Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
812,541 - 812,560 of 1,099,820 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#883086 Apr 2, 2013
That's downright stupid!!

The Public Education System is what allowed America to prosper for over 100 years.

To suggest otherwise indicates your ignorance.

If we had only private schools 100 years ago, the children of the farmers, the laborers, would never have been educated, and you would personally be worse off for it. And so would America.

but that's way over the head of dumb libertarians, whose motive is selfishness, not the common weal, as our forefathers would say.

Today's American is like you, selfish and caring only for the individual..
Taxpayer wrote:
In 1989 the budget for the federal Department of Education was $22.8 billion. By 2008 it was $68.6 billion. Even adjusting for inflation, federal education spending almost doubled. So more federal money was flowing from Washington into education; much more, of course, was spent by local governments, the traditional funders of schools. If the money had been used well, we might have expected federal spending to actually go down. Public schools need to go. They are a waste of tax money. Let the privet school do what they do best.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#883087 Apr 2, 2013
You seem to enjoy scaring yourself!!

Weird shit happens. In case you hadn't heard.

Are you one of the Biblical nitwits?

In the end, we'll all be dead. And that will be that. Nothing more.
Patriot wrote:
Out of control Nightmare: tremors increasing at massive 13-acre Louisiana sinkhole
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...
----
Major Media Deceptions and the Coming New Madrid Earthquake
03/23/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
----
Booms COVER UP! Due to New Madrid WAKING UP! In depth evidence!
01/31/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883088 Apr 2, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
You really would like to see restrictions on the 2nd. amendment would you not? You would love to see the right to assemble to sell/trade a legal item, a firearm declared illegal?
You are a truly a supporter of the constitution?
Peace
I would like to see background checks at every sale at a gun show.
I would like a ban on military-style weapons.
I would like a ban limiting magazines to 10 rounds.

Get over it. That doesn't infringe on anybody's constitutional rights any more than restrictions against yelling "fire" in a crowded theater or inciting riots.

If you have a problem with that, you're a mental case, and we'll take your guns away for being a mental case.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#883089 Apr 2, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Thought I was in bed in Boca, I'm such a loser??
Do you even imagine my fooling anyone??
<quoted text>
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Cottonwood, CA

#883090 Apr 2, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to enjoy scaring yourself!!

Weird shit happens. In case you hadn't heard.

Are you one of the Biblical nitwits?

In the end, we'll all be dead. And that will be that. Nothing more.
Yet no scientific evidence exists that supports your delusion!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883091 Apr 2, 2013
Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#883092 Apr 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's is what I don't get.
Why does the "tricked out" aspect work to et these people to buy these guns. The mere thought that it works should be grounds for banning them.
"real dumb"
One more time you are honest. You say fuckthe constitution, ban all guns? Do not hold your breath, it ain't gonna happen.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#883093 Apr 2, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see background checks at every sale at a gun show.
Get over it. That doesn't infringe on anybody's constitutional rights any more than restrictions against yelling "fire" in a crowded theater or inciting riots.
If you have a problem with that, you're a mental case, and we'll take your guns away for being a mental case.
You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones and fertilizer. One will never disarm a deranged liberal..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#883094 Apr 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
Myths, lies and complete stupidity.. that's liberal...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Cottonwood, CA

#883095 Apr 2, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to see background checks at every sale at a gun show.

Let's see how your logic looks when applied to this argument,

I would like to see background checks at every same-sex marriage.
I would like a ban on same-sex marriage.
I would like a ban limiting same-sex marriage to 10% acceptance rate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#883096 Apr 2, 2013
Dr. Ben Carson on Tuesday accused critics of his stance on gay marriage of trying to completely shut down debate on the issue and called his white liberal critics “the most racist out there.”

In an appearance on the Mark Levin radio show, Carson said he represents an existential threat to gay marriage proponents, which is why attacks on his stance against gay marriage have been so vicious.

“They need to shut me up, they need to get rid of me. They can’t find anything else to delegitimize me, so they take my words, misinterpret them, and try to make it seem that I’m a bigot,” he said.

After Levin asked him about white liberals, Carson, who is black, said,“They’re the most racist people there are because they put you in a little category, a box. How could you dare come off the plantation?”

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ben-carson-l...

Liberals Fear: Black Conservatives, Facts and Truth!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Cottonwood, CA

#883097 Apr 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:

Thanks, but who is making that argument?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883098 Apr 2, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Myths, lies and complete stupidity.. that's liberal...
and that would be the conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia who you're insulting.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883099 Apr 2, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
Dr. Ben Carson on Tuesday accused critics of his stance on gay marriage of trying to completely shut down debate on the issue and called his white liberal critics “the most racist out there.”
In an appearance on the Mark Levin radio show, Carson said he represents an existential threat to gay marriage proponents, which is why attacks on his stance against gay marriage have been so vicious.
“They need to shut me up, they need to get rid of me. They can’t find anything else to delegitimize me, so they take my words, misinterpret them, and try to make it seem that I’m a bigot,” he said.
After Levin asked him about white liberals, Carson, who is black, said,“They’re the most racist people there are because they put you in a little category, a box. How could you dare come off the plantation?”
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ben-carson-l...
Liberals Fear: Black Conservatives, Facts and Truth!!
On March 25, I wrote a controversial post about Dr. Ben Carson (controversial because it wasn’t 100 percent positive) that ended thusly:

“…I fear that conservatives are actually doing Dr. Carson no favors by immediately granting him rock star status. Sure, he’s a brilliant doctor, but politics is different from everything else. No matter how smart you are, it takes time to grow into a political career as a politician or a pundit. And sadly, Dr. Carson has been deprived of that.”

Almost immediately after writing that, Dr. Carson become embroiled in controversy over comments that,“be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality,” the definition of marriage cannot be changed.

He subsequently went on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell (another interesting decision) to clarify his remarks. Additionally, National Review reported that a petition was distributed by Johns Hopkins students to have him removed as a commencement speaker.

Some conservatives will cheer this as evidence that Dr. Carson is speaking truth to power. But he could be a much more effective witness for his conservative beliefs were he to maintain his stature as a respected professional within the medical profession and academic community.

The last thing conservatives need is another red-meat-hurling political pundit. They’re a dime a dozen. We could easily pluck one from a “morning zoo” radio show tomorrow. What conservatism really needs is, I don’t know…a highly-respected African-American pediatric neurosurgeon who could lend credibility and seriousness to the cause.

The problem for Dr. Carson is that he seems to be trading in a highly-respected job to become a mere pundit. What is more, he hasn’t yet developed the ability to communicate his conservative message at a level his stature demands.(To be sure, there would be attacks on Dr. Carson no matter how safe he played it. Liberals will rightly view him as a threat. What I am proposing is that he not make their job any easier for them.)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/02/how-conserv...

yeah, i know...more conservative myths, lies and complete stupidity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#883100 Apr 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and that would be the conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia who you're insulting.
Sonicfiller is responsible for what he says. You are not responsible for what you understand.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883101 Apr 2, 2013
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but who is making that argument?
Scalia. not an argument though. an opinion of the Court. DC v Heller.

more goodies....

We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.”

We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#883102 Apr 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
On March 25, I wrote a controversial post about Dr. Ben Carson (controversial because it wasn’t 100 percent positive) that ended thusly:
“…I fear that conservatives are actually doing Dr. Carson no favors by immediately granting him rock star status. Sure, he’s a brilliant doctor, but politics is different from everything else. No matter how smart you are, it takes time to grow into a political career as a politician or a pundit. And sadly, Dr. Carson has been deprived of that.”
Almost immediately after writing that, Dr. Carson become embroiled in controversy over comments that,“be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality,” the definition of marriage cannot be changed.
He subsequently went on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell (another interesting decision) to clarify his remarks. Additionally, National Review reported that a petition was distributed by Johns Hopkins students to have him removed as a commencement speaker.
Some conservatives will cheer this as evidence that Dr. Carson is speaking truth to power. But he could be a much more effective witness for his conservative beliefs were he to maintain his stature as a respected professional within the medical profession and academic community.
The last thing conservatives need is another red-meat-hurling political pundit. They’re a dime a dozen. We could easily pluck one from a “morning zoo” radio show tomorrow. What conservatism really needs is, I don’t know…a highly-respected African-American pediatric neurosurgeon who could lend credibility and seriousness to the cause.
The problem for Dr. Carson is that he seems to be trading in a highly-respected job to become a mere pundit. What is more, he hasn’t yet developed the ability to communicate his conservative message at a level his stature demands.(To be sure, there would be attacks on Dr. Carson no matter how safe he played it. Liberals will rightly view him as a threat. What I am proposing is that he not make their job any easier for them.)
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/02/how-conserv...
yeah, i know...more conservative myths, lies and complete stupidity.
sonicfiller can't differentiate the difference between communist propaganda, fact, fiction, or opinion. A ventriloquist's dummy..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883103 Apr 2, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Sonicfiller is responsible for what he says. You are not responsible for what you understand.
i understand that literal interpretations of the Constitution hold no water.

seems a lot of 'responsible' conservative folks haven't figured that one out yet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#883104 Apr 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Scalia. not an argument though. an opinion of the Court. DC v Heller.
more goodies....
We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.”
We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.”
Spammer: The act of obnoxiously doing repeated cut-n-paste for attention all day long to disturb others. sonicfiller, a deranged dumbass on a forum, no job, running on complete empty, a moron posting inane crap or delusional spam of no relevance for only their deranged amusement to create inane argument 24/7..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883105 Apr 2, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>sonicfiller can't differentiate the difference between communist propaganda, fact, fiction, or opinion. A ventriloquist's dummy..
so now the Daily Caller is a commie rag?

if you go over there and post that supposition your kin folk will call you a liberal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Grand Birther 177,346
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 37 min _Zoey_ 7,745
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 42 min _Zoey_ 296
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 42 min Unlucky man 1
Word (Dec '08) 43 min _Zoey_ 4,648
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 45 min _Zoey_ 4,663
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••