Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
812,301 - 812,320 of 1,080,558 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally, I don't disagree with you.
One Georgia town put a new twist on things. Apparently, they just passed a law requiring citizens to own guns and ammo. The law contains no penalties and has exemptions for felons and the mentally ill and anyone can opt out.
But the new law requires the head of every household to own a gun and ammo to “provide for the emergency management of the city” and “provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants.”
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/02/17...
What if every town in America followed this example? Talk about a major backfire on the Obama agenda.
The law is also meant to pre-empt any future attempt by the federal government to confiscate guns, according to the council’s agenda.

Lamar Kellett, who lives in Nelson and spoke against the law at a hearing Monday, said the town would never pass a speed limit and allow people to flout it. He said the ordinance was pointless.

“People who want a gun, they already have one probably,” he told WXIA, the NBC affiliate in Atlanta.“There’s been no violent crime in Nelson in the past 10 years. So how are you going to improve on no violent crime?”

The measure is modeled after a law adopted in 1982 by Kennesaw, another Atlanta suburb. Police there acknowledge that they haven’t tried to enforce it.

Sounds like a bunch of backward yahoos.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Many Republicans have long hailed the budgetary prowess of Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI). David Stockman, the former director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan, isn't one of them.

Once a leading champion of supply-side economics who took the lead on economic policy in the Reagan White House, Stockman suggested that Ryan is not a serious figure in the fiscal debate.

"He's all hat and no cattle," Stockman told The Atlantic in an interview published online Tuesday. "Beyond that, I think he's intellectually dishonest. His budget plans are bogus."

Stockman said in the interview that he would give Reagan a "somewhat negative" rating "for being so stubborn and insistent" on the build-up of defense. He said that the GOP's memory of the Reagan presidency is too rosy.

"Because Republicans claim that we had this great Golden Age in the 1980s, that there was a boom in the 1990s, and that everything was going well during the George W. Bush era until some mysterious comet came in from deep space and caused a meltdown in 2008," Stockman said. "My argument is that this was mostly a phony prosperity built on massive additions to public and private debt."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What Obama agenda are you referring to?
BTW it's not a new twist Kennesaw Georgia adopted a similar ordinance several years back and saw the rate of burglaries and trespassing drop___seems sensible to me. Whatever, it's an ordinance and a symbolic one at that, most cities and large towns have more important things to deal with, like banning adult entertainment and loud dogs, oh and installing red light cameras.
Yeah, and preventing tham thar queer folks from marryin' thar dogs and stuff. Bunch of yahoos.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Boot: Obama Should Abuse Executive Power and Drag the U.S. and NATO Into Another War

Max Boot is annoyed that the U.S. isn’t meddling even more in Syria:

Suffice it to say, if the president were remotely interested in a more active American role, legal opinions could easily be ginned up to provide ample justification for such a policy [bold mine-DL]. And if the U.S. were serious about doing something, then NATO could very well be brought along [bold mine-DL]. These are not serious obstacles to action—but rather excuses for inaction.

....If Obama isn’t having administration lawyers concoct fabulous lies to justify an unnecessary war, that is welcome news. If he isn’t dragging NATO into a second unnecessary war in three years, that is something that sane Americans, Europeans, and Canadians should welcome. That Boot considers them to be reasons to complain tells us all that we need to know about the value of his policy recommendations.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Lou Annie wrote:
Sorry folks. Just can't seem to remember to change my email address and register. I will this afternoon. Without fail.
without fail?

keep living the dream.
Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rewrite HIPPA and unwind thousands of state laws that protect medical records and patient privacy. How about the Baker Act a useful tool for law enforcement and those who feel themselves slipping over the edge.
Yeah right doll the unintended consequences could be enormous eh?
Institutionalizing someone under the Baker Act isn't as easy as you might think.

Changing the law to simply detain someone for a short period of time with sufficient reason and enough people agreeing the red flags are there just long enough for mental health professionals to determine if they are a threat to society and themselves would not require any changes in HIPAA or the current privacy laws.
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

waxywaxturd wrote:
I am going to inspect a $3M home we are buying here in Essex and wanted to know if the Obamabot wants me to post some photos to tinyurl.
I think Nuculur option went postal two nights ago. The mental illness is so pronounced in you Obamatrons.
sonicfilter cannot contain her jelousy. I'd love her to see the pics.
Please my friends, play along with me. I am using a fake "ip address" as I have access to hundreds, and hidden location is where I like to pretend I travel to. So back off boys!!!! You, here on topix, are my only friends, please don't ruin this for me. It's all I've got left.
If I want to pretend I am on a trip to England what's the harm? Why do I have to explain myself???? My entire life is spent in a fantasy world and I don't think it shows much compassion when you attempt to humiliate me on this particular delusion!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Lou Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
He paints mostly dogs and landscapes. He's actually talented as a painter.
Here are the two drawings you asked about. Scroll down, but the painting he was working on at the top is very good too.
http://hyperallergic.com/64837/do-bushs-paint...
Bush in the Tub and Bush Showering!!! Oh my effing word, yes I have seen them before and they're hilarious.
Perhaps they can mass produce them onto those velveteen carpets that you can hang on the wall that you see in trailers and stuff?
Usually sold on the side of the road out of a pickup truck.

Fine art, Texas style!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

How Ben Carson Got Burned By The Fox News Flame

When political novices fly too close to the Fox News flame, they risk getting burned. Just ask Dr. Ben Carson.

After profiting from a Fox News public relations blitz for much of the past two months, during which he logged at least twenty appearances on the network, the famous neurosurgeon, who has been toasted inside right-wing circles as a possible GOP savior, has suddenly been forced to defend his "trainwreck" interview where he likened marriage equality supporters to people advocating pedophilia and bestiality.

And just like that, Carson has gone from being Fox News' surefire rising star to a target of a widespread backlash. And just like that he's learned the Fox News embrace carries with it grave consequences and that hard-earned reputations can be tarnished in an instant.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/02/how-b...
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

waxywaxturd wrote:
ATTENTION ALL!!!!!!!!!!
Just a moment to clear the air!!!!!!
As many of my topix friends are aware I have an endless supply of fake ip addresses and topix id's which I use every day of my life that I spend on topix. It helps to pass the time here on the psych ward in my embarrassing hidden location where I am permanently confined.
It keeps me busy and I feel I am doing something worthwhile with all my spare time. My psychiatrists think it is good therapy and basically harmless.
If I want to pretend I am on a trip to my embarrassing hidden location what's the harm? Why do I have to explain myself???? My entire life is spent in a fantasy world and I don't think it shows much compassion when you attempt to humiliate me on this particular delusion.
Please my friends, play along with me. I am using a fake "ip address" as I have access to hundreds, and Washington,DC is where I like to pretend I travel to. So back off boys!!!! You, here on topix, are my only friends, please don't ruin this for me. It's all I've got left.
Slightly irritated, Not Surprized!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
BibleOnVideo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

NEARING RAPTURE ---- Who GOES?....STAYS?

http://youtu.be/LVvXgkOK-84

Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The law is also meant to pre-empt any future attempt by the federal government to confiscate guns, according to the council’s agenda.
Hallelujah! It's about time someone started fighting back and took a concrete stand against this overbearing and overly intrusive administration.

The Obama administration is precisely the reason our founders included the 2nd Amendment.

States rights are still alive! Praise be!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Maybe it shouldn’t surprise us that the man who brought us a vision of compassionate conservatism would turn to art to express the angst of a crappy Presidency that got us into two wars, used homophobia, racism, and sexism as an electoral tool, crashed our economy, and made the world hate America. This is a man who is obviously feeling his mortality. He sits in the bathtub alone. Nothing to contemplate. Nothing to see beyond reflections of himself and his body. There is almost a melancholy in these images, with their grays, and he is not presented a strong, heroic person, quite the opposite. This is not the George W. Bush of Fox News or Sunday morning talk shows. This is Bush, the old man, with lots of time on his hands. Once the most powerful man in the world, Bush is now alone, exploring his immediate surroundings in these spurts of introspection. If only he had done this all along, maybe he would’ve been a better leader.

http://hyperallergic.com/64837/do-bushs-paint...
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

waxywaxturd wrote:
Just a moment to clear the air!!!!!!
As many of my topix friends are aware I have an endless supply of fake ip addresses and topix id's which I use every day of my life that I spend on topix. It helps to pass the time here on the psych ward in Ct. where I am permanently confined.
It keeps me busy and I feel I am doing something worthwhile with all my spare time. My psychiatrists think it is good therapy and basically harmless.
If I want to pretend I am on a trip to Boca Raton what's the harm? Why do I have to explain myself???? My entire life is spent in a fantasy world and I don't think it shows much compassion when you attempt to humiliate me on this particular delusion.
Please my friends, play along with me. I am using a fake "ip address" as I have access to hundreds, and England is where I like to pretend I travel to. So back off boys!!!! You, here on topix, are my only friends, please don't ruin this for me. It's all I've got left.
Slightly irritated, Not Surprized!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
without fail?
keep living the dream.
I know. It's taken too long for me to do this once and for all. My bad.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
How Ben Carson Got Burned By The Fox News Flame
When political novices fly too close to the Fox News flame, they risk getting burned. Just ask Dr. Ben Carson.
After profiting from a Fox News public relations blitz for much of the past two months, during which he logged at least twenty appearances on the network, the famous neurosurgeon, who has been toasted inside right-wing circles as a possible GOP savior, has suddenly been forced to defend his "trainwreck" interview where he likened marriage equality supporters to people advocating pedophilia and bestiality.
And just like that, Carson has gone from being Fox News' surefire rising star to a target of a widespread backlash. And just like that he's learned the Fox News embrace carries with it grave consequences and that hard-earned reputations can be tarnished in an instant.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/02/how-b...
LOL
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rewrite HIPPA and unwind thousands of state laws that protect medical records and patient privacy. How about the Baker Act a useful tool for law enforcement and those who feel themselves slipping over the edge.
Yeah right doll the unintended consequences could be enormous eh?
HIPAA ipo HIPAA__damned phonics
Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What Obama agenda are you referring to?
BTW it's not a new twist Kennesaw Georgia adopted a similar ordinance several years back and saw the rate of burglaries and trespassing drop___seems sensible to me. Whatever, it's an ordinance and a symbolic one at that, most cities and large towns have more important things to deal with, like banning adult entertainment and loud dogs, oh and installing red light cameras.
Don't you just hate those red lights on cameras? Especially at major intersections?

Then again, I'm a safe driver. But everyone is guilty of rolling through a red light from time to time if the coast is clear. Those cameras don't let you get away with anything.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Aunt Lou Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Institutionalizing someone under the Baker Act isn't as easy as you might think.
Changing the law to simply detain someone for a short period of time with sufficient reason and enough people agreeing the red flags are there just long enough for mental health professionals to determine if they are a threat to society and themselves would not require any changes in HIPAA or the current privacy laws.
A person can sign himself out at any time. It's useless. If the person refuses mental health care there's nothing anyone can do about it.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

DEMOCRATS ASLEEP ON THE JOB SMDH It helps to have a sense of humour if you're an African-American here in the Mississippi Delta, an area famous for its pockets of grinding poverty and racial discrimination that some say has barely dissipated in 50 years.

How else could you respond to the news, for example, that Mississippi ratified the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution abolishing slavery only in February?2013

As with everything involving race in these parts, there is more to the slavery amendment saga than meets the eye. The Mississippi legislature voted to ratify the amendment in 1995, but somebody forgot to finish the paperwork.(Never mind that it dates back to Abraham Lincoln.) It applies equally to the not-so-small legal brouhaha surrounding this school and its sister institution 2km to the West, Cleveland High. Cleveland High is racially integrated while East Side High is, well, not.

BLACK misLEADERSHIP KEEP YOUR EYES ON OBAMA NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,680
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 min Nana4pali 67,989
Amy 7-26 30 min edogxxx 4
Abby 7-26 1 hr PEllen 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Joe Rock Extreme Auto 48,920
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Joe Rock Extreme Auto 3,831
When there is no more water and you can't affor... 4 hr Drought 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 97,541
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE