Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
812,101 - 812,120 of 1,085,030 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya think? Maybe... who knows? But... maybe they were in love with me? Maybe... they loved being loved by a man with the gifts to do so? I've looked at women from all the angles they couldn't possibly have seen themselves from, and... they seem to like my attention? I don't understand it myself.... heheheheh, yeah, I do. I was just fuckin' with you. Want to know the meaning of life? I could tell you if you want.... it's sex, honey. Women just want men to want them and, fortunately, I do. It's not brain surgery. I have a gift, sweetie. You can do your damnedest to deny it, but, the truth is, I love women. I'm really good at it and they sense it. Fecit. Eatit.
So why do keep carrying on about smoking sausages?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

"you"
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Obama’s basketball skills are about as impressive as his economic skills Miss, Miss, Miss George stop moving the Hoop!!
CAROL

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know, luv, if you go from this romp to those thug fillers that follow, I think it's clear that we ain't in Surrey any more...let's go to Paris and be Frank and Ernest, or Zelda and Scott, or Ernest and Gertrude...what-ev...
You know, honey, there's only the one reason why I haven't yet...
Can I still do carol, or does that feel too androgynous for you?
I've been thinking about it and can't see how Paris fits into this dump. Any ideas?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

If only more democrats would have shown some spine we would never have went into Iraq, unfortunetely they were more worried about their next re election campaigns.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
If only more democrats would have shown some spine we would never have went into Iraq, unfortunetely they were more worried about their next re election campaigns.
The GOP’s Vietnam

How Republican foreign policy lost the culture war—and a generation

America doesn’t really have a two-party system. It has a one-and-a-half-party system, where one party at a time tends to dominate the national agenda while the other becomes a half-party—one that might hold onto the House of Representatives and some state governments, but that isn’t trusted by voters to run the country.

The Republicans are America’s half-party today. This is a reversal from a generation ago, when the GOP typically held the White House—for all but four years from 1969 to 1993—and occasionally the Senate, while Democrats, despite a 40-year majority in the House of Representatives, were the party Americans deemed incompetent to govern at the national level.

The root of the GOP’s problem now is the same as that of the Democrats in 1969: the party’s reputation has been ruined by a botched, unnecessary war—Vietnam in the case of the Democrats, Iraq for the GOP.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

On 10th Anniversary, 53% in U.S. See Iraq War as Mistake
Republicans most likely to say conflict was not a mistake

Not surprisingly, given that the war was begun in the administration of a Republican, former President George W. Bush, 66% of respondents who identify as or lean Republican say the U.S. did not make a mistake in sending troops to fight in Iraq, while 30% express the contrary view. In contrast, 73% of Democratic leaners or identifiers see the military campaign as a mistake. Twenty-two percent in that group say it was not a mistake.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/161399/10th-annive...

the War belongs to the GOP.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Reflecting on the Iraq War by Ignoring the Iraq War

Jonah Goldberg grudgingly admits that the Iraq war was a political disaster for Republicans, but then follows it up by ignoring the source of the problem:

The more interesting question is:“What do you do about it?” One answer is for the GOP to do what it’s been doing. Fight, squabble, debate and, ultimately, grope its way out of the ditch. The Republican National Committee’s recent “autopsy” had many flaws, but the impulse for introspection was not one of them.

Some didn’t need a report. Whatever the merits of his positions, one has to admire the swiftness and alacrity of Sen. Rand Paul’s positioning as a different kind of Republican.

That is as close as Goldberg can bring himself to saying that Sen. Paul’s preference for a less aggressive foreign policy might be a sensible response to the Iraq debacle, except that he doesn’t make any connection between the two. Indeed, he doesn’t consider the merits of Paul’s positions, and instead just praises him for his speed in adopting them, which doesn’t make much sense. If Paul’s positions are wrong or politically radioactive in some way, it isn’t all that admirable to be quick to adopt them. If those positions are worth adopting because they are sound and/or popular, they might deserve more than a throwaway line. Sen. Paul is one of the very few elected Republicans at the national level willing to argue that foreign policy is a liability for the party now because Republicans have embraced policies abroad that are misguided, too costly, too aggressive, and not in the national interest. His “different kind of Republican” is one that understands that the Iraq war was a blunder in principle from the start and not just something that was flawed in its execution. That’s the one thing that most Republican pundits and politicians want to avoid discussing or debating, unless it is to praise Bush for the genius of the “surge” or congratulate themselves for their steadfastness in supporting an unnecessary war.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Waxman

Leamington Spa, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know, luv, if you go from this romp to those thug fillers that follow, I think it's clear that we ain't in Surrey any more...let's go to Paris and be Frank and Ernest, or Zelda and Scott, or Ernest and Gertrude...what-ev...
How about if you just visit your shrink as leo? Keep it honest and simple, psychopath.

See. You are feeling better already!

Good night.

Pucker up!
Waxman

Leamington Spa, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

leadville lou wrote:
Obama is truly scum:
Fort Hood Survivor Outraged Over DOD's Purple Heart Decision:'It's ...
nation.foxnews.com/purple-hearts/.../fort-hoo... ...
7 hours ago – On Friday, the Department of Defense revealed that no Purple Hearts would be given to victims – living or deceased – of the Fort Hood ...
DemocRATS hate patriots.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Fox Nation attacked President Obama for attending an Easter service at a church where dozens of presidents have worshipped, claiming he had a "pastor problem" because the Easter sermon given by the church's reverend touched on politics.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/01/obama...

Fox's Beckel Admits Fox Is Only Covering Pastor's Easter Comments To Attack Obama

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/01/foxs...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
...we would never have GONE into Iraq, UNFORTUNATELY...come on, Harmy, this shit you spread just gets looking deeper with your illiteracy...and, if memory serves, you Dumbya swallowers were accusing any thing American of being a treasonous traitor if they didn't tow the Darth Cheney line at that time. However, do me the honor of never voting for me again if you get the chance, Holmes...
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>...we would never have GONE into Iraq, UNFORTUNATELY...come on, Harmy, this shit you spread just gets looking deeper with your illiteracy...and, if memory serves, you Dumbya swallowers were accusing any thing American of being a treasonous traitor if they didn't tow the Darth Cheney line at that time. However, do me the honor of never voting for me again if you get the chance, Holmes...
Leo come on Iraq’s War is Clinton’s War…Right?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can GOP Reverse the Damage Done by Iraq?

http://townhall.com/columnists/jonahgoldberg/...

it's yours. own it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

"It's hard to see how Obamacare would have become law if Bush had never invaded Iraq."

[the war is] "responsible for liberalism's current political and cultural ascendance."

[the war] "muddied up the meaning of conservatism and bloodied up its reputation."

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't nned a dictionary to know the definition of those words separately.
The specifics I was asking you about is why you think Obama is "doing a good job" as a single phrase.
I feel no need. My statement stands as is.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal. Makes statements he can't back up.
Typical idiot. Makes assumptions and is wrong.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's yours. own it.
LOL they were just all over TV defending it for the 10 year anniversary spectacular!
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's yours. own it.
Than you agree its Obama’s Economy!! Back to you… It’s yours. own it!!
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Magnitude 6.0 - OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recent...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you even crazier than I previously thought? We didn't wag that dog, go to war with the army you had rather than the one you wanted, in search of a smoking gun = mushroom cloud, greeted as liberators with flower and chocolates, cost of six billion paid for with oil...you are, as always, wrong...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min Concerned in Las Cruces 68,467
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr obama 49,033
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 7,705
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 488
Ask Amy 8-1-14 6 hr Shari23 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••