Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,597)

Showing posts 811,921 - 811,940 of1,034,930
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880568
Mar 27, 2013
 
The Ostrich Effect: Fox News And Right-Wing Media Bury Their Heads (And Truth) In The Sand

It’s more difficult being a shill for ultra-conservative propaganda than you might think. On the surface it appears to be merely an exercise in fabricating false narratives and phony scandals. Any two-bit, dime-store, novelist can whip up a salacious melodrama in short order and disseminate it to a gullible flock of lemmings.

However, to be really good at shaping fantastical versions of unreality, you need to be alert and organized to prevent your plot lines from getting away and destroying the illusions you worked so hard to create.

One of the techniques that Fox News has perfected is to broadcast a slanderous allegation as widely as possible when it is no more than a wispy speculation. Then, after it is discovered that the whole affair was constructed from lies and innuendo, simply neglect to ever bring it up again.

This was expertly demonstrated recently when Fox News participated in blowing up a smear job aimed at Democratic Senator Bob Menendez of New Jersey. The story sprung from the right-wing Internet rag, The Daily Caller, which happens to be run by Fox News flunky, Tucker Carlson. TheDC purported to have evidence that Menendez hired prostitutes in the Dominican Republic and ran several articles on the subject. Fox News and other right-wing media picked up the story and turned it into a mini-scandal that erupted in the closing days of Menendez’s reelection campaign.

However, in the past couple of weeks the story has disintegrated as the prostitutes were questioned by police and recanted their statements, even going so far as to confess that they were paid to make false statements incriminating Menendez. And last week the deceit escalated as the man on whom TheDC based its story changed his tune and told the Domincan district attorney that he too was paid – by TheDC – to find and coach the prostitutes.

In the wake of these revelations, Media Matters has scoured Fox News for any sign of a retraction, correction, or apology, or even just an acknowledgement of the new disclosures. But for some reason, the network that aired segments of this story twenty times has ignored it completely since it has been debunked.

This is nothing new for Fox. Here are some additional stories where they heavily hyped questionable reporting that reflected poorly on Democrats or anyone to the left of center, only to scuttle the matter when it backfired on them:....

Living in the Fox bubble must be an endlessly painful experience. In case after case they are jolted by news that is at odds with the fragile pseudo-reality that cloaks them. But the most intriguing question has got to be: When will they cast it off? How many times must they get burned before they learn?

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880569
Mar 27, 2013
 
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>as opposed to your bad karma when you look in the mirror.
LOL! I've got a treasure trove of great karma! Maybe if you start now, you could reverse your bad karma, but, you'd have to be on it 24/7 and it's still not guaranteed.
You're so stupid that you don't even understand the word or the concept.
Watch out for falling diapers!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880570
Mar 27, 2013
 
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, we might just get swept away completely? Oh well, I want to be buried at sea anyway.
I'd love to know his source for this sort of info__a quick google of canary island news has a couple of entries on the subject that are nothing at all like Flack's doom and gloom bullshyte. The big news in the Canary's is that a long awaited three story shopping mall has finally opened.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880572
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh god lord.
so where are the WMDs?
and before you start in on me about a man who has written much about how Indians were slaughtered in this country, you should know that i'm half Miami Indian, and that i have read this....
A Little Matter of Genocide: Holocaust And Denial In The Americas 1492 To The Present (1997) is a book written by Ward Churchill. A Little Matter of Genocide surveys ethnic cleansing from 1492 to the present. Churchill compares the treatment of North American Indians to historical instances of genocide by communists in Cambodia, Turks against Armenians, and Europeans against the Gypsies, as well as Nazis against the Poles and Jews.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Little_Matter_...
and i agree with every word.
Nazis against the Poles and Jews. Got democrat sonicfiller?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880573
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so i wonder how many kids will be watching tv today without realizing that the shotgun their father is cleaning is loaded and is pointing at the back of their head?
but if it happens to go off, like one did yesterday, that's ok, right?
if adults are too stupid to be a responsible gun owner, then i guess our children need to take up the slack.
Only an idiot cleans any weapon loaded. You always assume the weapon is loaded even if you just unloaded it. That is the first thing taught to everyone. Well obviously not everyone. Just like you never put your finger on the trigger until you are actually are ready to fire.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880574
Mar 27, 2013
 
flack wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell? Why in the world would a doctor talk about gun safety with a patient unless they are friends who hunt or shoot together. You people are going NUTS!!!
For a myriad of reasons; if the patient seems distressed or suicidal, if the doctor asks if he/she may be thinking of hurting himself or others, or if he has a weapon. Talking to children about weapons and if there are weapons readily available in the home, is another reason. You are the one who is nuts. More people die of self inflicted gunshots than murder. Most suicides by teens are with the family gun.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880575
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sonicfilter wrote:
The Ostrich Effect: Fox News And Right-Wing Media.. Spared the deranges spam...
sonicfiller's cover of smoke and bullshit, FOX his assisted living center.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880576
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you read? He is attempting to prevent women from paying for it with their own money for their own policies. This won't fly.
He's not a dictator, abortion is legal in this country, he doesn't have that right
Abortion is a racist demokratic institution, always was, still is..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880577
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Only an idiot cleans any weapon loaded. You always assume the weapon is loaded even if you just unloaded it. That is the first thing taught to everyone. Well obviously not everyone. Just like you never put your finger on the trigger until you are actually are ready to fire.
sonicfiller can't differentiate the difference between communist propaganda, fact, fiction, or opinion. A dummy like sonicfiller never fails..
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880578
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so i wonder how many kids will be watching tv today without realizing that the shotgun their father is cleaning is loaded and is pointing at the back of their head?
but if it happens to go off, like one did yesterday, that's ok, right?
if adults are too stupid to be a responsible gun owner, then i guess our children need to take up the slack.
That mobile home walls are paper thin is no comfort either.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880579
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Will you pick up a history book, they were southern Democrats, today those same people and their descendants are Republicans. The South used to be all Democrats, do you think they
A. all moved north/west coast or B. became Republicans?
Homer 216…. Name those Democrats that wire tape Kings Office, Blocked access to Black Students, and use Fire Hoses/K-9 Dogs on Civil Rights Marchers and then tell me who of these Individuals that committed these acts became Republican?
For Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880580
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No Surprize wrote:
Democrat and guns are a recipe for Mental illness and public safety disaster.
really? The shooter at virginia tech was a registered REPUBLICAN

YOU'RE AN IMBECILE!
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880581
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh god lord.
so where are the WMDs?
and before you start in on me about a man who has written much about how Indians were slaughtered in this country, you should know that i'm half Miami Indian, and that i have read this....
A Little Matter of Genocide: Holocaust And Denial In The Americas 1492 To The Present (1997) is a book written by Ward Churchill. A Little Matter of Genocide surveys ethnic cleansing from 1492 to the present. Churchill compares the treatment of North American Indians to historical instances of genocide by communists in Cambodia, Turks against Armenians, and Europeans against the Gypsies, as well as Nazis against the Poles and Jews.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Little_Matter_...
and i agree with every word.
Not only where were/are the WMDs, but if he supposedly moved them, what was our reason for invading? Why didn't Saddam even try & fight back using those WMDs? You say he used them on his own people, yet he never fired a single 1 at America & the other invaders! Why was America at war with the same people they were supposed to be liberating! Why was Saddam's first move to set ablaze all the oil fields if the war was never really over oil? See if they can answer those questions!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880582
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
For a myriad of reasons; if the patient seems distressed or suicidal, if the doctor asks if he/she may be thinking of hurting himself or others, or if he has a weapon. Talking to children about weapons and if there are weapons readily available in the home, is another reason. You are the one who is nuts. More people die of self inflicted gunshots than murder. Most suicides by teens are with the family gun.
More people die of drugs than self inflicted gunshots than murder. Most suicides by teens are with drugs.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880583
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion is a racist demokratic institution, always was, still is..
You're just against anything you have no control over, or just don't understand!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880584
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'd love to know his source for this sort of info__a quick google of canary island news has a couple of entries on the subject that are nothing at all like Flack's doom and gloom bullshyte. The big news in the Canary's is that a long awaited three story shopping mall has finally opened.
Ask him for the inside poop!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880585
Mar 27, 2013
 
countdowntozerotime.org/.../americas-eastcoas...

One of many pages

First video pulled due to Discovery copyright but the rest tells the tell.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880586
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

For Real wrote:
<quoted text> really? The shooter at virginia tech was a registered REPUBLICAN
YOU'RE AN IMBECILE!
The Virginia Tech shooter~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~ Registered Democrat
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880587
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You're just against anything you have no control over, or just don't understand!
Liberal is more dangerous in a ghetto retard than Rabies is in a dog NJ raider..

The inner city ghettos and projects of modern America, and government preserves are the breeding ground 'Blue Magnets' of hate filled liberalism, racism, bogotry, poverty, abortion, the killing fields of blacks.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880589
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

There was an interesting segment on NPR yesterday about guns:

Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention come to some remarkable conclusions about gun deaths, race, sex and region. Briefly put, white people who die by gunfire are much more likely to be male, rural and suicides; black people much more likely to be urban, victims of homicide and again, male.

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/26/175378043/the-e...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 811,921 - 811,940 of1,034,930
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••