Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
812,561 - 812,580 of 1,080,047 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

AFF wrote:
<quoted text>
You just prove my point. Gay are looking for the government to take from others and give to them. They want the government to be their weapon to force other to pay for something they do not deserve.
No.

We want to avoid paying thousands of dollars to attorneys trying to construct what marriage inherently provides, only to find our wills contested after we die and family members we don't even like stealing from our spouses.

We want the same basic respect (from the law, not from people) when it comes to making our own family arrangements: wills, hospital decisions, health insurance decisions, etc.

We want our freedom of religion. We were married by a Reverend who regularly married heterosexual couples, and those couples are recognized under the law. The government doesn't get to tell our Reverend who can be married.

We want to stop having to explain to people what we are, where we had it done, if it's legal and on what levels and in what states. We're married. It's very simple.

And whether you like it or not, it WILL be addressed under the law - soon.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

AFF wrote:
<quoted text>
Governments the world ove label people mental every day then kill them. Once on the list you will not get off of it.
We do not need the government in this at all. It will only turn in to another Germany, Russia or China .
It shouldn't be too hard to get Wayne LaPierre declared insane.
Taxpayer

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

In 1989 the budget for the federal Department of Education was $22.8 billion. By 2008 it was $68.6 billion. Even adjusting for inflation, federal education spending almost doubled. So more federal money was flowing from Washington into education; much more, of course, was spent by local governments, the traditional funders of schools. If the money had been used well, we might have expected federal spending to actually go down. Public schools need to go. They are a waste of tax money. Let the privet school do what they do best.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
The Second Amendment has turned America into a lawless mess.
No matter how we feel about guns. I own them. But I know they're the reason so many die from guns.
To face the option that our schools must become armed camps to protect our children sends a horrible message to our children. Schools should be a place of learning, fun, socialization. What does it tell them when armed guards are patrolling the building?? Esp. in grades K-4. It tells them that they are not safe from gun violence - anywhere. Think it's gonna stay with them, as the 'duck 'n cover' nuclear drills stayed with the 1950's kids forever??
I fear what the next generation will be like after facing Stalag 17 conditions in order to get an education.
Anyone who says guns are not the reason for gun violence is denying the obvious. It's like saying drowning isn't caused by water.
Adam Lanza, armed with his Samuri Swords, never would have entered the building, much less killed anyone. His mother nurtured the perfect monster, but guns were what set the monster apart.
cant blame the 2nd amendment since it hasn't pertained to the States before 2010 because of the 14th amendment striped it.

Incorporation of the Bill of Rights

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of...

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Why is the Federal government involved in marriage in the first place. Why not let the folks decide? If a state votes to permit gay marriage, that's the way it is. If a state votes not to permit gay marriage, that's the way it is. That does not work for wingnuts like you, you want good ole uncle to make all your decisions for you but only if they coincide with your views. You need a benevolent government to look out for you because you are a simple troll without a thought of your own.
Peace
KMA
No, just like that didn't work for interracial marriage, it doesn't work for gay marriage.

Do you not realize you live in America?

Do you not realize gay people have the same God-given rights as everyone else?

Why should they be subjected to the whims of other people?

Ever hear of the tyranny of the majority stuff? Yeah, that's bad.

Nobody gets to take my rights away because I happen to be gay. Nobody should be voting on my rights - even in the states where we have won recently. Which of your rights are you willing to put up for a public vote?

Some of you don't even understand the great country in which we live and want to turn it into your personal likes and dislikes or your churches. That's not even smart, because it can be just as easily turned around on you.

Use your head. And think like a real American.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

You, of all people,(if ya know what I mean), should know that the benefits far, far outweigh any potential liabilities.

I wasn't quite sure..........

More Nobraina logic at work being foolish.
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait until homosexual married couples find out that in many circumstances their income tax liability will increase by virtue of being married.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Good news for you, Ed. I hear she likes men with a limp!!
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Aunt Lou Annie"
"silly" is easily aroused by successful men. Backs, toes and lower legs of men turn her on.
Peace

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you; also think there should be a ban on assault weapons. No one needs them.
"silly"
You really would like to see restrictions on the 2nd. amendment would you not? You would love to see the right to assemble to sell/trade a legal item, a firearm declared illegal?
You are a truly a supporter of the constitution?
Peace
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Taxpayer wrote:
In 1989 the budget for the federal Department of Education was $22.8 billion. By 2008 it was $68.6 billion. Even adjusting for inflation, federal education spending almost doubled. So more federal money was flowing from Washington into education; much more, of course, was spent by local governments, the traditional funders of schools. If the money had been used well, we might have expected federal spending to actually go down. Public schools need to go. They are a waste of tax money. Let the privet school do what they do best.
funders? privet?

private school?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

That's downright stupid!!

The Public Education System is what allowed America to prosper for over 100 years.

To suggest otherwise indicates your ignorance.

If we had only private schools 100 years ago, the children of the farmers, the laborers, would never have been educated, and you would personally be worse off for it. And so would America.

but that's way over the head of dumb libertarians, whose motive is selfishness, not the common weal, as our forefathers would say.

Today's American is like you, selfish and caring only for the individual..
Taxpayer wrote:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

You seem to enjoy scaring yourself!!

Weird shit happens. In case you hadn't heard.

Are you one of the Biblical nitwits?

In the end, we'll all be dead. And that will be that. Nothing more.
Patriot wrote:
Out of control Nightmare: tremors increasing at massive 13-acre Louisiana sinkhole
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
----
Major Media Deceptions and the Coming New Madrid Earthquake
03/23/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
----
Booms COVER UP! Due to New Madrid WAKING UP! In depth evidence!
01/31/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
You really would like to see restrictions on the 2nd. amendment would you not? You would love to see the right to assemble to sell/trade a legal item, a firearm declared illegal?
You are a truly a supporter of the constitution?
Peace
I would like to see background checks at every sale at a gun show.
I would like a ban on military-style weapons.
I would like a ban limiting magazines to 10 rounds.

Get over it. That doesn't infringe on anybody's constitutional rights any more than restrictions against yelling "fire" in a crowded theater or inciting riots.

If you have a problem with that, you're a mental case, and we'll take your guns away for being a mental case.
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Thought I was in bed in Boca, I'm such a loser??
Do you even imagine my fooling anyone??
<quoted text>
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to enjoy scaring yourself!!

Weird shit happens. In case you hadn't heard.

Are you one of the Biblical nitwits?

In the end, we'll all be dead. And that will be that. Nothing more.
Yet no scientific evidence exists that supports your delusion!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's is what I don't get.
Why does the "tricked out" aspect work to et these people to buy these guns. The mere thought that it works should be grounds for banning them.
"real dumb"
One more time you are honest. You say fuckthe constitution, ban all guns? Do not hold your breath, it ain't gonna happen.
Peace
KMA
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see background checks at every sale at a gun show.
Get over it. That doesn't infringe on anybody's constitutional rights any more than restrictions against yelling "fire" in a crowded theater or inciting riots.
If you have a problem with that, you're a mental case, and we'll take your guns away for being a mental case.
You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones and fertilizer. One will never disarm a deranged liberal..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....
Myths, lies and complete stupidity.. that's liberal...
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to see background checks at every sale at a gun show.

Let's see how your logic looks when applied to this argument,

I would like to see background checks at every same-sex marriage.
I would like a ban on same-sex marriage.
I would like a ban limiting same-sex marriage to 10% acceptance rate.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Dr. Ben Carson on Tuesday accused critics of his stance on gay marriage of trying to completely shut down debate on the issue and called his white liberal critics “the most racist out there.”

In an appearance on the Mark Levin radio show, Carson said he represents an existential threat to gay marriage proponents, which is why attacks on his stance against gay marriage have been so vicious.

“They need to shut me up, they need to get rid of me. They can’t find anything else to delegitimize me, so they take my words, misinterpret them, and try to make it seem that I’m a bigot,” he said.

After Levin asked him about white liberals, Carson, who is black, said,“They’re the most racist people there are because they put you in a little category, a box. How could you dare come off the plantation?”

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ben-carson-l...

Liberals Fear: Black Conservatives, Facts and Truth!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 174,635
How to install windows 8 20 min Its a POS-Dont Bother 2
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 20 min Shari23 5
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 22 min ShootThePompousGovPeeps 3
Abby July 25, 2014 26 min Shari23 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min Shananananana4pali 67,947
City to install more jet noise monitors in Chicago 44 min BetterToTaxnigBulletNoise 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,539
Amy 7-24 4 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 17 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000