Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
812,721 - 812,740 of 1,080,138 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> for this, ily be usin her drunken brain
This study will only encourage Mexicans to come across the border and give birth to terror brains."
---Rep. Louie Gohmert

"I can see brains from the back of my eyeballs!"
---Sarah Palin
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Abolish the Dept. Of Education and kids will benefit immediately. What a waste of money.
More broadly, eliminate all federal programs that take federal tax dollars and return the money to state and local governments, minus an exorbitant commission for federal overhead.

Let the state and local governments collect those taxes directly, if they so choose.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Tenzing proffered this awhile back, I think it's a great idea. Let the insurance industry control the guns. If Nancy Lanza knew she'd have to insure her weapons, with that kid in the house, her premiums would be through the roof; if she realized that anyone murdered by her guns would cost her entire estate and the insurance companies liability; perhaps 26 people would be alive.
sure; as long as you aren't driving
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
This study will only encourage Mexicans to come across the border and give birth to terror brains."
---Rep. Louie Gohmert
---Sarah Palin
"I can't see anything throught my bloodshot liquored eyeballs!"
---lily boca raton fl
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
So why does medical insurance, Medicare, and Obamacare continue to pay for mental health services?
Are you suggesting we shoot all the psychiatrists?
Sounds like Realtime has some real anger here.
Hah, no anger here old pal__simply pointing out that mental health background checks for gun ownership creates far more problems than it could possibly solve not to mention that the cost would be enormous.

On the one hand the right seeks legislation that prohibits physicians from inquiring about weapons in their patient's home and on the other want's to fund doctors for recording lists of their patients who may present a danger to society.

It's hocus-pocus
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
However, laws like the one recently passed in New York may face problems in the Supreme Court because they so extensively restrict the right to bear arms as to effectively cancel the Second Amendment, by making almost all firearms illegal.
the opinion forwarded by the majority was based on the premise that are there are dangerous and unusual weapons so they could say that handguns are not.

so the twisted logic of the conservatives on the Court, while upsetting precedent, will now come back to bite them in the ass when the first case concerning 'dangerous and unusual' makes it's way to the Court. should be interesting to see them try to backpedal without opening up new cases concerning handguns.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's an extremely complicated issue. What would you suggest?
The Republicans want to cut medicaid and medicare; but rightwingers like Carol continue to say "Obama must do something about the mentally ill"; ok, what? Lock up everyone who acts a little odd? Who will pay for this wholesale warehousing of people?
We already do this through the criminal justice system; we have more people in prison than any other country.
Psychiatrists prescribe drugs; these drugs often make the person worse; no one knows what to do.
The taxpayers are spending huge sums on programs for the homeless, most of whom are mentally ill.

Drugs are also a factor in obesity.

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20545...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Gun owners would have to buy liability insurance or they could face a $10,000 fine, under a new plan proposed by a group of House Democrats.
"For too long, gun victims and society at large have borne the brunt of the costs of gun violence," the bill's sponsor, New York Rep. Carolyn Maloney, said in a written statement. "My bill would change that by shifting some of that cost back onto those who own the weapons."
Supporters of the idea say most states require car owners to have liability insurance to cover damages their vehicles cause to others, so the same should be mandated for owners of firearms. Opponents argue that it adds an expensive burden for gun owners and infringes on Second Amendment rights.
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5401-house-...
They can't seem to understand or accept that with rights come responsibilities...talk about the "takers." To fully utilize the right to freedom of speech, one must assume the responsibility for speaking truthfully, understandably, and comprehensively. The right to vote should be enhanced by undertaking the efforts necessary to learn what is being voted upon and the beliefs of the candidates running. Automobiles, pit bulls, guns, children should all come with the burden of responsibility, imho.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The Republicans want to cut medicaid and medicare; but rightwingers like Carol continue to say "Obama must do something about the mentally ill"; ok, what? Lock up everyone who acts a little odd? Who will pay for this wholesale warehousing of people?
We already do this through the criminal justice system; we have more people in prison than any other country.
Psychiatrists prescribe drugs; these drugs often make the person worse; no one knows what to do.
George Zimmerman was pill freak dependent on a variety mood drugs just to get through his day. He had a conceal carry permit and supposedly carried wherever he went except his workplace.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What is the purpose of background checks for weapons purchases, if not to eliminate the most dangerous potential buyers?

That would include convicted felons and those with mental illness.

There are records to identify the felons, but not the mentally ill.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, no anger here old pal__simply pointing out that mental health background checks for gun ownership creates far more problems than it could possibly solve not to mention that the cost would be enormous.
On the one hand the right seeks legislation that prohibits physicians from inquiring about weapons in their patient's home and on the other want's to fund doctors for recording lists of their patients who may present a danger to society.
It's hocus-pocus
Then why have background checks at all?

As to doctors questions, no legislation is required. Simply refuse to answer questions about weapons possession, as well as questions about alcohol consumption.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Liberal ideology 99% verse 1%!! Today Liberals want’s to penalize 99% of Law Abiding citizens for 1% of the Mental disturb individuals that commit these crimes!! Again can any Liberal/Democrat tell me what’s being Propose would have prevented Sandy Hook?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
---Rep. Louie Gohmert
---Sarah Palin
"Don't mess with lookin' for brains in Texas." Rick Perry

"Our number one priority is seeing that brains only last one term." Mitch McConnell

"The taxpayers are paying for three full-time projectionists for my brain." Michelle Bachmann
Anonymous

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So, it means you hate yourself!
No, actually, I don't hate myself. I don't want the government to control me.

Do you?
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

So I've officially registered. Changed my name again just to be safe.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

TheIndepentdentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk off you nutcase lunaTic..and stop STALKING me, you psycho.
You need to get out of your meth lab more often.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Hello jackwagons.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What war did he vote against that involve drone strikes in pakistan? As commander in chief he could stop all military action if he wanted to. He doesn't.
Didn't the enemy take the war to Pakistan - like in Iraq?

Our only mission was to take down Saddam. Until the enemy decided the war was in Iraq.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>George Zimmerman was pill freak dependent on a variety mood drugs just to get through his day. He had a conceal carry permit and supposedly carried wherever he went except his workplace.
If that mental case wasn't packing heat he never would have stalked Martin. He was itching for a confrontation.
Ernest

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

I walk around Paris. I judge, by right of Zeus himself, the women naked. They show themselves to me. A naked woman is like a crude pink candle. She holds the wax which holds the wick. I hold the flame which makes her burn. Or not. The bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

83 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Mothra 45,797
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Frank 174,639
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 15 min andet1987 463
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min fearless 67,952
last post wins! (Apr '13) 29 min Hatti_Hollerand 295
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 30 min Brink 355
How to install windows 8 1 hr Its a POS-Dont Bother 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Sublime1 97,539
Abby 7-24 19 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs