Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#883232 Apr 3, 2013
Waxman wrote:
It's obvious the libtard's here are extremely jelous of my success. They don't believe I fully intend to crown myself the new King of England. All I have to do is continue buying up any and all available properties no matter what the cost and take over the country incrementally. Why is that so hard to believe? They are in denial because they can't ever conceive of doing such a thing themselves. It's a little thing called being productive. Which, as I'm sure everyone on here can attest to, is my middle name. Look at all the posts and judgits I produce. Bwahaaaaaaaaaaha!
Nuculur Nutcase -

It's obvious you are.

bawaaaahhhhhh!!!!!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#883233 Apr 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the troll from KY taking everyones names. It doesn't matter, we can tell you're the same retard.
hypocrite much lib?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#883234 Apr 3, 2013
Can any Liberal/Democrat tell me what if any of these proposals would have prevented Sandy Hook!!
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#883235 Apr 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshyt, there are no universally qualified mental health experts and the suicide rate among that group is much higher than the nation at large.
After the fact doesn't count, the VA Tech shooter was on two lists and no one gave a sht__the Aurora shooter could have been preempted "if-if and if."
Mental health experts don't solve sht pal__never have!
As proof I offer Nidal Malik Hasan.
So why does medical insurance, Medicare, and Obamacare continue to pay for mental health services?

Are you suggesting we shoot all the psychiatrists?

Sounds like Realtime has some real anger here.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#883236 Apr 3, 2013
Gun owners would have to buy liability insurance or they could face a $10,000 fine, under a new plan proposed by a group of House Democrats.
"For too long, gun victims and society at large have borne the brunt of the costs of gun violence," the bill's sponsor, New York Rep. Carolyn Maloney, said in a written statement. "My bill would change that by shifting some of that cost back onto those who own the weapons."
Supporters of the idea say most states require car owners to have liability insurance to cover damages their vehicles cause to others, so the same should be mandated for owners of firearms. Opponents argue that it adds an expensive burden for gun owners and infringes on Second Amendment rights.
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5401-house-...
"silly"
Why is that group of democrat wasting their time. No damn way is forcing gun owners to have liability insurance ever going to pass. Why do those democrats not get off their dead asses and tackle more important projects, like fixing the economy which is not growing, repealing nobamakare which is a disaster in the making, come to an agreement on a solution to the millions of illegals in the country?
Peace
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883237 Apr 3, 2013
Republicans Respond to Obama's Brain Study Initiative

"Brains are full of communists."
---Sen. Ted Cruz
"A woman told me just yesterday that the brain vaccine causes mental retardation."
---Michele Bachmann

"Studying brains will only lead us down the path to same-brain marriage."
---Tony Perkins
We know where the brains are. They are around the area of the cranium and south, east, west and north somewhat."
---Donald Rumsfeld

"Brains are people, my friends!"
---Mitt Romney

"If it's a legitimate tea party brain, the body has a way to shut that whole thing down."
---Todd Akin

"When they ask me who's the president of Ubrainy Brainy Brainy Brainy Stan Stan is, I'm gonna say,'I don't know. Do you know?'"
---Herman Cain

"I pledge to you that we will have a colony on my brain within eight years."
---Newt Gingrich
http://www.dailykos.com/
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#883238 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the troll from KY taking everyones names. It doesn't matter, we can tell you're the same retard.
lily boca be the same inebriated retard
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#883239 Apr 3, 2013
AFF wrote:
<quoted text>
Governments the world ove label people mental every day then kill them. Once on the list you will not get off of it.
We do not need the government in this at all. It will only turn in to another Germany, Russia or China .
Probably, as will any list of registered gun owners.
Waxman

UK

#883240 Apr 3, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur Nutcase -
It's obvious you are.
bawaaaahhhhhh!!!!!
It's obvious you are just another jelous libtard attacking me because of my success and productivity!

bawaaaahhhhhh!!!!!
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#883241 Apr 3, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Do you really think we're not aware of the "marriage penalty?"
2. Do you really think that matters? Would that stop you from getting married?
Many people would choose to have a contractual agreement instead of traditional marriage if they could start over again.

Have the fancy wedding by the preacher, the big reception, and the honeymoon, but forget about the marriage license. Just be sure not to live in a common law marriage state.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883242 Apr 3, 2013
Famously incompetent war pundit Bill Kristol says that the Republican Party's new attempt to be more reasonable, or as Kristol calls it, "fashionable," is dumb and stuff because young people don't know anything anyway.

“This kind of pathetic attempt to say,‘Oh, my God! Young people especially are liberal so let’s just rush to cater to them,’ as if they’re going to respect you if you just embrace the views of some 26-year-old who doesn’t know anything honestly.”

(He picked Sarah Palin!)
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#883243 Apr 3, 2013
Republicans Respond to Obama's Brain Study Initiative
"Brains are full of communists."
---Sen. Ted Cruz
"A woman told me just yesterday that the brain vaccine causes mental retardation."
---Michele Bachmann
"Studying brains will only lead us down the path to same-brain marriage."
---Tony Perkins
We know where the brains are. They are around the area of the cranium and south, east, west and north somewhat."
---Donald Rumsfeld
"Brains are people, my friends!"
---Mitt Romney
"If it's a legitimate tea party brain, the body has a way to shut that whole thing down."
---Todd Akin
"When they ask me who's the president of Ubrainy Brainy Brainy Brainy Stan Stan is, I'm gonna say,'I don't know. Do you know?'"
---Herman Cain
"I pledge to you that we will have a colony on my brain within eight years."
---Newt Gingrich
http://www.dailykos.com/
for this, ily be usin her drunken brain
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883244 Apr 3, 2013
TSM wrote:
If you’re an African-American and your children are Hungry you need to Thank a Democrat!!
The U.S. Census Bureau determined that 25.1 percent of African-American households and 29.2 percent of households with children are food insecure!! Like Bill Clinton would say ‘ I Feel Your Pain!”
Black Opinions in the Age of Obama: Results of a National Zogby Poll

So, what did the poll, which I have chosen to entitle Black Opinions in the Age of Obama reveal? African Americans have an immense sense of pride in Barack Obama as President of the United States and he is unequivocally liked. He receives a 91% favorable rating. Seventy-two percent believe that President Obama's election has helped them while only 4% believe his election has hurt them.

Consistent with the data that shows that African Americans believe that President Obama's election has helped them, a majority of those polled - 62 percent - are optimistic about employment in the next four years.

Thirty percent (30%) of the respondents say they are doing better off financially than they were four years ago, about half say they are at least doing the same, and twenty-five percent (25%) say that "African Americans in general" are doing better while forty-four percent (44%) say they are doing about the same and twenty-one percent (21%) say they are worse off.

On race relations, tied to this feeling that the Obama presidency has been positive for African Americans fifty-three percent (53%) say that white-African American relations will improve, while only twenty-three (23%) are pessimistic.

When asked why they believed the Black unemployment rate was double that of whites. Responses include:
* Failure of the education system for minorities/African Americans (50%)
* Lack of corporate commitment to hiring minorities/African Americans (48%)
* Lack of good government policies (25%)

http://www.blacknews.com/news/robert_l_johnso...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883245 Apr 3, 2013
nobamaredux wrote:
<quoted text>
So why does medical insurance, Medicare, and Obamacare continue to pay for mental health services?
Are you suggesting we shoot all the psychiatrists?
Sounds like Realtime has some real anger here.
It's an extremely complicated issue. What would you suggest?

The Republicans want to cut medicaid and medicare; but rightwingers like Carol continue to say "Obama must do something about the mentally ill"; ok, what? Lock up everyone who acts a little odd? Who will pay for this wholesale warehousing of people?
We already do this through the criminal justice system; we have more people in prison than any other country.
Psychiatrists prescribe drugs; these drugs often make the person worse; no one knows what to do.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#883246 Apr 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no right to carry any weapon at any time. never has been.
Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues.
Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....
However, laws like the one recently passed in New York may face problems in the Supreme Court because they so extensively restrict the right to bear arms as to effectively cancel the Second Amendment, by making almost all firearms illegal.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#883247 Apr 3, 2013
Famously incompetent war pundit Bill Kristol says that the Republican Party's new attempt to be more reasonable, or as Kristol calls it, "fashionable," is dumb and stuff because young people don't know anything anyway.
“This kind of pathetic attempt to say,‘Oh, my God! Young people especially are liberal so let’s just rush to cater to them,’ as if they’re going to respect you if you just embrace the views of some 26-year-old who doesn’t know anything honestly.”
(He picked Sarah Palin!)
silly ily lily picked Obama...LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883248 Apr 3, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
Why is that group of democrat wasting their time. No damn way is forcing gun owners to have liability insurance ever going to pass. Why do those democrats not get off their dead asses and tackle more important projects, like fixing the economy which is not growing, repealing nobamakare which is a disaster in the making, come to an agreement on a solution to the millions of illegals in the country?
Peace
Tenzing proffered this awhile back, I think it's a great idea. Let the insurance industry control the guns. If Nancy Lanza knew she'd have to insure her weapons, with that kid in the house, her premiums would be through the roof; if she realized that anyone murdered by her guns would cost her entire estate and the insurance companies liability; perhaps 26 people would be alive.
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#883249 Apr 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Then get educated before asking for something to be banned. If clips could fire the rounds you wouldn't need the gun, dummy.
Not to mention that the typical .22 caliber lever action rifle holds 15 or so rounds in the magazine.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#883250 Apr 3, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> for this, ily be usin her drunken brain
This study will only encourage Mexicans to come across the border and give birth to terror brains."
---Rep. Louie Gohmert

"I can see brains from the back of my eyeballs!"
---Sarah Palin
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#883251 Apr 3, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Abolish the Dept. Of Education and kids will benefit immediately. What a waste of money.
More broadly, eliminate all federal programs that take federal tax dollars and return the money to state and local governments, minus an exorbitant commission for federal overhead.

Let the state and local governments collect those taxes directly, if they so choose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a business partner. 5 min real american 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min loose cannon 180,605
quit quoting from bible 10 min hands on AR 1
Who were the biggest White Gangs? (Apr '10) 46 min hands on AR 42
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 55 min hands on AR 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,235
EverGreen Belgrade 2 hr Albonazis 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says