Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883759 Apr 4, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
March 20, 2012 - President Obama's national health care law will cost $1.76 trillion over a decade according to a new projection released today by the Congressional Budget Office rather than the $940 billion forecast when it was signed into law.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/cbo-obamacare-t...
Do you have another source to back up your claim?
Cancel Obamacare and medicare and medicaid and send the money to Israel and Korea. Let Americans gf themselves. War baby, war.
nobamaredux

United States

#883760 Apr 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently, you have not knowledge of the law.
I guarantee that if you left a loaded gun on the kitchen table, and your kid's friend picked it up & killed someone, that you would get your ass sued in court & lose.
Perhaps you leave loaded guns on your kitchen table, but rational people do not.

Silly argument.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#883761 Apr 4, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignored the other three questions:
Wasn't he raised and cared for by white people?
Didn't white people open the doors of academia for him?
Does he consider all white people pricks?
Reread my response, dumb carol. I said, yes; that's your assumption, and that's untrue...whatever your new name is, you'll always be dumb carol to me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883762 Apr 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's bullshyte.
The only thing that preempted the UCF shooter last month was his own room mate who saw the guns, locked himself in a bathroom and called 911. That led to the responding police being ready to rumble and the only shot the kid got off was the bullet he put through his own brain.
His wish was to kill hundreds and he could have with ease.
I'll halfway agree with you on Holmes only because he had made an attempt to reach out.
Spend all you want, you'll never protect society from the devious crazy.
Exactly. A retired ceo of a mental health organization shot his wife at her office yesterday here in Boca, then shot himself.
Go figure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

United States

#883763 Apr 4, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
If North Korea follows through with this ever growing threat, I'm afraid it will be a challenge for the entire world.
Let's hope Obama acts like a real leader instead of the front man if that, God forbid, should happen.
It's hard to imagine even someone like Kim Sung Un being that insane. Problem is, no one knows.
Good luck with that hope. Just like "hope and change."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883764 Apr 4, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Your suggestion is basically to beat up on North Korea because they are weak. The only differences between North Korea and Iran are that Iran is a much bigger threat, but we are much less likely to confront Iran because Iran would not be a pushover.
I'm sick of Korea extorting money; I don't really advocate war; but perhaps that little fatty needs a lesson on how we can demolish him in a minute. No ground troops needed.
Iran doesn't want to be obliterated either. It's all saber rattling.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#883765 Apr 4, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave how many Bullets does it take to Kill a Person?
Finally, a right whiner that admits there is no need for people to own assault type rifles with large clips.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

United States

#883766 Apr 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
How? Have him arrested for acting crazy?
Take custody of his firearms until his mental fitness could be confirmed. That's already done against those with protection from abuse orders.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#883767 Apr 4, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Seoul is less than fifty miles from the border. North Korean ground troops could swarm across the border regardless of roads.
By the way, it is illegal under US law to target a foreign leader for assassination.
It's not illegal to target a building fool.

First the N Korean troops would have to get to the border and prepare to swarm in a period that would A. telegraph their plan and B. leave the troops exposed to, pixy dust maybe?

Give it up mutt!

Whatever happens, DaBammy will come out smelling like a fn rose.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

United States

#883768 Apr 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's bullshyte.
The only thing that preempted the UCF shooter last month was his own room mate who saw the guns, locked himself in a bathroom and called 911. That led to the responding police being ready to rumble and the only shot the kid got off was the bullet he put through his own brain.
His wish was to kill hundreds and he could have with ease.
I'll halfway agree with you on Holmes only because he had made an attempt to reach out.
Spend all you want, you'll never protect society from the devious crazy.
Completely agree with your last sentence, but all the anti-gun legislation in the world will not protect you either.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883769 Apr 4, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Attempting to purchase a weapon when you know that you have a disqualifying criminal conviction is not a crime?
Check again.
A person goes to purchase a gun, a background check is done, if the person fails, the dealer is not supposed to sell the gun, he tells the person, I don't know why you were denied, you can appeal if you want. Many people are victims of identity theft; they have the right to know why they were denied, mistakes happen.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#883770 Apr 4, 2013
MENTAL ILLNESS LIBERLAS wrote:
<quoted text>YES, THESE MENTAL ILL LIBERLAS WANT TO GO AFTER law abiding citizen INSTEAD OF GOINGS AFTER OULAWS!THEY DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT LAW
ABIDING CITIZENS PROTECTING THEIR KIDS AND LOVE ONES!WHEN YOU OUTLAW GUNS
FOR THE LAW ADIDING CITZENS ONLY THE OUTLAWS WILL HAVE THEM!THESE LIBERALAS ARE EAT UP WITH THE DUMB ASS!!!!!!!!!!
Chicago is proof.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

United States

#883771 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sick of Korea extorting money; I don't really advocate war; but perhaps that little fatty needs a lesson on how we can demolish him in a minute. No ground troops needed.
Iran doesn't want to be obliterated either. It's all saber rattling.
Sending money to either country is ridiculous.

Can't "demolish" North Korea short of nuclear weapons.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gettysburg, PA

#883772 Apr 4, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what a resource officer is? Apparently not.
Apparently, you have no clue that the NRA plan is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883773 Apr 4, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the 'The Shining City Upon A Hill' until liberalism took over. The erosion of social mores brought on by burgeoning governmental largess and the pacification of a largely foreign dependent class, overloaded the treasury, which in turn led to the usurpation of wealth and inevitable collapse. Excessive government killed Rome.
The "erosion of social mores" had nothing to do with "liberalism."

Is equality for women "liberalism" or just what's right? Do conservatives oppose equality for women? If you still think of it that way, there's something wrong with you.

Equality isn't liberalism. It's Americanism.

The "erosion of social mores" was never in short supply; it was just underground. Men beat their wives without consequence because they were considered property. The fact that women, upon reclaiming their rights, left those men was no the erosion of social mores. It was the symptom of a lack of morality of the men who beat them, which was always there.

The erosion of social mores now is the disposability of marriage and family. Most people do not enter marriage with a serious commitment. They always think they have an "out" if they want. My brother just left his wife after 6 years and 2 kids because "he wasn't happy." I find that to be immoral. He had a girlfriend before they were even officially divorced. I find that to be immoral. His kids will suffer as a result of this. They were 3 and 1 at the time. I find that immoral.

And that's not liberalism.

If anything, conservative areas have MORE divorce than other places. Look it up. The most divorce is in the bible belt.

So it might be a cheap and easy scapegoat for you to blame everything on liberalism, but you're fooling yourself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gettysburg, PA

#883774 Apr 4, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you leave loaded guns on your kitchen table, but rational people do not.
Silly argument.
You sad ZERO liability yet if you leave a loaded gun with easy access, you are liable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883775 Apr 4, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
North Korea is moving a medium-range missile to a site in the east of the country, a U.S. intelligence official said Thursday as tensions with the nuclear-armed state continued to escalate.
The official declined to say where the Musudan missile was headed, but the North has used a site near the Russian border on the coast for its missile tests in the past.
South Korean Defense Minister Kim Kwan-jin told lawmakers Thursday that the missile had "considerable range" but not enough to hit the U.S. mainland, according to The Associated Press.
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/04...
Hope the Associated Press is right.
Could this be the other shoe I've been anticipating to drop - the trigger finger of the growing global tensions that causes an unknown catalyst worldwide?
Gee, sure hope not.
I'm sure you'll find a way to blame that on Obama too, but also to not give him any credit if it gets worked out.
nobamaredux

United States

#883776 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
A person goes to purchase a gun, a background check is done, if the person fails, the dealer is not supposed to sell the gun, he tells the person, I don't know why you were denied, you can appeal if you want. Many people are victims of identity theft; they have the right to know why they were denied, mistakes happen.
Even worse if a person is not told why they failed a background check.

The fact remains that applying to purchase a firearm when you clearly know in advance that you are disqualified, such as being a convicted felon, is a crime in itself.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883777 Apr 4, 2013
Doctor King wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, dear, let's start by saying your use of the term, "theoretically" is redundant so don't do that anymore. You could take it right out of the sentence and the sentence would make more sense. Secondly, who cares? The Holocaust was the Holocaust, the christians did nothing to stop it, it was them doing it, in fact. Pay attention to your christian neighbors, that's the message.
I have no idea what's happening in North Korea, not much I suspect, but it seems frightfully important to you. Why is that? Why do you always seem to need to be be worried about something? The very first second the North Koreans raise a WMD into a launch position, they will alllll disappear from the planet. Don't sweat it. Nobody'll miss 'em. Do you know any Koreans? They're the most unlikable people on earth. Let 'em go. Chill, bitch.
Gangnam style!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#883778 Apr 4, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was no more anywhere near the rightwing ideology as he was the leftwing ideology.
However, Obama most definitely wants control. Why is he growing government by leaps and bounds, usurping his authority by bypassing Congress on major policy decisions, making government and himself the CEO of corporations and demonizing the opposition in every other word he says?
Where have you been?
Myth: Hitler was a leftist.

Fact: Nearly all of Hitler's beliefs placed him on the far right.

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-hitler.htm

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min jacques Ottawa 180,978
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 1 hr Imasport 142
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 48,599
Ferguson protests move to retail stores 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 3 hr 1-5-11-17 MISSING 15
My true thoughts about this song. 3 hr ThereSheGosWalkin 4
Da Mayor Wins...........BIG 3 hr SOWhadaYaThink 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago