Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
nobamaredux

United States

#883724 Apr 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It was an astronaut that said passing over N Korea in darkness is eerie as the is not a light to be seen anywhere between S Korea and the China mainland.
North Korea has very limited electrical power.
If one googles North Korea and expands the little map that appears in the upper right of the page the first thing one would notice is that N Korea has very few roads. Looks like the fifth largest military in the world walks everywhere and those missiles are basically confined to the Pyongyang parade route.
It's my guess that one or two well placed US or S Korean missiles ends any conflict within hours sending the N Korean population into panic and chaos.
Meanwhile, N Korea has "never" tested the Musudan missile.
Most of what you say is true because the North Koreans have devoted all of their resources to their military, completely ignoring everything else.

But you're wrong because a humanitarian leader like Obama would never target the North Korean civilian population and, in any event, the North Korean population is under complete government control.

Consider also the possibility of a massive land invasion across the border, something that neither South Korea or the US has the ability to resist.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#883725 Apr 4, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why cannot the left see how they sound like sexist jerks? Is it a heavy duty case of self-righteousness making everything they say okay no matter how badly they come across?
To quote Dizzy Dean, "Son, if it's fact it ain't lie."

Placing three healthy, tactically trained LEO along with all the gear they would require in each public school is not only stupid but economically impossible. Then what about the parochial and private schools, charter schools, day care centers etc etc.

Now, tell me again, which of the recent school shooters would have been preempted by "mental health experts?"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883726 Apr 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, pick me, pick me! We've had a resource officer, closed circuit cameras, and metal detectors here forever it seems. About six years ago, one of our SAFY kids (three-hundred-pound African Queen) went nuts in study hall. Resource officer was in his way as he charged down A-hall. Long story short, kid climbed up his back in a smashing take down, and the officer (about 27) retired on disability.
You have something to add to that definition, Troll?
that's got to be emam, no one else is that annoying and dumb, or it's jasonjay resurrected
nobamaredux

United States

#883727 Apr 4, 2013
TSM wrote:
This is our New Health System, Thank You Obama…WALGREEN clinics to begin treating chronic illnesses... Doctors Shortages will lead to “A shortage of primary-care and other physicians could mean more-limited access to health care and longer wait times for patients," Your relationship between you and your doctor will now become Nurse/ practitioners relationship! WoW
You get what you pay for.

Politicians can't change that.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#883728 Apr 4, 2013
Andy Brooks, a 63-year-old British communist, has one word to sum up the indispuable reports of human rights violations in N. Korea:“propaganda.”

He complained “unsubstantiated claims” were “constantly thrown at North Korea".

Brooks is the secretary-general of the U.K.’s New Communist Party.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/04...

At least, according to this article, even other communists disavow his statements.

All Brooks has to do is rent the movie "Camp 14: Total Zone Control".

He will change his mind. Unless he doesn't have one.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#883729 Apr 4, 2013
This might be the Best solution to getting illegal immigrants to register! Easier to Apply for Green Card than Obamacare!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#883730 Apr 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he's alienated Grumpy Old Pricks since the day he was born black. A few might have tolerated him if he hadn't become president, but that's open to debate.
Whoa, someone is being excessively Grumpy here and it appears to be the writer of this post.

I disagree with Obama and the fact that you try to make a policy disagreement about race is proof enough you are the one lacking an enlightened viewpoint here.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#883731 Apr 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he's alienated Grumpy Old Pricks since the day he was born black.
Well, to rational and clear-thinking people, that seems to be a problem.

Wasn't he raised and cared for by white people? Didn't white people open the doors of academia for him? Does he consider all white people pricks? Aren't you white?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#883732 Apr 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>To quote Dizzy Dean, "Son, if it's fact it ain't lie."
Placing three healthy, tactically trained LEO along with all the gear they would require in each public school is not only stupid but economically impossible. Then what about the parochial and private schools, charter schools, day care centers etc etc.
Now, tell me again, which of the recent school shooters would have been preempted by "mental health experts?"
So making fun of heavy weight females is not sexist in your mind? Not a big surprise,but expected you to have the good common sense not to be proud of yourself for it.

Yet, we pay for these guards in every social security office. How do you justify that?

I think you are grasping at straws here.
nobamaredux

United States

#883733 Apr 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>To quote Dizzy Dean, "Son, if it's fact it ain't lie."
Why three, not one? In a school with twenty teachers, that would add about 5% to the personnel costs? And they would not require "tactical gear."

The Virginia Tech and Aurora shooters were both known by psychiatric personnel to be crazy and capable of such acts. The problem is translating that knowledge into action.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#883734 Apr 4, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
The economics of Obamacare are rapidly becoming unraveled, because all the original cost projections were absurd and politically motivated to allow passage.
However, despite the unfolding economic catastrophe, Obama will never back away, so the only possible outcome is a massive tax increase.
Interesting politics ahead on financing this turkey.
The CBO said you are a liar.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#883735 Apr 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
that's got to be emam, no one else is that annoying and dumb, or it's jasonjay resurrected
I know--too effin' nuts to realize that our resource officer WAS male, a trained city cop, and the kid wasn't even packin'. Annoying and dumb? I guess you wouldn't have to be a Grumpy Old Prick to be annoying and dumb, but all the ones on here clearly are.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#883736 Apr 4, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I did not disagree with your assessment of Chavez.
Okay, that's good. Thought you made a blanket comment that the entire post was wrong.

I'll go back and read it again.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#883737 Apr 4, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well who as Governor of Massachusetts signed into law the requirement that all citizens of the state be required to have health insurance and stated that there should be no "free riders" in the system. That would be Mitt Romney who also signed into law one of the toughest gun regulations in the nation.
You're an idiot!
"pdumb:
I would guess you probably voted for Romney, he is one would make decisions for you, deciding you must buy health insurance, you must allow the government to restrict your rights.
O would never call you an idiot, I would call you a left wing loon nut liberal troll. You are unable to make decisions, you need someone to make them for you.
Peace
KMA

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#883738 Apr 4, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, genuine participants can only mean -to you-if they agree with Obama?
So turn around Obama is not a genuine participant because he refuses to work with Republicans.
Obama's "fix" is not what everyone regards as a "fix".
Genuine participants are those whose interest lies with the well being of this country instead of their political party. Republican leadership met in December 2008 to decide how to proceed. They said if Obama was for it, they were against it.

McConnell said their number one priority was to make Obama a one term President, not help Americans find jobs.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883739 Apr 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bingo, N Korea has been pulling these stunts for years as a way of getting aid (money-food).
Today, South Koreans are going about their business and probably chuckling at young-Un's tactics.
I wonder if Rodman would go back right now LOL.
They have an underground subway system that goes down 100-200 meters, they've been training for war for over 50 years!
Maybe the President should call his bluff and say "listen buddy, these are your options: we will bomb the hell out of your reactor and drone you and will not give you any money. Period."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#883740 Apr 4, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of what you say is true because the North Koreans have devoted all of their resources to their military, completely ignoring everything else.
But you're wrong because a humanitarian leader like Obama would never target the North Korean civilian population and, in any event, the North Korean population is under complete government control.
Consider also the possibility of a massive land invasion across the border, something that neither South Korea or the US has the ability to resist.
There are only a couple of roads to the South dummy, see for yourself and it would take months to stage a massive land invasion__months in which the N Korean troops would be exposed. And probably hungry as hell.

I said one or two well placed missiles and nothing about the N Korean countryside. Maybe a round through the roof of that massive building where all the N Korean muckety mucks gather up and another into the Pyongyang power plant.

The N Korean civilians and 97% of the military haven't a fkn clue as to the damage the US can inflict within minutes.

Doesn't matter chump, China will jump in ahead of us and smack that fat little prik around. China sure as hell doesn't want a unified Korea that it can't exploit.
nobamaredux

United States

#883741 Apr 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The CBO said you are a liar.
The CBO is a computer that was fed bad assumptions, producing bad results. Garbage in, garbage out.

But neither your opinion or mine matters in the least.

Events will tell the story in terms of insurance premiums, cancellation of coverage, unemployment, government costs, and lack of access to medical care.

Just sit back and enjoy, satisfied in the knowledge that all will be "covered", whatever that is worth.

This is one issue that Obama will not be able to tap-dance around, except perhaps to demonize the wealthy and demand more taxes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#883742 Apr 4, 2013
MENTAL ILLNESS LIBERLAS wrote:
Barack Obama will return 5% of his salary to the US treasury in a show of solidarity with federal workers affected by $85bn in government-wide spending cuts.
Hundreds of thousands of workers could be forced to take unpaid leave if Congress fails to reach an agreement soon to undo the cuts, which came as punishment for the inability of the Obama administration and Congress to come up with another way to address the country's debt.
The 5% that Obama will hand back mirrors the 5% cut that domestic agencies took when the reductions went into effect. The Pentagon's budget took an 8% hit.
Every federal agency is grappling with spending cuts, which the White House has said could affect everything from commercial flights to classrooms.
A 5% cut from the president's salary of $400,000 (£265,000) a year amounts to $20,000.
"The salary for the president, as with members of Congress, is set by law and cannot be changed," Obama's spokesman, Jay Carney, said on Wednesday. "However, the president has decided to share in the sacrifice being made by public servants across the federal government."
THIS IS A BIG,BIG SACIFICE FOR THE PRESDENT,I FEEL SO SORRY FOR HIM THAT, I AM GOING TO SEND HIM SOME MONEY.I JUST DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS POOR GUY IS GOING TO MAKE IT,I FEEL SO SORRY FOR ALL THIS PAIN HE IS GOING THREW!
"Mental"
The president nobama really cares???? Yeah right. He returned 5% of his salary, 20 grand. Then he hops on Air Force 1, cost a few hundred thousand to fly to Los Angeles for a fund raiser.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#883743 Apr 4, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to rational and clear-thinking people, that seems to be a problem.
Wasn't he raised and cared for by white people? Didn't white people open the doors of academia for him? Does he consider all white people pricks? Aren't you white?
How would know what rational, clear-thinking (isn't that a bit redundant) people would are having problems with? However, yes; that's your racist assumption; that's clearly untrue, and yes, I am an extremely white rational person who would not become a Grumpy Old Prick as long as one brain cell remained.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min Cheech the Conser... 49,244
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Deputy Dog 98,857
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,130
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 1 hr Le Jimbo 20
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 181,892
Abby 12-22 1 hr cheluzal 3
Amy 12-22 1 hr cheluzal 8
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News