effective, mother pulled our hair a few times. We were obedient. Different times, older parents, farm life etc.
I don't believe in corporal punishment either, didnt hit my children, violence begets violence.
You forgot to mention your alcohol addiction, as well as your other horrendous behaviors.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> lily loves the race card
she has nothing els to offer.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
She's mad because he's black. That's all there is to know. That's why every breathe the President takes irritates her
No, he's white.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Let's see... where should I go if I want to be safe and away from little boys with guns and various terminal psychosis? I know! I'll join the Army! Or, better yet, the Marines!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
In your mind slapping isn't corporal punishment?
Betsy

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
A whack on the hiney with an open palm of the hand when it's well-deserved avoids violence further down the road.

Children discipline themselves when touching a hot stove. They never do it again.

When it comes to teaching right from wrong, they need a loving parent to teach them the same hot stove analogy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 813,681 - 813,700 of1,036,630
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 4-23 3 min cheluzal 40
Abby 4-23 8 min cheluzal 27
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min Sublime1 96,265
8 shot across Chicago in less than seven hours 19 min hands on AR 4
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 22 min hands on AR 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min DDDD-25 43,159
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min Rogue Scholar 05 167,715
ask amy 4-22 6 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance