Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Jane Says

New York, NY

#882700 Apr 2, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
The liberal politically correct mindset prevents accountability, stopping huge waste of taxpayer $$s and common sense:
Mike: Free rooms are shelter-skelter
April 2, 2013
A frustrated Mayor Bloomberg yesterday blasted a policy that allows nonresidents and even foreigners to get costly beds in city homeless shelters with no questions asked.
“When I pointed it out, some said that was ludicrous,” said Bloomberg, referring to his recent statement that a person could fly a private jet into Kennedy, take a limo to the city and get a free bed.
“What is truly ludicrous is a system that allows people from across the country and the world to take advantage like this,” the mayor said in response to a report in The Post that even foreigners were living large in city shelters.
“Until we are able to ask basic, common-sense screening questions, taxpayer dollars will continue to be diverted from those who truly need it,” he said.
About 25 percent of the roughly 48,500 people living in city shelters are not city residents — including a Polish freeloader, Michal Jablonowski, who gushed about free food, phone and medical care he gets at a shelter on The Bowery.
Homeless Services Commissioner Seth Diamond agreed the rules are too lax — but said his hands are tied by a 3-decade-old consent decree that forces the city to provide shelter space to anyone who asks.
The decree settled the lawsuit Callahan v. Carey, in which advocates sued on behalf of Lower East Side vagrant Robert Callahan and other homeless people.
“People were not thinking of all of the ramifications at the time [the decree was signed],” Diamond said.“This was written in an era before litigation of these types of issues became common. It was a new world.”
ABOUT 18 MONTHS AGO, THE CITY ISSUED A NEW RULE THAT WOULD LET IT TURN SINGLE PEOPLE AWAY FROM SHELTERS IF THEY COULD BUNK WITH A FRIEND OR RELATIVE.
BUT LEGAL AID SUED AND A LOWER COURT BLOCKED THE NEW RULE, WHICH WOULD HAVE ALLOWED THE CITY TO SAVE SOME OF THE $3,000 A MONTH IT COSTS TO HOUSE AND FEED EACH ADULT. The city is appealing the ruling.
“We believe there are reasonable things the city can do to provide a system of shelters for those whose who need it in a way that’s responsible to taxpayers without burdening them with people who have alternatives,” Diamond said.
Republican mayoral candidate Joe Lhota called the consent decree a menace to New York taxpayers.
“I do think the court case needs to be challenged. I think the court case should allow the city to have rules and regulations that prevent the types of fraud and abuse that were described in the New York Post,” Lhota said.
Even some shelter residents said the city should pull in the welcome mat for nonresidents.
“I don’t think it’s fair. People from the city should have the first crack at it,” said Sharif Smith, 35, who is staying in the same shelter as Jablonowski.
Bloomberg: Change rules for city shelters - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/...
where are the democrats who are opposed to this?
ahhh, the libots can only post a negative icon, no comment as usual. LOL.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jim

Germany

#882701 Apr 2, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true ignoramus. First of all, moron, guns do not "cause" them. MENTAL CONDITIONS DO! Additionally, if you banned all guns, people would simply find other ways so you are really just full of shit, as usual.
You're an idiot!
Some folks ride like the wind
With the whispering pines to guide them
And the burning light inside them
Keeps them warm in the snow

Others fear the sounds they hear
Make bandito’s out of mole-hills
Fill their hearts with porcupine quills
They’re dead and buried long before they go

Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand
His immortal soul my lay forever in the sand
The angels wouldn’t take him up to heaven like he planned
‘Cause they couldn’t pry that gun from his cold dead hand

It takes a cold dead hand to decide to pull the trigger
It takes a cold dead heart and as near as I can figure
With your cold dead aim you’re trying to prove your dick is bigger
But we know your chariot may not be swinging low

Cold dead hand – cold dead hand

You’re a big big man with an little bitty gland
So you need something bigger just to fill
Your cold dead hand

Imagine if the lord were here
And he knew what you’ve been thinking
Would his sacred heart be sinking
Into the canyon of dismay

And on the ones who sell the guns
He’d signal vultures and coyotes
Only the devil’s true devotees
Could profiteer from pain and fear

Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand
His immortal soul my lay forever in the sand
The angels wouldn’t take him up to heaven like he planned
Cause they couldn’t pry that gun from his cold dead hand

It takes a cold dead hand to decide to pull the trigger
It takes a cold dead heart and as near as I can figure
With your cold dead aim you’re trying to prove your junk is bigger
But we know your chariot may not be swinging low

You’re a big big man with an little bitty gland
So you need something bigger with a hair-pin trigger
You don’t want to get caught with your trousers down
When the psycho killer comes around
So you make your home like a thunderdome
And you’re always packing everywhere you roam
But the psycho’s win no matter what you do
Cause they’re gonna buy way more guns than you

And while you’re stumbling out of bed
They put five rounds in the back of your head
Or you get depressed ‘cause the money runs out
Then you put your own shotgun in your mouth
And your kids walk in and they find you there
Like a headless stump in your underwear
And they move the gun and it kills them too
And your wife just doesn’t know what to do
But she takes a hand grenade from her shoe
And she pulls the pin

And it’s all on you
And your cold dead hand
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882702 Apr 2, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling for "regime change" in Iraq. Signed into law by President Bill Clinton, and states that it is the policy of the United States to support democratic movements within Iraq.
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z... :
Myths, lies and complete complete stupidity.. that's liberal..
so when did the war start? and who was planning the post defeat on the drive to the WH from his inauguration?

good lord man, take some responsibility for the screw up. you nutjobs are never going to get another nutjob back into the WH until you start owning up.

oh wait...why am i complaining?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882703 Apr 2, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me that you lefties would actually entertain electing a woman whose entire ascent into politics was dependent upon her philandering husband. It amazes me that you lefties think she would have the spine to stand up to the enemies of the United States when she couldn't manage or have the dignity to divorce a man who had his genitalia sucked and ejaculated in the face of a 20-year-old employee.
It amazed me when the lefties of New York chose to elect a woman who hadn't lived a day in her life in New York as senator. Seems that celebrity is more important to pinheads than substance.
It amazes me that after she completely botched the Benghazi debacle, a stellar demonstration of her incompetence, that you lefties still think she would be competent in ANY role in which more of her employees could die.
But lefties are amazing. If they weren't constantly looking for ways to stick their hands in the pockets of taxpaying, responsible people (a. k. a. Conservatives) they would be amusing. But after years of paying for a bunch of pathetic parasites, I find them annoying.
what's really amazing are the FOX ratings considering no one pays attention to the claptrap you just posted.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882704 Apr 2, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
Topix is busy today censoring Iraq links...
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=7&...
see!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882705 Apr 2, 2013
WaxmanIdiot wrote:
<quoted text> the only thing bush got right is the IDIOT HE IS.
ok, beyond the painfully obvious.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#882706 Apr 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
so i guess we can now add the Iraq war to the ever growing list of things that Republicans are not responsible for.
so one has to wonder...what did Bush get right?
He could have helped create a good immigration reform bill if he hadn't sidetracked himself with war and favors for pharma, oil, high finance, lenders, home builders and military contractors.

And his immigration plan was shouted down by members of his own party and the right leaning talking heads, Dobbs, O'Rielly etc.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882707 Apr 2, 2013
DEATH wrote:
I DON'T MEAN TO BRAG, BUT THIS HAS TO BE SOME OF MY BEST WORK IN DAYS ...
SISSONVILLE, W.Va.(AP)— Shain Gandee lived for the outdoors, often going on muddy, off-road thrill rides in the hills near his West Virginia home. A recent late-night escapade ended in tragedy for the MTV reality show cast member and two others.
The popular "BUCKWILD" cast member was found dead Monday inside a sport utility vehicle belonging to his family that was found partially submerged in a deep mud pit about a mile from his home near Sissonville, authorities said. Also inside were the bodies of his uncle and another man.
Kanawha County Sheriff's Cpl. B.D. Humphreys said the red-and-white 1984 Ford Bronco's muffler was below the surface and that mud covered the passenger side. No foul play is suspected.
Authorities said the cause of the deaths was still under investigation and they refused to speculate on what happened. If the muffler was submerged and the engine kept running, it's possible the cabin of the vehicle could have filled with fatal carbon monoxide from the exhaust.
Shain, nicknamed "Gandee Candy" by fans, was a breakout star of the show that followed the antics of a group of young friends enjoying their wild country lifestyle. It was filmed last year, mostly around Sissonville and Charleston. Many of its rowdy exploits were his idea. In one episode, he turned a dump truck into a swimming pool.
Gandee was a true outdoorsman, shedding modern conveniences such as cell phones and computers for his proud redneck ways. He loved to hunt, ride all-terrain vehicles and go "mudding," or off-road driving. He went mudding in the show's first episode and ruined his pickup truck's motor.
"Shain always rides with these kids in four-wheelers and trucks," said a neighbor, Swanna Frampton, who had known him since he was a small child. "They were just out riding and having a good time."
oh yeah, great work, perpetuating the stereotype.

and i thought yesterday was Fools day.

(i'll be on the Daily Show tomorrow if anyone cares to watch.)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#882708 Apr 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so when did the war start? and who was planning the post defeat on the drive to the WH from his inauguration?
good lord man, take some responsibility for the screw up. you nutjobs are never going to get another nutjob back into the WH until you start owning up.
oh wait...why am i complaining?
)Osama Bin Laden declares war against Bill Clinton and the US in 1998...

http://articles.cnn.com/2002-08-19/us/terror....

December 16,1998 WASHINGTON (CNN)-- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq and starts war with Iraq.

"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with NUCLEAR ARMS, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.

Our mission is to attack Iraq's NUCLEAR, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.

Clinton Starts war with Iraq...

&fe ature=related

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#882709 Apr 2, 2013
FROM the obviously clueless...
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, beyond the painfully obvious.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Glenpool, OK

#882710 Apr 2, 2013
WaxmanIdiot wrote:
<quoted text> Mitt Romney= Mitt WRONG- ney.
If you're a bigoted, imbecilic moron maybe.

Dr. Carson please call duh White House-waxmanIdiot sayz he wanner be duh foist jackboot heel-licker zombie in duh mapping for some bwain disroder jackboot line lol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882711 Apr 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He could have helped create a good immigration reform bill if he hadn't sidetracked himself with war and favors for pharma, oil, high finance, lenders, home builders and military contractors.
And his immigration plan was shouted down by members of his own party and the right leaning talking heads, Dobbs, O'Rielly etc.
yeah, even the nutjobs ended up hating Bush.

but now all they do is make excuses for him....'It was all the Liberals fault!'

so tell me Real...did you vote for Bush?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Glenpool, OK

#882712 Apr 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, after Bush told us we were bout to see that mushroom cloud.
TheIndependentMajruty yelled "fire" fire"in the crowded theater. The stampede injured dozens.
Upon his arrest, Dumbass "T.I.M." told police, "look, I was't the only one who indicated there was a fire. Didn't you see everyone run to the door?"
Duh A Vey will duh second one standing in duh new scientifical study of jackboot-licking bwain disorders, at duh whitehouse scinetifical study labertory, pesonanallwee handing he Qtip of ear waxmanidiot over on a speshull engraved white hows scinetifical study petri dish---calling Dr Carson......

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882713 Apr 2, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>)Osama Bin Laden declares war against Bill Clinton and the US in 1998...
http://articles.cnn.com/2002-08-19/us/terror....
December 16,1998 WASHINGTON (CNN)-- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq and starts war with Iraq.
"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with NUCLEAR ARMS, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.
Our mission is to attack Iraq's NUCLEAR, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.
Clinton Starts war with Iraq...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ENAV_UoIfgcXX&feature=rel ated
Based on his interviews with O'Neill and several other officials at the meetings, Suskind writes that the planning envisioned peacekeeping troops, war crimes tribunals, and even divvying up Iraq's oil wealth.

He obtained one Pentagon document, dated March 5, 2001, and entitled "Foreign Suitors for Iraqi Oilfield contracts," which includes a map of potential areas for exploration.

"It talks about contractors around the world from, you know, 30-40 countries. And which ones have what intentions," says Suskind. "On oil in Iraq."

During the campaign, candidate Bush had criticized the Clinton-Gore Administration for being too interventionist: "If we don't stop extending our troops all around the world in nation-building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem coming down the road. And I'm going to prevent that."

"The thing that's most surprising, I think, is how emphatically, from the very first, the administration had said 'X' during the campaign, but from the first day was often doing 'Y,'" says Suskind. "Not just saying 'Y,' but actively moving toward the opposite of what they had said during the election."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/09/60m...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#882715 Apr 2, 2013
For out-of-towners seeking “four-star’’ accommodations here, there’s The Waldorf, The Pierre, The Plaza — and the city’s homeless shelters.

“People pay $3,000 for an apartment here, and I get to live here for free!” said Michal Jablonowski, 25, who moved back to the city from his native Poland three years ago and is now staying in a Bowery shelter.

“I have food. I have health care. It’s great,’’ Jablonowski said.“Here, the city supports you. The city helps you with everything.’’

City shelters boasting generous resources have increasingly become havens for out-of-towners, statistics show.

continued
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/thank_you_...

free everything, courtesy of NYC taxpayers. another unintended consequence of a bad, liberal ildea.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882716 Apr 2, 2013
My fellow citizens, events in Iraq have now reached the final days of decision. For more than a decade, the United States and other nations have pursued patient and honorable efforts to disarm the Iraqi regime without war. That regime pledged to reveal and destroy all its weapons of mass destruction as a condition for ending the Persian Gulf War in 1991.

Since then, the world has engaged in 12 years of diplomacy. We have passed more than a dozen resolutions in the United Nations Security Council. We have sent hundreds of weapons inspectors to oversee the disarmament of Iraq. Our good faith has not been returned.

The Iraqi regime has used diplomacy as a ploy to gain time and advantage. It has uniformly defied Security Council resolutions demanding full disarmament. Over the years, U.N. weapon inspectors have been threatened by Iraqi officials, electronically bugged, and systematically deceived. Peaceful efforts to disarm the Iraqi regime have failed again and again -- because we are not dealing with peaceful men.

Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised. This regime has already used weapons of mass destruction against Iraq's neighbors and against Iraq's people.

The regime has a history of reckless aggression in the Middle East. It has a deep hatred of America and our friends. And it has aided, trained and harbored terrorists, including operatives of al Qaeda.

The danger is clear: using chemical, biological or, one day, nuclear weapons, obtained with the help of Iraq, the terrorists could fulfill their stated ambitions and kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people in our country, or any other.

The United States and other nations did nothing to deserve or invite this threat. But we will do everything to defeat it. Instead of drifting along toward tragedy, we will set a course toward safety. Before the day of horror can come, before it is too late to act, this danger will be removed.

The United States of America has the sovereign authority to use force in assuring its own national security. That duty falls to me, as Commander-in-Chief, by the oath I have sworn, by the oath I will keep.

Recognizing the threat to our country, the United States Congress voted overwhelmingly last year to support the use of force against Iraq. America tried to work with the United Nations to address this threat because we wanted to resolve the issue peacefully. We believe in the mission of the United Nations. One reason the UN was founded after the second world war was to confront aggressive dictators, actively and early, before they can attack the innocent and destroy the peace.

In the case of Iraq, the Security Council did act, in the early 1990s. Under Resolutions 678 and 687 - both still in effect - the United States and our allies are authorized to use force in ridding Iraq of weapons of mass destruction. This is not a question of authority, it is a question of will.

Last September, I went to the U.N. General Assembly and urged the nations of the world to unite and bring an end to this danger. On November 8, the Security Council unanimously passed Resolution 1441, finding Iraq in material breach of its obligations, and vowing serious consequences if Iraq did not fully and immediately disarm.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/mar/18/u...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882717 Apr 2, 2013
DEATH wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, honey, I meant taking them out, thereby ridding the gene pool of three who have, or likely will, breed and further perpetuate the stereotype. This is what you meant, no?
I'm hoping my work will put them in the running for a 2013 Darwin Award. Competition is getting tougher and tougher, but I don't have no dog in this particular race, since after all, it's ALL my work.
Think of an artist who is in competition with himself to see which of his works will fetch the highest price at the gallery ...
setting a 'high' standard so to speak?

i can dig it. so please....for our edification...continue.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Glenpool, OK

#882718 Apr 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, even the nutjobs ended up hating Bush.
but now all they do is make excuses for him....'It was all the Liberals fault!'
so tell me Real...did you vote for Bush?
1. Scientifical study question for parteecipants numero uno:

What is eet that motrivates velveteenage age poster jackboot lickers daily, to remain continually stuck years behind the actually current state of duh yewneeyon, when there were uddder prezidinks, radder than (cough) thinking up-to-date and wealizing Mistuh Obammer is now prezidink, and haf been fer five yeaar plus now.
A. I dunno, I has a liberal bwain disoder
B. I jest like tuh bwame everthing on a bush, anee bush.
C. My veleveetaneg postuh speaks to me ever day and tells me to, denial ee better den reality.
D. All uf dee above.

Parteeceepants: Yew canot advance in the scientifical study lemming lines till yewz kan answore questchurn one. Take you time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882719 Apr 2, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true ignoramus. First of all, moron, guns do not "cause" them. MENTAL CONDITIONS DO! Additionally, if you banned all guns, people would simply find other ways so you are really just full of shit, as usual.
You're an idiot!
Typically, the government is focusing on the symptom and not the cure. Putting a Band-Aid on an infected wound only covers up the problem. It just becomes more infected.

It's almost impossible to address mental illness based on laws that prevent taking action even within the medical profession.

Changing the laws is the first solution. In most crimes involving mental illness, there were red flags but present laws prevented the perpetrators from getting the professional help they needed.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#882720 Apr 2, 2013
Well at LEAST OBAMA DIDn'T PROMISE TO TELL THE TRUTH How Obama is blocking out reporters and wrapping himself in a bubble so he can exercise ultimate control his public image. REAL CLEAR AND OPEN OBAMA

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23026...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Playboy offered Sarah Palin $4 Million to pose ... 16 min Larry Flint 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,786
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,266
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr _Zoey_ 326
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 46,876
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 98,269
Abby 9-21-14 3 hr cheluzal 11
Amy 9-23-14 5 hr edogxxx 21
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE