Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882775 Apr 2, 2013
Of course investing in property in the south of France is a losing proposition, those snooty French, who needs 'em? Say, I've got a swimming pool in Prague for sale... interested?
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882776 Apr 2, 2013
DEATH wrote:
You even creep me out, betsy. It's getting to where I don't want to touch you fatties with a pair of tongs. For instance, I was thinking of taking carol the other day, and when she took off her housecoat, I noticed a dried streak of fecal matter running up from her panties to the middle of her back. I mean, all I ask is that fat people clean themselves up, even minimally, for me. What, you think DEATH enjoys dealing with your stinking sacs of rotting organs. This is why I like the story of the jet-propelled guy so much. But I can't make 'em do stuff like that. Only Debil can do that. I'm the cleanup man, and I gotta tell ya, this is getting tiresome. Once, I asked Debil if we could switch off for a week, and he roared "NO!" so loud, even I jumped. Almost ruined our collaboration. Won't make that mistake again ...
You keep proving my point. The laws need to be changed concerning mental illness.

I just hope all of us on this forum don't have to be the ones to say, "Yes, we knew there were red flags..."

You should know though that I'd care enough to get you the help you need if the laws ever do change. Probably most of us would.
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882777 Apr 2, 2013
STOP STALKING ME, YOU WITCH!
Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

#882778 Apr 2, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
For out-of-towners seeking “four-star’’ accommodations here, there’s The Waldorf, The Pierre, The Plaza — and the city’s homeless shelters.
“People pay $3,000 for an apartment here, and I get to live here for free!” said Michal Jablonowski, 25, who moved back to the city from his native Poland three years ago and is now staying in a Bowery shelter.
“I have food. I have health care. It’s great,’’ Jablonowski said.“Here, the city supports you. The city helps you with everything.’’
City shelters boasting generous resources have increasingly become havens for out-of-towners, statistics show.
continued
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/thank_you_...
free everything, courtesy of NYC taxpayers. another unintended consequence of a bad, liberal ildea.
In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/entitlement-...

All of us working our tails off for less than $60,000 a year should get in line too, shouldn't we?
Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

#882779 Apr 2, 2013
Georgia town passes law requiring citizens to own guns and ammo.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/02/17...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#882780 Apr 2, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally, I don't disagree with you.
One Georgia town put a new twist on things. Apparently, they just passed a law requiring citizens to own guns and ammo. The law contains no penalties and has exemptions for felons and the mentally ill and anyone can opt out.
But the new law requires the head of every household to own a gun and ammo to “provide for the emergency management of the city” and “provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants.”
What if every town in America followed this example? Talk about a major backfire on the Obama agenda.
What Obama agenda are you referring to?

BTW it's not a new twist Kennesaw Georgia adopted a similar ordinance several years back and saw the rate of burglaries and trespassing drop___seems sensible to me. Whatever, it's an ordinance and a symbolic one at that, most cities and large towns have more important things to deal with, like banning adult entertainment and loud dogs, oh and installing red light cameras.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882781 Apr 2, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No, one stipulation of qualification just sayz democrats that can't add well enough to tell the difference the Reagan (one of Carols known liked prezidinks) and blaming everything before, after, and during, on a Bush-anee Bush... In effort to try and cull the herds seen at the democratic convention, hollering yea/nay fwee times and calling it two terds, to keep from jamming the qualifying line up.
Place X in qualifier box with red phat crayon and advance to the next qualifier questeeyown lol.
red?
Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

#882782 Apr 2, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks ride like the wind
With the whispering pines to guide them
And the burning light inside them
Keeps them warm in the snow
Others fear the sounds they hear
Make bandito’s out of mole-hills
Fill their hearts with porcupine quills
They’re dead and buried long before they go
Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand
His immortal soul my lay forever in the sand
The angels wouldn’t take him up to heaven like he planned
‘Cause they couldn’t pry that gun from his cold dead hand
It takes a cold dead hand to decide to pull the trigger
It takes a cold dead heart and as near as I can figure
With your cold dead aim you’re trying to prove your dick is bigger
But we know your chariot may not be swinging low
Cold dead hand – cold dead hand
You’re a big big man with an little bitty gland
So you need something bigger just to fill
Your cold dead hand
Imagine if the lord were here
And he knew what you’ve been thinking
Would his sacred heart be sinking
Into the canyon of dismay
And on the ones who sell the guns
He’d signal vultures and coyotes
Only the devil’s true devotees
Could profiteer from pain and fear
Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand
His immortal soul my lay forever in the sand
The angels wouldn’t take him up to heaven like he planned
Cause they couldn’t pry that gun from his cold dead hand
It takes a cold dead hand to decide to pull the trigger
It takes a cold dead heart and as near as I can figure
With your cold dead aim you’re trying to prove your junk is bigger
But we know your chariot may not be swinging low
You’re a big big man with an little bitty gland
So you need something bigger with a hair-pin trigger
You don’t want to get caught with your trousers down
When the psycho killer comes around
So you make your home like a thunderdome
And you’re always packing everywhere you roam
But the psycho’s win no matter what you do
Cause they’re gonna buy way more guns than you
And while you’re stumbling out of bed
They put five rounds in the back of your head
Or you get depressed ‘cause the money runs out
Then you put your own shotgun in your mouth
And your kids walk in and they find you there
Like a headless stump in your underwear
And they move the gun and it kills them too
And your wife just doesn’t know what to do
But she takes a hand grenade from her shoe
And she pulls the pin
And it’s all on you
And your cold dead hand
Maybe if Jim Carey took away the guns from his armed security...

...but the hypocrisy as well as the beat goes on.

It's quite astounding.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#882783 Apr 2, 2013
casey forrest wrote:
Forever blaming whites. Accept responsibility for yoursef and quit blaming whites. Its getting really old!!!
It's the same with every issue the Democrats thrive on, from global warming to the economy. It's as if they were off playing golf, screwing hookers, or launching rim-shots while the Republicans were busy conspiring the ruination of the universe - all without their slightest awareness or involvement. This absurdity wouldn't 'normally' raise an eyebrow, but when one considers the make-up of their constituency......
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#882785 Apr 2, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep proving my point. The laws need to be changed concerning mental illness.
I just hope all of us on this forum don't have to be the ones to say, "Yes, we knew there were red flags..."
You should know though that I'd care enough to get you the help you need if the laws ever do change. Probably most of us would.
Rewrite HIPPA and unwind thousands of state laws that protect medical records and patient privacy. How about the Baker Act a useful tool for law enforcement and those who feel themselves slipping over the edge.

Yeah right doll the unintended consequences could be enormous eh?
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#882786 Apr 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Wealthy recruitment consultant shoots dead both his neighbors on either side of his house 'in row over trees in his backyard' then turns gun on himself
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23026...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
3 people dead for nothing, three families destroyed forever.
Would have been nice if you lived next door to him also we would have more space on topix.MELTED
Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

#882787 Apr 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the dog Barney wasn't bad. Perhaps he should stick to painting dogs with a "vengeance"!!
Was he wearing clothes in the bathtub and shower? I think that those paintings are very revealing about his psyche.
Do you think it may be guilt about waterboarding? or some sort of autoerotic self torture while watching himself in the mirror?
He paints mostly dogs and landscapes. He's actually talented as a painter.

Here are the two drawings you asked about. Scroll down, but the painting he was working on at the top is very good too.

http://hyperallergic.com/64837/do-bushs-paint...
Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

#882788 Apr 2, 2013
Sorry folks. Just can't seem to remember to change my email address and register. I will this afternoon. Without fail.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882789 Apr 2, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally, I don't disagree with you.
One Georgia town put a new twist on things. Apparently, they just passed a law requiring citizens to own guns and ammo. The law contains no penalties and has exemptions for felons and the mentally ill and anyone can opt out.
But the new law requires the head of every household to own a gun and ammo to “provide for the emergency management of the city” and “provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants.”
What if every town in America followed this example? Talk about a major backfire on the Obama agenda.
The law is also meant to pre-empt any future attempt by the federal government to confiscate guns, according to the council’s agenda.

Lamar Kellett, who lives in Nelson and spoke against the law at a hearing Monday, said the town would never pass a speed limit and allow people to flout it. He said the ordinance was pointless.

“People who want a gun, they already have one probably,” he told WXIA, the NBC affiliate in Atlanta.“There’s been no violent crime in Nelson in the past 10 years. So how are you going to improve on no violent crime?”

The measure is modeled after a law adopted in 1982 by Kennesaw, another Atlanta suburb. Police there acknowledge that they haven’t tried to enforce it.

Sounds like a bunch of backward yahoos.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882790 Apr 2, 2013
Many Republicans have long hailed the budgetary prowess of Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI). David Stockman, the former director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan, isn't one of them.

Once a leading champion of supply-side economics who took the lead on economic policy in the Reagan White House, Stockman suggested that Ryan is not a serious figure in the fiscal debate.

"He's all hat and no cattle," Stockman told The Atlantic in an interview published online Tuesday. "Beyond that, I think he's intellectually dishonest. His budget plans are bogus."

Stockman said in the interview that he would give Reagan a "somewhat negative" rating "for being so stubborn and insistent" on the build-up of defense. He said that the GOP's memory of the Reagan presidency is too rosy.

"Because Republicans claim that we had this great Golden Age in the 1980s, that there was a boom in the 1990s, and that everything was going well during the George W. Bush era until some mysterious comet came in from deep space and caused a meltdown in 2008," Stockman said. "My argument is that this was mostly a phony prosperity built on massive additions to public and private debt."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882791 Apr 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What Obama agenda are you referring to?
BTW it's not a new twist Kennesaw Georgia adopted a similar ordinance several years back and saw the rate of burglaries and trespassing drop___seems sensible to me. Whatever, it's an ordinance and a symbolic one at that, most cities and large towns have more important things to deal with, like banning adult entertainment and loud dogs, oh and installing red light cameras.
Yeah, and preventing tham thar queer folks from marryin' thar dogs and stuff. Bunch of yahoos.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882792 Apr 2, 2013
Boot: Obama Should Abuse Executive Power and Drag the U.S. and NATO Into Another War

Max Boot is annoyed that the U.S. isn’t meddling even more in Syria:

Suffice it to say, if the president were remotely interested in a more active American role, legal opinions could easily be ginned up to provide ample justification for such a policy [bold mine-DL]. And if the U.S. were serious about doing something, then NATO could very well be brought along [bold mine-DL]. These are not serious obstacles to action—but rather excuses for inaction.

....If Obama isn’t having administration lawyers concoct fabulous lies to justify an unnecessary war, that is welcome news. If he isn’t dragging NATO into a second unnecessary war in three years, that is something that sane Americans, Europeans, and Canadians should welcome. That Boot considers them to be reasons to complain tells us all that we need to know about the value of his policy recommendations.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882793 Apr 2, 2013
Aunt Lou Annie wrote:
Sorry folks. Just can't seem to remember to change my email address and register. I will this afternoon. Without fail.
without fail?

keep living the dream.
Aunt Lou Annie

Orlando, FL

#882794 Apr 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rewrite HIPPA and unwind thousands of state laws that protect medical records and patient privacy. How about the Baker Act a useful tool for law enforcement and those who feel themselves slipping over the edge.
Yeah right doll the unintended consequences could be enormous eh?
Institutionalizing someone under the Baker Act isn't as easy as you might think.

Changing the law to simply detain someone for a short period of time with sufficient reason and enough people agreeing the red flags are there just long enough for mental health professionals to determine if they are a threat to society and themselves would not require any changes in HIPAA or the current privacy laws.
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#882795 Apr 2, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
I am going to inspect a $3M home we are buying here in Essex and wanted to know if the Obamabot wants me to post some photos to tinyurl.
I think Nuculur option went postal two nights ago. The mental illness is so pronounced in you Obamatrons.
sonicfilter cannot contain her jelousy. I'd love her to see the pics.
Please my friends, play along with me. I am using a fake "ip address" as I have access to hundreds, and hidden location is where I like to pretend I travel to. So back off boys!!!! You, here on topix, are my only friends, please don't ruin this for me. It's all I've got left.
If I want to pretend I am on a trip to England what's the harm? Why do I have to explain myself???? My entire life is spent in a fantasy world and I don't think it shows much compassion when you attempt to humiliate me on this particular delusion!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
only sex 15 min amitjulee 1
Amy 10-19 16 min Kuuipo 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min casting director 98,492
BoyshineLiesIn SpeechAtNW 33 min LipsMoveBhoLies 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 42 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,957
Mike Brown Deserved What He Got 44 min Read NO_3 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Earthling-1 47,475
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 179,241
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]