Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
812,801 - 812,820 of 1,096,194 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
More broadly, eliminate all federal programs that take federal tax dollars and return the money to state and local governments, minus an exorbitant commission for federal overhead.
Let the state and local governments collect those taxes directly, if they so choose.
And then the state and local governments will rip you off.

Look - wherever the money goes, they will rip you off. Federal government, local government, bank, corporation.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Liberal ideology 99% verse 1%!! Today Liberals wantís to penalize 99% of Law Abiding citizens for 1% of the Mental disturb individuals that commit these crimes!! Again can any Liberal/Democrat tell me whatís being Propose would have prevented Sandy Hook?
I'm sorry - what's the penalty again?
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Fisker Automotive was founded in 2007 apparently to take advantage of the various state and federal incentive available at "that" time. It was entirely funded by opm, other peoples money.
The company has never hit stride.
Gentle words for a fraudulent company that never produced a damn thing.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Tell gun owners to quit shooting people en masse and there won't be any need. Right now as noted we bear all the burden, why shouldn't gun owners bear more responsibility for themselves and their fellow gun owners actions?
If anything gun owners should get an insurance discount, they are willing to protect their property and others. Unlike the non-gun owners who would stand by and watch while others are hurt or kill like they did at Sandy Hook. They are communist minded cowards not Americans.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
Gun owners would have to buy liability insurance or they could face a $10,000 fine, under a new plan proposed by a group of House Democrats.
"For too long, gun victims and society at large have borne the brunt of the costs of gun violence," the bill's sponsor, New York Rep. Carolyn Maloney, said in a written statement. "My bill would change that by shifting some of that cost back onto those who own the weapons."
Supporters of the idea say most states require car owners to have liability insurance to cover damages their vehicles cause to others, so the same should be mandated for owners of firearms. Opponents argue that it adds an expensive burden for gun owners and infringes on Second Amendment rights.
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5401-house-...
No chance of this passing Congress and even less chance of being Constitutional (unless the insurance is actually tax). The Supreme Court has already ruled on this in Obamacare.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck finding someone twice my size, maybe an NFL lineman? Homer has gotten by just fine for going on 50 years without ever getting the tar beat out of him.
Okay, pretend you're a man of smaller stature and a strong muscular guy wanted to beat the tar out of you because you were an easy target to be robbed or something. You wouldn't be wishing you had a gun for protection then?

It's not the weapon, it's the person using the weapon. Hands and muscles can be just as lethal. Why don't you get that, Homer?
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey! I like it.
So right now there is no additional insurance needed or adjustments to insurance premiums if you own a gun?
Homer doesn't a own a gun, I find a bat to be more personal should anyone break in to my house.
Plus my you know is of uh adequate size, so no need to compensate and I'm not a hunter.
Generally, Homer would be better off to kill an intruder rather than seriously injure him. So, a gun is much more effective.

If Homer clubs the guy enough to make him a quadraplegic, Homer will lose a huge lawsuit. Kill the intruder and Homer walks.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You tube, c'mon__once again, in Florida, who administers SNAP?
BTW, SNAP is in the Florida newspapers today due to some pending Florida legislation and the arrest of a Daytona convenience store owner who was in violation.
Maybe you should research SNAP before you you spew more bullsht.
The guy was being interviewed on television and you tube provided the video.

Sheesh. Did you even see it?

Some store clerk apparently didn't honor the EBT card being used to purchase food or something. Has nothing to do with what we're discussing and there's nothing to research that would strengthen your or my argument about the fraud and abuse.
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Look - wherever the money goes, they will rip you off. Federal government, local government, bank, corporation.
I guess the thread has a new know-it-all libtard. GOOD GRIEF!
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry - what's the penalty again?
Again tell me whatís being Propose would have prevented Sandy Hook?
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
After a long and fabulous day of exclusive property/real estate hunting I am back at my expensive flat getting ready for a dinner of spotted dick, bangers, Pie and Mash with parsley liquor, and some Yorkshire Pudding for desert. I will then be retiring for the evening.
I had another successful venture today, bought another castle. Here it is:
http://anglotopia.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp -
content/uploads/2009/03/138330 399_7024ab075f.jpg
My plan is starting to take formation. I was also fitted for my crown. Try not to be too jelous libtards. Tomorrow after a sumptuous breakfast of "Toad-in-the-Hole" I will be off again hunting for more properties and buildings to build my English empire with. Have a nice evening all.
Yorkshire Pudding was yesterday with beef wellington at a fine pub. The food is really good here nowadays nuculur. You should see if someone will pay for you to visit. You class can fly round trip for about $1000 usd.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What the fk are you talking about?
The criminal background data bases exist and are currently being shared by the majority if not all of the states, matter of fact there are at least three comprehensive national data bases that are not based on scientific opinion__felon means felon.
Speaking of data bases, Pennsylvania is reviewing and may rescind it's reciprocal agreement with Florida regarding conceal carry permits. Amazing eh?
Attempting to purchase a weapon illegally is a crime, so failing a background check is prima facie evidence of a crime. Yet this crime is rarely prosecuted. Why not?
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
You all may, if you would like, begin calling me
"Waxman, Lord of the Manor" from now on.
Naw. Just you nuculur.
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Good evening nuculur. What do you think of large lake homes? I was thinking they are less likely to have Democrats than ocean front. Do you agree?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy was being interviewed on television and you tube provided the video.
Sheesh. Did you even see it?
Some store clerk apparently didn't honor the EBT card being used to purchase food or something. Has nothing to do with what we're discussing and there's nothing to research that would strengthen your or my argument about the fraud and abuse.
Once again dummy__who administers SNAP in Florida?

Check here__for the state

Check here__for the federal government

You're a fkn stooge without a clue once again.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easier to control locally.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Attempting to purchase a weapon illegally is a crime, so failing a background check is prima facie evidence of a crime. Yet this crime is rarely prosecuted. Why not?
Write or e-mail your local Sheriff. And don't fk around, get tough__tell him that you want all existing weapons violations enforced.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Once again dummy__who administers SNAP in Florida?
Check here__for the state
Check here__for the federal government
You're a fkn stooge without a clue once again.
All theft by government should be eliminated don't you agree?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>So higher insurance for a Pitbull but not a gun? Interesting.
My redneck neighbor said he "found" his pitbull! Ha! Here you can get them from a shelter but they're examined first
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Write or e-mail your local Sheriff. And don't fk around, get tough__tell him that you want all existing weapons violations enforced.
Failing a background check is not a crime

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min edogxxx 97,827
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Beavis 176,805
Abby 8-22 14 min edogxxx 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min Chickenpoo 49,272
Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer ... (Jul '09) 18 min Redlex busted 179
Amy 8-22 21 min edogxxx 4
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min TRD 68,297

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••