Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#882997 Apr 2, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely our vows include being faithful. Period, no exceptions.
No divorce, either. We're both pretty old-fashioned.
So because you know one couple with a revolving door, naturally you assume ALL or even MOST gay couples do the same thing?
I know straight couples who do that.
Worse, I know many more straight couples who have cheated. They get married, cheat, get back together, cheat again, get divorced, whore around for awhile, get married again, cheat again. That's somehow better?
I don't understand anyone cheating. But I don't stop straight people from getting married because half of them are whores who can't control themselves and put having sex above their kids.
"The gays" are not *trying* to destroy anything, and that was a bizarre choice of words on your part. Like I said - real live gay person here - ask me questions (respectfully) and I'll be happy to tell you the truth, rather than the nonsense you've been told.
I lost a few good friends to AIDS. Most gay people do not and will never have AIDS. Those who do can now live a relatively normal life with the medications they have. One of my good friends has been HIV positive for over 20 years. He is married and raising an adopted child who was given up by an irresponsible teenage heterosexual mother the day she was born.
More to the point, I and my husband will never get AIDS - specifically BECAUSE we are married and faithful. So if you are really concerned about AIDS (which I doubt) then the only logical thing to do is to encourage gay marriage, which naturally promotes monogamy as much as any other marriage.
Otherwise you're just a prejudiced hypocrite.
But I personally don't mind if you never accept it. The law is all that matters.
I'm sorry but sounding extraordinarily reasonable won't cut it here, buster, this is an American thread and we're, largely, Christians in here! So, where were you on Easter, eh? Don't say it! I DON'T want to know!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#882998 Apr 2, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois on Tuesday became the second Republican senator to voice support for same-sex marriage.
Kirk, who suffered a severe stroke last year and returned to the chamber in January, said "government has no place in the middle" of two people in love, regardless of gender.
"When I climbed the Capitol steps in January, I promised myself that I would return to the Senate with an open mind and greater respect for others," Kirk said in a statement. "Same-sex couples should have the right to civil marriage. Our time on this earth is limited, I know that better than most. Life comes down to who you love and who loves you back—government has no place in the middle."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mark-kirk-...
Another one.
Republican voter drive?
That's two. The dominoes are falling.

80% of people under age 30 are for same sex marriage.

Resistance is futile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882999 Apr 2, 2013
I am eerily curious though... um.. is it always.. the same one of you who, um, "takes the lead," so to speak or is it like our house where hubby and I split the, um, housework? I'm only asking because I'm curious mind you and frankly there's no one else I can ask... I'm never sure, you know... just a nagging suspicioun...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#883000 Apr 2, 2013
suspicion

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#883001 Apr 2, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Most of them are suckers being led around by the nose. They don't even know these were Republican ideas because they never paid attention. They just know the black guy got elected and they don't like him "for some reason."
Hahahahah, I don't know why but this just struck me as funny? Carry on!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#883002 Apr 2, 2013
I have to admit, "Tony" or whatever your name is, I feel.. "odd" about using certain words and phrases around, um, one of you people. I was going to say "I'm going outside now and plant a few bulbs," but now I can't bring myself to say it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#883004 Apr 2, 2013
Waxman wrote:
I respect & love Dr. Ben Carson.
you should....

Carson placed his exodus from the Democratic camp “toward the end of [Ronald] Reagan’s second term,” but conceded that he “thought there were some very good things about [Bill] Clinton.”

“He had the ability to be flexible,” Carson said.

Carson declined to say if he voted for Clinton.

“I don’t want to say whether I voted for him or not,” he said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/19/ben-carsons...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#883005 Apr 2, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Nuculur Nutcase, we purchased the estate over a month ago, actually. You own a car from the 50's?
Wow Nuc, you sure are an old goober. By the way, your proxy only shows UK so it is obviously a proxy instead of the Brentwood ISP which is BT.
I'm sorry you are frustrated with your lot in life Nuc, but we all must sleep in the beds we make.
You blame others instead of accepting responsibility.
Have you ever been to England?
I have, several times. When I was 12 My Uncle Bill and I stowed away on a tramp steamer headed for Liverpool. He managed to lose me to the purser in a drunken poker game and that pretty much meant I was back and forth to England every few months for the next twelve years. I didn't see much of it though, but it smelled lovely.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883007 Apr 2, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but sounding extraordinarily reasonable won't cut it here, buster, this is an American thread and we're, largely, Christians in here! So, where were you on Easter, eh? Don't say it! I DON'T want to know!
LOL!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#883008 Apr 2, 2013
I just counted on my fingers and toes and I think I've been to England about 35 times.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#883009 Apr 2, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
To my dearest topix friends and fans!!!
I would like to take a much needed breather (whew) from the frantic frenzy of judging your posts to make a serious and heartfelt post.
Most of you know me as "Waxman" ((Waxturds,the chubby teabagger/chubby chaser from Connecticut)), but I'm so much more than that. I'm caring, I'm giving, I'm sensual. Its just that as I get older and fatter, things have slowed down quite a bit for me. A couple of years ago you'd have never caught me posting for 12 straight hours because the phone would ring 5-6 times a night (and it'd be a different dude every time!!!). Now, I'm lucky if the janitor knocks on my door for a quickie after cleaning the community toilets. I guess what I'm REALLY saying is..... I need friends (lovers too!!). I'll do literally anything to earn your trust, and you can mop up the floor with me six ways from Sunday.
Please...leave your phone numbers and,,,
Just love me unconditionaly....
Warm hugs!!! Waxman
On with the judgit tourney!!!!!!!!!!
Please show my sockpuppets some love too!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs Waxman!
Gee Nucular nutcase. For someone that whines about sockpuppets, you sure do use a lot of them.

Sleep tight little person.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#883010 Apr 2, 2013
You know what? Waiting for things to ever change in the world is EXHAUSTING!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883011 Apr 2, 2013
carol wrote:
I am eerily curious though... um.. is it always.. the same one of you who, um, "takes the lead," so to speak or is it like our house where hubby and I split the, um, housework? I'm only asking because I'm curious mind you and frankly there's no one else I can ask... I'm never sure, you know... just a nagging suspicioun...
In my experience, I find it's best when one person isn't stuck in one role. I find people who are generally more well-rounded in all aspects of life tend to be versatile.

Now when it comes down to the real housework, I think we both kind of gravitated towards what our chores were growing up as kids - I more often take out the trash, mow the lawn, and keep up after the dog. He more often cooks and fixes the cars LOL.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#883012 Apr 2, 2013
carol wrote:
I have to admit, "Tony" or whatever your name is, I feel.. "odd" about using certain words and phrases around, um, one of you people. I was going to say "I'm going outside now and plant a few bulbs," but now I can't bring myself to say it!
LOL you are cracking me up!

btw yes, Tony is my real name. Just don't call me that around my mother. She'll correct you.("It's Anthony!")

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#883013 Apr 2, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Hello rightwings dummies and normal people.
Afternoon, fatso.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#883014 Apr 2, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess W can add failed painter to his resume which includes failed national guardsman, failed oilman, failed baseball team owner, failed president, so far the only thing he has succeeded at is being a spoiled rich kid.
You can add failed dieter to your paltry resume, right after hypocrite. Tubby.
carol

Orlando, FL

#883015 Apr 2, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
In my experience, I find it's best when one person isn't stuck in one role. I find people who are generally more well-rounded in all aspects of life tend to be versatile.
Now when it comes down to the real housework, I think we both kind of gravitated towards what our chores were growing up as kids - I more often take out the trash, mow the lawn, and keep up after the dog. He more often cooks and fixes the cars LOL.
He fixes the car??? OmiGAWD! Where did you find him.. or her... whatever... he washes his hands though when he comes in from the garage, right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

Philadelphia, PA

#883016 Apr 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Mental health professionals??? Hah__ROFLMAO!
Try thinking it through, include high school age kids and forward, consider rehab stays in one of the plethora of for profit centers such as Lakeside and consider that in many cases police officers will be making the initial observations.
Also consider that once a persons name is placed on a list__it lasts forever and in Florida is very often made public where future employers, organizations, bankers, neighbors etc can find it with ease.
The Virginia Tech and Aurora killers were both being treated by mental health professionals who were aware of their tendencies toward violence, but either could not or would not take any action.

People can lose their guns when their estranged wife gets a restraining order, but not if they are certifiably looneytunes.

Stop diverting to irrelevancies.

Names should be removed from such lists when qualified professionals certify that the person no longer poses a danger.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#883017 Apr 2, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon, fatso.
Rut roe...the "harmonious" Denver Troll has returned for the night shift. That's always an indication that the dialogue is heading south.(i.e., insults on weight, age, lifestyle, appearance abound...well, actually they don't really bound, they mostly fall flat, but you get the idea.)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#883018 Apr 2, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you are cracking me up!
btw yes, Tony is my real name. Just don't call me that around my mother. She'll correct you.("It's Anthony!")
Its mutual, Tony, and ixnay on the Momsay. If I have to listen to any more idiotic shit about dead babies using guns I swear I'll just SCREAMMMMMM!!! On the other hand I'm sufficiently selfless to not with this idiotic tea-party claptrap on anyone but I also have a deep need for intelligent conversation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drones and the ISIS wunnerful folks. 11 min Fookin_STARNazisD... 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Rogue Scholar 05 184,932
Best U-Tube of the year. 18 min Choices 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min The Fact Is 51,483
Chicago's black voters key as Garcia battles to... 1 hr okimar 6
Ask Amy 2-28-15 3 hr Blunt Advice 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Mother Superior 51,356
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:12 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:12AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future
Bleacher Report 8:57 PM
Bears' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency