Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#884491 Apr 5, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother-in-law is gay. He lives in California and works in a bank. Just got promoted and has a good job.
You'd never know he was gay if you started talking to him on the street.
His partner of 15 years died of AIDS years ago and he has been with his new partner for the last 10.
He is as loved now as he was before the family knew he was gay. Maybe even more just because he felt he had to keep it a secret for so long.
Some of my favorite people I've known personally and some I like on television are gay.
Back in the late 1960s, a very good high school friend of mine school confided in me about the pain he was going through because he was gay. No one EVER talked about being gay back then. It was painful for me too because he was such a great person. I was so sad he was going through something like like that alone.
So it's not about not accepting or loving gays for those of us who do but happen to believe to our core that the ageless definition of marriage is a crucial stabilzing factor in society and mustn't be tampered with.
But I'm glad you finally found peace and are no longer suffering alone. I hope my friend Danny eventually did too.
I appreciate that, but the "crucial stabilizing factor" is just as crucial and just as stabilizing for us.

And if you think you're going to treat gay people differently, then you need to raise your kids differently (honestly.)

You can't tell your sons what my mother told me, "Someday you'll grow up and meet a girl and get married and have kids and a house, etc..."

You'll have to qualify it and say to that five year old son: "Unless you're gay. Then you don't get to get married."

My mother didn't tell me that part. So here's how it goes.

I grow up a bright, white Christian male, altar boy, etc.- told to my face by teachers that I had every advantage in the world and better take advantage of that.

Then I start to grow up, realize these feelings are there, and suddenly I don't have every advantage anymore - and I didn't do anything to deserve that. Also, there goes the get married and have a family thing. Gee, what is there to look forward to? Why bother?

Let me tell you, that is a lot on a little kid. My adult brain could navigate, but as a kid, it's not so clear-cut. It's frightening. It makes no sense. It makes you think you are being punished for something (but what?) You buy into this crap you hear from people like this NJ guy, which makes it worse. You think it will go away or you can fix it or change it. You think if you pray hard enough, God will take it away. No, He won't.

So eventually, after going through so much I can't even explain it here, you come out on the other side of your world being turned upside down and you go...OK. So it won't be a woman. That doesn't mean I'll be alone. That doesn't mean I won't have someone to love and care for each other until we die. That doesn't mean kids are out of the question. And you stabilize.

And after going through all that - I don't need people who didn't go through that trying to tell me what's right for me, or that my marriage is some kind of problem for them. Bullsh!t. Get out of my way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#884492 Apr 5, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> As I've said, a baby isn't born anything & fact you can see with your own eyes.
Well, you don't know what you're talking about.

Get educated.

Next.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#884493 Apr 5, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuals are just another special interest group you moron...such as lily's allegiance and duty protecting NAMBLA. No more, no less.
Go f*** yourself. You're another clueless windbag.

Special interest group, bullsh!t. We are American citizens and we're about to trample you - with all our straight allies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#884494 Apr 5, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I was contemplating whether or not to reply to your nonsense. You scared of the thing in your mirror, obviously! Having outer body experiences or believing & hoping you your someone else doesn't make it reality. You're still the closet homo you always were. I'm bout to kiss my girlfriend take a shower, all this after playing basketball with my 2 straight sons, lay down I'm my new bed & thank God I'm not confused. You gonna lay on your futon fold out couch/bed by yourself & imagine what it feels like to be with a woman.
What a beautifully Christian sentiment, hypocrite.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#884495 Apr 6, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dumb Simpleton"?
As opposed to ....Smart Simpleton?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You and leosampleanis need to compare notes on Body Language usage.
As they say..."Two neurons are better than one!"
It is a bit redundant, like the making of Dumb and Dumberer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#884496 Apr 6, 2013
carol wrote:
Babies have "no sexuality?" Try rubbing lotion all over its little fat, amorphous body, then accidentally rubbing some on its little wingus, and watch it stand at attention. You're not supposed to acknowledge that, of course, but to deny it's there is part of being a conservative! DUH!
A cold draft or simply needing to pee can do that to a baby's penis, there's nothing sensual about that.

The Nazis jammed broom handles up Jewish mens' rectums to stimulate the prostate to produce a sperm sample during their sterilization "research" and that rude stimulation was in no way sensual. The resulting erection had nothing to do with sensuality either. You are confusing sexuality with sensuality and desire.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#884497 Apr 6, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooh Newark, I bet Juanita gonna get a poundin' tonight. But you'll be thinking of Tony ...
So says the fetus eater, Queen of the Damned. What's the matter, needed a new moniker? What's the difference, you keep posting the same sick drivel?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#884498 Apr 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not lie as a matter of policy. Lying necessarily implies fear, otherwise the liar wouldn't.
You are certainly no one to fear. You're nobody on a message board from another country. So don't flatter yourself by thinking I would ever stoop to lie to you.
Piss off.
Look, you ignorant chocolate packing daffodil. You are so busy being a know it all you have no clue I'm from Konnecticut where they support evil , greedy people like you.

Morons like you always start from the wrong point of reference so it's no wonder everyone here considers you to be a moron. You prove it.

The guy from NJ is correct and you are just a freak of nature and broken unit. Do your family a favor and disappear.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#884499 Apr 6, 2013
A zero displaying his hate and frustration. America does not need azzwipes like this loser.

Nuff said.
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Special interest group, bullsh!t. We are American citizens and we're about to trample you - with all our straight allies.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884500 Apr 6, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to convince me that Obama was "pandering" to "religious rightwingers" when he adamantly opposed gay marriage?
Bill and Hillary Clinton were also "pandering" to "religous rightwingers" when they, too, opposed gay marriage?
Seems to me there's a lot more "evolving" going on lately than any "pandering" in the past.
This is what Frank Schubert, the national political director of the National Organization for Marriage, said to the Washington Post:“There is not a chance in God’s green earth that African Americans support same-sex marriage." He said that President Obama's endorsement has likely “created a lot of angst and conflict in that community, but his opinion of gay marriage is not going to be changing the opinion of African Americans in a significant way.”
Even though recent polls now indicate otherwise since Obama's "conversion", the polls would have to ask every African American in the country to get that number right.
African Americans are evenly split on the issue of same sex marriage. Forty-two percent feel that marriage is exclusively defined as between a man and a woman; while 40% would support gay marriages having the same rights as heterosexual couples. We also asked a question about ministers who oppose homosexuality and gay marriage.

http://www.blacknews.com/news/robert_l_johnso...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#884501 Apr 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a dumb simpleton. I guess that's the problem.
This has zero to do with morality. My morality is superior to the average person, and probably to you. I have no issue with self control, willpower, doing things for God, or anything else. I have never stolen, done drugs, and I do not lie. I have never cheated on anyone, even if we were just casually dating. There is nothing I can't do or stop doing as need be.
And yes, it has something to do with masculinity in many cases. Straight men who are secure do not overreact to gay men. Normal straight men hear the kind of stuff I'm saying here and they go, "Hmmm...OK, that makes sense. I get it." Case closed. They don't sit here and argue with me and call me a liar because of something they read in a book.
The last remaining bigots on message boards are quickly going to be marginalized and shamed and ridiculed by society, just like the racists who couldn't handle it when they were forced to accept the equality of black people. The sad irony is, you are just like them. They used their bible to justify their discrimination. They thought they were right. And how do we see them now? Now, kids in school read about how these people treated black people, and they shake their heads and can't believe it, and think they were bad people. That's how kids are going to read and think about you. How could he be that way? We know all men are created equal. And you will be regarded with shame, as you have earned.
Quit posting on message boards and start praying on it.
You don't think of men in that manner (not manor) because YOU HAVE NO CHOICE. You aren't morally superior because of that. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE. You can't make yourself attracted to another man. And if you went to jail and forced yourself, you would be imagining you were with a woman.
Educate yourself and pray on it. Why would I encourage you to pray on it if I thought God was against it?
Looks like "you can't handle the truth."
You on 1 hands claim to known how real men think & take the gay thing. The truth is nobody takes anything the same way. And I'm not arguing with you, but it's hypocritical to use the Bible as a level, then on the other hand live a life in opposition to his/her teachings. You say you never lie, but your living a lie. Now in far from perfect. I can admit I have alot to work on, but I didn't broadcast my life & deficiencies to the world in attempts to change laws, both societal & biblical & rewrite dictionary. The Bible doesn't only speak against men laying with men, the punishments are severe & the message is stern. Look bro hope your right because thus is a moral/social issue & I told your as far as law, they're none of my business. You as a religious man has to put things into perspective. You can claim to be so religious & get your guidance from a book inspired by a God who condemns your sexual lifestyle. Either God has evolved the laws to suit your confusion & emotional feelings or you continually live a lie everyday & lie on God to suit your beliefs. Either way it's wrong & the latter is blasphemy!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#884502 Apr 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are spreading your sunshine, Mr. Popular.

What a gregarious individual!

Everyone else but you is clueless!

Bawwaahhhhh!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884503 Apr 6, 2013
CNBC host Joe Kernen took House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) to task Friday over the Republican Party's opposition to same-sex marriage.

In a rare discussion of social issues on the financial news program "Squawkbox," Kernen argued that the GOP has squandered its appeal with fiscally conservative voters by virtue of its opposition to gay nuptials. Cantor said some people, himself included, have legitimate religious objections to same-sex marriage.

“There are those of us who have personal religious convictions about the issue," Cantor said. "And I think that we as a country need to respect people about their opinion, not matter which side you come down on. I think that's what's really been lacking in all of this debate."

Cantor suggested that the the party's position wasn't "being received in the proper way," but Kernen asserted that "if we really are free, then everybody should be free."

"No one's asking you to marry another man," Kernen said, drawing laughs from Cantor. The Virginia congressman suggested that lawmakers should avoid gay marriage because it's such a "divisive" issue.

"Why don't we just focus on things that we can agree on?" Cantor asked.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/h...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884504 Apr 6, 2013
A shop that sold a gun to the Newtown school shooter's mother has lost its federal firearms license.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives revoked the license of Riverview Gun Sales in East Windsor in December. The agency, which confirmed the revocation to reporters Thursday, didn't say why.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/05/shop-tha...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#884506 Apr 6, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, currently the government regulates legalization of marriages, stupid.
p.s. f*** you for calling me a libtard and I'm not even a liberal. You stupid moron.
Another libtard that can't comprehend what they read. A spelling and grammar cop too. That's just what we heed!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#884509 Apr 6, 2013
FBI interviews Petreaus at his home regarding classified files that may have been passed to Paula Broadwell.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#884510 Apr 6, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Simple! A baby is not born anything, but their race, hungry, & pretty much that's it. That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard of! What was your favorite color? Even in elementary a child hasn't made up their mind on what they like as far as male/female. To say someone is born gay equates to that person being sexually active from out the womb cuz when someone sees someone their attracted to, they're not attracted to someone's mind they've never met. So to say your were born gay is to say you came out the womb withsex on your mind. You not only want to rewrite the law & the Bible, but the Webster dictionary definition of marriage! By your post where you went on a rant just babbling & not saying nothing, you self identify as a Christian. The Bible clearly states numerous times man shall not lay with man, but you'll rewrite that to ease your feeling & everyones feeling about your taboo sexual preference. It's not race, color, creed, or nationality. Things people can't help. Nah, thus while thing is over sexual preference & an abomination to the word creation. Where exactly does being gay fit into the whole purpose of life, to procreate. What a Christian you are. You'll abandon your religion to suit you sexual choice. How real is that! I don't discriminate, hide, bash, or try to avoid your kind, but I won't lie to soothe your feelings or validate your normality. At the end of the day, that's between you & your God. I can care less who you lay with , honestly! I don't see you as less of a person. Your just someone that instead of adapting to the world, you're trying to force the world to adapt to you. Answer this question. Are you saying that practically the whole world is wrong ? Most of the world has laws against being gay regardless of religion.
Well you posted this to the wrong person but what you posted made a lot of sense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#884521 Apr 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd suggest that you do some more reading about it, and, I don't mean the bible. You're making a fool of yourself.
It often happens that a person who goes off on a tangent about homosexuality, calling it an abomination etc. is conflicted in his own sexuality.
Not everyone wants to procreate; would you say that straight couples who don't procreate are an abomination? Are we only on this planet to breed? Gay people can be parents, it happens every day; they can have a surrogate, or adopt, they can have invitro fertilization etc. I assume that, being an evangelical fanatic that you are likely against birth control, abortion, fertility treatments, stem cell research as well?
You religious freaks are living in the dark ages, and it's usually a result of fear. Many of those born again freaks who attend Calvary Chapel are former drug addicts, alcoholics, ex prisoners, etc. While I do not begrudge a person needing religion to give him solace in life and if it helps to overcome other debilitating addictions, that's great. Just leave others alone and stop pounding that bible and your chest in self righteousness. It's sickening. You are black, you more than a white person knows what it's like to be scorned and rejected and hated and beaten because of your color. The progress made in this regard is that now it is illegal to do so. Gays deserve the same protections and you should be at the front of that parade.
"Are we only on this planet to breed?" Yes. That is our job. To continue the species. Just like every other animal. Everything else is extra.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#884522 Apr 6, 2013
he's gonna cut SS and medicare? then he's a liar cause he said he wouldn't when he was campaigning for reelection!! liar liar pants on fire!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884523 Apr 6, 2013
2013 March to Madness Freakshow Four, now underway

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Voting is now underway in the 2013 Daily Kos Republican March to Madness Freakshow Four as we narrow the tournament field down to two finalists for the honor of being selected as the poster-child of Republican craziness.

In the first matchup, we have Rush Limbaugh from the Right-wing Media Region vs. Michele Bachmann from the Teabaggers Region. You can vote here.

In the second matchup, we have Rick Santorum from the Theocons Region vs. Dick Cheney from the GOP Establishment Reason. You can vote here.

Voting will continue until Monday morning, so there's still time to weigh in. On Monday, we'll announce the finalists and kick off the championship round.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/05/1199...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Frank 180,669
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min positronium 48,455
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min TRD 68,770
nazi fascist star folks knashing their teeth 1 hr MomFascistsHere 10
Barry knew Goober before he did'nt know Goober 1 hr Rowdy Yates 5
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr Forever Yours 34
Snopes confirms: X-MAS delivery VIRUS 1 hr Yes its true 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance