Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882444 Apr 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, um, but I'd like you to be more specific now too. what, exactly, and this requires a complete understanding of federal policy, is he not doing to your satisfaction and try and avoid the sort of broad, sweeping language you people prefer. Too many vacations? Too much golf? What, exactly, are you talking about?
She's mad because he's black. That's all there is to know. That's why every breathe the President takes irritates her
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882445 Apr 1, 2013
I can't wake up, hubby! Hoe do you know when a man's dead?
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882446 Apr 1, 2013
How
WaxmanIdiot

United States

#882447 Apr 1, 2013
DCobamafool wrote:
<quoted text> being a democraticSCUM qualifies you as the ANTI-AMERICAN IDIOT YOU ARE, YOU ARE A ZERO TO THE RIGHT WASHING-DUMB. LOL
better off being a zero to the right that will give us millions in numbers, unlike a zero to the left who republicans normally are, you'll always be more than a zero to the left and to the dems. Typical wrong wing idiot.
carol

Orlando, FL

#882448 Apr 1, 2013
Stick your tongue up his ass, it's a dead giveaway.
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882449 Apr 1, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
This is fabulous, notice the expressions on the Democrat's faces.
http://forum.snipershide.com/s-2-intel-2nd-am...
There are no words to adequately describe my reaction to this video.

Whatever inspired this man to make that speech, let's hope it's contagious. In fact, let's get down on our knees and pray it is.

The voice of common sense and reason. What America is starving to hear.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#882450 Apr 1, 2013
LAMBRO: Unemployed and black in Obama’s America
Jobless rate is worse than his predecessor’s
President Obama’s failed job policies are facing bitter criticism from black Americans, whose leaders now say black unemployment has grown worse under his presidency.

After four years of holding their tongues and remaining quiet in the face of sharply rising black unemployment rates, top political leaders from the Congressional Black Caucus to the NAACP have opened fire on the White House.

Mr. Obama won 96 percent of the black vote in 2008 and about the same percentage in 2012, despite years of very high unemployment levels among black workers. At 14 percent for adults and 43.1 percent for 16- to 19-year-olds, blacks still have the highest jobless rate of any minority group in the United States.

Black leaders in Congress largely kept their complaints to themselves throughout Mr. Obama’s first term in office and during his re-election campaign. The nation’s black leadership has become a great deal more vocal lately about fewer employment opportunities and a weak, lackluster economy. They are especially unhappy with the fact that Mr. Obama has placed relatively few black officials in top-level positions in his second-term administration.

It didn’t get that much media attention, but shortly after the president was inaugurated in January, NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Jealous went on nationwide television to condemn Mr. Obama’s weak job-creation record, charging that black Americans “are doing a full point worse” than when Mr. Obama became president.

“The country’s back to pretty much where it was when this president started,” Mr. Jealous said on “Meet the Press” Jan. 27.

OBAMA AND HIS BIGOTTED SUPPORTERS ONLY CARE ABOUT THE GAY AGENDA AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882451 Apr 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>In the printed material that the JW's leave in my mail box Jesus looks like the young Barry Gibb.
(there's a punch line waiting for someone)
Too weird for me. I just look at those pictures and say who is that flashback hippie dressed like an ancient Jew?
carol

Orlando, FL

#882452 Apr 1, 2013
If he is dead, there'll be a "death turd" comin' your way, so, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#882453 Apr 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Thank you Mr. President for keeping the country safe all these years, unlike Bush who had us attacked witinh his first year and involved in two wars by year 3.
There are some folks at fort hood that beg to differ.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#882454 Apr 1, 2013
Quick question: Who is the latest Democratic senator to come out in support of affirmative action?

OK, another question: Who is the latest Republican senator to come out in support of affirmative action?

How about this one: Do any Republican senators support affirmative action?

Last question: Do you know the answer to any of the above questions?

Chances are you don't. Most of us don't. But I bet you know that Republican Sen. Rob Portman now supports same-sex marriage, spurred by his love and compassion for his openly gay son. I bet you also know that 10 Democratic senators oppose gay marriage.

The reason you know both of these facts is that same-sex marriage has become the mainstream media's civil rights cause célèbre -- even though it ultimately affects just under 4 percent of the population. To be clear, this population deserves rights and protections regardless of how few of them there may be, but not at the expense of other groups.

Though I have sensed a disparity in civil rights coverage for months in print, online and on television, I only recently tried multiple online searches to see if I was being paranoid.

I wasn't.

A search of "Affirmative action before the Supreme Court" produced just over 100 million results.(This number came up whether I tried including the year 2013 or used parentheses.) "Voting rights before the Supreme Court" netted more than 400 million results. But "Gay marriage before the Supreme Court" produced article after article after TV clip after TV clip, with just over 800 million results. "Same sex marriage before the Supreme Court" produced even more: just under 900 million results.

I have been baffled by the fact that while the Supreme Court's upcoming rulings on voting rights and affirmative action were relegated to a couple of days of nonintensive media coverage, coverage of the court's upcoming rulings on same-sex marriage has been treated as the second coming of the Brown v. Board of Education case, which literally changed America for all Americans, as opposed to the second coming of Loving v. Virginia, which the gay-marriage case more closely resembles, and which ultimately changed the lives of some Americans: those pursuing interracial relationships.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#882455 Apr 1, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She's mad because he's black. That's all there is to know. That's why every breathe the President takes irritates her
lily loves the race card

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882456 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no words to adequately describe my reaction to this video.
Whatever inspired this man to make that speech, let's hope it's contagious. In fact, let's get down on our knees and pray it is.
The voice of common sense and reason. What America is starving to hear.
Oh, for goodness sakes, bets, what america is starving to hear is, "Oh, BOB! that's the biggest one I've ever seen!" Well, half of us are... the other half want to hear, "Hey, honey, I bought you a 5 carat perfect pink diamond today to thank you for all you do around here. here you go, sweetie. Now, I have to go back to work, are you going to be alright here by the pool until I get home... around... 11 pm or so?"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#882457 Apr 1, 2013
It is telling that while President Obama has recently done interview after interview in which he has weighed in with his support on same-sex marriage, by comparison, his support of affirmative action in recent years has seemed perfunctory at best.(A Google search of "Obama on affirmative action" yields 44.4 million results, while a search of "Obama on same sex marriage" yields 506 million.)

I am glad that LGBT Americans are finally on their way to being accepted fully as Americans who have just as much right to the American dream as the rest of us. But I think it is unfortunate that a year from now, it is very possible that white, gay Americans will talk about their status as minorities with nostalgia, if they talk about it at all.

Meanwhile, their brown and black LGBT brothers and sisters will still struggle daily for economic equality -- in part because politicians, media and the Supreme Court were too busy focusing on making one already privileged group happy while forgetting that the struggles of the others still exist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#882458 Apr 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>All that meth you are inhaling from your lab is killing millions of your brain cells.
Nothing to say about your buddy who stays up night after night pretending to be carol?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#882459 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
I can't wake up, hubby! Hoe do you know when a man's dead?
When he tells you he is a Democrat, of course.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
DCobamafool

Pompano Beach, FL

#882460 Apr 1, 2013
WaxmanIdiot wrote:
<quoted text> better off being a zero to the right that will give us millions in numbers, unlike a zero to the left who republicans normally are, you'll always be more than a zero to the left and to the dems. Typical wrong wing idiot.
lowlifebottomfeedingObamaworsh ippingmoronforsure say what? LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882461 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you ever disciplined by your parents?
Why is it liberals equate discipline with a beating? Were you beaten as a child? I sure hope not. If so, at least that would explain your own personal view.
If not, were you ever disciplined? And did you never do anything wrong as a child? Because the perfect child doesn't exist.
Most children whose parents cared enough to teach them right from wrong when they were growing up love them even more after becoming adults themselves.
True for me anyway.
Not really, it wasn't necessary, my father gave serious looks that we're extremely effective, mother pulled our hair a few times. We were obedient. Different times, older parents, farm life etc.
I don't believe in corporal punishment either, didnt hit my children, violence begets violence.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882462 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Too weird for me. I just look at those pictures and say who is that flashback hippie dressed like an ancient Jew?
Can't be THAT ancient, sweetie, he was up and around yesterday, right?
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#882463 Apr 1, 2013
The government’s employment numbers maintained by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics support Mr. Jealous‘ latest criticism. The black unemployment rate was 12.7 percent when President George W. Bush finished his second term and Mr. Obama took office.

It soared over the first three years of Mr. Obama’s first term to 16.7 percent by September 2011, the worst jobless rate for black Americans since 1983. Unemployment among black teenagers exploded to 39.3 percent in July 2012.

“Statistics show that the African-American community is in bad shape under the Obama administration,” the widely read black website Your Black World said this week.Earlier this month, Rep. Marcia L. Fudge, Ohio Democrat, the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, let loose with some stinging criticisms of Mr. Obama’s record on his appointments in his second term.“The people you have chosen to appoint in this new term have hardly been reflective of this country’s diversity,” she said in a letter to the president.“Their ire is compounded by the overwhelming support you’ve received from the African-America community.”Ms. Fudge and other CBC members complain that Mr. Obama has not devoted enough attention in his agenda to many of the critical economic issues within the black community, especially severe unemployment.”I think we are going to hear more voices of opposition coming from all sectors of black leadership, and certainly from the most hard-pressed sections of the black population,” said Tony Monteiro, professor of African-American studies at Temple University in Philadelphia.

Unfortunately, most black leaders do not understand that it is Mr. Obama’s economic policies that have contributed to the high level of unemployment among all Americans, especially blacks.

The NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus still think that Mr. Obama’s $800 billion economic-stimulus plan, largely made up of public works, infrastructure and other government spending, was the smart way to create jobs and boost economic growth. If anything, they wanted him to spend more.

There were no economic-growth incentives in his plan, though, that would have boosted venture-capital investment, the mother’s milk of business expansion, new business formation and job creation.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 38 min texas pete 4,734
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 45 min MaryanMattie 49,899
Army recruitment form still on sale call_081173... 1 hr omokaro Collins 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,188
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,806
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 69,416
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 8 hr Mr oH 10
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••