Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,631)

Showing posts 812,601 - 812,620 of1,071,774
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Myths, lies and complete stupidity.. that's liberal...
and that would be the conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia who you're insulting.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
Dr. Ben Carson on Tuesday accused critics of his stance on gay marriage of trying to completely shut down debate on the issue and called his white liberal critics “the most racist out there.”
In an appearance on the Mark Levin radio show, Carson said he represents an existential threat to gay marriage proponents, which is why attacks on his stance against gay marriage have been so vicious.
“They need to shut me up, they need to get rid of me. They can’t find anything else to delegitimize me, so they take my words, misinterpret them, and try to make it seem that I’m a bigot,” he said.
After Levin asked him about white liberals, Carson, who is black, said,“They’re the most racist people there are because they put you in a little category, a box. How could you dare come off the plantation?”
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ben-carson-l...
Liberals Fear: Black Conservatives, Facts and Truth!!
On March 25, I wrote a controversial post about Dr. Ben Carson (controversial because it wasn’t 100 percent positive) that ended thusly:

“…I fear that conservatives are actually doing Dr. Carson no favors by immediately granting him rock star status. Sure, he’s a brilliant doctor, but politics is different from everything else. No matter how smart you are, it takes time to grow into a political career as a politician or a pundit. And sadly, Dr. Carson has been deprived of that.”

Almost immediately after writing that, Dr. Carson become embroiled in controversy over comments that,“be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality,” the definition of marriage cannot be changed.

He subsequently went on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell (another interesting decision) to clarify his remarks. Additionally, National Review reported that a petition was distributed by Johns Hopkins students to have him removed as a commencement speaker.

Some conservatives will cheer this as evidence that Dr. Carson is speaking truth to power. But he could be a much more effective witness for his conservative beliefs were he to maintain his stature as a respected professional within the medical profession and academic community.

The last thing conservatives need is another red-meat-hurling political pundit. They’re a dime a dozen. We could easily pluck one from a “morning zoo” radio show tomorrow. What conservatism really needs is, I don’t know…a highly-respected African-American pediatric neurosurgeon who could lend credibility and seriousness to the cause.

The problem for Dr. Carson is that he seems to be trading in a highly-respected job to become a mere pundit. What is more, he hasn’t yet developed the ability to communicate his conservative message at a level his stature demands.(To be sure, there would be attacks on Dr. Carson no matter how safe he played it. Liberals will rightly view him as a threat. What I am proposing is that he not make their job any easier for them.)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/02/how-conserv...

yeah, i know...more conservative myths, lies and complete stupidity.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and that would be the conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia who you're insulting.
Sonicfiller is responsible for what he says. You are not responsible for what you understand.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but who is making that argument?
Scalia. not an argument though. an opinion of the Court. DC v Heller.

more goodies....

We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.”

We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.”

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
On March 25, I wrote a controversial post about Dr. Ben Carson (controversial because it wasn’t 100 percent positive) that ended thusly:
“…I fear that conservatives are actually doing Dr. Carson no favors by immediately granting him rock star status. Sure, he’s a brilliant doctor, but politics is different from everything else. No matter how smart you are, it takes time to grow into a political career as a politician or a pundit. And sadly, Dr. Carson has been deprived of that.”
Almost immediately after writing that, Dr. Carson become embroiled in controversy over comments that,“be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality,” the definition of marriage cannot be changed.
He subsequently went on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell (another interesting decision) to clarify his remarks. Additionally, National Review reported that a petition was distributed by Johns Hopkins students to have him removed as a commencement speaker.
Some conservatives will cheer this as evidence that Dr. Carson is speaking truth to power. But he could be a much more effective witness for his conservative beliefs were he to maintain his stature as a respected professional within the medical profession and academic community.
The last thing conservatives need is another red-meat-hurling political pundit. They’re a dime a dozen. We could easily pluck one from a “morning zoo” radio show tomorrow. What conservatism really needs is, I don’t know…a highly-respected African-American pediatric neurosurgeon who could lend credibility and seriousness to the cause.
The problem for Dr. Carson is that he seems to be trading in a highly-respected job to become a mere pundit. What is more, he hasn’t yet developed the ability to communicate his conservative message at a level his stature demands.(To be sure, there would be attacks on Dr. Carson no matter how safe he played it. Liberals will rightly view him as a threat. What I am proposing is that he not make their job any easier for them.)
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/02/how-conserv...
yeah, i know...more conservative myths, lies and complete stupidity.
sonicfiller can't differentiate the difference between communist propaganda, fact, fiction, or opinion. A ventriloquist's dummy..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Sonicfiller is responsible for what he says. You are not responsible for what you understand.
i understand that literal interpretations of the Constitution hold no water.

seems a lot of 'responsible' conservative folks haven't figured that one out yet.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Scalia. not an argument though. an opinion of the Court. DC v Heller.
more goodies....
We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.”
We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.”
Spammer: The act of obnoxiously doing repeated cut-n-paste for attention all day long to disturb others. sonicfiller, a deranged dumbass on a forum, no job, running on complete empty, a moron posting inane crap or delusional spam of no relevance for only their deranged amusement to create inane argument 24/7..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>sonicfiller can't differentiate the difference between communist propaganda, fact, fiction, or opinion. A ventriloquist's dummy..
so now the Daily Caller is a commie rag?

if you go over there and post that supposition your kin folk will call you a liberal.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Spammer: The act of obnoxiously doing repeated cut-n-paste for attention all day long to disturb others. sonicfiller, a deranged dumbass on a forum, no job, running on complete empty, a moron posting inane crap or delusional spam of no relevance for only their deranged amusement to create inane argument 24/7..
[yawn]
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i understand that literal interpretations of the Constitution hold no water.
seems a lot of 'responsible' conservative folks haven't figured that one out yet.
Your deranged creativity is your lack of intelligent thinking running on empty, still having fun sonicfiller.

These liberals oppose your belief and right to bear arms: Hitler, Castro, Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Mao, Chavez, Obama. Who do you trust dummy?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>Scalia. not an argument though. an opinion of the Court. DC v Heller.

more goodies....

I am not seeing it! Who is making the argument for the right to carry any weapon at any time?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so now the Daily Caller is a commie rag?
if you go over there and post that supposition your kin folk will call you a liberal.
Don't believe everything you read or see on the internet just because there's a picture or with a quote next to it sonicfiller..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
[yawn]
The eyes are useless when your mind is blind with cut-n-paste sonicfiller.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just like that didn't work for interracial marriage, it doesn't work for gay marriage.
Do you not realize you live in America?
Do you not realize gay people have the same God-given rights as everyone else?
Why should they be subjected to the whims of other people?
Ever hear of the tyranny of the majority stuff? Yeah, that's bad.
Nobody gets to take my rights away because I happen to be gay. Nobody should be voting on my rights - even in the states where we have won recently. Which of your rights are you willing to put up for a public vote?
Some of you don't even understand the great country in which we live and want to turn it into your personal likes and dislikes or your churches. That's not even smart, because it can be just as easily turned around on you.
Use your head. And think like a real American.
"Tony C"
You make a lot assumptions. Is that why you are such anass?
What gay folks do in the privacy of their bedrooms is none of my business and I could care less. That being said I am not for gay marriage, it is my right to disagree with gay marriage.
Interracial marriage bothers me not a wit. I know several interracial married couples good folks, have been to their homes and they to mine.
Why should I be subject to the whims of folks who would like to take away or restrict my right to own a firearm? Or to sell a firearm? Or to assemble with others of the same ilk.
Why should my right to not purchase a product, health care, that I may not want?
You should start thinking like a real American and understand that all do not agree with your stands. Do you realize that you live in an America where folks are permitted to have views that disagree with yours?
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not seeing it! Who is making the argument for the right to carry any weapon at any time?
there is no right to carry any weapon at any time. never has been.

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues.

Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

And Waxturd can go to bed in England, yet continue topost for the rest of the night from another proxy in FL.

How sick is that?? Waxturd sick.
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones and fertilizer. One will never disarm a deranged liberal..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
And Waxturd can go to bed in England, yet continue topost for the rest of the night from another proxy in FL.
<quoted text>
Don't assume my posts are about you nitwit. But if you're affected then that must mean you're guilty of something you idiot.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur is a police state Connecticunt Fascist..
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see background checks at every sale at a gun show.
I would like a ban on military-style weapons.
I would like a ban limiting magazines to 10 rounds.
Get over it. That doesn't infringe on anybody's constitutional rights any more than restrictions against yelling "fire" in a crowded theater or inciting riots.
If you have a problem with that, you're a mental case, and we'll take your guns away for being a mental case.
Agree, do you have a gun?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Nuculur is a police state Connecticunt Fascist..
And you're a fuggin retard

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 812,601 - 812,620 of1,071,774
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min LRS 173,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 51 min cheluzal 97,432
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 388
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 2 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 2 hr hands on AR 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••