Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#883279 Apr 3, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey! I like it.
So right now there is no additional insurance needed or adjustments to insurance premiums if you own a gun?
Homer doesn't a own a gun, I find a bat to be more personal should anyone break in to my house.
Plus my you know is of uh adequate size, so no need to compensate and I'm not a hunter.
In my state, or city--I'm not really sure--one has to have a 100K liability policy if he owns a pit bull, and pit bulls cannot be adopted out of a shelter. Guns? Not so much. I guess Portman's son hasn't brought home a pit bull yet?
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#883280 Apr 3, 2013
The enemy decides the frontlines of any war.

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq...

South Korea?

CNN - U.S. deploys stealth fighter jets to South Korea.

The tense situation has irritated North Korea's traditional allies, China and Russia, drawing regular calls for restraint on all sides in recent weeks.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/31/world/asia/us-k...

North Korea is probably just blowing off hot air again. It's probably nothing...
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

#883281 Apr 3, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
children should all come with the burden of responsibility? Only an ignorant Democrat would even think to type something so sucking fupid.
So are you saying that having children doesn't garner responsibility? Nah that was a mistake! Let me wiggle you out of your mental room of retardation. You really meant to use a quotation mark, not a question mark. Ignorance is only bliss to he with few morals!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#883282 Apr 3, 2013
The Liberal Sheep will continue to repeat the President Lie!! During several speeches, Obama has said 40 percent of all gun purchases were made without a background check!! Obama earns another Pinocchio; Background Checks for Gun Purchases Under Obama has Double during his Presidency!!
Ernest

London, UK

#883283 Apr 3, 2013
Smoking a fleshy cigarette I watch the fascists over the lit barrels of my gun... lit barrels, I smile and then shoot them down. They suffer... I hunt them down, mere millimeters of movement, rends their tender hides... like Marlin. They die.

In the distance I see the ambulance racing to die. It hits a mine. Is it ours or theirs? Her brilliant red-gold hair rises like my penis and then settles on the snowy, dark landscape. I wish I was taller, but I'm not.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#883284 Apr 3, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why have background checks at all?
As to doctors questions, no legislation is required. Simply refuse to answer questions about weapons possession, as well as questions about alcohol consumption.
What the fk are you talking about?

The criminal background data bases exist and are currently being shared by the majority if not all of the states, matter of fact there are at least three comprehensive national data bases that are not based on scientific opinion__felon means felon.

Speaking of data bases, Pennsylvania is reviewing and may rescind it's reciprocal agreement with Florida regarding conceal carry permits. Amazing eh?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#883285 Apr 3, 2013
“You are extraordinary within your limits, but your limits are extraordinary!” Now, please refrain yourself from writing any short-sentence prose in which smelly old drunks gouge each other's eyes out.
Ernest wrote:
The woman sent me here, I don't normally respond to their cravings for they are as ashes to me. I've killed more women in Spain than ever existed in Troy... or Greece. Someday, when I'm weak and less a man ... I might kill myself. On the other hand... I might go fishing... who knows? Marlin... by God Poseidon himself won't keep me from the shining killas the did Odysseus, to keep him from his timid but beautiful woman-flesh.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#883286 Apr 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>In my state, or city--I'm not really sure--one has to have a 100K liability policy if he owns a pit bull, and pit bulls cannot be adopted out of a shelter. Guns? Not so much. I guess Portman's son hasn't brought home a pit bull yet?
So higher insurance for a Pitbull but not a gun? Interesting.
Ernest

London, UK

#883287 Apr 3, 2013
Although it is nearly a mile away, I kill the the Spanish soldiers. They die like men. In pieces. no one shall have my redhead but me. No one. Although she's dead now, only I will have her. In it's way this gruesome glory is as Troy. Leo, the ambulance driver, is Helen... the rest of these guys, I'm not sure of yet. All I know is that sooner or later we'll be in Paris... or Cuba. Art imitates life.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#883289 Apr 3, 2013
An outspoken investigative journalist and former CNN correspondent has once again stressed that the US-based network is engaged in spreading Western propaganda against Iran and Syria.

Amber Lyon said that when she was working for CNN, she received orders to send false news or exclude certain information which the US administration did not approve of with the aim of inciting public opinion, Lyon added that the mainstream US media outlets intentionally work to create propaganda,She said that the same scenario used before launching the 2003 war on Iraq is being prepared for Iran and Syria.

Amber went on to say that both states are now being subjected to “constant demonization” by American mainstream media.

The former reporter clarified that the CNN receives money from the US government and other states in exchange for aligning news content with their interests.

She described the attitude as “dangerous to the American public because they are not being given the accurate story and accurate picture of our foreign policy.”

Lyon also said that CNN was bribed by Bahrain’s regime to censor an early 2011 documentary on its brutal crackdown on popular protests.

The former CNN correspondent produced the documentary on the brutal suppression of nationwide protests in the Persian Gulf kingdom. Although it was aired domestically within the US, its broadcast on CNN International was suspiciously withheld, raising charges that the management of the mainstream TV network had pulled the plug on the news story.
Ernest

London, UK

#883290 Apr 3, 2013
The big fish dances at the end of my line and I pull hard against him even though I know the hook is already hard-set against his silvery jaw. His maleness against mine, he will surely lose. I will kill him, there is no doubt. As he rises in the coral blue water I think, "testicles." Wheras he's thinking, "lunch?"
Ernest

London, UK

#883291 Apr 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
“You are extraordinary within your limits, but your limits are extraordinary!” Now, please refrain yourself from writing any short-sentence prose in which smelly old drunks gouge each other's eyes out. <quoted text>
You know I love you though,(not admitting any weakness.) We're only a few years apart... just imagine if we were born apart together.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#883292 Apr 3, 2013
A recent Wired piece —“America the Ammo Dealer (and Buyer)”— shows how the bullet industry has become a global business. Once again, spreading the socioeconomic costs to users isn’t a bad idea. There are so many reasons why this makes for sound public policy. There’s a long history of taxing things that are dangerous: Alcohol and tobacco are on top of the list.

It’s a long-held economic principle that taxing harmful activities can reduce their occurrence. Of course,“sin” taxes” never eliminate those activities, but they can certainly put a dent into things like drunk driving and cancer deaths. That much has been proven.

To continue on the road to gun violence remedies, we need to step out of this mindset that gun violence isn’t a socioeconomic curse that can alleviated by market-based solutions. Price the risk.
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#883293 Apr 3, 2013
Aunt Mattie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, let's have the government force us to buy/insure something else and punish us if we don't.
Where does it end, Lily?
Where does end?
Good question.
I kinda think when we have a complete collapse of the dollar and the economy and Liberty and Justice and our Country as we know it.
That's when it will end.
Kinda of a sham...really
So many will suffer...only to serve as reminder as too who
we are as Americans and just what it is that set apart from
the rest of the world.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#883294 Apr 3, 2013
THE CHRISTIANS OF SYRIA THANK YOU GEORGE BUSH oops I MEAN BARAK OBAMA IT JUST SEEMS LIKE BUSH IS STILL IN OFFICE, FREEDOM HUMAN RIGHTS , RIGHT MR. PRESIDENT YOUR VOICE ONLY COMES OUT OT START THE WARS OBAMA HAS SAID NOTHING OF THE DESTRUCTION HE HAS BROUGHT TO THE PEOPLE OF LIBYA ,SYRIA, EGYPT,SEVERAL AFRICAN NATIONS it's almost as if the FRENCH OWN OBAMA the list goes on Mr. OBAMA the new HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION brought on by obamas policies
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#883295 Apr 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>In my state, or city--I'm not really sure--one has to have a 100K liability policy if he owns a pit bull, and pit bulls cannot be adopted out of a shelter. Guns? Not so much. I guess Portman's son hasn't brought home a pit bull yet?
You don't like Portman....good I don't like him either.
Join with me in the next primary and will see if we
get a true Conservative in there.
GOOOOOO Tea Party!!!!!
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#883296 Apr 3, 2013
U.S.“Human Rights” Wars: Arms Control as a Weapon
The newly minted international Arms Trade Treaty is simply another device to strip nations targeted for U.S. attack of the ability to defend themselves.” The world’s biggest arms exporter and purveyor of war has once again “made human rights a weapon of mass destruction.”
The United Nations General Assembly vote on regulation of the international arms trade purports to be a modest step away from violence in the world, but is in fact the very opposite. The newly approved Arms Trade Treaty is conceived and designed as a facilitator of war by its main sponsor, the United States.

At the core of the treaty is a ban on arms exports to countries that are under U.N. embargoes, or that are accused of promoting genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes. But such language is only a tool of war in the hands of the U.S. The cold fact is that, since the establishment of the United Nations to this very day, the United States and its allies, clients and proxies have been the worst perpetrators of crimes against humanity. From Vietnam to East Timor to Guatemala to Iraq to Somalia and to Congo, the U.S. has caused the deaths of well over ten million people over the past 60 years.

In the 21st century, in a cruel joke on humanity, the mass murderers in Washington put on their “human rights” hats and declared themselves to be the international community’s protectors against so-called “rogue” nations. The doctrine of “humanitarian military intervention” was inflicted on the world. It was not coincidental that each of those nations designated as rogue violators of human rights were also at the top of Washington’s hit list for regime change. Haiti was attacked and occupied, its sovereignty stolen under the auspices of the UN, for supposedly “humanitarian” reasons. Libya was bombed for seven months and plunged into a race war, under the “humanitarian” umbrella. The Democratic Republic of Congo has lost six million people at the hands of U.S. humanitarian policy. Let us one day be saved from the fatal embrace of the humanitarian superpower, who has made human rights a weapon of mass destruction.
Aunt Mattie

Orlando, FL

#883297 Apr 3, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Tell gun owners to quit shooting people en masse and there won't be any need. Right now as noted we bear all the burden, why shouldn't gun owners bear more responsibility for themselves and their fellow gun owners actions?
Gun owners shooting people en masse? You seriously need to chill, Homer.

More people are killed in the streets of Chicago by gangs who have the strictest gun laws on the books.

What we need are better laws allowing mental health professionals to discern red flags and take the mentally ill off the streets who ARE killing people en masse before it's too late.

The government wouldn't make that decision. Mental health professionals would.
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#883298 Apr 3, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>They can't seem to understand or accept that with rights come responsibilities...talk about the "takers." To fully utilize the right to freedom of speech, one must assume the responsibility for speaking truthfully, understandably, and comprehensively. The right to vote should be enhanced by undertaking the efforts necessary to learn what is being voted upon and the beliefs of the candidates running. Automobiles, pit bulls, guns, children should all come with the burden of responsibility, imho.
OK Leo you give me no choice but give this stupid post
a big old SQUAWK!!!
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#883299 Apr 3, 2013
Obamas humanitarian warfare and that racist mockery of an International Criminal Court, is simply another device to strip nations targeted for U.S. attack of the ability to defend themselves. The immediate targets are Syria, Iran, and North Korea, which is why they voted against the treaty. Twenty-three other countries abstained, including Russia, China and India. They understand that this treaty is not about limiting warfare, but about making nations into outlaws, to be more easily subdued by the United States. In a stroke of supreme cynicism, America and its allies argued that non-state actors – like their jihadist proxies waging a war of terror against Syria – should not be subject to the treaty, because “national liberation movements” should be able to protect themselves. What shameless hypocrisy! The U.S. and Europe now sing the praises of national liberation movements, after having killed tens of millions to stifle the national aspirations of most of the world’s people.

But, that is no more insane than Washington posing as a force for peace. Not only is the U.S. the top arms exporter in the world, but 8 of the top 10 war-profiteering corporations on the planet are American. On the lips of U.S. presidents, arms control is bogus, human rights is a sham, and words of peace are actually weapons of war.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min scirocco 70,993
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 43 min barefoot2626 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,835
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,753
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,880
Deat Abby 12-16 3 hr cheluzal 71
Abby 12-18 3 hr RACE 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]