Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,682)

Showing posts 813,621 - 813,640 of1,033,274
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882102
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, right. That must be the reason Obama broke the record of being the quickest POTUS ever to provide corporate welfare after his election to office. I've never seen a president so quick to break so many campaign promises.


What corporate welfare was that?

You obviously were blind your entire life until Jan of 2009. Blind to Bush's lies. Blind to Republican spending, blind to Republican doubling the debt, etc etc
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882103
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No, it isn't racist. You can't change your race and nobody is "born" a Christian or Muslim.
I'm a minority now and I won't hold my breath waiting for the new majority to show me the same compassion that my peers have shown them.
I agree, you shouldn't, but you also shouldn't go thru life viewing things thru negative lenses. Everybody's intentions aren't bad & to do so only robs you of the basis in which this country was suppose to be founded on, FREEDOM!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882104
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Our laws are not just written to be equal to all races but race, creed, sexual orientation & gender.
No one said they were a race.
Your hatred for homosexuals oozes from your posts like pus rom an infected sore.
davey boy you're wrong again.I don't hate these people , I hate the disease and those who wish to force the actions of the mentaly ill as a normal lifestyle onto society.. we Americans used to teach our children right from wrong reguardless of how offensive the truth was,I still do. Now if that offends you ,I don't honestly care.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882105
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

"This year as every year, foes of abortion publicly mourn the loss of babies who could have been. But they — we — remain silent on the loss of babies who actually were, who died because we could not get our act together, because ours is a nation that does not simply enable private gun ownership, but that worships and fetishizes it to the point where sensible restriction — even sensible conversation — seems impossible."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/30/3313904...

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882106
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> May sound like gibberish to someone speaking a language from over 2,000 years ago. Now who sounds like they're delusional, you or me? You people seem to have a problem looking to the past to solve the problems of today, when looking to the past only leaves you there when looking for that reason. The pussy its no more than a reminder of what not to do. People of those days thought shooting stars were God, & that eclipse were times of judgment so they sacrificed people in the name of God. These are the people you look to for guidance? Somehow you peoples minds skip right over the teachings of the Bible to gnostic babble to conform the teachings to fit your ideology. The world has gotten more sophisticated, yet your minds remain primitive. Baal worshipers throwing babies into fire pits. Are you serious?
And your type don't bother with excusing their blood lust, you insist on it being legal so you won't be punished for it.
nobamaredux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882107
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

New Obamacare Cost Savings?

For the first time since 1981, when it dubbed sex-change operations "experimental," Medicare has opened the door to covering transexual operations, adding to the growing list of operations that would be allowed under Obamacare.

Acting on a new request, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services said it is starting a new analysis that could lift the spending ban for sex-change operations with a goal of making a decision two days after Christmas and on the eve of Obamacare kicking in Jan. 1.

A 30-day public comment period just opened on the proposed "National Coverage Determination."

"Surgical Treatment for Gender Identity Disorder, formerly referred to as transsexual surgery in 140.3, is currently noncovered under the Medicare Part A and Part B programs. The existing policy, which became effective in 1981, states that transsexual surgery is considered experimental," said the notice just posted on the CMS.gov site.

"Please note that we are making an administrative change to the NCD title under this reconsideration to reflect current medical terminology. The new title for Section 140.3 will be Surgical Treatment for Gender Identity Disorder," it adds.

The National Center for Transgender Equality is among those pushing for the changes.

In supporting letters to CMS, one of the proponents claims that the experimental status of sex-change operations has long passed and that studies confirm it works. "These medical procedures and treatment protocols are not experimental: decades of both clinical experience and medical research show they are essential to achieving well-being for the transsexual patient," said the letter.

A second letter called the federal policy discriminatory, and added that failure to get the operation by those who needed can cause death. "The net effect is a failure to treat a treatable disorder which in many cases leads to death. The discrimination (is) clearly un-American," added the letter.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882108
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What corporate welfare was that?
You obviously were blind your entire life until Jan of 2009. Blind to Bush's lies. Blind to Republican spending, blind to Republican doubling the debt, etc etc
Denial will get you nowhere as long as there are people alive who remember the bailouts that POS liar handed out. One to a company that had already received a taxpayer funded bailout decades ago. It should have been allowed to die a natural death the first time it came begging for money.

You go ahead and live Orwell's novel, the rest of us see the real world well enough FOR you.
nobamaredux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882109
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Google Insults Christians

On Easter Sunday, Google is honoring the birthday of the late labor organizer Cesar Chavez by placing a Chavez portrait within the middle “o” of the Google logo that appears on the homepage of the popular search engine.

While Google frequently decorates its logo to celebrate various holidays and special events, it is unclear why the company chose specifically to honor Chavez’s birthday, instead of Easter Sunday.

Chavez co-founded the organization now known as the United Farm Workers union (UFW). He became an iconic figure in the labor movement, with his stature only increasing since his death in 1993.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882110
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nobamaredux wrote:
New Obamacare Cost Savings?
For the first time since 1981, when it dubbed sex-change operations "experimental," Medicare has opened the door to covering transexual operations, adding to the growing list of operations that would be allowed under Obamacare.
Acting on a new request, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services said it is starting a new analysis that could lift the spending ban for sex-change operations with a goal of making a decision two days after Christmas and on the eve of Obamacare kicking in Jan. 1.
A 30-day public comment period just opened on the proposed "National Coverage Determination."
"Surgical Treatment for Gender Identity Disorder, formerly referred to as transsexual surgery in 140.3, is currently noncovered under the Medicare Part A and Part B programs. The existing policy, which became effective in 1981, states that transsexual surgery is considered experimental," said the notice just posted on the CMS.gov site.
"Please note that we are making an administrative change to the NCD title under this reconsideration to reflect current medical terminology. The new title for Section 140.3 will be Surgical Treatment for Gender Identity Disorder," it adds.
The National Center for Transgender Equality is among those pushing for the changes.
In supporting letters to CMS, one of the proponents claims that the experimental status of sex-change operations has long passed and that studies confirm it works. "These medical procedures and treatment protocols are not experimental: decades of both clinical experience and medical research show they are essential to achieving well-being for the transsexual patient," said the letter.
A second letter called the federal policy discriminatory, and added that failure to get the operation by those who needed can cause death. "The net effect is a failure to treat a treatable disorder which in many cases leads to death. The discrimination (is) clearly un-American," added the letter.
That's fkg insane and inexcusable.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882111
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

White men have much to discuss about mass shootings

Imagine if African American men and boys were committing mass shootings month after month, year after year. Articles and interviews would flood the media, and we’d have political debates demanding that African Americans be “held accountable.” Then, if an atrocity such as the Newtown, Conn., shootings took place and African American male leaders held a news conference to offer solutions, their credibility would be questionable. The public would tell these leaders that they need to focus on problems in their own culture and communities.

But when the criminals and leaders are white men, race and gender become the elephant in the room.

Nearly all of the mass shootings in this country in recent years — not just Newtown, Aurora, Fort Hood, Tucson and Columbine — have been committed by white men and boys. Yet when the National Rifle Association (NRA), led by white men, held a news conference after the Newtown massacre to advise Americans on how to reduce gun violence, its leaders’ opinions were widely discussed.

Unlike other groups, white men are not used to being singled out. So we expect that many of them will protest it is unfair if we talk about them. But our nation must correctly define their contribution to our problem of gun violence if it is to be solved.

When white men try to divert attention from gun control by talking about mental health issues, many people buy into the idea that the United States has a national mental health problem, or flawed systems with which to address those problems, and they think that is what produces mass shootings.

But women and girls with mental health issues are not picking up semiautomatic weapons and shooting schoolchildren. Immigrants with mental health issues are not committing mass shootings in malls and movie theaters. Latinos with mental health issues are not continually killing groups of strangers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/white-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882112
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Each of us is programmed from childhood to believe that the top group of our hierarchies — and in the U.S. culture, that’s white men — represents everyone, so it can feel awkward, even ridiculous, when we try to call attention to those people as a distinct group and hold them accountable.

For example, our schools teach American history as the history of everyone in this nation. But the stories we learn are predominantly about white men. To study the history of other groups, people have to take separate classes, such as African American history, women’s history or Native American history. And if we take “Hispanic American History,” we don’t expect to learn “Asian American History,” because a class about anyone but white men is assumed not to be inclusive of anyone else.

This societal and cultural programming makes it easy for conservative, white-male-led groups to convince the nation that an organization led by white men, such as the NRA or the tea party movement, can represent the interests of the entire nation when, in fact, they predominately represent only their own experiences and perspectives.

If life were equitable, white male gun-rights advocates would face some serious questions to assess their degree of credibility and objectivity. We would expect them to explain:

What facets of white male culture create so many mass shootings?

Why are so many white men and boys producing and entertaining themselves with violent video games and other media?

Why do white men buy, sell and manufacture guns for profit; attend gun shows; and demonstrate for unrestricted gun access disproportionately more than people of other ethnicities or races?

Why are white male congressmen leading the fight against gun control?

If Americans ask the right questions on gun issues, we will get the right answers. These answers will encourage white men to examine their role in their own culture and to help other white men and boys become healthier and less violent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/white-...
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882113
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

waxywaxturd wrote:
Hello again my friends!!! Good Morning and a Happy Easter to all!!! We have just completed an Easter Egg hunt here at the institution and I won!!(cheating, as usual) But I WON none the less!!!
I may not have much time today to judge evere's posts as we have many holiday festivities here on the psych ward!
Anyhow, as you all can see I have been up all night maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using my sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!
I will be on board part of today (due to Easter festivities) making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole pupose being to harass the legitimate posters who use this forum.
I will also be juding your posts all day.
I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets ( Realtime, my favorite, is with me now) so get ready for an all out Easter judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, double up on the depends!!!!
I try and eat foods that are constipating to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret is cheese and double strength depends,(hardboiled eggs today as well!!!) try it!!!
Most sincerely, Not Surprized!!
And boys, phone numbers please!!
Call me! ;)
A quick reminder!!!!!!!!
I run scripts when judging as they allow me a huge advantage when it comes to judging the posts! I realize it's cheating but it makes me feel so much better about our team losing the election!! The judgits to me are like a consolation prize when I think about how badly our Teabagging friends are doing right now. I delude myself with them and try to convince myself we are winning!!! Join me!!
I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!! PLEASE join me!
Hugs, Not Surprized!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882114
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>"One to hold the bulb, and two to turn the ladder"..
it can't be that easy.. 1st they would have to start a commity then do a epa study , fund a foreign company to build a ladder and deseign the light bulb , spend 92 billion dollars to figure out how to power the bulb and hire 3 illegals to do the job.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882115
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think the forefather envisioned Allah or Buddha in the founding documents before America became a melting pot.
Freedom and self-government was a concept thought possible only if people were governed by a higher source.
People were up until then controlled by government.
Happy Easter, RealDave.
Buddha? Have you lost you frikken mind? Allah?

The furthest from the US any of the FF's ever made it was Franklin and Adams traveling to Paris. They knew of non-European cultures and religions only in the abstract. By the way, Buddhism, even today, is a relatively small group worldwide. France didn't settle in SE Asia until around 1890.
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882116
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>And your type don't bother with excusing their blood lust, you insist on it being legal so you won't be punished for it.
There is no blood lust on 1 demographic or the other. Thus country was founded on blood shed. That's the evil inside human nature. This is what I mean when I say we good & evil inside us. We weren't born with it, but thru time pleasure & triumph, horrors & bad times shape us into what we are. The blood stained teachings of Americas history assures that future generations will unwillingly be initiated into the culture of blood shed!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882117
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

nobamaredux wrote:
Google Insults Christians
On Easter Sunday, Google is honoring the birthday of the late labor organizer Cesar Chavez by placing a Chavez portrait within the middle “o” of the Google logo that appears on the homepage of the popular search engine.
While Google frequently decorates its logo to celebrate various holidays and special events, it is unclear why the company chose specifically to honor Chavez’s birthday, instead of Easter Sunday.
Chavez co-founded the organization now known as the United Farm Workers union (UFW). He became an iconic figure in the labor movement, with his stature only increasing since his death in 1993.
Maybe its 'cause this is Chavez' birthday and they chose that over the pagan holiday?
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882118
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Buddha? Have you lost you frikken mind? Allah?
The furthest from the US any of the FF's ever made it was Franklin and Adams traveling to Paris. They knew of non-European cultures and religions only in the abstract. By the way, Buddhism, even today, is a relatively small group worldwide. France didn't settle in SE Asia until around 1890.
Wrong bro! They were or had already taken boat trips to Africa to buy slaves. Some not all, but surely some were Muslim so yea Allah. Seems your goingooff the myth that this world was created 6,000yrs ago, but people had been crossing seas & mingling with eachother. They definitely had knowledge of other religions!
nobamaredux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882119
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah No one s taking guns away from anyone in any of the proposed legislation.
Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday the expected upcoming Senate votes on gun control are only the beginning of the White House's fight to control firearms.

What is the next step?
Greedle

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882120
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe its 'cause this is Chavez' birthday and they chose that over the pagan holiday?
It's always about the money for you greedy libtards.
nobamaredux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882121
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

sonicfilter wrote:
"This year as every year, foes of abortion publicly mourn the loss of babies who could have been. But they — we — remain silent on the loss of babies who actually were, who died because we could not get our act together, because ours is a nation that does not simply enable private gun ownership, but that worships and fetishizes it to the point where sensible restriction — even sensible conversation — seems impossible."
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/30/3313904...
What is Obama doing to control gang violence in his own community, where all the guns used to commit all the crimes are already illegal?

Why does Obama care more about a small number of victims of a psychopath in Newtown than he does about an epidemic of gang violence inbred in the culture of Chicago?

How about enforcing the existing laws first before legislating against responsible citizens?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 813,621 - 813,640 of1,033,274
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

103 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-16 5 min Mister Tonka 23
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min former res 64,893
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min Oh my 95,963
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,363
Amy 4-16 42 min squishymama 8
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Always Smile 4,019
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 42,920
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••