Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Glenpool, OK

#884314 Apr 5, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Floriduh for sure
Mass, Cali, Georgia, Ala--it doesn't matter. You'll still be just as skank nasty as ya are now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#884315 Apr 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me what my religion is. You have no part between me and God.
I am neither immoral, nor a hypocrite. You are a hypocrite if you claim to believe in America, yet still think it is appropriate to discriminate against fellow citizens. I would consider that immoral as well.
Why do you think so many people who have gay family members or get to know gay people change their minds about gay people? Because the myth is busted. My Grandma is in her late 80's. When I came out to her, probably about 16 years ago or so, she didn't miss a beat - because SHE KNEW ME WELL. She knew that her "goody goody" grandson was not an immoral person and therefore the lie that being gay is immoral did not wash. You can't just be immoral in one way. You either are or you aren't. You either draw boundaries in your behavior or you don't. I'll put my morality up against anybody's, any day.
I already know I am normal. I don't need the consensus of the dumbed-down American public to validate that. I do demand the law correct the situation, however. That's not optional.
You get zero points for not gay-bashing. That's expected. That's basic.
I am not a person in crisis, you judgmental, ignorant f**k. I was "in crisis" when I was 12 years old listening to crap like you spew and wondering "what I did to deserve this." Let me tell you, pal, if I chose to be gay, I would absolutely say so. In fact, I would say it IN YOUR FACE and then continue to demand equality under the law. Choice or not has no bearing on this. However, the boring fact is not only did I not choose to be gay, but I tried everything to avoid facing that fact. THAT was when I was furthest from God - when I didn't trust the way He made me and fought against it for over a dozen years. It was the ONE area of my life where I didn't pray for "thy will be done" - I prayed for MY will be done, because as a 12 year old kid who didn't know any better, all I wanted was to be straight. So this was not somebody trying to stop a behavior or a habit or an addiction like you stupid people like to assume. This was an innocent, model 12 year old kid, suddenly thrust into a terrifying (at the time) scenario.
Thank God I had the presence of mind, and His help, to navigate that and come through it level-headed. That was in my early 20's. I'm now 41, quite settled, quite content, and quite grateful to God for my life and my husband.
However, I DO think less of you, for who you are.
Super post Tony. Sad that his religion and cleaving to the bible made him ignorant. I asked a friend who is a born again Christian what she 'd do if she found out her son was gay, she said "I'd hate the sin, not the dinner"
In a Southern drawl nonetheless, that Calvary Chapel sure churns out some shyt.

Apparently he forgot that interracial marriage was against the law. That documentary on Virginia vs. Lovings is really touching.
When the attorneys asked the Lovings if they wanted to come to the court, Mr. Loving said, no just tell them, I love my wife.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#884316 Apr 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the article just fine. The article went through all the research.
It is only common sense that the risks to one's family outweigh any benefit for most people.
If I have a chainsaw,it has a purpose - to cut down trees or cut firewood. It has benefits.
The point is that you want to believe that owning that gun is for your family's protection went it is more likely to be the tool of death or injury to you & your family.
You just laid another goose egg, Mrs. Goose.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#884317 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Super post Tony. Sad that his religion and cleaving to the bible made him ignorant. I asked a friend who is a born again Christian what she 'd do if she found out her son was gay, she said "I'd hate the sin, not the dinner"
Apparently he forgot that interracial marriage was against the law. That documentary on Virginia vs. Lovings is really touching.
When the attorneys asked the Lovings if they wanted to come to the court, Mr. Loving said, no just tell them, I love my wife.
Can't wait for your reaction to nj's post. You're going to be so conflicted. Lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#884318 Apr 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me what my religion is. You have no part between me and God.
I am neither immoral, nor a hypocrite. You are a hypocrite if you claim to believe in America, yet still think it is appropriate to discriminate against fellow citizens. I would consider that immoral as well.
Why do you think so many people who have gay family members or get to know gay people change their minds about gay people? Because the myth is busted. My Grandma is in her late 80's. When I came out to her, probably about 16 years ago or so, she didn't miss a beat - because SHE KNEW ME WELL. She knew that her "goody goody" grandson was not an immoral person and therefore the lie that being gay is immoral did not wash. You can't just be immoral in one way. You either are or you aren't. You either draw boundaries in your behavior or you don't. I'll put my morality up against anybody's, any day.
I already know I am normal. I don't need the consensus of the dumbed-down American public to validate that. I do demand the law correct the situation, however. That's not optional.
You get zero points for not gay-bashing. That's expected. That's basic.
I am not a person in crisis, you judgmental, ignorant f**k. I was "in crisis" when I was 12 years old listening to crap like you spew and wondering "what I did to deserve this." Let me tell you, pal, if I chose to be gay, I would absolutely say so. In fact, I would say it IN YOUR FACE and then continue to demand equality under the law. Choice or not has no bearing on this. However, the boring fact is not only did I not choose to be gay, but I tried everything to avoid facing that fact. THAT was when I was furthest from God - when I didn't trust the way He made me and fought against it for over a dozen years. It was the ONE area of my life where I didn't pray for "thy will be done" - I prayed for MY will be done, because as a 12 year old kid who didn't know any better, all I wanted was to be straight. So this was not somebody trying to stop a behavior or a habit or an addiction like you stupid people like to assume. This was an innocent, model 12 year old kid, suddenly thrust into a terrifying (at the time) scenario.
Thank God I had the presence of mind, and His help, to navigate that and come through it level-headed. That was in my early 20's. I'm now 41, quite settled, quite content, and quite grateful to God for my life and my husband.
However, I DO think less of you, for who you are.
See how being comfortable with yourself works. After all that nonsense you just spewed, telling me you think less of me, I still ain't mad at you. Still don't care if you give or receive, if your the man or the woman of the relationship. I don't care! That thing you call God is you, so is the devil. You were confused as a kid because you knew you were wrong & that peace you feel is because your not confused anymore. You've sided with the devil! I was told I was ugly when I was little, I didn't go thru a crisis. Why is that? Because I knew I wasn't so if you were told you were wrong but you knew you weren't you wouldn't have went thru a crisis. I was also above my peers in weight & called fat. Didn't make me go thru a crisis. Why because I'm comfortable with myself. Back to religion. In the book of Genesis it says be fruitful & multiply. You & your "husband" can't do that. Like I said it's an abomination to the word creation or procreation should I say. Sorry, but my sword of reality shall spare no feelings. You're just been decapitated!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#884319 Apr 5, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
president nobama has admitted he used cocaine and participated in homo sexual sex acts.
Peace
Cocaine, yes. You'll have to post a link to the second before I'll quit calling you a dumbass lying bigot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#884320 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Conveniently there was no blood alcohol test done. He was her boyfriend! His family sued hers for wrongful death. She got away with it, so did Ted Kennedy (before some ahole starts), times were different then.
Accidents happen, I don't think people should go to prison for an accident, doesn't serve anyone.
To be fair lily, the jury is still out on that and c'mon she didn't know who shrub or his daddy were at the time. She was just a crazy Texas teenaged girl at the time, still learning how to floor it and light a Marlboro Red at the same time.

Poor Douglas was driving a Corvair__ouch!

Barbara and GHWB were not real fond of Laura early on were they?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aunt Fattie

Orlando, FL

#884321 Apr 5, 2013
He did too! He did too! It's written right here in his auto-biography, "A pole-smokin' black drug-addict's guide to the universe."

When's dawn?

#884322 Apr 5, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>To be fair lily, the jury is still out on that and c'mon she didn't know who shrub or his daddy were at the time. She was just a crazy Texas teenaged girl at the time, still learning how to floor it and light a Marlboro Red at the same time.
Poor Douglas was driving a Corvair__ouch!
Barbara and GHWB were not real fond of Laura early on were they?
I think they believed she was about the best the fetal-alcohol syndrome Dumbya could buy. They let them both smoke pot at Camp David, right? Whether Georgie still had that silver spoon up his nose at that time, I doubt we'll know unless one of the Nazi/bin Laden lovers cracks. Didn't Babs totally cut Neil's wife off after she divorced him? I think I read that somewhere.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#884323 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Super post Tony. Sad that his religion and cleaving to the bible made him ignorant. I asked a friend who is a born again Christian what she 'd do if she found out her son was gay, she said "I'd hatee the sin, not the dinner"
In life Lily there are opposites in everything, good/bad, right/wrong, up/down, left/right & so forth & so on. Well male/female fits right in there & you know like I know attraction of the same sex is wrong. You letting your feminine side cloud your judgment to save peoples feelings. I refuse to lie to myself or anyone else. That bullshit story about the confused 12yr old was touching, but it doesn't take away the fact that no one was born gay. I gave him proof of such, prove me wrong!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

When's dawn?

#884324 Apr 5, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> In life Lily there are opposites in everything, good/bad, right/wrong, up/down, left/right & so forth & so on. Well male/female fits right in there & you know like I know attraction of the same sex is wrong. You letting your feminine side cloud your judgment to save peoples feelings. I refuse to lie to myself or anyone else. That bullshit story about the confused 12yr old was touching, but it doesn't take away the fact that no one was born gay. I gave him proof of such, prove me wrong!
Empathy isn't your strong suit, huh? I'm waiting until I read in the red print that homosexuality and abortion are abominations. Don't you think if they were that important He would have mentioned them along with caring for the poor and loving your neighbor?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#884325 Apr 5, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Cocaine, yes. You'll have to post a link to the second before I'll quit calling you a dumbass lying bigot.
i

You being a misguided moron, do not know about the Newsweek cover story.

It is common knowledge in the Chicago gay community that Obama actively visited the gay bars and bathhouses in Chicago while he was an Illinois state senator.

It won't be nearly as controversial as Time magazine's breastfeeding cover, but Newsweek's May 21 issue declares Barack Obama the country's "first gay president."

The accompanying cover story was written by Andrew Sullivan, the popular--and openly gay--political blogger. The magazine even gives the commander-in-chief a rainbow halo.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/newsweek-...

They know over here but in the U.S., the Ministry of Propoganda has you in the dark, idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#884326 Apr 5, 2013
Obama's NOT the first 'gay President': Letter reveals lifelong bachelor James Buchanan's love for Alabama senator

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21450...

And here is lilys favorite hard news source...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/24/1189...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884327 Apr 5, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama admitted to cocaine use.
The stories about Bush are just stories, lacking proof or admission.
impeccable source....

As political media buzzed about whether or not Senator Barack Obama's admission eleven years ago that he used cocaine as a teenager would hurt his political prospects, Fox News ran a segment on "Obama's Cocaine Confession." Their conversation took an unusual turn, however, when Fox reporter Kirian Chetry said President Bush had also admitted to using cocaine.

Obama "talks very candidly, as did our current president, who admitted to using cocaine, correct?[Others demur] Well, who wrote, somebody wrote in a book -- well, he admitted that he had an alcoholic, he had a drinking problem. Who was it who said they witnessed him using cocaine? It was somebody who wrote a book..."

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Fox_News_re...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884328 Apr 5, 2013
Obama Called Kamala Harris To Apologize For ‘Best-Looking’ Remark

The hosts of Fox & Friends, however, found the comments harmless.

"Yeah, big deal. Yeah, she is. She does happen to be good lookin," Gretchen Carlson, the lone female host, said Friday. "I just think we've come to a place in society where everyone is so ultimately sensitive that you can't say anything anymore. She is! She's pretty! So what?"

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884329 Apr 5, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Obama's NOT the first 'gay President': Letter reveals lifelong bachelor James Buchanan's love for Alabama senator
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21450...
And here is lilys favorite hard news source...
Lively is himself is in a bit of a pickle, fighting charges of crimes against humanity after being sued by a Ugandan gay rights group. The group alleges that, starting in 2002, Lively

conspired with religious and political leaders in Uganda to whip up anti-gay hysteria with warnings that gay people would sodomize African children and corrupt their culture...

The suit says that Mr. Lively’s actions resulted in the persecution, arrest, torture and murder of gay men and lesbians in Uganda.

Or, as Lively recalls it, worked as a "Christian missionary." Lively, who is considering a run for governor of Massachusetts, is also best known for his non-award winning book The Pink Swastika, which alleges that the Holocaust was a gay movement.

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

When's dawn?

#884330 Apr 5, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>i
You being a misguided moron, do not know about the Newsweek cover story.
It is common knowledge in the Chicago gay community that Obama actively visited the gay bars and bathhouses in Chicago while he was an Illinois state senator.
It won't be nearly as controversial as Time magazine's breastfeeding cover, but Newsweek's May 21 issue declares Barack Obama the country's "first gay president."
The accompanying cover story was written by Andrew Sullivan, the popular--and openly gay--political blogger. The magazine even gives the commander-in-chief a rainbow halo.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/newsweek-...
They know over here but in the U.S., the Ministry of Propoganda has you in the dark, idiot.
Yep...you ARE that stupid. It's seems rather unlikely that I will ever become POTUS, but if I did, they could put me on the cover as well. I believe in gay marriage ("common knowledge" not at all unless YOU commonly witnessed it), and I'm one of the whitest, straightest citizens you's ever meet. I believe if my only choice for marriage was between you and Lily, I would definitely prefer the latter although our union would remain platonic. Just quit with you Faux garbage, already. You republicans have done plenty of damage to good people as it is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

When's dawn?

#884332 Apr 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
impeccable source....
As political media buzzed about whether or not Senator Barack Obama's admission eleven years ago that he used cocaine as a teenager would hurt his political prospects, Fox News ran a segment on "Obama's Cocaine Confession." Their conversation took an unusual turn, however, when Fox reporter Kirian Chetry said President Bush had also admitted to using cocaine.
Obama "talks very candidly, as did our current president, who admitted to using cocaine, correct?[Others demur] Well, who wrote, somebody wrote in a book -- well, he admitted that he had an alcoholic, he had a drinking problem. Who was it who said they witnessed him using cocaine? It was somebody who wrote a book..."
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Fox_News_re...
Didn't Dumbya eventually respond (as Clinton should have regarding Monica imho)"It's a family matter and none of your business.?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#884333 Apr 5, 2013
Ben Carson's apology tour continued this afternoon in an e-mail that was sent, according to its subject line, to "the Hopkins Community":

Dear Colleagues, Friends and Associates:

As you know, I have been in the national news quite a bit recently and my 36 year association with Johns Hopkins has unfortunately dragged our institution into the spotlight as well. I am sorry for any embarrassment this has caused. But what really saddens me is that my poorly chosen words caused pain for some members of our community and for that I offer a most sincere and heartfelt apology. Hurting others is diametrically opposed to who I am and what I believe. There are many lessons to be learned when venturing into the political world and this is one I will not forget. Although I do believe marriage is between a man and a woman, there are much less offensive ways to make that point. I hope all will look at a lifetime of service over some poorly chosen words.

Sincerely yours,

Benjamin S Carson Sr MD

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/04/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#884334 Apr 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Called Kamala Harris To Apologize For ‘Best-Looking’ Remark
The hosts of Fox & Friends, however, found the comments harmless.
"Yeah, big deal. Yeah, she is. She does happen to be good lookin," Gretchen Carlson, the lone female host, said Friday. "I just think we've come to a place in society where everyone is so ultimately sensitive that you can't say anything anymore. She is! She's pretty! So what?"
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...
I watched that show on Sky Cable today. As expected, the people on Fox News had class and a zombie like you used it to defend your pervert Obama. If Bush had said the same thing, you and your corrupt liberal Democrat attack dog media would be going nuts for weeks, idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min jacques Ottawa 179,447
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Bite Me 50,643
very cute unuasual pix 5 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Mandela 68,666
omnipods boxes for sale 6 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 6 hr Mister Tonka 12
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 7 hr Anonymous91 54,522
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]